Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt to see significant playing time Thursday

Started by ReturnToDynasty?, August 24, 2005, 10:41:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ReturnToDynasty?

No.1 draft pick Matt Jones, relegated mostly to second-half duty with the reserves the past two games, has been practicing with the first-team offense as the No.3 receiver this week and is expected to do the same against the Falcons.

As the third receiver, Jones is working out of the slot in three-receiver formations. It is the same role filled by Troy Edwards last season and by sixth-round pick Chad Owens in last week's preseason victory at Tampa Bay.

Coach Jack Del Rio was scheduled to speak to the media Tuesday but did not appear at the post-practice session with reporters.

"He's the first-round pick, and you've got to see what they can do,'' said Owens, who caught three passes for 37 yards against the Buccaneers. "As a sixth-round pick, I just felt privileged to be [the third receiver] last week.''

Jones, a 6-foot-6 quarterback at Arkansas who is converting to receiver in the NFL, is tied with Owens for the Jaguars' preseason lead with five catches. Jones has 93 receiving yards (an 18.6-yard average) and caught his first pro touchdown against Miami in the opener.

HighOnHogs

Go MJ!  I hope he turns into a first year helper for the Jags.

donthaveone

Good, I live in the ATL, I'll get to see the whole game on thursday.

ReturnToDynasty?

I predict we see Matt throw the ball this week or the next against Dallas; either at QB or on a trick play from WR, TE, H-B.

hogfandeet

I think/hope that game (jax-atl) is going to be on espn for all of us to see.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Queen Hog

Hot dang!!!  I can't wait to watch the game!!!  So...do I pick him as a receiver for my Fantasty Football Team or a quarterback...ahahahahahahahahhaha?
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

uofajoe99

My fanatasy football team's online draft starts at 7 (same time as game..) It is going to be interesting to see which homer picks Matt WAY too early.

This link has probably been on here before, but what is the deal with Chris Carter saying "he will never be a WR in the NFL!!!!" Has he been smoking with his ol' buddy Randy?

[http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cc-tightends081005&prov=yhoo&type=lgns]

BigPapaHawg

Chris Carter has taken to many hits to the head!
WOO PIG