Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Basketball Non-Conference Schedule is out:

Started by Eric Sullivan, August 19, 2005, 08:18:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Sullivan

Hogvillers... here is Coach Stan Heath and Hogs Non-Conference Basketball Schedule...

Ark vs. Texas Tech Dec. 21st... ( I freaking can't wait, don't hate me, but I love Bob Knight!!! )

Eric Sully.

2005-06 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS BASKETBALL SCHEDULE

(Non-conference only)
Date                                        Opponent                               TV              Location                            Time

Saturday, Oct. 29                Red-White Game                                     Fayetteville, Ark.             4:05 p.m.

Friday, Nov. 4                       Southwest Baptist (Exhibition)             Fayetteville, Ark.             7:05 p.m.

Saturday, Nov. 12                Xavier-New Orleans (Exhibition)         Fayetteville, Ark.             TBA

Friday, Nov. 18                     Portland State                                          Fayetteville, Ark.             7:05 p.m.

Mon.-Wed., Nov. 21-23      Maui Invitational                                     Maui, Hawaii

(Arkansas, Arizona, Chaminade, Connecticut, Gonzaga, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan State)

Monday, Nov. 21                 vs. Connecticut                    ESPN2        Maui, Hawaii                     10:30 p.m.

Tuesday, Nov. 22                 vs. Arizona or Kansas         ESPN2/U    Maui, Hawaii                     3 or 8:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Nov. 23           vs. TBA                                 ESPN/2/U  Maui, Hawaii                     TBA

Saturday, Nov. 26                Radford                                                      Fayetteville, Ark.             2:05 p.m.

Wednesday, Nov. 30            Southern Miss                     FSN            Fayetteville, Ark.             7:05 p.m.

Friday, Dec. 2                       Missouri                               ARSN        Fayetteville, Ark.             7:05 p.m.

Tuesday, Dec. 6                    Texas St.                               ARSN        Fayetteville, Ark.             7:05 p.m.

Thursday, Dec. 15               Missouri St.                         ARSN        Fayetteville, Ark.             7:05 p.m.

Saturday, Dec. 17                 #Rice                                      ARSN         N. Little Rock, Ark.          TBA

Wednesday, Dec. 21           %vs. Texas Tech                  ESPN2        Dallas, Texas                     9 p.m.     

Thursday, Dec. 29               UT-Pan American               ARSN        Fayetteville, Ark.             7:05 p.m.

Sunday, Jan. 1                      Western Illinois                  ARSN        Fayetteville, Ark.             TBA

Fayetteville games in bold

FSN – FSN South/Southwest

ARSN- Arkansas Razorback Sports Network

# - game played in Alltel Arena

% - game played in American Airlines Center

Bomis Hawg

Mizzou and So. Miss aren't bad.  Rice and Tech back-to-back?  Nice.  A little SWC flavor.  This is a much better slate than last year even if you left out the Maui trip.

Good keeping your ears to the ground.  Awesome work, Sully!

Eric Sullivan

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 19, 2005, 08:21:39 pm
Mizzou and So. Miss aren't bad. Rice and Tech back-to-back? Nice. A little SWC flavor. This is a much better slate than last year even if you left out the Maui trip.
Believe it or not, Portland St. wasn't bad last year, 19-9... And RICE went 19-12 and is now in the CONF USA... Your much better..

ESully

Bomis Hawg

SMS/Missouri State is usually good.  The Xavier-NO game should be an interesting preseason game.  Much like the game last year or the year before that went to the wire.

Mike Shelton

WOW! Arkansas stepped it up this year.(especially the maui invitational.) GO HOGS!! mike shelton
www.sonicbids.com/tripplethreat2

nathanj

Thanks for the bball schedule sully.  Also, thanks for the pigskin preview.  Nice meeting you this afternoon

Eric Sullivan

Quote from: nathanj on August 19, 2005, 09:53:37 pm
Thanks for the bball schedule sully. Also, thanks for the pigskin preview. Nice meeting you this afternoon
No problem man.. Go hogs!!!!!!!

CarolinaHog1176

WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

hawkeyefan17

I am surprised that no one (ESPN, CBS, Fox Sports) picked the Arkansas vs. Missouri game on December 2nd. That seems like an intriuging match up and it is also a border battle so I would think someone would pick it up.

Good luck in Maui this year. My Hawkeyes did well there last season until the North Carolina game. I hope the Hogs can make a similar run.

pork-e-pine

I just moved to dallas and i am soooooooo exited that the hogs will be playing a game like 10 minutes from me.  And to be more specific it is in the scary downtown don't look anybody in the eyes part of dallas.  On an aside, how do I get tickets to sit with the away fans is there a website link and when does that become available?
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

wincrimson

Cresthog

Texas Tech vs Arkansas in Dallas?? Isnt Lubbock a good way from Dallas? That is kind of interesting. You can almost say this could be a home and home game bc we are likely to have just as many fans in Dallas as Tech.

Bomis Hawg

Is Dallas closer to Lubbock than San Antonio?  This was supposed to be a Neutral/Neutral trade.  With that said, I don't know why Dallas.  The simple fact that the AAC is in the same city as the Barnhill South -- I like our chances of having some numbers there.  Can't wait for Tech!

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

hogginuplittlerock

holy crap...michigan state? connecuit...ARIZONA AND KANSAS??? jeez i hope heath and the boys eat there wheaties before the maui invational---im already excited about the arkansas-rice game-i think this will be one of the more classic rematches and better ones.

three

The AAC is a world-class facility.  I've had the chance to see NBA games in the Staples Center (LA) and the AAA (American Airlines Arena in Miami), the AAC is the nicest of the three.  And it's always been a great atmosphere for the Big XXII Tourny.  I'm excited, hope I can go back home for that one, should be a great game.

For all of you wondering about the drive from Lubbock to Dallas.  It's about a 6 to 6 1/2 hour drive.  From Fayetteville to Dallas?  Well it averages at about 5:15.  But when you drive it as much as I do, you can knock it down to about 4:30.  Just remember, all those speed traps through Oklahoma are dangerous, go the speed limit or YOU WILL GET A TICKET!!

Every year in March, there's an article in the Dallas Morning News that says, "Now is when you miss those damn hog fans."  The businesses and media love having hog fans down for games, it creates an incredible atmosphere down in the West End (about 5 minutes away from AAC) and Deep Ellum.  This is the year Arkansas takes back Dallas.  It will be like a home game for the hogs.  Tech's following has gotten bigger in Big D since Bob Knight, but it's still not as big as Arkansas' is in Dallas, the city with the largest number of UA alumns in any city outside of the state of Arkansas.  If you can make it down, go, cuz it will be incredible, plus, I think we can win.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

Tomhog™

This year's schedule will give us a better gauge of how they will perform in SEC action.  Last year's creampuff schedule made us think we were better than we were.  Let's hope this year we ARE as good as we hope!!!

Adam Stokes

Well, after everyone complaining (including me) how bad our schedule was last year, I can't wait for this season.  I was doing some tampering with the RPI.  Everyone knows the two reasons we didn't make the tourney last year was our non-conference schedule, and our 6-10 SEC record. 

Our overall Strength of Schedule RPI last year according to teamrankings.com was 119.  And our regular RPI was 108.  After doing some calculations I found that if we had had the same non-conference schedule this year opposed to last year, our total SOS RPI would be 9!!! Nine!!!! Ninth best in the nation.  With that affecting 75% of the rankings, our RPI would shot up to 30, probably good enough to make the tournament.  I like what Heath's doing this year despite the criticism.  He doing exactly what was wrong last season, and with the higher hopes of our players and not many "cupcake" opponents, I believe this is the year to celebrate.  (We can celebrate next year is we sign Thad)

Adam Stokes