Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Wild Rebel

Started by Tomhog™, March 03, 2008, 10:15:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Lazlo

I say let Nuttle$$ have as many players from the 3rd best team in the 5a southeast as he wants.

SteelShot

Quote from: passinghog on March 03, 2008, 07:56:53 pm
I've talked to Coach Vaughn on a number of occasions; He is truly a cool guy, but with that being said, the only thing he seemed to be good at was getting our foot in the door with prospects.
And with foot in the door, I mean our baby toe barely hanging on to the last splinter; and to discuss
his coaching would be a waste a time...NOT even worth a discussion or debate.

How could Otis possibly make a statement like that?
All the BIG TIME prospects Vaughn has got a little in on for us, he NEVER was able to close the deal. EVER. Go check the number of Florida prospects we struck out on in the past 7 years.
Arkansas never locked down the state until AFTER he left and Tim Horton was recruiting coordinator. All Vaughn's been able to prove is that he consistently cannot get the job done, be it coaching and recruiting, despite his likability.
Any Arkansas prospect that is being recruited by him out to be schooled on his track record; whatever position he coached at Arkansas, that unit digressed SEVERLY from the prior season. That is a very easy to prove fact, just ask those the players who he coached.

Can't argue with any of that.  +1
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

SteelShot

Quote from: antiono hogderas on March 03, 2008, 10:45:28 pm
You guys must have forgot that Nutt took a two star Dmac and turned him into a first round NFL pick, according to Nutt.

LMAO, I forgot about that quote from the Ole Miss signing day. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

saywhat?

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on March 03, 2008, 09:44:03 pm
Nutt talks about the 1998 season like we ran the run and shoot. We were good in the passing game, not great. We had a nice set of WR's and a QB that lacked physical talent but made good decisions. Stoerner regularly checked out of Nutt's crapty playcalls. If you go back and watch film the plays were still very elementary. The game has evolved to a point now where that type of offense will not work.

Exactly what I was going to say.  Stoerner checked out Nutt plays quite often.