Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tenn v. memphis predictions

Started by HogSophist, February 23, 2008, 11:00:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogSophist

I think tennessee. Conf usa just isn't enough tune up for this game. Tenn in a close one.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

cubman

I agree. I don't think Mem. has played enough quality teams to truely be prepared for the speed Tenn. has.

vol_in_ar

I wish I was as confident..
Being in Memphis, it's a huge advantage for the Tigers

But Tennessee pulls it out, in the end
Lofton hits the game winner

masonselby

tenn by 6, memphis wont be able to handle 40 min of the vols especially if lofton is on.
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

idiotghos

Vols have had trouble controlling games from start to finish, even with much more talent than every team they've played.  Memphis hasn't lost in the Forum in years, and not for lack of playing some very good teams there.

Tigers by 10.

40MINSOFHELL

tigers by 10+...they remember last years big loss to tenn.

Arkiebrian

vol_in_ar

Quote from: idiotghos on February 23, 2008, 12:11:37 pm
Vols have had trouble controlling games from start to finish, even with much more talent than every team they've played.  Memphis hasn't lost in the Forum in years, and not for lack of playing some very good teams there.

Tigers by 10.

I'd feel better if it wasn't at the forum, they have  a 47 home game streak
That Tennessee's going to try and end today

edt

I will go with Memphis because they are playing at home. On a neutral court Tenn. would beat them.

TN HOG

It will be hard for UT to break the Tigers home winning steak of 47 straight games but maybe they can confuse them by running four players all named Smith at them.

Tigers by 3.

Play like a Champion!

vol_in_ar

Quote from: TN HOG on February 23, 2008, 01:15:51 pm
It will be hard for UT to break the Tigers home winning steak of 47 straight games but maybe they can confuse them by running four players all named Smith at them.

Tigers by 3.

nice

Merle Hawggard

memphis in a blowout...beale will be hopping tonight
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

want2be

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 23, 2008, 12:39:18 pm
tigers by 10+...they remember last years big loss to tenn.

THAT'S RIGHT PAYBACK ARE _ELL! MEMPHIS BY AT LEAST 10

pigger10

Throwback1

"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

HogSophist

Tback,
Any idea what the spread is or is it a pickem?
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

Throwback1

"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

HogSophist

I will take tenn 5.5 for five dollars! Game?

Throwback1

lol...naw...better not...scared money don't gamble...I"ll give ya Tenn. and 5.5,and the loser comes back here and says ("the winner" is a lot smarter about college bb than "he" is)

HogSophist

Throwback1

Throwback1

Quote from: HogSophist on February 23, 2008, 03:33:32 pm
I will take tenn 5.5 for five dollars! Game?
it occurred to me I better get that spread firmed up....lol

HogSophist

:)
I checked it @ 7.5 online, u r getting a deal!

Throwback1

lol...bout time....I'll give ya 6.

HogSophist

Throwback1

lol...we'll see how long that opinion lasts

HogSophist

Lmao! It will endure despite my banter in another "forum" around here!

Throwback1

Desperate Hog

I'll root for Memphis just because i dislike Calipari a lot less than I dislike Pearl.  should be a good game. 
"I've got dozens of friends and the fun never ends that is as long as I'm buying"-Tommy Shaw

vol_in_ar

No love for TN
Vols are going to do it

idiotghos

firemanhogfan

go tennessee.  as much as i don't like pearl, i must root for tenn just because i absolutely loathe the sight of calipari.  what a punk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  go hogs go!!!

reddogjcss

idiotghos

Quote from: reddogjcss on February 23, 2008, 09:40:12 pm
Memphis by 6

Are you allowed to make predictions when the game's almost a third of the way through?

gomer snerd

vol_in_ar

pretty good game, considering Lofton only has 2 points

Throwback1

HogSophist is a WHOLE LOT SMARTER ABOUT COLLEGE BASKETBALL THAN I AM! :(

HogSophist

Publius

Quote from: HogSophist on February 23, 2008, 11:00:59 am
I think tennessee. Conf usa just isn't enough tune up for this game. Tenn in a close one.
I'm going to Oaklawn in a couple of weeks...How are you at picking the ponies, Sophist?  Have you ever thought of selling tipsheets outside of "The Longshot Bar and Grill" across the street from the track?

Throwback1

My word better be worth something.  My bb knowledge obviously sucks.

HogSophist

Quote from: Publius on February 24, 2008, 11:46:54 am
I'm going to Oaklawn in a couple of weeks...How are you at picking the ponies, Sophist?  Have you ever thought of selling tipsheets outside of "The Longshot Bar and Grill" across the street from the track?

based on my pick i would say i might be better trying to start my own psychic network.

Publius

Quote from: HogSophist on February 24, 2008, 02:28:26 pm
based on my pick i would say i might be better trying to start my own psychic network.
Change your avatar to a picture of Miss Cleo.

HogSophist

Lol, I may do that, or john edwards, the guy who spoke to dead relatives. I've always wondered why people like miss cleo could never see the demise of their business coming.