Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC title game rotated

Started by preach33, February 20, 2008, 11:53:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog.goblin

Quote from: ScottFaldon on February 21, 2008, 12:37:28 pm
Georgia and Florida also have much larger fanbases to draw from than Arkansas.

It also helps that Gainesville to Atlanta is an easy drive.

I would hop in the car in a heartbeat to drive to Kansas City, Memphis, or Dallas.  But to go to EITHER at Atlanta or New Orleans I have to consider flying, a longer lodging stay, etc.  Logistically we are in the wrong conference...but don't worry, I want us to stay in the SEC for all the other obvious reasons.

As much as I hate it, Atlanta is probably where it stays for the long-term.  The Super Dome would be a nice every other year alternate - but I still wouldn't go.

guy8699

Here is a link to the story about the dome in Birmingham...its from 2000 so I dont know if its still a go or not.

http://www.jeffcointouch.com/jeffcointouch/news/newsrel_stadium.htm

Hogs-n-Roses

There needs to be a mandatory alternate site when Georgia plays in it and the ticket sales need some serious change also.

Sao Ming

Quote from: ICEman on February 21, 2008, 03:53:50 pm
Give Jerry's new digs a go!

You know, it could be a pretty good venue if you do it like this.

B12 Champ will likely play there on a rotation with Arrowhead.  Play a double header - SECCG and B12CG the same day.  One ticket gets both games.  Let the networks re-bid for the telecast. 

Talk about a good time and a huge fan weekend.

guy8699

The only negative to that is that Arkansas is the furthest west team in the SEC and that only puts the championship game farther away from everyone...not to mention that there is no SEC team from Texas so I doubt they would consider it an option.

pertymouth

Quote from: RazorLance™ on February 20, 2008, 11:56:18 pm
I agree. Maybe every year rotate between the Georgia Dome and The Superdome. Say next year go with the Georgia Dome and then the next the Superdome. That way it will give the guys in the west a "home" field advantage if we make it. We all know what kind of crowd shows up when the Dawgs play in SEC championship. Totally a home field for them. I like the idea.

I agree, that's a great idea!

razorbrock

Jerry Jones is building the "Football Freaking Palace of the World" in Dallas, and should definitely get a look when the Atlanta contract runs out in 2009... 

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?change_well_id=2&url_article_id=7155  (reference half-way down the page)

The eastern teams would whine, but Dallas is not any more inconvenient for them as Atlanta is for Arkansas and LSU.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill

preach33

Quote from: razorbrock on February 22, 2008, 10:07:53 am
Jerry Jones is building the "Football Freaking Palace of the World" in Dallas, and should definitely get a look when the Atlanta contract runs out in 2009... 

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?change_well_id=2&url_article_id=7155  (reference half-way down the page)

The eastern teams would whine, but Dallas is not any more inconvenient for them as Atlanta is for Arkansas and LSU.

Agreed, will not be in Dallas - got to rotate between NO and AT

Tusks

New Orleans will never get it.....when the hogs win their first SECC would that many fans travel back to NO less than a month later for the sugar bowl?

or if FL wins would their fans go back to NO less than a month later.....dont think so.

That's why they try to put a different team in the Peach Bowl than the loser of the SECCG.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit