Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NIT bound

Started by Arazorbackguy1, February 14, 2008, 04:17:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dropkick

If we go 9-7 or better in the conference we will be in (NCAA not NIT). The sky is not falling, I repeat, the sky is not falling!

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: purplehog44 on February 14, 2008, 04:45:10 pm

Until last night the Hogs have been playing pretty stout. Its not easy thing to roll into TN and come out ontop.

Yes, but if we are so good, then we should have kept it at least competitive
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

opineonswine

one game at a time....one game at a time.  Lots of basketball left.  Winning today would be gigantic.  I don't expect it...too tough to sweep a quality opponent when you have to return the game at their place.  But another loss today is not the end of the season by a long shot.

opineonswine

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on February 16, 2008, 10:54:14 am
Yes, but if we are so good, then we should have kept it at least competitive

While Tenny is better than us, they didn't need help from the officials.  I don't like to blame the officials and am not saying that's why we lost, but clearly the series of horrible calls that went against us in the sec. half, stole the momentum for Tenny and changed the degree of the win.  Had the refs not screwed the pooch, anything MIGHT have happened.  Certainly, the final score would have likely been closer.

SMOKE

We lost the game. But jajuan smith didnt miss a shot from 3 point land, i think he went 7-7...... refs were pretty shady and we simply had an off game. Some of you people just like to gripe for the sake of griping. We win 4 in a row and some of you talk about winning the National Championship, we chalk up a bad loss and were NIT bound. Get a grip people, support our team because we are on our way back BELIEVE IT!

Arazorbackguy1

Hmmm, so what was everyone saying?  The MSU game has come and gone... now we get a fired up LSU at home and then @ UK and Bama.  Should be an interesting ride for sure!  I am a hog fan through and through, but I can see through the rose colored glasses unlike others on this board.  These seniors stink, I can't wait for next year.

NWAREDBUG

We  make the big dance and win one as well

phadedhawg

We will make the Dance.

We lose two games that we knew would be "gifts" if we won (especially Tenn) and the fairweather fans are already yelling that the sky is falling.  It would be comical if not so predictable.

This team set themselves apart from previous Hog teams when we beat Florida and Miss State at home.  The reason those two games were "must wins" is bc we knew we would have a hard time winning the next two on the road.  And we did have a hard time and we lost. 

Oh well...suck it up and get over it.  We are exactly where we need to be right now (considering the team we have) to make it to the tourney.  It all comes down to whether we can win the games we are supposed to down the stretch.

S. Caroliana and Georgia losses from earlier still haunt us however.

That is all. :)

NuttinItUp

No NIT for us. NCAAs all the way, baby!

3kgthog

Quote from: yraciv on February 15, 2008, 12:00:07 am
It is humorous how quick fans can go from this team looks great and good enough to win some ncaa games to 1 or 2 NIT wins.  This happens after every loss, and I'm sure if we beat MS State, people will be singing the Hogs's praises again.  Maybe we just played a Top 5 team in the nation on a week night, on the road in the SEC.  Oh wait, we did.  Tennessee is good, we came out flat, and we're not very consistent.  That doesn't mean we're not an NCAA team now.

It's also humorous how quickly this team can go from looking like a top 15 team to looking like a team that belongs in the Sun Belt.

hognelson

I too believe we'll make it to the NCAA's.  One good thing to take is that our RPI has stayed relatively the same through these last two games.  Of course, we have got to win some games now and I believe we do.  Hey, without all of you doom and gloomers what would we have to argue about?  I think we come back and pound LSU and then go on the road and win a tough one at Kentucky.  Right now, we look to be right in the middle of an at-large bid, now we have to play like it...

kimjongsqUeAl

We'll make the tourney - we've got 3 games coming up that we'll have a good shot at winning.  That'll give us 20 wins.  And we need to win against Vandy or KY.  Plus our RPI rankings, that's a strong resume for the NCAA Selection Commitee.  I think we have a good chance.  It's only up to the Razorbacks if they go to the NCAA or the NIT.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

kimjongsqUeAl

February 18, 2008, 12:03:52 pm #62 Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 12:18:42 pm by kim_jong_sqUeAl
Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 18, 2008, 10:58:45 am
Who do you think we have a better shot against and do you think Kentucky was as bad or Vandy as good, as the blowout indicates?

Good shot against:

- LSU @ home
- @ AL
- AUB @ home

Considering how poorly we play on the road we can beat AL we have always played well there, plus they are not all that good so that helps.  LSU and AUB or horrible teams that we SHOULD beat by 10+ points.

Always handle KY with caution at Lexington.  We play horrible on the road anyway and have never been good at KY.  Vandy is a good team and it helps to have them at home.  Considering the Vandy/KY game: in my opinion, Vandy is a great team but that was a fluke.  KY is NOT that bad.  I think they were just taken by surprise or something, shellshocked- not really sure what that was.   (Didn't KY beat TN??)  My point is both teams are good and if that game was played over I am almost certain it would have a total different outcome for KY's benefit.

The Razorbacks could get a wild hair and win out if they wanted to.  I think they are more talented than the teams remaining.  They have shown that they can be very dangerous.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Wildcat0206

10 seed in the Midwest at Lunardi

7 seed in the Midwest at Bracketography.com

big difference there...

Ironhawg

I remember the good old days when we didn't worry about just making the tournament, we were wondering how high we would be seeded!  And I'm not talking trying to get an 8 or 9 seed either.  I wonder if we'll ever see those days again?

Arazorbackguy1

Told Ya So!   Ta Ta Seniors

canadianrazorback

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on February 14, 2008, 06:18:00 pm
So I guess the 4 games before that proved we are a lock to make the Elite Eight. This thread is just plain stupid. I would expect more from someone with a 1000 plus posts. No offense just calling a spade a spade.  Check our RPI.  29 at time of this post.

RPI doesn't win games, or championships for that matter. 

Breems

Will we even make it to the NIT? Only to lose in the first round.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

canadianrazorback

You know people come on.  It like football, you are not going to win if you don't have a qb, well bball is not going to do well until we get a good point guard in here.  Next year brings some promise, I guess we will see. 

phadedhawg

Quote from: canadianrazorback on February 27, 2008, 10:34:18 pm
You know people come on.  It like football, you are not going to win if you don't have a qb, well bball is not going to do well until we get a good point guard in here.  Next year brings some promise, I guess we will see. 

I don't see how one position would make the difference with our team.  We need to clean house and start over from the ground up.

As far as the NIT.  I think we should go this year.  It would be nice for coach to have some post season experience.

canadianrazorback

February 27, 2008, 10:36:29 pm #70 Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 10:39:45 pm by canadianrazorback
Quote from: phadedhawg on February 27, 2008, 10:35:44 pm
I don't see how one position would make the difference with our team.  We need to clean house and start over from the ground up.

As far as the NIT.  I think we should go this year.  It would be nice for coach to have some post season experience.

Are you serious?  Having a good point guard would make all the difference in the world.