Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ARKANSAS @ MSU...WHO WINS??

Started by 40MINSOFHELL, February 13, 2008, 10:28:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

40MINSOFHELL

EastMemphisHog

GrizzledHogFan

Really depends on which Arkansas team shows up, and if we get hosed by the refs again.  My best guess is that we win by 3.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: cshivley1 on February 13, 2008, 10:29:19 pm
well that was quick..lol

well its time to move on, just keep on feeling bad if i think about tonights game

Topcat

hogsanity

Quote from: gmb_79 on February 13, 2008, 10:31:27 pm
Really depends on which Arkansas team shows up, and if we get hosed by the refs again.  My best guess is that we win by 3.

Did we get hosed 26 pts worht, because that is how far behind we were at one point?

If the Hogs shoot like they did tonight, and last Sat against ole misses, we lose at MSU.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Publius

This team goes 2 and 5 or 3 and 4 the rest of the way...the get beat by double digits again in Starkville.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: hogsanity on February 13, 2008, 10:44:37 pm
Did we get hosed 26 pts worht, because that is how far behind we were at one point?

If the Hogs shoot like they did tonight, and last Sat against ole misses, we lose at MSU.

You've had exhibited serious reading comprehension issues on this board for as long as I can recall.  I'm guessing you missed the whole "Really depends on which Arkansas team shows up" part of the post...
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

The Hog

Did anyone hear the announcers say the selection committee will look hard at the last 12 games?  That means we better win several road games with the team that shows up. 
Automatic RUN!

Hoggy1

Quote from: The Hog on February 13, 2008, 11:00:11 pm
Did anyone hear the announcers say the selection committee will look hard at the last 12 games?  That means we better win several road games with the team that shows up. 

you actually listen to those Nut Jobs?
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Hollywood_HOGan45

I cannot take us on the road against a good team.

hogs lose second straight.

Some of the best teams we've ever ever had have gone down hard at Miss st.

And we cannot play on the road.

Hawg-U

elksnort

Quote from: gmb_79 on February 13, 2008, 10:54:51 pm
You've had exhibited serious reading comprehension issues on this board for as long as I can recall.  I'm guessing you missed the whole "Really depends on which Arkansas team shows up" part of the post...

How bad did we get hosed by the refs?

jsimpso3

we lose
i hate it, but we lose.
miss state gets off to a fast start, the crowd gets into it, we try to keep it close, and then fold.
we need to lose this senior class in a bad way

The Boar War

No we did not get hosed 26 points tonight.  No one is saying that.  You've made your point abundantly clear on every post in this forum.

Hogwildandwired

I hope we win but its on the road so who knows. Tonights game bout made me sick
ALL RED IS RAZORBACK RED

elksnort

Mississippi State 60 % Arkansas 40%

DaveV

Hogs by 8, a few free throws at the end to bump it up.

You guys forget we have a coach now, what this team did 2 years ago with Standard Heath on the road means nothing. Look at Tenn, nearly lost at LSU and shot awful, we will bounce back in a big way. MSU will be the victim of some recent shooting frustration bein takin out.

Pel will have this team prepared like noneother, he knows how we play on the road, and he knows how key this game is in the SEC-W race and the NCAAT race, especially with it being on ESPN and many many watching. We'll prove we belong in on Saturday guys. Watch. We have a coach now.

Go Hogs! 83-75.

cthog99

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 12, 2008, 04:19:30 pm

We Will Win Wednesday Night, Mark It Down;

so, do you predict the hogs to go undefeated every year?

Oliver

cardinalhawg

Pelphrey needs that really good first signature win and Saturday would be such a win.  However, Mississippi State has been one of the toughest places to play for the Hogs.  Even when they were down a couple of years ago, they still eeked out a win against us there and then blew us out there last year.  It has been a while since the Hogs have won at Starkville, Lexington, or Gainesville, and of course, we have to go to Starkville and Lexington this season.

The first game against them we were fortunate to get their shot blocker in trouble, and that could very well be the key to the game Saturday.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: cthog99 on February 14, 2008, 12:23:05 am
Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 12, 2008, 04:19:30 pm

We Will Win Wednesday Night, Mark It Down;

so, do you predict the hogs to go undefeated every year?

no i had us losing 4  games but i see that i am wrong so lol

cashmoneyman_04

Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

Hog Pharm

cashmoneyman_04

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 14, 2008, 12:52:23 am
no i had us losing 4  games but i see that i am wrong so lol
wow 4 games....someone needs to come back to reality

Hog Pharm

Hey Cashmoney why do you have a pic of my girlfriend?

cashmoneyman_04

Quote from: ljean on February 14, 2008, 01:06:05 am
Hey Cashmoney why do you have a pic of my girlfriend?
haha....yea right....u need to come back to reality too

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: cashmoneyman_04 on February 14, 2008, 01:05:09 am
wow 4 games....someone needs to come back to reality

WTH dude, its a preseason prediction, i bet u had arkansas losing every game huh or r u one of the fairweater fans?

booogaga

GO HOGS!

cashmoneyman_04

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 14, 2008, 01:08:11 am
WTH dude, its a preseason prediction, i bet u had arkansas losing every game huh or r u one of the fairweater fans?
no i just am not stupid.....what have you seen from this group that says we would only lose 4 games.....i am not a fairweather fan....i love the hogs no matter what....i loved them through the losing seasons and all......i thought we would lose 9 games

40MINSOFHELL

ok im done arguing, it seems everyone is against what i say and im getting smited double this evening LOL

Derjen

After tonight, I'd say the hog will win in starkville.

RedSatinHog

I get the feeling that MSU has been waiting for this date on their calendar to finally arrive.  It could get every bit as ugly for us as it did for them at BWA.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

The Hog

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on February 13, 2008, 11:23:54 pm
you actually listen to those Nut Jobs?
If it had not been Larry Connelly I would not put much stock in it but he does know a little basketball.
Automatic RUN!

Hollywood_HOGan45

houston nutt sucks

eathill5

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

preach33

I'm going to stay faithful to my HOGS - PIGS by 4

Pigonometry

I have a bad feeling just because Miss. St. has had a week to prepare and will want revenge for the 20-point whoopin' we gave them on the hill........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

football-writer

I say the Hogs by 12....I think Wednesday wass a wake-up call for the Hogs...They will go in with a 22-point chip on their shoulder and neuter the puppies
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

MDH

Making a prediction about this team is kind of predicting whether  Schrodinger's Cat is alive or dead.  They are both great and awful until the point of observation. 

That said, I think it will be a great night for the Hogs in Starkville and we win one at the wire with Gary Ervin draining a couple of free throws.

State can't prepare for this team- you just don't know who is going to show up.  They are freakin' unpredictable.  For all we know Hill might suddenly show up as a 3 pt threat (ok so maybe not Hill, but you get my point).
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Boss Hogg

Should be close.  MSU's got the revenge thing going for them.  MSU by 3.

Ironhawg

Quote from: football-writer on February 14, 2008, 04:53:05 pm
I say the Hogs by 12....I think Wednesday wass a wake-up call for the Hogs...They will go in with a 22-point chip on their shoulder and neuter the puppies

Weren't the Georgia and South Carolina games wake-up calls for these guys?  How many wake-up calls do they need?  I would love to see them win at Misstake, but I just don't see it happening.

football-writer

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 14, 2008, 08:33:32 pm
Weren't the Georgia and South Carolina games wake-up calls for these guys?  How many wake-up calls do they need?  I would love to see them win at Misstake, but I just don't see it happening.

See what happened after they lost to Ga and South Ca...they won their next two by a combined 39 points.  Some times a team needs to hit the snooze button more than once.
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

SPAL

MSU by double digits. We keep it within 6 till a couple of minutes to go.

Wingo Hog

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 14, 2008, 01:08:11 am
How old are you? Just curious...

reddogjcss

Pel has gotten them back on the right track after every lose this year; I think he will do the same this time.

Dugann

still think hogs will take them..then in drivers seat in west imo. :razorback:
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

wwwhogfan

hard fought game.  going with hogs by 5 in one that comes down to the wire.

rljjr

In honor of wwwhogfans avatar I'll say Hogs 78 MSU 73. I think that's an 8 ... maybe. Could be a 6. Either way, whatever number it is on the shirt will be the last digit of our score. Take it to the bank. Cash it. Spend it. Buy non-refundable airline tickets to Belize for you and your significant other.

claycohog

How can anyone in their right mind pick us over MSU in Starkville.  No one goes in there and comes out victorious.  I don't know if I would pick us to beat them on a neutral floor.  The teams are actually fairly equal.

Sometimes I think Jump Ball Forum needs to be renamed to Kings of Wishful Thinking Forum.  These are the same players that have struggled on the road for several years now.  Pelphrey does a good job preparing these guys for the most part, but as the ole saying goes "you can't win the Kentucky Derby with a jackass."