Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Tenn. Crowd is Pathetic

Started by 40MINSOFHELL, February 13, 2008, 10:22:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

40MINSOFHELL

The arena is nice and all but the tenn. fans that bragged about how loud it was going to be was lame....the crowd didnt even beat us, i didnt even know they was there only when they were booing

Newcoachplease

And you notice the only time they did get loud was when the played "real" music over the speakers. Please take note BWA, real music gets the crowd hyped up! Less commercials more music!

3kgthog

No place in Knoxville is intimidating to play. Neyland Stadium is just a big stadium that simply wanted to keep up with Michigan in the capacity race. It's not a scary place to play. Same goes for Thompson-Boling or whatever their arena is called. Lots of seats. Little passion.

mathhog

Thompson boling fans are complete IDIOTS.

a razorback steal = a missed foul

a tennessee foul = a missed tennessee steal

you NEVER hear "yeah, we screwed up there."  its always the grand conspiracy out to get precious vols.... UGH

The Realist

The student section was pretty weak tonight too.  Tennessee crowd never got up because they were up the whole game.  One time they did get up JaJuan Smith hit a 3.  The rest of the time it was the refs calling a foul every 2 seconds.
But in that regard yes they are idiots.  Any foul against Tennessee or a steal or rebound for us was automaticalls booing.  So stupid.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

40MINSOFHELL

and they're excuse was they was bored because we never really got close...just what they told me on their board

The Realist

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 13, 2008, 10:29:53 pm
and they're excuse was they was bored because we never really got close...just what they told me on their board
I was in the arena.  If we would have ever gotten close without it being just fouls and free throws on both end, I think they would have been alot louder.  Was not a very fluid game at all. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

40MINSOFHELL

yes just make excuses for them, i hate tenn. now, arent u the guy that goes to ut and ur a hog fan? WTH dude

EastMemphisHog

Hey now.. remember that Tennessee has the "Second-most basketball tradition in the SEC"(behind Kentucky).  :puke:

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: cshivley1 on February 13, 2008, 10:46:37 pm
Hey now.. remember that Tennessee has the "Second-most basketball tradition in the SEC"(behind Kentucky).  :puke:

LOL yeah right and they claim to have the best crowd now, what a [CENSORED] joke...i could be drunk and see they are not what they claim to be

The Hog

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 13, 2008, 10:22:04 pm
The arena is nice and all but the tenn. fans that bragged about how loud it was going to be was lame....the crowd didnt even beat us, i didnt even know they was there only when they were booing
Why get excited when it was over 5 minutes after half.  It really is getting bad when all we have to complain about is the crowd or arena or stadium or grass or doorknobs, or socks.  Absolutely hilarious.  Too many living it the past instead of the present.
Automatic RUN!

The Realist

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 13, 2008, 10:44:18 pm
yes just make excuses for them, i hate tenn. now, arent u the guy that goes to ut and ur a hog fan? WTH dude
Not making excuses.  But I have seen the place alot louder than that.  Wasn't exactly an exciting game to watch on either side. 
And yes I go to UT but I am a hog fan.  Went to Arkansas last year but transferred.  Was born and raised a hog fan, that doesn't change simply because of the school I go to. 
Childs, Gregory.

40MINSOFHELL

yes well tennessee leads the series now 13-11...grrrrr

hogsailor

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 13, 2008, 10:49:00 pm
LOL yeah right and they claim to have the best crowd now, what a [CENSORED] joke...i could be drunk and see they are not what they claim to be

They just showed us how to play BB.

And if I'm not mistaken, their facilities look a lot better than BWA.

I wasn't at the the game but, just guessing, you're pissed about the loss.

It's ok. I've had a lot to drink tonight too...

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

westtnVOL

Quote from: cshivley1 on February 13, 2008, 10:46:37 pm

I dont know who said that, but thats not even right, Tennessee is way down the list on that, just because we have had a good team the past 3 years doesnt make up for the 60 previous years we were terrible. I enjoy TN basketball just as much as anybody but we do not have tradition. It takes along time to get that. We are far behind KY, ARK, UF.

Beaverfever

Yeah they were pretty lame.  Never really got into the game.

jsimpso3

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 13, 2008, 10:49:00 pm

you mean you watched that game sober?
i tried that, but for some reason after half time they started going down like water and the crowd was no longer a factor

arkjay19

Quote from: Newcoachplease on February 13, 2008, 10:23:18 pm
And you notice the only time they did get loud was when the played "real" music over the speakers. Please take note BWA, real music gets the crowd hyped up! Less commercials more music!

nah, they got loud ANY time a call did not go their way because it's just so obvious that they were being cheated when that happened.   :puke:

AZRazorback

My question is if you are that big of a Hog fan how could you go to a college like Tennessee??  That is the last school in the SEC I would think about transfering to!  Wow, what a campus....

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: hogsailor on February 13, 2008, 10:58:53 pm
They just showed us how to play BB.

And if I'm not mistaken, their facilities look a lot better than BWA.

I wasn't at the the game but, just guessing, you're pissed about the loss.

It's ok. I've had a lot to drink tonight too...

I was there, facilities were nice, but not in any way alot better, it was very nice though.  Crowd was LAME no matter how early it was over, They weren't loud early when it was close.

I'm very sore about the loss.  I live in Nashville, talked too much trash at work.

The Realist

Quote from: AZRazorback on February 14, 2008, 11:23:16 am
My question is if you are that big of a Hog fan how could you go to a college like Tennessee??  That is the last school in the SEC I would think about transfering to!  Wow, what a campus....
I grew up in Nashville.  Never really liked UT growing up and was set on going to Arkansas.  Went to Arkansas and decided it wasn't for me.  When I started looking around. UT was the logical choice with a bigger city, not too far away, around the same academics, and the lottery scholarship covered all of my tuition.  I was born into being a die hard razorback fan, that can't change.
And what are you trying to reference with the campus?  I enjoy the campus here.  Not too crammed and they are upgrading most buildings.  Really different from Arkansas I know but more of a city feel to it.
Childs, Gregory.

BCShogs

Quote from: The Realist on February 13, 2008, 10:42:40 pm
I was in the arena.  If we would have ever gotten close without it being just fouls and free throws on both end, I think they would have been alot louder.  Was not a very fluid game at all. 

It was close in the first half and all they did was boo. They suck.

BCShogs

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 13, 2008, 10:24:41 pm
No place in Knoxville is intimidating to play. Neyland Stadium is just a big stadium that simply wanted to keep up with Michigan in the capacity race. It's not a scary place to play. Same goes for Thompson-Boling or whatever their arena is called. Lots of seats. Little passion.

I went to Neyland this year for the first time and it made me realize how nice Reynolds Razorback stadium is. Neyland may be big, but it isn't even close to being as nice as Razorback Stadium. The fans are not that loud for 107,000, either.

taintlint

Tennessee fans are the only fans in the SEC that will consistently be as lame, elderly, and lackadaisical as Arkansas fans.

Tennessee has a football stadium that holds almost 110 thousand and a basketball arena that holds over 25 thousand. Much like Arkansas, even when both places are packed the atmosphere is generally speaking pretty lame.

ALLVOL

Quote from: mathhog on February 13, 2008, 10:25:57 pm
Thompson boling fans are complete IDIOTS.

a razorback steal = a missed foul

a tennessee foul = a missed tennessee steal

you NEVER hear "yeah, we screwed up there."  its always the grand conspiracy out to get precious vols.... UGH
You mean they sound like home team fans?

ALLVOL

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 13, 2008, 10:22:04 pm
I have to say that I was very surprised at how quiet the crowd was. I could not figure out why other than with all the fouls breaking up the mo but even that is no excuse. I am still surprised. When UF, Vandy, KY comes in the place is crazy loud.

ALLVOL

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 13, 2008, 10:24:41 pm

Uhhhhh Ok. Tell that to all the coaches and players who say otherwise. TBA was quiet last night and I have no reason why. It surprised me as much as anyone.

taintlint

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 14, 2008, 01:59:27 pm
Uhhhhh Ok. Tell that to all the coaches and players who say otherwise. TBA was quiet last night and I have no reason why. It surprised me as much as anyone.

ALLVOL, there are plenty of intimidating places to play and Tennessee is not one of them. Not in Basketball. Not in Football. Tennessee suffers from the same lame atmosphere that Arkansas does.

Tennessee and Arkansas can claim to be many things but "crazy", "loud", and "intimidating" are not among them.

Sorry.

ALLVOL

Quote from: taintlint on February 14, 2008, 02:05:15 pm
ALLVOL, there are plenty of intimidating places to play and Tennessee is not one of them. Not in Basketball. Not in Football. Tennessee suffers from the same lame atmosphere that Arkansas does.

Tennessee and Arkansas can claim to be many things but "crazy", "loud", and "intimidating" are not among them.

Sorry.

That's why Neyland has been voted many times as one of the best atmospheres in the nation for NCAA football? That's why when teams are getting ready to play at Neyland they practice silent counts. That's why when a team gets a win there the frirst thing coaches say is how tough it was to win there. ok.... Now basketball? Different story.

BCShogs

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 14, 2008, 02:09:15 pm
That's why Neyland has been voted many times as one of the best atmospheres in the nation for NCAA football? That's why when teams are getting ready to play at Neyland they practice silent counts. That's why when a team gets a win there the frirst thing coaches say is how tough it was to win there. ok.... Now basketball? Different story.

Neyland isn't intimidating......period.

taintlint

ALLVOL, Tennessee is not the best atmosphere in the nation. Not in the SEC either. Hell, not even in your own division.

Most teams practice snap counts and noise interference when traveling so I'm not sure that holds much water either.

Look, be proud of what you have. Tennessee is rich in tradition so there is no need to make things up for some icing on the cake. I have personally made numerous trips to Knoxville, every stadium and arena in the SEC, and several Big 12 schools too. Tennessee is not the worst but the very last thing it would be considered is "intimidating". It's normally a ho-hum atmosphere that is borderline mind numbing.

Arkansas suffers just the same. I'm not being bias.

Hogginitall

Who voted on this?  Probably the media.  Kind of like how Tebow won all of the media awards for the SEC, but McFadden won the awards voted on by the coaches.  Also, care to link a couple of interviews with coaches after a win at Neyland where the first thing they said was how tough it was because of the atmosphere in the stadium?  And I'm pretty sure there about 50 other stadiums around the country that teams would practice silent counts for.  Neyland isn't special in that regard.

Like others have said, it is just big, not intimidating.

The Realist

Has anyone noticed that people who have been to multiple games this year at TBA have said that it is a great atmosphere.  But the ones who have only been maybe to the game last night, or watched it, or have never been are the ones who are saying it is not intimidating at all. 
Just some perspective for you there.
I'm a hog fan.  But in the Florida game for Tennessee I have never heard an arena louder and I can say that without diminishing anything about Arkansas like some are taking it.  Thats the problem some Arkansas fans have.  Some think that no matter what, no matter whats in front of them, there is nothing good about other programs.  Almost like your not allowed to give others credit.  Nothing can change from the way they remember it.  And Its sad because that can give fans as a whole a bad reputation. 
Just try looking at it from an objective point of view, thats all I'm saying.  Everyone who has been multiple times has said great atmosphere, people who haven't been say it sucks.  Who is the more credible source? 

Also, to the people who say Neyland isn't intimidating.  Name 10 more places more intimidating than a Night game at Neyland.  Your not going to have 107,000 people in a stadium and it not be intimidating.  Thats just ignorant to say that. 
Childs, Gregory.

reddogjcss

Hope they where not just showing good manors toward a team getting there buttttttts kicked.

40MINSOFHELL

well if this was arkansas kicking tenn. butt in fayetteville, fans in bud walton arena would be going crazy, a mad house, tenn. fans have alot to learn, it was so quiet on tv

reddogjcss

Your right; we would have been going crazy!!!

The Realist

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 14, 2008, 10:37:20 pm
well if this was arkansas kicking tenn. butt in fayetteville, fans in bud walton arena would be going crazy, a mad house, tenn. fans have alot to learn, it was so quiet on tv
But Tennessee fans don't feel nearly as strongly towards Arkansas as we do towards Tennessee.  That does make a difference.  It was pretty similar to 2nd half of Miss state game for Ark.  With fouls interrupting everything, not a very smooth game.
Childs, Gregory.

Doggtown31LCC

with 20,000 + the roof should have come off with that big of a win over the #2 team in the SEC. what's up with that?
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

cthog99

a crowd really can't get into the game when there is around 50 fouls in the game

ALLVOL

This is funny. Ive heard coach after coach talk about how tough (arkansas coaches as well) playing in Neyland is. But if some of you fans who know more than coaches who have to play there say it isn't then by golly it must not be. My bad.

40MINSOFHELL

im still wondering why a vol fan is typing in a razorback forum hmm

mathhog

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 15, 2008, 04:17:48 pm
This is funny. Ive heard coach after coach talk about how tough (arkansas coaches as well) playing in Neyland is. But if some of you fans who know more than coaches who have to play there say it isn't then by golly it must not be. My bad.

LOL!

fast forward to 2:10.... neyland must be pretty intimidating for the dores, eh???

[youtube=425,350]TdrCTLOLrY8[/youtube]

The Realist

Quote from: mathhog on February 15, 2008, 06:25:19 pm
LOL!

fast forward to 2:10.... neyland must be pretty intimidating for the dores, eh???

[youtube=425,350]TdrCTLOLrY8[/youtube]
That was their first win in 22 years in Knoxville and your using it as an example?  Not quite the best logic there.
Childs, Gregory.

The Hog

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 15, 2008, 06:04:45 pm
im still wondering why a vol fan is typing in a razorback forum hmm
I saw where before the Tennessee game you were weighting in on the Tennessee board.  Kinda like calling the kettle black.  Have you been back since our loss?
Automatic RUN!