Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEVERAL VOLS HAVE THE FLU

Started by HogHillbilly, February 12, 2008, 01:46:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Realist

If anyone saw the LSU game...you know that JaJuan Smith was not just a little under the weather.  While his teammates were celebrating at the end, he was about to throw up on the bench.  I believe there is def something to this.  I imagine he is better but maybe not his teammates.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

lyon98

I know a half a dozen on people that have had or have the flu and all took flu shots this year.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Coach Obvious

reddogjcss

I got it; and hope it does not make it to the HILL.

CincyVol

Jajuan did look very bad Saturday. Although he won the game his play up until then was horrible. He would catch the ball and just get it knocked right out of his hands and stolen. The only other two reportedly that had the flu were Jordan Howell and Ryan Childress (had it the week before and didn't get in LSU Game. I don't even think he made the trip.)

booogaga

Quote from: HogHillbilly on February 12, 2008, 02:08:12 pm

On their defense...........The Flu Strain out right now IS NOT covered by the current Flu Shot

It is developing faster than our shots are..............
soon we will all turn into flesh eating zombies that will ravage the earth.
GO HOGS!

Wild Bill Hog

February 12, 2008, 09:33:55 pm #56 Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:35:31 pm by Wild Bill Hog
With TN it's the flu.    ;)     In the old days DKR used to have TX players who were in the hospital, but somehow were able to crawl to the game and miraculously not show any signs of their near-crippling injuries once they got on the field.

threeNout

I've had this flu going around here, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I hadn't caught a flu in 20 years, but I'll tell you, it's no ordinary flu.

If they have what I had, they won't be playing, it's not the kind of flu you get up and do ANYTHING with, at least during the 2 worst days of it.

DMacIsASaint

RPI doesn't care if you have people sick, so neither do i..the win can be tainted all it wants

Adam Stokes

Quote from: hogfeezy on February 12, 2008, 01:50:46 pm
I agree with you. I don't want there to be any way they can explain it when we come into Knoxville and escape with the W.

Whatever works for the win, I could care less.

OrangeNinja

Quote from: threeNout on February 12, 2008, 09:53:44 pm
I've had this flu going around here, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I hadn't caught a flu in 20 years, but I'll tell you, it's no ordinary flu.

If they have what I had, they won't be playing, it's not the kind of flu you get up and do ANYTHING with, at least during the 2 worst days of it.

This is correct.  I got the flu on Saturday, and I am still recovering.  My stomach still hurts, but most of all, I don't have all my strength back yet.  I am in pretty good shape, but even a little activity makes me feel drained.  It's taking a long time to get back to my normal energy levels.  I'm surprised and impressed that JaJuan could play as little as he did on Saturday.

Thankfully, the word is that other than Josh Tabb (possibly flu) and Ryan Childress (pink eye), both of which who have seen little playing time lately, everyone seems to be in good health now.  I hope it stays that way by tonight.  This game scares me enough as it is.

hogninja

Quote from: HogNuttz on February 12, 2008, 02:02:25 pm
Why do these people not take the flu shot?  Every year I've gotten the flu shot, any sickness I get wouldn't be enough to keep me out of a game, or even effect my performance that much.  We know athletes aren't afraid of needles.

apparently, the flu shot missed the mark this year.  Wrong strain targeted.   Oh well, they are good for 7-10.  My daugher has it at UCA.
Have Pel give the guys the sanitizer pens she found.  They look like a pen, but have the spray to sanitize hands and doorknobs. :puke: :-X :razorback:

NuttinItUp

Why do these people not take the flu shot?  Every year I've gotten the flu shot, any sickness I get wouldn't be enough to keep me out of a game, or even effect my performance that much.  We know athletes aren't afraid of needles.

Flu shots are of the debil!!!!

Baconator

wwwhogfan

There are no asteriks by W's.  I will take a W any way it comes.

Lard

The only time I have ever had the flu was the one year that i actually got a flu shot.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

DSmithNPS

It is a medical FACT...you CAN NOT get the flu from the shot. The virus within the flu serum is DEAD...your body then makes antibodies to protect you against the type of virus within the serum.

It also takes approx. 2-3 weeks for your body to develop those antibodies and the flu shot is only good for approx. 4 months. That is why many Doctors suggest those at the msot risk get a booster flu shot after 4 months...just an FYI.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: DSmithNPS on February 13, 2008, 01:28:04 pm
It is a medical FACT...you CAN NOT get the flu from the shot. The virus within the flu serum is DEAD...your body then makes antibodies to protect you against the type of virus within the serum.

It also takes approx. 2-3 weeks for your body to develop those antibodies and the flu shot is only good for approx. 4 months. That is why many Doctors suggest those at the msot risk get a booster flu shot after 4 months...just an FYI.

Unless you get the Nasal Mist.................That IS a live virus...............They give it to us in the Military.............There are more precautions to take if you get that
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

WholeHogSmoker

I also heard Chris Lofton has crabs. 

hog golf

i too, felt weak saturday night.  went to the doctor and got a shot in the butt tuesday. much better but still in terrible shape. i'm sure they are getting around the clock treatment and good care, but if they have what i've had, our chances for a win go up.
we've got to hold the turnovers down and stand up to the pressure. but i really don't like our chances. not with these players.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize