Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Major numbers problems for Bama

Started by Tammany Tom, February 11, 2008, 12:52:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

uams1989

Quote from: bjackson on February 14, 2008, 09:13:47 am
if saban does this, then we need to make sure this gets national headlines and lets see what kind of recruiting season he has next year. this is exactly why he wants to keep it quiet. we can help our own recruiting next year if and when he does this that we make darn sure it gets exposed. someone might go over to alabama's board and suggest this ideal so if some kid gets cut their parents will have the ideal of making it public knowledge. oh how i hope saban does this. i already thinks he cheats in recruiting anyway, how can you land the kind of class he did coming off a 7-5 season and do not tell me because he's a great recruiter or he works at it so hard.

Well, if you ask the high school coaches in Alabama, they say the difference was Saban and his staff's relentlessness.  There have been a lot of interviews by the media of this classes high school coaches and that is what everyone says. 

He also has two of the last three national recruiters of the year according to Rivals on his staff.  Kevin Steele was named Recruiter of the year at FSU two years ago and Bama's Lance Thompson was named the same this year.

One example of the relentlessness was that Steele was in the home of a Bama commitment on the night before signing day.  That recruit was Barrett Jones of Memphis who committed early and has grown up a huge Bama fan because his dad played basketball for the Tide.  This kid said that his family even had to tell the Bama coaches to quit worrying about him and go continue recruiting the kids that were not firm, but, Steele spent a couple of hours with this lifelong Bama fan the night before signing.

Contrary to all the rumors and paranoia about Bama and Saban's recruiting, he has produced these kinds of classes every where he has been and  without any NCAA sanctions.
"They got a name for the winners in the world...
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide..."

reddogjcss

If you get a academic scholarship & can't make the grades you lose it; why not football players??????? sounds like there might be some good players with somthing to prove up for grabs. hope we have a few extra scholarships to offer!!!!

szechuanpork

Quote from: reddogjcss on February 15, 2008, 11:18:44 pm
If you get a academic scholarship & can't make the grades you lose it; why not football players??????? sounds like there might be some good players with somthing to prove up for grabs. hope we have a few extra scholarships to offer!!!!
Wow, good point. Barring injuries of course.