Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The new DMAC, Michael Dyer

Started by tigerLSU, February 10, 2008, 11:41:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerLSU

Hawgvillain

Is he the next McFadden? Prob. too early for that.

Is he the real deal?Yes...he will be one of only a handful of 5* prospects to come from the state of AR.  And, by most counts, LSU is still his current favorite (that article is old).

razorback11

Michael Dyer is a beast. The kid can play football. He doesn't avoid contact and he can out run you in the same sense. The kid is a great athlete.

Hawgballz

Quote from: tigerLSU on February 10, 2008, 11:41:39 pm
I've heard so many thing about that guy

Is he the real deal?
http://louisianastate.scout.com/a.z?s=107&p=2&c=691914

No, he is not very good.  He should tell Less Miles to not to bother recruiting him.   ;)
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Amityvillehogger

There will never be another DMAC.  Let's clear that up.

But, he has the tools to be a very good running back.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

NWAREDBUG

Those comments are coming from LR coaches who have seen both play and most are saying he is better than DMAC was at this point. It is way to early to put him in the overall DMAC accomplishment.

old hog

February 11, 2008, 05:30:36 am #6 Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 05:39:41 am by old hog
Quote from: Hawgvillain on February 10, 2008, 11:45:39 pm
Is he the next McFadden? Prob. too early for that.

Is he the real deal?Yes...he will be one of only a handful of 5* prospects to come from the state of AR.  And, by most counts, LSU is still his current favorite (that article is old).

Served jury duty with one of his teachers. He told me Michael is a very special young man, very polite, smart, with good parents, who did not like or trust Nuttless. Let us see what BP can do with him.

FBPLAYER65

gibby

DMAC is what, 6'1 or 6'2?  Dyer is something like 5'9.  He's a hoss - very well developed - but he doesn't have the size DMAC has.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on February 11, 2008, 12:26:07 am
Those comments are coming from LR coaches who have seen both play and most are saying he is better than DMAC was at this point. It is way to early to put him in the overall DMAC accomplishment.

I don't care what the LR coaches say.  DMAC is the #2 rusher in SEC history.  Dyer is going to be a Jr. in highschool. 
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

bkjacks

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 11, 2008, 08:42:37 am
LSU won the National Championship on the recruiting skills of Saban.  You can compare the recruiting class the last two years and Saban's are much better.  Miles is a mediocre coach at best....

Hey! Hey! I feel the same way.

pfrg999

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on February 11, 2008, 12:19:52 am
There will never be another DMAC.  Let's clear that up.

But, he has the tools to be a very good running back.

exactly +1
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Ramble on Barbershop

LSU won the National Championship on the recruiting skills of Saban.  You can compare the recruiting class the last two years and Saban's are much better.  Miles is a mediocre coach at best....

i agree.
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

RazorWeevil

Dyer is most definetly the real deal.  Plus, he has 2yrs. of high school left.  He'll be even more of a beast when he moves up to the college level. 

Let's hope he stays home & becomes a Hog! 
Insanity is hereditary.  I got mine from my kids.

Tomhog™

I won't call Dyer the next DMAC.  But he has the potential to be All-SEC maybe even All-American.  To me, he's a must get since we don't get 5* players to Arkansas very often.  And if he keeps performing like he has, that will be his likely rating.

presidentMPJ

I have to see what he can do in a hog uniform before I even mention him in the same breath as darren.  Yall can keep lookin for "the next DMAC" but we probably won't ever truly have another DMAC. Just speakin the truth.

Seebs

I'd be happy with the Next James Rouse - Dmacs come once in a lifetime.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Why would anybody want somebody as good as Darren was? We should want somebody better. Is there anybody better out there? Yes, somewhere. Will we get that player? Our chances are as good as any.
     Relax, my friends.
     Remember the Tiger Woods commercial where he says at the end, "Don't want to be me, be better than me".
     If we strive to be only as good as we were, we will not ever be as good as we can be.
       Wooooooo Pig Soooooie!!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

jpenrod1

He wont be the next D-Mac, but he could be the First Michael Dyer. this kid is big, fast, quick, and has a good feel for the game. You can look at his highlights and stats and you will probably be impressed. then when you find out he was only a soph. you will be really impressed.

cityhog

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 11, 2008, 10:08:14 am
I won't call Dyer the next DMAC.  But he has the potential to be All-SEC maybe even All-American.  To me, he's a must get since we don't get 5* players to Arkansas very often.  And if he keeps performing like he has, that will be his likely rating.

You can bet if he signs w/ Arkansas he'll be a 4* at BEST, possibly downgraded to a 3*.

farhan

he's a huge Lsu fan, and he will be a 5star... Meaning he can go whereever he wants.  Meaning he probably go to the school that has won 2nat titles BUT he's still a sophmore right so that 2 years we have to convince him.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Quote from: jpenrod1 on February 11, 2008, 11:20:24 am
He wont be the next D-Mac, but he could be the First Michael Dyer. this kid is big, fast, quick, and has a good feel for the game. You can look at his highlights and stats and you will probably be impressed. then when you find out he was only a soph. you will be really impressed.
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Well said! +1 to you! Why does everybody want somebody to be somebody that has already been? We should want better, I know I do, and the rest of us probably do to.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

arkjay19

Petrino was able to get Adams away from USC in only two months.  He's got two whole years to recruit Dyer.  I think we have a serious shot.

farhan

Adams wasn't a die hard LSU fan though

FBPLAYER65

arkbengal

Really ? You need to go back and check the rankings of the classes then. Miles classes are just as good, if not better than Nick's. In fact, his first class was ranked around 15th with only 15-17 guys signed. And he had less time to do it than BP this year, since Saban waited until the bowl game to leave for Miami. In fact, he redshirted 17 4-Star players last year. Yes, 17. That class had the highest # of 4 & 5 star players of anyone, including Florida and USC. But no, he can't recruit.

As far as winning with Saban's players, sure, a lot of them were. But why not make that argument for other coaches, i.e.:

Stoops won his NC with Blake's players (2nd year, hasn't won a BCS game since)
Meyer won his NC with Zook's players (2nd year, lost his bowl this year)
Tressel won his NC with former coaches player's (2nd year, hasn't won a BCS bowl since)
Coker won his NC with Davis' players (1st year, enough said)

Only guys I can think of offhand that have won with "their" players are Mack Brown and Petey.

Why isn't anyone pointing these facts out instead of singling out Miles? Ask Bruce James what he thinks of Miles if you want an intelligent opinion.

As far as Dyer, yeah we would love to get him at LSU, but I think with 2 years left he's anything but a lock for anyone right now.

CusefaninAR

Gee, doesn't somebody actually have to COACH the players Saban recruited?  I guess they just coach themselves.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: arkbengal on February 11, 2008, 01:21:43 pm
Really ? You need to go back and check the rankings of the classes then. Miles classes are just as good, if not better than Nick's. In fact, his first class was ranked around 15th with only 15-17 guys signed. And he had less time to do it than BP this year, since Saban waited until the bowl game to leave for Miami. In fact, he redshirted 17 4-Star players last year. Yes, 17. That class had the highest # of 4 & 5 star players of anyone, including Florida and USC. But no, he can't recruit.

As far as winning with Saban's players, sure, a lot of them were. But why not make that argument for other coaches, i.e.:

Tressel won his NC with former coaches player's (2nd year, hasn't won a BCS bowl since)

Only guys I can think of offhand that have won with "their" players are Mack Brown and Petey.

Why isn't anyone pointing these facts out instead of singling out Miles? Ask Bruce James what he thinks of Miles if you want an intelligent opinion.

As far as Dyer, yeah we would love to get him at LSU, but I think with 2 years left he's anything but a lock for anyone right now.

Great points!  +1

idiotghos

Bowden and Fulmer are both still around, and, of course, Saban himself.  Give Miles credit - he had the most talented team in the nation, and he got some good assistants and let them do their jobs.  Although he's landed a load of great recruits, I'm skeptical that he's as good an evaluator of talent as Saban, who I'd take over any coach in the country as far as finding players that fit the system.  Of course, I could very well be wrong, but we'll just have to wait another year or two to find out.

Demaghog

Does anyone know why this kid has a fascination with LSU?  I've heard he sometimes wears LSU garb. 

Is there a family connection or is it just an infatuation? 

We need to get DMac to call him and set him straight!

Amityvillehogger

February 11, 2008, 02:13:12 pm #31 Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 02:16:08 pm by Amityvillehogger
Quote from: Demaghog on February 11, 2008, 01:49:50 pm
Does anyone know why this kid has a fascination with LSU?  I've heard he sometimes wears LSU garb. 

Is there a family connection or is it just an infatuation? 

We need to get DMac to call him and set him straight!

Probably because, since he's been alive, he's watched a coach named Dork drive our program into a large hole.  LSU is nearby with 2 National Championships in the last few years..
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

arkbengal

Quote from: CusefaninAR on February 11, 2008, 01:27:31 pm
Gee, doesn't somebody actually have to COACH the players Saban recruited?  I guess they just coach themselves.

Thank you for that observation. I mean, everyone knew that Tressel's staff was going to outcoach Miles & Co. this year, right ?

arkbengal

Quote from: idiotghos on February 11, 2008, 01:29:14 pm
Bowden and Fulmer are both still around, and, of course, Saban himself.  Give Miles credit - he had the most talented team in the nation, and he got some good assistants and let them do their jobs.  Although he's landed a load of great recruits, I'm skeptical that he's as good an evaluator of talent as Saban, who I'd take over any coach in the country as far as finding players that fit the system.  Of course, I could very well be wrong, but we'll just have to wait another year or two to find out.

Good points - I didn't think back far enough for Bobby and Fulmer. Don't know how I forgot Saban though. Anyway, you are right in the next few years telling the tale. I will give Saban his due - he is a top notch recruiter. The future SEC is going to be even more brutal with Bama working it's way back and you guys with BP.
I told Jay we just need to assign the winner of the SEC to one slot in the BCS title game and let the rest of them sort it out for the opponent.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: arkbengal on February 11, 2008, 02:33:44 pm
Thank you for that observation. I mean, everyone knew that Tressel's staff was going to outcoach Miles & Co. this year, right ?

Well, it's been observed by "experts" on this thread that Miles is "mediocre".  I'll bet it was Saban's recruiting skills that called the X's and O's against OSU.

Tripod1

Quote from: jpenrod1 on February 11, 2008, 11:20:24 am
Good post.  And records are made to be broken and DMAC's record will be as well.  It is scary how bigger, faster, stronger they get.  Live long enough and you will see one better than DMAC, just a fact.

WizardofhOgZ

Really ? You need to go back and check the rankings of the classes then. Miles classes are just as good, if not better than Nick's. In fact, his first class was ranked around 15th with only 15-17 guys signed. And he had less time to do it than BP this year, since Saban waited until the bowl game to leave for Miami.

Well, what does THAT prove?  Maybe that if Nick can set the recruiting table for him, he can hold down most of the commitments?  I wouldn't crow about that first class if I were you, as it was mostly Saban's doings.

And the situation there is different from what Petrino stepped into here in a number of ways.  Saban winning a National Championship there had already established LSU as a premier program; Nutt clearly improved Arkansas' stature from the hapless Danny Ford era, but not nearly to the recognition level of LSU at the time of Miles' arrival there.  And then, Miles arrival was accompanied by the typical "honeymoon" press reception, while Arthur Blank twisted ESPN's arm to come down on Petrino with everything at their disposal, and they did.  Sp CBP had to deal with that as well.

This is your typical "oranges and apples" comparison.

I respect LSU - not so much your coach's ability.  If both he and Petrino stay where they are for the next few years, it will be VERY interesting to see who has the upper hand.

ckhawgu

This kid has a chance to be really good IMO...

PigDaddyKane

Concerning Dyer, I've seen him play a few times this year (my daughter goes to LRCA).  He is the real deal.  Right now he reminds me more of a Walter Payton/Barry Sanders than D-Mac.  He can cut, stop and start and when there is an opening it is like he was shot out of a cannon.  He also plays some Linebacker/D-back.

If I remember correctly he went to a camp last summer at LSU, where he ran a 4.37 40.  Two years is a long time for any young man not to be persuaded to switch to Arkansas.  I imagine once he sees what Petrino will do on offense, he will give Arkansas a chance.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

FWF79

in 2 years anything can happen. Lets just hope he stays healthy and doesnt get into any trouble.

newera

um... i would just like to comment as having seen him play, and i've never seen a sophmore as good as this kid. no joke, he ran ALL OVER CAC this year, with a man who was recruited by SC not being able to catch him...he's pretty freakin tight.
my last words are as follows: Bobby Petrino better be recruiting him NOW. he isn't going to flip flop like joe...and we will miss him badly especially if he goes to another SEC school.
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

ArKan5a5 KiD

From the highlights i seen of this kid he's going to be a good one and i hope we can keep him away from LSU and keep him instate at Arkansas. But like someone said earlier he still has 2 years so lets wait and see what happends with him b/c anything could happen in 2 years.

PorkSoda

Michael Dyer (5-10, 190, 4.4)
Darren McFadden (6-2, 205, 4.3),

I would say that is a pretty big difference.  believe it or not a tenth of a second is the difference between a TD and stopped in the backfield.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Grateful Red

Following that logic, you just proved that Miles is one and done in the BCS.. and I couldn't agree with you more.  Great Insight!

PorkSoda

Quote from: Grateful Red on February 11, 2008, 08:50:08 pm
Following that logic, you just proved that Miles is one and done in the BCS.. and I couldn't agree with you more.  Great Insight!
Does that mean Petrino wins a NC in year 2 with Nutts players?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

losthawg68

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 11, 2008, 09:59:32 pm
Does that mean Petrino wins a NC in year 2 with Nutts players?

i would say that he very well could.  and in 2 years, BP will have some of his own players on the field as well
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

bolo1010

Quote from: losthawg68 on February 11, 2008, 10:37:44 pm
i would say that he very well could.  and in 2 years, BP will have some of his own players on the field as well

i would say that you could be very correct on this statement...very good insight indeed.  by the way...your wife looks like a cajun..is she a lsu fan??

farhan

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 11, 2008, 08:37:26 pm
Michael Dyer (5-10, 190, 4.4)
Darren McFadden (6-2, 205, 4.3),

I would say that is a pretty big difference.  believe it or not a tenth of a second is the difference between a TD and stopped in the backfield.

You forgot to put Sophomore in high school, and junior, ready to declare for draft in there buddy.

swinesation

Nobody said Michael runs the same style as McFadden. His style is closest to Barry Sanders. Of course he is not Barry Sanders, but that is his style. To see him break 6 or 7 tackles in one run, and to change directions 3 or 4 times, is a common occurrence. Michael has definitely favored LSU, but as I shared on another thread, I recently was told that he went to a few of the Hogs games last season and is already on the Hogs radar. So we have a chance with him. He is a good kid, but does come from a broken home. His uncle, who is a police officer, has been a good influence in his life.

PeytonManningSUCKS

February 12, 2008, 01:58:06 pm #49 Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:00:01 pm by RanSolo
Quote from: Joe on February 11, 2008, 11:02:12 am
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Why would anybody want somebody as good as Darren was? We should want somebody better. Is there anybody better out there? Yes, somewhere. Will we get that player? Our chances are as good as any.
     Relax, my friends.
     Remember the Tiger Woods commercial where he says at the end, "Don't want to be me, be better than me".
     If we strive to be only as good as we were, we will not ever be as good as we can be.
       Wooooooo Pig Soooooie!!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Well if Tiger Woods said it in a commercial... by golly.  Just playin' I hear ya, onward to the future!