West Division
1. Mississippi
2. Mississippi State
3. Alabama
4. Auburn
5. Louisiana State
6. Arkansas

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1169&CID=757375
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hillbilly

I will go ahead and put money that those predictions don't hold up.

ShirtlessinFaynam

6th in the SEC West is still looming barely inside or outside the top 25.  SEC West in baseball is the best division in any NCAA sport.

Head Dahn Hog

It's crazy how tough this conference is. 

Arkansas and LSU picked last in the West.  Tennessee and Florida, recent CWS teams, picked last in the East. 

No way the final standings look anything like this. 
No excuses!  Play like a champion today!

cthog99

predictions in sports do not mean anything

novack2

Quote from: cthog99 on January 22, 2008, 01:28:33 pm

I'm with you. I trust Vegas before I trust sportswriters.

TuckFexas

For each division, assign a team a ping pong ball w/ a # on it. Put them in a sack and have a buddy draw out one at a time. That's how to make these predictions.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Head Dahn Hog

Quote from: TuckFexas on January 22, 2008, 01:51:32 pm
For each division, assign a team a ping pong ball w/ a # on it. Put them in a sack and have a buddy draw out one at a time. That's how to make these predictions.

May not be true anywhere else, but in this conference that would be about as accurate as you could get!
No excuses!  Play like a champion today!

msudawgs64

to give you guys some food for thought..

Where Arkansas is this year is where we were last year in the West and 11th overall predicted finish.

Remember where we ended up?

To be honest, a lot of unknowns right now with Arkansas, mainly starting staff.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

razorback3072

Weren't we picked to finish 11th when we made it to Omaha a few years ago?
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

msudawgs64

Quote from: razorback3072 on January 22, 2008, 07:50:49 pm
Weren't we picked to finish 11th when we made it to Omaha a few years ago?

would not surprise me, the pundits and prognosticators are usually spot on with baseball <sarcasm>
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Texman

Quote from: cthog99 on January 22, 2008, 01:28:33 pm

I agree, but why does everyone like the predictions when the Hogs are picked very high in any sport?

razorback3072

Quote from: Texman on January 22, 2008, 10:10:04 pm
I agree, but why does everyone like the predictions when the Hogs are picked very high in any sport?

it's more of a recognition thing than anything else.  Fans are excited when the team is picked high because that means people outside the state are giving them some type of recognition.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

Kevin

we are the team with alot of ???.

who pitches
who plays
batting order
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

msudawgs64

here is something I think I can predict without hesitation...

Ole Miss will choke again and still not get to Omaha..

kcstar

Based on what the Hogs have returning, they should be picked low in the West. 

Unlike last winter, I have not heard anything from DVH or the SID about the baseball team.  Makes me thing a banner year is not expected.

Despite all that I would not bet against DVH and the Hogs surprising some people this year.

razorback3072

Quote from: kcstar on January 24, 2008, 05:03:32 pm
Based on what the Hogs have returning, they should be picked low in the West. 

Unlike last winter, I have not heard anything from DVH or the SID about the baseball team.  Makes me thing a banner year is not expected.

Despite all that I would not bet against DVH and the Hogs surprising some people this year.

He was on Bo's show the other day.  they were asking him about the pitching situation and he wouldn't comment too much on it.  He basically said we have a lot of guys that noone really knows anything about.  He did comment on Seibert being ahead of schedule in his return from Tommy John surgery.  It sounded a lot like he didn't want to give any info for opponents when it comes to the pitching.  Can't wait.  Less than a month away.

Purple Tiger

I can see LSU being picked 5th because they're young but very talented.

Razorback7281

I believe the last time the Hogs were picked to finish 6th in the West they won the SEC and went to Omaha in 2004
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Purple Tiger

Quote from: Razorback7281 on February 07, 2008, 03:35:09 pm
I believe the last time the Hogs were picked to finish 6th in the West they won the SEC and went to Omaha in 2004

With the liberal transfer rules,it's tough to predict the succes of college baseball teams. 

nathanj

It should be easy enough to NOT pick a DVH team last in any league.  He is still my favorite coach on the Hill.

msudawgs64

Quote from: Purple Tiger on February 09, 2008, 08:02:58 pm

With the liberal transfer rules,it's tough to predict the succes of college baseball teams. 

used to be, those transfer rules are no longer liberal, have you not heard?  Transfer rules for baseball are the same as for football and basketball now, must sit out a year if you go from one Div 1A team to another. 

msudawgs64

Quote from: nathanj on February 10, 2008, 08:31:07 pm
It should be easy enough to NOT pick a DVH team last in any league.  He is still my favorite coach on the Hill.

not really, unknowns in the pitching department, Hogs lost a lot of wins an a lot of power at the plate. 

spe450

Quote from: msudawgs64 on February 10, 2008, 09:45:32 pm
not really, unknowns in the pitching department, Hogs lost a lot of wins an a lot of power at the plate. 
They also lost a lot of k's at the plate.  Have two of the RBI leaders returning.

msudawgs64

February 11, 2008, 01:28:13 am #24 Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:35:18 am by msudawgs64
Quote from: Hogapalooza on February 10, 2008, 09:54:06 pm
your point?  It's still DVH!

lol, well that's one way to look at it...they picked us last in the West last year and 11th overall, name Ron Polk ring a bell?  If not look at the top of the SEC coaches list.  Point is though, even the best coaches have years that they are reloading. 

But anyhoo, who is the starting 3 SEC pitchers for Arkansas as of today?  Last year it was a given who the staff would be at this time of the year.

msudawgs64

Quote from: spe450 on February 10, 2008, 10:20:27 pm
They also lost a lot of k's at the plate.  Have two of the RBI leaders returning.

true, I think the main thing that the "experts" are looking at though is unknown SEC starting pitching assignments moreso than offense.

I take these with a grain of salt anyway.

chiefsfan

Quote from: msudawgs64 on February 11, 2008, 01:28:13 am
lol, well that's one way to look at it...they picked us last in the West last year and 11th overall, name Ron Polk ring a bell?  If not look at the top of the SEC coaches list.  Point is though, even the best coaches have years that they are reloading. 

But anyhoo, who is the starting 3 SEC pitchers for Arkansas as of today?  Last year it was a given who the staff would be at this time of the year.

we dont really know.  We've got a decent idea of the lineup that will be put out there each day...but the weekend rotation depends on how people pitch
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 11, 2008, 12:08:37 am
Wow, they are picking Arkansas last?  Didn't you have a great team last year?

Yes but we lost Schmidt, Todd, Welker who all went in the first 2 rounds of the MLB draft and they were our weekend rotation.

We lost Hamblin who broke the career HR mark at UA last year, Walker who was a leader and a great defensive catcher, Willard, Julius, B-Mac, Gilbert, Rhoads, Watts (transferred to Ark St.) and I'm sure I'm forgetting some too.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

msudawgs64

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 11, 2008, 01:51:06 am
we dont really know.  We've got a decent idea of the lineup that will be put out there each day...but the weekend rotation depends on how people pitch

correct and I think both you and cliffleeformvp posted the main reason why these folks have predicted the finish as such.   They base it off what they know and what they can prove, not because Dave Van Horn is the head coach.  They know he will field a solid team, they know he has built a great program, but he ain't the one fielding, pitching, and batting this year.

msudawgs64

Quote from: Hogapalooza on February 11, 2008, 08:11:21 pm
You know I love ya msudawgs64.  You're 1 of the few outsiders.   Hope ya get to come back up this year.

thanks man, right back at ya..

nah, won't be able to make it up this year, got a new baby due on March 15th but my plan is for me and my daughter to come up next year when State plays in Fayetteville again.  She will be almost 3 by that time and no better time to get her hooked on college baseball.  The youngest one will stay home for that trip.

Purple Tiger

February 16, 2008, 09:40:00 pm #30 Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 09:43:18 pm by Purple Tiger
Quote from: msudawgs64 on February 10, 2008, 09:42:36 pm
used to be, those transfer rules are no longer liberal, have you not heard?  Transfer rules for baseball are the same as for football and basketball now, must sit out a year if you go from one Div 1A team to another. 

Thanks,had not heard of that change. I'm glad this rule was added.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hogapalooza on February 12, 2008, 12:06:36 am
I might try and make the trip there this year?  We'll see.

Yeah Im thinking about going to either Oxford Or Starkville this year for a couple games, depending how our season is going

Boss Hogg

6th would suck

DVH will whip them into shape.