Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss is for

Started by LRCentralTiger, January 09, 2008, 10:16:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCentralTiger

real.  They took Tennessee to final shot before losing by 2.  Parnell is a beast and got hurt.  The freshman point guard is one of the best to come along if he plays like that all the time.

L.A.

that pollyneese(sp.) guy can ball too

mathhog

disagree...

great game for OMiss, but they've done well versus Pearl in the past

(they BEAT a sweet 16 team tennessee team by 14 last year, and hung with tenn till late at knoxville in 05

still really not convinced on ole miss... ut had some costly problems, lofton had a bad night, etc, om is bigger so they outrebound ut... and ut still won.

i think Ole miss is a PAPER TIGER

40MINSOFHELL

Arkansas will win the west but Ole Piss is definately IMPROVED but Arkansas should sweep them

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: mathhog on January 09, 2008, 10:20:41 pm
disagree...

great game for OMiss, but they've done well versus Pearl in the past

(they BEAT a sweet 16 team tennessee team by 14 last year, and hung with tenn till late at knoxville in 05

still really not convinced on ole miss... ut had some costly problems, lofton had a bad night, etc, om is bigger so they outrebound ut... and ut still won.

i think Ole miss is a PAPER TIGER

I accept your opinion but we will lose in Oxford.  Parnell and Curtis make Thomas and  Towns look like twigs.  They are built thick and strong. 

Ole Miss handed a Clemson team a 2 point loss.  Clemson took out Mississippi State and Alabama plus lost a close one to UNC.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 09, 2008, 10:29:46 pm
I accept your opinion but we will lose in Oxford.  Parnell and Curtis make Thomas and  Towns look like twigs.  They are built thick and strong. 

Ole Miss handed a Clemson team a 2 point loss.  Clemson took out Mississippi State and Alabama plus lost a close one to UNC.

so they're big men out rebounded tennessee and still lost, so what, they have big guys

Hollywood_HOGan45

we hardly ever win in oxford. that means we have to beat them at home if we want to win the west.

but it all starts tomorrow night in auburn. if we cant beat them with 6 players, we dont deserve the NIT.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on January 09, 2008, 10:31:13 pm
so they're big men out rebounded tennessee and still lost, so what, they have big guys
There outside game was as good or better than Tennessee's tonight.  The freshman guard is really good or at least thus far in the season.

Tomhog™

Glad both Ole Miss and Alabama lost to East teams.  Definitely helps Arkansas to a degree.  Arkansas just needs to take care of business tomorrow night and never let up through all 16 games!

HoginHouston

We have a real shot to win the West, and Ole Piss is the main thing standing in the way. That and our own penchant for turnovers...
Go Hogs Go.

The Realist

I was at the game tonight so let me give my insight on Ole Miss. 
They are for real
They can shoot, they adjust to any type of game, and they are well coached.  They came back from a big deficit behind their PG #12 who is a player.  We will no doubt lose to them in Oxford in my opinion.  In Fayetteville is a toss up but tonight I saw this Ole Miss do something that I haven't seen an Arkansas team do in a while and thats fight back after being down aka heart. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Hoggy1

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 09, 2008, 10:16:07 pm
real.  They took Tennessee to final shot before losing by 2.  Parnell is a beast and got hurt.  The freshman point guard is one of the best to come along if he plays like that all the time.

i gotta disagree, Ole Miss was behind by 10 points for a good while in the 2nd half.

I also remember them overcoming a couple of 10 point deficits in the 1st half.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on January 09, 2008, 10:51:05 pm
i gotta disagree, Ole Miss was behind by 10 points for a good while in the 2nd half.

To fall behind and continue to come back takes a lot of character and attitude.  They are a mentally tough team and have very strong senior leadership from Curtis and Parnell.  It may all fall apart for Ole Miss but right now they are deserving of the top twenty ranking.

The Realist

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on January 09, 2008, 10:51:05 pm

They were never down by more than 6 in the first half and took the lead several times.  down 0-6 they went up 10-8.  it was back and forth the whole way.  They got back in it because they can shoot the rock from outside and they never quit. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Beaverfever

I'm laughing at all of you that are dogging Ole Miss.  There is no way you watched that entire game and are not impressed with them.  They have some SERIOUS players.  I will say this and mock me if you want, I would not be surprised if they made a deep run in the ncaa's this year.  Their inside game makes ours look like a joke and that warren kid might be the best player outside of chris lofton in the conference.  They are so far ahead of us it's not even funny.

3pigsinafountain

OMs tallest starter is 6'8" and they beat taller Tenn. players easily on the boards.  Tenn is not a good rebounding team, minus 2.7 if i recall.  What Tenn is, is very good at creating turnovers......sound familiar?  OM played hard the whole game on the road, that will keep them in a lot of games and give Ar something to worry about.  OM has a good freshman point guard and he scored well........but he took too many tough shots.  He learns a little more patience and plays within himself OM will be very very tough at home or on the road.  They are for real and barring injuries will only improve.

The Realist

They dominated us on the boards last year too with those same players.  Purnell and Curtis made us look like high schoolers last year in their win vs. us.  They are big bodies.  They don't need to be 7 ft if they can bang on the inside like those 2.
Childs, Gregory.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 09, 2008, 11:35:45 pm
I'm laughing at all of you that are dogging Ole Miss.  There is no way you watched that entire game and are not impressed with them.  They have some SERIOUS players.  I will say this and mock me if you want, I would not be surprised if they made a deep run in the ncaa's this year.  Their inside game makes ours look like a joke and that warren kid might be the best player outside of chris lofton in the conference.  They are so far ahead of us it's not even funny.
What is scary about Tennessee is Lofton is having a bad year and they are still winning.  They have a couple of new players who have picked up the slack and made this team better than last year.  If Lofton gets it going, look out.

Tomhog™

Quote from: The Realist on January 09, 2008, 10:51:00 pm
tonight I saw this Ole Miss do something that I haven't seen an Arkansas team do in a while and thats fight back after being down aka heart. 

Uh, they did come back from being down to Baylor on Saturday.  I didn't think they would, but they did.

Grateful Hog

Maybe I'm crazy, but watching the Florida/Alabama game and the Ole Miss/Tenn game last night, we are in for some trouble this year.  If we have an off night shooting, we will get burned by these teams.  Tenn and Ole Miss each had 8 three's in the first half. Our best is 9 for a whole game.  I'm not saying we can't win, because we definetely have talent.  Just saying we should expect a dogfight like last year, with the winner of the West having a little over .500 record. Should come down to us and Ole Miss.

Did anyone see Miss State game?  Heard they are struggling a bit so far, but they have some talent as well.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 10, 2008, 09:36:14 am
Uh, they did come back from being down to Baylor on Saturday.  I didn't think they would, but they did.
Baylor is not Tennessee.  How about Appy State?

The Realist

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 10, 2008, 07:31:13 am
What is scary about Tennessee is Lofton is having a bad year and they are still winning.  They have a couple of new players who have picked up the slack and made this team better than last year.  If Lofton gets it going, look out.
JP Prince, Chris Lofton, JaJuan Smith, Tyler Smith, and Wayne Chism can all be the leading scorers on different nights.  JaJuan Smith had something like 19 points at half last night.  Not to mention Tennessee is playing without Duke Crews until they find out about a heart condition he has. 
Childs, Gregory.

hawgwild1087

Both Curtis and Parnell play like that big guy that dominated us from Appy St.  We're in for some trouble.

WindyCityHog

I am one of those that frimly believed the Hogs would get better as the season progressed.

The Appy State loss in LR REALLY hurt....but the win at Baylor gives us some hope.

I find it difficult that a veteran team like Arkansas....with Townes, Hill, Thomas inside....Beverly and Weems outside....can NOT find a pace.

It's gonna be a carnival ride for the season.  With the experience the Hogs have, there is NO reason the Hogs shouldn't fluorish....new coach or not.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 10, 2008, 01:50:13 pm
The point he made was that Arkansas hasn't come back, they did.  Baylor is a good team whether you believe it or not.
Point taken about the Hogs comeback in that game. 

Look at the difference in RPI ratings and you will see why I believe UM is a very legit team.  Baylor is #57 as of today.  Probably higher before we beat them but we were probably lower in the RPI rankings.

RPI
East
Tennessee         3
Vanderbilt          7

Florida              95
Georgia           172
Kentucky         214
South Carolina  142

West
Mississippi St.   114 
Arkansas           52     :razorback:
Auburn            178 
Mississippi         20 
Alabama            84
Louisiana St.     191

We are fourth in the conference in RPI and that is about right based on the games played to date.  Ole Miss could fall apart tomorrow, but so could we or anybody else.

msudawgs64

Quote from: Grateful Hog on January 10, 2008, 10:30:22 am
Did anyone see Miss State game?  Heard they are struggling a bit so far, but they have some talent as well.

beat a bad LSU team on the road in Baton Rouge by 22 last night, 61-39 and have won 5 straight now, two of those without Charles Rhodes, who has a ankle injury.  One of those 5 wins came against Missouri, who we beat by 12.  I think the team is moving in the right direction now. 
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

vandybuff

Miss. is indeed for real --- I think they may be the best team in the conference, and this loss perhaps benefitted them - after all it was a two point loss to a top ten team on the road.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!