Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone seen the kid from UNC Ashville? 7'7" Huge Dude

Started by jst01, January 09, 2008, 08:30:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jst01

Kevin George.  He is playing on ESPNu right now v.s. UNC.  Tyler Hansbro(sp) looks like he is a dwarf next to him!! 

COCHISE

Quote from: jst01 on January 09, 2008, 08:30:21 pm
Kevin George.  He is playing on ESPNu right now v.s. UNC.  Tyler Hansbro(sp) looks like he is a dwarf next to him!! 
I've seen him, he's not just tall either, he weighs around 360 lbs, shoe size 26

tulsadst

Quote from: 870 RZR on January 09, 2008, 08:53:08 pm
I've seen him, he's not just tall either, he weighs around 360 lbs, shoe size 26

WOW...Anyone got a pic of this dude???

Reservoir Hogs

dude is slow as grass though... SC had a thing on him today and it took him over 9 seconds to make it down the floor in transition.  Hansborbro (sp) did dunk over him twice though.
He is a giant with little skill, that is why he is at UNC Ashville

inhognation

Watched highlights on Sports Center. UNC Ashville lost by 11 to UNC.  He is really slow.  Rarely leaves the floor.  His vertical is not much, but he blocked quite a few shots in the highlights mostly without leaving the floor.  Lot of his rebounds and dunks it looked like he was flatfooted or barely off the floor. 

Tyler did drive by him and dunk on him at least twice in the highlights.  Unless he is able to improve his quickness, I don't think he will be any more than a novelty.  He might make it in the pros and play a few minutes a game like Manute Bol.  He is much heavier than Bol.  I think they said he weighed 360.

blacksuit

A couple of videos of him dunking (note that these are minor college games, not high school):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Ji3-iwfC8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WctBazFZAMc

He probably has gigantism of some kind.

TRUHOG718

caught him on full court last week. The kid is a freak of nature. Hes not very good either.  It must have been rough for him growing up. No Pun Intended..  I for one would not want to be that tall.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Boar_Ryder

Quote from: tulsadst on January 10, 2008, 09:27:20 am
WOW...Anyone got a pic of this dude???

[youtube=425,350]/v/htwkRYa0gOk&rel[/youtube] [youtube=425,350]/v/4IKLaCofsvM&rel[/youtube]

chillinhoggie

Quote from: razrhog05 on January 10, 2008, 11:04:17 am
dude is slow as grass though... SC had a thing on him today and it took him over 9 seconds to make it down the floor in transition.  Hansborbro (sp) did dunk over him twice though.
He is a giant with little skill, that is why he is at UNC Ashville
That one dunk was straight in his face too.....
Makes you think about about what a one in a million Yao is to big THAT big and still have skill.

TuckFexas

His pituitary gland has been working overtime for a while now.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Hog Fan from Camden

I saw him and he definately has gigantism.  This out of control growth is usually caused by a problem (like a tumor) in or new the pituitary gland.  I don't think Yao has this issue, he is just tall.

Hog Fan from Camden

I saw him and he definately has gigantism.  This out of control growth is usually caused by a problem (like a tumor) in or near the pituitary gland.  I don't think Yao has this issue, he is just tall.

hillhog

Appearance reminds me of Andre the Giant, the former pro wrestler, just a bigger version. Watched some of the game on ESPN, seemed like most usually, the big guy gets away with lots of contact in defense, shot blocking. Usually that is except for Stephen Hill. He gets very little love from the refs.