Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama/UF Put on a good show last night

Started by spudhog, January 09, 2008, 01:38:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spudhog

Surprisingly this was a good game. Bama would be deadly with a healthy Steele. Their pg play hurt them last night and will be a stumbling block all season. Gee and Hendrix are a nice 1-2 punch. Unfortunately for bama, that is all they got. No depth and bad pg will do them in.

I was really impressed with uf though. Donovan has a nice group of youngsters who get what he's trying to do. Their low post play is not strong but at least they defend and get after it. They are loaded down with good shooters up top. They might be a sleeper team to factor in the conference race.

I noticed last night that Donovan has a nice system. He likes shorter 1 and 2 guards who can 3's when open. His 3 spot always has someone that's a combination of sorts (mike miller, walsh and brewer). These guys can do a bit of everything. His 4 and 5's are multitaskers as well. They play solid d, rebound, handle the rock a bit and usually can knock a jumper down or two when need be.

I think Pel will have a system in place as well that 5-10 years down the road we'll be placing names in certain roles.

elksnort

Good shooters make a coach look smart. Donovan gets the good shooters. Florida will be good again. Surely, they will not be as good as the last two years, but Donovan has it going on!

It makes you ask, "Why in the heck do we not have some good shooters?"

pimphog

Quote from: elksnort on January 09, 2008, 02:15:13 pm
Good shooters make a coach look smart. Donovan gets the good shooters. Florida will be good again. Surely, they will not be as good as the last two years, but Donovan has it going on!

they're comin........

hawgwild1087

I liked how florida utilized the pick-and-roll and backdoor cut all night.  They also had guys open for the three pretty much every possession. Florida will be one of the better teams in the conference this year if they can shoot like they did last night.

Hoggy1

Quote from: elksnort on January 09, 2008, 02:15:13 pm

I think Clarke and Fortson will put that to rest....

pretty sad tho
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin