Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

like the way Townes is talking

Started by Modsquad24, January 09, 2008, 07:46:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

"We need to pound the ball inside repeatedly, wearing them out, we need to be real physical with them" Senior Forward/Center Darian Townes on Auburn game thursday night.

Foshodo

thats what i dont understand... I know College ball is for Guards, but if we could feed the ball inside and get fouls early they would be forced to play with caution the whole second half... it just makes sense...

I hope to see it more often...

CurlyTail

Yeah Bev says pretty much the same thing in this article. Obviously Pel has been hammering that into their heads

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080109/SPORTS/801090345/1006

Modsquad24

by the same token if we could knock down 5-6 treys a game that'd be nice, because then it would open more things up for the bigmen. I believe Arkansas is averaging 4.6 3's per game, it would be nice to get that number up to around 6 by March, GHG!

Tomhog™

Guards will also need to do a lot of driving and creating fouls.  Get their thin team in foul trouble early and it will be over early.  Pounding into the big men will help cause fouls too.  3 pointers need to be kept to a minimum and only when WIDE open.

Foshodo

Quote from: Modsquad24 on January 09, 2008, 09:29:26 am
by the same token if we could knock down 5-6 treys a game that'd be nice, because then it would open more things up for the bigmen. I believe Arkansas is averaging 4.6 3's per game, it would be nice to get that number up to around 6 by March, GHG!

we seem to have a horrible habit of "if we make 3 of the first 4 threes, we end up taking 18 of them and only hitting 6..." If we could hit them while there working and then move into plan B after we've missed a few, I'd agree with ya but we cant ever seem to switch out once the shots stop falling.