Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn Game

Started by razorzapp, January 06, 2008, 06:39:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorzapp

ok what is everyone's take on this upcoming game?  auburn is 9-3 but they are a very bad team.  i do not believe they have beaten anyone with a winning record.  i know this is a road game but i feel we should win this game by 20.  it's time to see where we are. 

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

40MINSOFHELL

Modsquad24

Jeffcphog

I guess I am shell shocked, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much.  We should beat Auburn by over 10 points, but our history on the road is not good.

LeadHog

berg

Pelphrey really needs to win this game.  I was very disapointed about the OK game.  If we are going to be a good team, we must win on the road.  That is what Stan couldn't do.  It is easy for a coach to win with a home crowd but we haven't shown that we can do it on the road.

harmonyhog

wonder which AR team will show up.

jschulte

TRUTH BE TOLD: It all comes down to if we can hit shots

gohawgsgo

It would be big to get that first road win early.  I think we might be able to earn a good conference record this year for the simple fact that the SEC is down.  10-6 or better should be attainable.

ImapigUrapig

Quote from: razorzapp on January 06, 2008, 06:39:15 pm
ok what is everyone's take on this upcoming game?  auburn is 9-3 but they are a very bad team.  i do not believe they have beaten anyone with a winning record.  i know this is a road game but i feel we should win this game by 20.  it's time to see where we are. 
Any road win is huge in the SEC...I'll take a 1 point vic.We should kick their arses tho

The_Bionic_Pig

I would be happy with a Win period so the team can  build confidence. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

opineonswine

Most important game of the young Pelphrey era.  WE REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY NEED TO WIN THIS GAME.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: jschulte on January 06, 2008, 10:32:46 pm
TRUTH BE TOLD: It all comes down to if we can hit shots
That matters? 

everybodybleedsred

This is a huge game being the first in SEC play.  Historically we haven't done well on the road but perhaps we can take the momentum from the road win at Baylor and take it into Auburn.  I think Pelphrey will have them ready but I think the key will be to not start the game with a lot of turnovers and give Auburn early momentum.  I think it will be close but we will win by 8 points. WPS!  :razorback:

razorzapp

auburn has only played 3 teams with winning records and has lost by 15, 29 and 23 to those 3 teams.  we have only played 3 teams with losing records.  we have played much better competition than auburn.  i know its a sec road game but this is a game we are supposed to win.

hawgwild1087

January 09, 2008, 04:30:40 pm #16 Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 04:42:52 pm by hawgwild1087
We have them really overmatched in the frontcourt.  If we keep a constant rotation of Washington, Thomas, Hill, and Townes theres no way Auburn can keep up.  Starting 3 bigs might not be a bad idea if Washington or Thomas could defend against a quicker guard.
Auburns depth is gonna prove to be a major problem come second half.

razerbacker

Yeah, i bet we start pressing again in this game, not a big enough 3 point threat for us not to, plus with the big time lack of depth, we should try to get them tired.

D Ive Wright

narrow victory on the road