Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next opponent Auburn 9-2 7:00 p.m. (cst) ESPN 2 1/10/08

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, January 06, 2008, 02:43:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

January 06, 2008, 02:43:09 am Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 03:17:20 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Auburn has two main scoring threats 6'8 215lbs Forward Quan Prowell who averges 15pts 6rbs &

6'5 SG Rasheem Barrett 14pts 5rbs 3asst.    

Quan Prowell shoots almost 70% from the field and PG DeWayne Reed already has 30 Steals in just 11 games and hardly ever gets pulled from the game (averages 33 minutes).

Team Effort:   Auburn is last in scoring in the SEC only averaging around 71pts per contest, but are very solid defensively only giving up around 64 per contest. As a team they shoot about 50% from the field mostly due to Quan Prowell while holding opponents to 42%.  This team is the exact opposite of the one we just played in Baylor because they rely heavily on their inside game.   They are a horrible foul shooting team as well defending the inside game.  Their guards usually determine the outcome of the game as they are only behind Tennessee in total steals.

Overall: Look for Coach Jeff Lebo to attempt to have his team dictate a half court game with serious pressure on our guard play. 

The last time Auburn and Arkansas played 2/21/07 Patrick Beverly had 16pts & Darian Townes 13pts in 67-59 loss at Auburn.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

chiefsfan

Auburn will have only 6 scholarship players available for our game Thursday

We need to win...even though we always struggle at Auburn
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

jry04

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 06, 2008, 02:52:14 am

It isn't that we always struggle at Auburn, the last few years we have struggled at every road game. I may be wrong, but I actually think Auburn was one of the few road wins in Heath's tenure. We usually struggle at Ole Miss and MSU no matter who the coach is.

zebra

Auburn is getting beat by 30, 45-75 by Xavier(3:00 to go), right now on FSN, in Northwest AR.

Modsquad24

won at Auburn 2 seasons ago when Brewer led us back to the tourney

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Modsquad24 on January 06, 2008, 05:54:42 pm
won at Auburn 2 seasons ago when Brewer led us back to the tourney

Yeah Lil Boot had 26pts that game 11-14 from the field and 3-5 from beyond the arc.  Arkansas needed that game too because they were 1-3 in conference play headed into that game.  (13-5) overall.  Jonathan Modica had 17pts and Charles Thomas had 12.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

batmanfan

Its due or die to boys! ITS CONFERENCE PLAY TIME!! YAY!

Who do you guys got in this one as Arkansas travels to play the Tigres in Auburn this thursday night on ESPN2?

the Hogs have to have this one, as it could start a nice run through conference play. The Hogs should be the favorite in every game through the first eight of the season so this should be important to building momentum, and actually getting off to a fast start in SEC play, which we have not doen in ages.

Auburns top two inside guys wont be playing (Dollard and Barber), so I'm not sure how they will be able to guard our inside boys. The fact that they aren't very deep is a major concern as well, as we'll un them the whole game.

Hogs should win this one by quite a bit, but I just want a WIN!!!

Come on Hogs!

PS. Nice preview Stew!
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

The_Bionic_Pig

If Arkansas is forced into a half court game it will be a lot closer than most people think, but if Coach Pelphrey decides to run them into the ground with Auburn being limited with backups we could easily win this one going away.   Baylor's guards were dead tired and had nothing on their shots in the second half. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogtropolis™

Stewie, which one of Auburn's players was the McDonald's AA out of HS?

The_Bionic_Pig

January 07, 2008, 08:49:29 am #9 Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:51:51 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 06, 2008, 06:31:38 pm
Stewie, which one of Auburn's players was the McDonald's AA out of HS?

Korvotney Barber but he is out with a broken hand.  He was leading the nation in field goal percentage.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 07, 2008, 08:49:29 am
Korvotney Barber but he is out with a broken hand.  He was leading the nation in field goal percentage.
Hate to hear that, but that's good for us.

Tomhog™

Half court games takes the Hogs out of their element.  I hope they can dictate tempo and get to Aubbie's legs.  Otherwise, it's going to be low-scoring and a less-than-spectacular performance.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 07, 2008, 12:16:25 pm
Half court games takes the Hogs out of their element.  I hope they can dictate tempo and get to Aubbie's legs.  Otherwise, it's going to be low-scoring and a less-than-spectacular performance.

Most of their offense comes from their inside game.....if we can get their Forwards to chase our big men all over the court (especially Michael Washington who is just as dangerous on the perimeter) then we should have little problem getting a W.   Auburn has probably the best defensive guards (steals) in the entire SEC so WE HAVE TO KEEP OUR TURNOVERS DOWN!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

All_Hogs

From the Auburn newspaper on their weaknesses

The problems:

* Auburn gets winded quickly, especially against an up-tempo team with a solid bench like Xavier. Ten minutes into the game, you could tell the Tigers were already pretty worn out. That's understandable, given their current lack of depth.

* Auburn has no inside game. "None," Lebo repeated for emphasis after the game. That means Auburn's only choice is to play small-ball and use its speed. But without any inside rebounding presence, the Tigers must take good shots. They're often only going to get one chance.

This bodes well for the Hogs.

jltackel

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 06, 2008, 02:52:14 am

I thought it was seven ?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: jltackel on January 10, 2008, 04:11:04 pm
I thought it was seven ?
I think it will be seven.  I heard on the radio last night that one of their scholarship players that has been hurt will be back, but he will only be about 85%.  BTW, it's not Barber that will be back.  He is still 4-6 weeks away from playing.

lunchbox72703

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

josh_sec33

Ugly win, still sloppy at times, but it's a road win. Love it.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?