Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My theory about the origin of this "pink" mess

Started by razor, April 07, 2005, 09:32:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razor

Its just a hunch, but I would not be at all surprised if Houston Nutt made up this whole thing about supposedly receiving complaints from anonymous persons claiming to be offended by the pink jerseys. My guess is that it was HE who was opposed to the players being forced by Herring to don the pink jerseys, but HE didn't have the stones to confront Herring about it. So what does he do? He comes up with this absolutely ridiculous claim about receiving NUMEROUS phone calls from god knows who. WHO MADE THESE COMPLAINTS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can we not get a name? Just one name for god sakes. It would seem to me that if a person or organization were offended enough to phone the U of A and complain that they would not be ashamed to give us their name. And if they were to ashamed to give us their name, then why in the world is our football coach caving in to their demands? I read the article on Hogwired where Nutt comes out yesterday to tell us it WASN'T the Race for the Cure people and it WASN'T some other organization. Hey Houston, instead of telling us who it wasn't, how about telling us who it WAS. I think we as fans are owed that. Honestly, if NUMEROUS phone complaints were received, shouldn't there be one person in the athletic dept. somewhere who could tell us who fielded these phone complaints? Did these mysterious people phone Nutt, Broyles, Chancellor White? Who talked to whom? I for one won't believe that a single person complained about the use of the pink jerseys on the grounds that pink is affiliated with cancer victims until that person or persons is identified.

idochog

Do you think one of the players mamas complained?

The only thing HDN has "stones" on is when someone questions the need for an OC.

Ill agree on one thing in your post, HDN wont confront Herring for sure about anything.
I love Jesus!

Extra Point

It is not a "conspiracy".  Visited with a friend who is a major part of the Komen organization the last couple of nights at the baseball games.  She is well aware of what happened as far as they are concerned.  They rec'd complaints before Nutt and their people ever spoke.

mikeirwin

Quote from: razor on April 07, 2005, 09:32:31 am
Its just a hunch, but I would not be at all surprised if Houston Nutt made up this whole thing about supposedly receiving complaints from anonymous persons claiming to be offended by the pink jerseys. My guess is that it was HE who was opposed to the players being forced by Herring to don the pink jerseys, but HE didn't have the stones to confront Herring about it. So what does he do? He comes up with this absolutely ridiculous claim about receiving NUMEROUS phone calls from god knows who. WHO MADE THESE COMPLAINTS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can we not get a name? Just one name for god sakes. It would seem to me that if a person or organization were offended enough to phone the U of A and complain that they would not be ashamed to give us their name. And if they were to ashamed to give us their name, then why in the world is our football coach caving in to their demands? I read the article on Hogwired where Nutt comes out yesterday to tell us it WASN'T the Race for the Cure people and it WASN'T some other organization. Hey Houston, instead of telling us who it wasn't, how about telling us who it WAS. I think we as fans are owed that. Honestly, if NUMEROUS phone complaints were received, shouldn't there be one person in the athletic dept. somewhere who could tell us who fielded these phone complaints? Did these mysterious people phone Nutt, Broyles, Chancellor White? Who talked to whom? I for one won't believe that a single person complained about the use of the pink jerseys on the grounds that pink is affiliated with cancer victims until that person or persons is identified.
There's been such a backlash I'm not sure they would admit it at this point. Interesting theory about Nutt but I suspect that the complainers are real.
I'm glad most people are getting sick of this PC stuff to the point where they're saying we're not gonna accept this garbage anymore.
I'll tell you where we went wrong. All the way back when Jimmy the Greek got fired for saying that goofy stuff about Black athletes being fast because they had an extra muscle in their butts that connected to their backs. It was an ignorant thing to say but he wasn't being racist or malicious. My guess is he never passed a science class in his life. That was his crime. His idiotic employers overreacted and threw him in the trash can for something that was basically funny. Not funny toward Blacks. Funny toward The Greek. It's like that old Aggie joke.
Texas A&M has project on the drawing board to send a man to the sun.
Impossible. He would burn up.
No, they will send him at night.
In case you haven't noticed PC people don't have a sense of humor.
I'm sure I'll hear from the Aggies now.

El Dog Hog

If Nutt didnt want the pink jerseys, he would have told Reggie no when he came up with the idea. They had to talk about it at a coaches meeting sometime, he had to go about getting them somehow, he had to have them distrubted to the guys. Also if he didnt like the idea, then he wouldnt be thinking of another color for the "slacker" jerseys.

Nutt is the head coach and like it or not, and is Reggie Herrings boss. So if Nutt didnt like the idea then he would have just told him not to do it. Its just dumb the way people try to spin things just to make Nutt look bad.

razor

El Dog Hog, I might agree with you if Nutt had a track record of showing he had some balls, but his track record is just the opposite. So I can't accept the notion at all that Nutt would have automatically stood up to Herring from the get go. And if you read Nutt's latest comments, he's backpedalled again. He's no longer considering "other" colored jerseys for slackers. Now he just says that whole idea is over. My guess is he didn't care too much one way or the other when Herring came up with the idea, but then received lots of player and player's parents complaints(Do you think Keith Jackson, Sr. liked seeing his son's name in the paper for wearing a pink jersey)? Considering the national embarrassment Nutt's mishandling of this fiasco has caused us, I would really like to see a better explanation as to just who actually made these phone calls and who actually received them. We won't get it though. We'll just have to take Nutt's word for it that the calls were actually made. That should be good enough though because Houston is as honest as the day is long, right? Yeah, just like the Nebraska leveraging act was not about the money, it was about the Hog on that helmet. Well, what about the hog on the helmet last year when he flirted with L.S.U.? I just can't get that "used car salesman" comment from his former player at Boise St. out of my head.

idochog

April 07, 2005, 11:07:39 am #6 Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 11:09:13 am by idochog
Quote from: razor on April 07, 2005, 10:34:20 am
El Dog Hog, I might agree with you if Nutt had a track record of showing he had some balls, but his track record is just the opposite. So I can't accept the notion at all that Nutt would have automatically stood up to Herring from the get go. And if you read Nutt's latest comments, he's backpedalled again. He's no longer considering "other" colored jerseys for slackers. Now he just says that whole idea is over. My guess is he didn't care too much one way or the other when Herring came up with the idea, but then received lots of player and player's parents complaints(Do you think Keith Jackson, Sr. liked seeing his son's name in the paper for wearing a pink jersey)? Considering the national embarrassment Nutt's mishandling of this fiasco has caused us, I would really like to see a better explanation as to just who actually made these phone calls and who actually received them. We won't get it though. We'll just have to take Nutt's word for it that the calls were actually made. That should be good enough though because Houston is as honest as the day is long, right? Yeah, just like the Nebraska leveraging act was not about the money, it was about the Hog on that helmet. Well, what about the hog on the helmet last year when he flirted with L.S.U.? I just can't get that "used car salesman" comment from his former player at Boise St. out of my head.

HDN has balls on calling the draw on 3rd and long.

I figure HDN would curl up in the fetile position if Herring yelled at him.

Sometimes I feel like HDN needs to wear a pink razorback polo.
I love Jesus!

El Dog Hog

When did Nutt back away from it? Im not saying he did or didnt, I just havent seen anything. I had to work last night so I didnt get to see the news, but I didnt see anything about it in the demogaz yesterday either. Did it come out today or what. Like I said, the last I heard is that we were going to wear burnt orange, which is good but I almost wish we'd wear maybe a golden jersey (LSU). That beatdown they gave us lat year plus it being in the Rock, still should hurt a little bit.

But if you dont mind razor, could you send a link or tell me where to check it out at. Thanks.

PerryHog

If there is a conspiracy thing, I'd be looking at White.

idochog

Quote from: PerryHog on April 07, 2005, 11:14:58 am
If there is a conspiracy thing, I'd be looking at White.

You aint kidding.  I wouldnt put it past that elistist nerd to put a stop to it.
I love Jesus!

razor

El Dog, I read it in one of the sports pages yesterday, either the Demogazette or the Morning News of Northwest Ark. I'll try to go back and find the exact article and get it to you. Its always possible I read it wrong, but I don't think so. Keep your eye on the rest of spring practice. If we see slackers wearing other colored jersey's I was obviously wrong. But I think he said the Hogs are done with the whole jersey thing, period.

razor

Extra Point, can you be more specific? Nutt said yesterday that no one from the Komen organization complained.

Hoggysoprano

Well my take is the Pink thing was a great idea, maybe it got the point across and wasn't really needed anylonger.  These kinds of things always get picked up by someone with an agenda and ran with.  That part of it is not really our concern, my only concern is if it was working will a different color work as well? Probably not, but the decison has been made and it would look even worse if Nutt reversed that decison now.