Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Pink thing seems to have backfired

Started by Hoggysoprano, April 06, 2005, 08:05:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggysoprano

It was a fan from NE Ark that called and was offended.  Seems that the attention has been focused on the the breast cancer people even though they had nothing to do with it.  Whole thing has gotten a lot bigger than it should have. Anyway donations have been taken away from the organizations that help folks like the person who made the complaint.  I kind of feel sorry for Nutt on this one, he thought he did the right thing but is lambasted from both sides.

Lanny

Nutt should have never caved in and ignored the request.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

V B Porkers

So it was one person who complained and we folded

Slacker

Quote from: hSv on April 06, 2005, 09:20:26 pm

I agree with that statement hSv, but if he'd not have done SOMETHING, he'd have been grilled for NOT doing something. As the Godfather, Hoggysoprano said, he's getting it from both sides. Either choice he'd have made would have gotten him grilled.
I think this whole frickin thing is out of this world rediculous.

Go Hogs!

South_Ark_Pig

Happens all the time, 1 group of people complain about something, they get what they want. wont name any names but bet ya can read between the lines.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on April 06, 2005, 08:05:17 pm
It was a fan from NE Ark that called and was offended. Seems that the attention has been focused on the the breast cancer people even though they had nothing to do with it. Whole thing has gotten a lot bigger than it should have. Anyway donations have been taken away from the organizations that help folks like the person who made the complaint. I kind of feel sorry for Nutt on this one, he thought he did the right thing but is lambasted from both sides.
Hoggy I smell a rat. Sounds like some "Jonesboro" mischief at work.

junkyardhog

While I think HDN is a goober for folding so quickly; whoever in the hell would pull their donations to cancer patients are worthless pieces of shti!!

Gman

I agree, Nutt has no nuts.  If it is true a few people complained and not an organization, why not tell them we are sorry, didn't mean to offend, but we need to do what is best for our team.  Nothing more would have been said about it.

Pigheaded

Only this coaching staff could become embroiled in a rediculous snafu like this and end up being rediculed all over the state of Arkansas and in the national media. Holy darn!

riccoar

I think it is a good thing Herring refused to comment.  I can only imagine what that would have sounded like.  Nutt should have ignored it.  How can you close practice and blame the media as the reason your closing it, which surely must have pissed Wally off, and cave to the PC crowd?

JD_85

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 06, 2005, 10:20:05 pm
Hoggy I smell a rat. Sounds like some "Jonesboro" mischief at work.

Please, don't start with that.

Big Papa Satan

PerryHog

Quote from: junkyardhog on April 06, 2005, 10:24:38 pm
While I think HDN is a goober for folding so quickly; whoever in the hell would pull their donations to cancer patients are worthless pieces of shti!!

I'm sure IF anyone pulled their contributions, they will check that decision now it's out the Komen org. had nothing to do with it.

Paragould wasn't it?

Lanny

Quote from: Slacker on April 06, 2005, 09:26:06 pm
Quote from: hSv on April 06, 2005, 09:20:26 pm

I agree with that statement hSv, but if he'd not have done SOMETHING, he'd have been grilled for NOT doing something. As the Godfather, Hoggysoprano said, he's getting it from both sides. Either choice he'd have made would have gotten him grilled.
I think this whole frickin thing is out of this world rediculous.

Go Hogs!

Who cares what the national media thinks, this is Arkansas ignore silly request and move forward.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HighOnHogs

Oh my god.  I thought these threads were some sort of joke.  What has Razorback sports come to.  Who cares what motivating tool they use on the field.  I swear people bitch just to bitch. 

Let the freakin coaches do what they get paid to do you bunch of whiney little [CENSORED]!

tophawg19

I don't think it's the pink as much as everyone is tired of all this P.C. bullship...you hear it at work ,on t,v .etc .everyones getting tired of having it rammed down their throats and told to like it .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

you have a lot of support for that . just not from the hill .don't offend others just the fans .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HogNole

I'm Irish.  Can I be offended by the QBs wearing the green jersey? 

Heaven forbid they wear rainbow tie-dyed! 

Pigheaded

Quote from: HighOnHogs on April 07, 2005, 07:58:33 am
Oh my god.  I thought these threads were some sort of joke.  What has Razorback sports come to.  Who cares what motivating tool they use on the field.  I swear people bitch just to bitch. 

Let the freakin coaches do what they get paid to do you bunch of whiney little [CENSORED]!

Geesus, it's all us whiney little [CENSORED] have to talk about. We sure as hell can't talk about contending for #1, or top 10 finishes, or winning a CONFERENCE championship, or winning an SECCG, or winning an SEC basketball tournament. We had our PINK jerseys and were INTIMIDATED into giving them up.

Let us be whiney little bittches in peace, OK? That's all we have to be proud of.

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Phil on April 07, 2005, 11:18:26 amLet us be whiney little bittches in peace, OK? That's all we have to be proud of.

Since you put it that way, carry on!  ;D

razor

Hoggy, where do you get your info that the complainer was somebody from N.E. Arkansas?

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: razor on April 07, 2005, 01:43:55 pm
Hoggy, where do you get your info that the complainer was somebody from N.E. Arkansas?

That's what Chuck said on his radio show yesterday.

razor

Hoggy, I have to wonder where he got his info. I think Chuck's great, but I've also noticed that he's always looking for a reason to make N.E. Arkansas,i.e., Arkansas State people look bad.

S.P.A.M. Hog

Yeah...Chuck said it was from a fan who's mother? was fighting cancer. He took offense because the coaches were using the color to show someone who was not tough or loafed. The "complainer's" point was these survivors or fighters of breast cancer are anything but soft. They are fighters, strong, determined and tough unlike the players that were wearing the pink jerseys. 

He also had Dudley E. Dawson on the show talking about the subject. Most of you are aware of Dudley's personal experience with cancer and he said it NEVER crossed his mind. He felt there was no connection between pink jerseys and the fight his wife fought and lost against cancer. He pretty much put it out there that it was silly to make any connection between the two.
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: razor on April 07, 2005, 02:27:55 pm
Hoggy, I have to wonder where he got his info. I think Chuck's great, but I've also noticed that he's always looking for a reason to make N.E. Arkansas,i.e., Arkansas State people look bad.

He got it from the SID.  And I think maybe even Houston himself. I don't think he was trying to make anyone look bad just say it as a matter of fact.

S.P.A.M. Hog

Quote from: razor on April 07, 2005, 02:27:55 pm

Chuck said he had it from a source. He said "This how it happened" right from the source. Lead me, at least, to think his source was someone either Nutt talked to about it or was in the decision to call off the pink.
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...