Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball Schedule Get's Tougher

Started by bomattingly, April 06, 2005, 02:46:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bomattingly

Hogs will play in the Maui Invitational November 21-23.  Here's the field:  Arkansas, Chaminade, Arizona, Connecticut, Gonzaga, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan St.

tophawg19

is this a double elimination tourny.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

gatecrasher

Quote from: bomattingly on April 06, 2005, 02:46:04 pm
Hogs will play in the Maui Invitational November 21-23. Here's the field: Arkansas, Chaminade, Arizona, Connecticut, Gonzaga, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan St.
Guess we'll find out real quick how good (or bad) we're gonna be huh?

V B Porkers

Biggus Piggus

If we plan this just right, we'll get two games against Chaminade!

Just kidding.
[CENSORED]!

Lando Calrissian

We might not win a game in this tourney, but it's definetely a step in the right direction.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 06, 2005, 03:46:43 pm
If we plan this just right, we'll get two games against Chaminade!

Just kidding.
That's what I was thinking ... dang you Biggus you always beat me to the punch.  Would you like to mentor me?

Biggus Piggus

If you seed this like a regular tournament, who gets top seed?

1. Gonzaga--returns five seniors + Adam Morrison, signed three strong recruits (including Jannero Pargo's brother)
2. Connecticut--loses Villanueva, signed three bigtime prospects
3. Michigan State--loses five seniors but returns three starters
4. Arizona--loses top two scorers, signed three stud perimeter players
5. Kansas--loses top three players, signed three monster studs
6. Maryland--returns everybody, signed one good forward
7. Arkansas--returns everybody, signed a coupla middling prospects
8. Chaminade--giggle

They won't be in the above order, probably go more by last year's finish.  Does that mean we get either Michigan State or Arizona in our first game?
[CENSORED]!

sooie dog

I bet we play Caminade in the first game. They are the host and I'm sure they like their chances against us compared to the rest.

gatecrasher

Quote from: sooie dog on April 06, 2005, 04:11:53 pm
I bet we play Caminade in the first game. They are the host and I'm sure they like their chances against us compared to the rest.
Remember when they toppled Ralph Sampson and the Cavs in the early '80's?  I think they beat Arizona in that same tournament a few years later.

CycloneHog

They announced this field several months ago.  I know it's been discussed on other Razorback message boards.

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: CycloneHog on April 06, 2005, 04:47:35 pm
They announced this field several months ago. I know it's been discussed on other Razorback message boards.
The this is the updated version of the tourney ... I believe UNC was originally on there too.

Biggus Piggus

We're lucky to be in a field like that one, and it is a huge opportunity.
[CENSORED]!

hawkeyefan17

Glad to see the schedule get a little tougher. We will get to see them a lot early as all the games will be on ESPN or ESPN 2.

I have heard that North Carolina will be in the Guardians Cllassic with Syracuse, Iowa, Kentucky plus a bunch of smaller schools, designed to get the above four to the final four in Kansas City.

Chaminade did beat Villanova in the first round of the Maui two years ago.

hawkeyefan17

Texas will be in the Guardians Classic not North Carolina, just had to correct myself, sorry

Kevin

1 and 2 at the tournament, two blow outs
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tophawg19

we could easily start 0/2 but the players will have a good tan . ;D ;D ;D

El Dog Hog

If they played Mich State, I would just like to be there to follow stan around, to see how he reacts. On one hand, its a great chance to not only beat the guy that got him started, but to also showcase his team in a big time tourney. But on the other hand, Izzo is responsible for Stans career to a certain extent. He has alot of respect for him, and also won a national championship with him. It would be a very emotional game, but also a game that I think Stan needs to win. He needs that one big time win to show everyone we are back. We came really close against bama, stsate, and Kentucky. But at the same time, thats the difference between being a NIT team, and a NCAA tourney team. I think I feel like everyone else and need some time to get through this last year, but when midnight madness comes, we'll be ready.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: CycloneHog on April 06, 2005, 04:47:35 pm
They announced this field several months ago. I know it's been discussed on other Razorback message boards.

I know it was discussed on this one last summer, before it was on any other message boards.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas also is trying to schedule four or five other games against likely top 50 opponents.  Kinda overkill after all the flak Heath took (rightfully so) last season.
[CENSORED]!

tophawg19

when will the official schedule be out is it not set 1or2years in advance like in football .

gatecrasher

When will the 05-06 basketball schedule be released in its entirity?

bknight33

That is the best lineup the Maui classic has had since they invoked the new rule limiting the amount of pre season tournaments a team could participate in (every so often).  Are the Hogs going to play Texas Tech next year?

Extra Point

Schedules don't come out till the summer.  Usually a few dates need to be finalized.

Buck Ocean

Quotebut the players will have a good tan

ideal for Charles Thomas and Rashard Sullivan

So guys, whats Stan gonna wear?  The flowered Maui print? The off-white bowling shirt? the straw hat with the colored band?

**You know I cant remember if Nolan wore the red boots with kaki shorts in Hawaii.
Think like a Jedi

Gman

Arkansas vs. Michigan State, first game.  They have to play each other, too much of a story there.

gatecrasher

Quote from: georgejl on April 07, 2005, 02:52:44 pm
Arkansas vs. Michigan State, first game. They have to play each other, too much of a story there.
Is that official?