Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Masters Week...& the Winner Is?

Started by Mr A Ziffell, April 06, 2005, 08:40:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr A Ziffell

Well it's Masters weekend...Who do you guys think will be the winner?
My thought is either Els or Lehman....Of course I'd like to see the new Hooter's Boy take it though. ;)

bknight33

Vijay Singh, Lee Westwood, and Mike Weir are my favorites. 

bknight33

Razorback Jedi

I think a young'un is going to win it. Not sure who, but someone that's been on the tour for less than 5 years.

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Swino

hogslobber

I was in Las Vegas this past weekend.

Bought David Toms at 10-1.

Bought Goosen at 12-1.

Mr A Ziffell

bknight33

junkyardhog

I would be happy to see Arnold make the cut! ::)

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: hogslobber on April 06, 2005, 11:09:55 am
I was in Las Vegas this past weekend.

Bought David Toms at 10-1.

Bought Goosen at 12-1.

How much did you put down on them? Goosen is a SOLID buy.

I'M EMBARRASSED

Adam Scott is the young one to watch out for.  Vijay is the likely winner, in my opinion.

Mr A Ziffell

Quote from: hogsrus5 on April 06, 2005, 03:22:23 pm
Adam Scott is the young one to watch out for. Vijay is the likely winner, in my opinion.

At least U have an opinion..RazorRichard has his golf digest out, that he borrowed btw, by his toliet trying to handicap the dang thing... :-\

Brett Hitman Hog

I'm going with Jasper Parnevik ... only because he should get some good karma for hooking up Tiger with his hot Swedish wife ... that deservers a Green Jacket or two.

Mr A Ziffell

Quote from: junkyardhog on April 06, 2005, 01:17:55 pm
I would be happy to see Arnold make the cut! ::)

Well I'm gonna give it my best shot...& I thank you for Ur support!!!

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Brett Hitman Hog on April 06, 2005, 04:03:00 pm
I'm going with Jasper Parnevik ... only because he should get some good karma for hooking up Tiger with his hot Swedish wife ... that deservers a Green Jacket or two.
I don't know if that is good or not. Since he met the Sizzling Swede his game has totally gone to crap ;). Of course it may have something to do with dumping his coach. Alll kidding aside, if Tiger is on at Augusta, everyone else is playing for second. Phil likely will not win two in a row. So I pick Tiger, Ernie, or Vejay. Now that is stepping out on a limb.  ;D
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: PorcineSublime on April 06, 2005, 04:26:30 pm
I don't know if that is good or not. Since he met the Sizzling Swede his game has totally gone to crap ;). Of course it may have something to do with dumping his coach. Alll kidding aside, if Tiger is on at Augusta, everyone else is playing for second. Phil likely will not win two in a row. So I pick Tiger, Ernie, or Vejay. Now that is stepping out on a limb. ;D
Well now the honeymoon is over so Tiger won't be as exhausted this year.  I'm sure he will be back on the top of his game ... he should be pretty tough again this year.

Porquemada

Porquemada

Quote from: drakehog on April 06, 2005, 11:01:40 am
This is Padraig Harrington's time.
Paddy's cousin, Dan Harrington, is a former World Series of Poker winner.

Mr A Ziffell

Quote from: razorback4life on April 06, 2005, 10:17:37 pm
Quote from: PorcineSublime on April 06, 2005, 04:26:30 pm
Phil likely will not win two in a row. So I pick Tiger, Ernie, or Vejay. Now that is stepping out on a limb. ;D

Ok, I tell you what. Lets make this interesting.........I will take Phi and let you have Tiger, Ernie AND Vejay, but you have to give me 3 strokes. Loser buys dinner, what do you say? :o
2 strokes & ur done...

WindyCityHog

Word is....and I don't know if it's true....but Parnevik left his golf clubs at home....Yikes :D

I'm pulling for Daly....but I like Lehman too....The Masters is the best golf tourney by FAR....and one of the very few I'll actually watch on TV.

Illinihog

Last I heard yesterday, Jesper forgot his clubs.

S.P.A.M. Hog

I will pull for Daly and Tag. I will root for anyone EXCEPT Tiger! It is not that I don't like Tiger....I just enjoy watching others play and ALL they show is Tiger! Phil will not win! He still has the Choklahoma syndrome.
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

S.P.A.M. Hog

Nope....one good year does not make a career. He has a huge history of choking. A small history of winning. That is the point. I like Phil, I root for him to win ALL THE TIME....he just does not follow through. I would equate it to being a Cubs fan....always second. But since I am NOT A CUBS FAN, I would not know exactly how that feels. :-*
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

S.P.A.M. Hog

I follow golf....How many MAJOR events has Mr Phil won? That is my point! If you are not smart enough to remeber the title that he had for a number of years....you know the one...THE GREATEST GOLFER TO NOT WIN A MAJOR. That is the point. :P :-*

The new era has begun...

gatecrasher

Quote from: Mr A Ziffell on April 06, 2005, 08:40:24 am
Well it's Masters weekend...Who do you guys think will be the winner?
My thought is either Els or Lehman....Of course I'd like to see the new Hooter's Boy take it though. ;)
Right now the first round leader is....the RAIN!

S.P.A.M. Hog

Quote from: razorback4life on April 07, 2005, 09:54:20 am
You are seriously beyond reason.....Sam Snead won 7 majors, but could never win the US Open. On top of that it took him 27, thats right 27 tour victories before he ever won a major. If we had been having this discusion about Sam then, just think about how your point of veiw would have turned out.

Where in the hell did that come from? I thought we were talking about Phil? Not Sam. The only think I said was Phil has a history of not winning the big ones over the course of his career. Sorry that you are a super Phil fan and he is the light of your life. I don't think he will win because he has a history of not winning the big, pressure filled, historic tournaments.....That's my OPINION.....live with it.

There are a lot of great golfers out there that don't win the big ones or have one very few...................I didn't say they weren't good golfers. I said specifically....PHIL HAS A HISTORY OF CHOCKING.

The new era has begun...

S.P.A.M. Hog

Quote from: razorback4life on April 07, 2005, 10:38:26 am
Quote from: Hogfanjr on April 07, 2005, 10:30:35 am
You are seriously beyond reason.....Sam Snead won 7 majors, but could never win the US Open. On top of that it took him 27, thats right 27 tour victories before he ever won a major. If we had been having this discusion about Sam then, just think about how your point of veiw would have turned out.

I didn't say he was not a fine golfer....he is. I just made the point that over his career he has not won the big ones on a consistent basis. He has had a good career so far and will continue to have a good career. Sorry....didn't mean to flame you about Phil. 

Where in the hell did that come from? I thought we were talking about Phil? Not Sam. The only think I said was Phil has a history of not winning the big ones over the course of his career. Sorry that you are a super Phil fan and he is the light of your life. I don't think he will win because he has a history of not winning the big, pressure filled, historic tournaments.....That's my OPINION.....live with it.

There are a lot of great golfers out there that don't win the big ones or have one very few...................I didn't say they weren't good golfers. I said specifically....PHIL HAS A HISTORY OF CHOCKING.

Fine, I will just drop it. I am not a super Phil fan, I like to watch Phil play, but you have to give him credit for what he has accomplished "his way". You said: "one good year does not make a career", I was just trying to get you to realize that winning 26 tour victories is a hell of a career for anyone, especially now.

The new era has begun...

junkyardhog

Quote from: razorback4life on April 07, 2005, 10:38:26 am
Quote from: Hogfanjr on April 07, 2005, 10:30:35 am

Fine, I will just drop it. I am not a super Phil fan, I like to watch Phil play, but you have to give him credit for what he has accomplished "his way". You said: "one good year does not make a career", I was just trying to get you to realize that winning 26 tour victories is a hell of a career for anyone, especially now.

I don't want to get in the middle of this :) , but many would argue "doing it his way" is what has caused a good golfer to not be 'great'.

Mr A Ziffell

Flatfoot

I have a prediction that El Nino will win it in a playoff.  Sergio will finally find a way to get the green jacket.  I also think JD will have a good week and finish in the top 10.  With the rain and slower greens it will help the big hitters.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

junkyardhog

Is it me or is this the toughest Master's ever??  Those greens would make me not want to EVER play golf again.