Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Info please

Started by hillhog, November 02, 2007, 08:45:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hillhog

Someone please let those of us out of touch, what is the BB team doing tonight?
I am in Texas, couldn't be at the game.

ballinhog

mclyte

Quote from: hillhog on November 02, 2007, 08:45:42 pm

The John Pelphrey era got off to a good start...  This team and style of play reminds me a lot of Florida the past two years.  It is hard to judge a team in the preseason but I think you can make a strong case that this team will be a force this year.  They HUSTLE, HUSTLE, HUSTLE....  I have never seen the Razorbacks hustle like this since I don't know when!!!  They were also very unselfish tonight!  Distributed the ball all around the floor... Michael Washington is going to be a star folks...  This style of play will fit him perfectly and he showed it tonight!  He is so lean and athletic and is perfect for the press...  He looks like he has picked up from the end of last year...  Ladies and Gentlemen, Get your popcorn ready!!!  This is going to be a fun year!

pimphog

I was very impressed with the kid from Georgia as well...............by the way........did anyone see the dunk Charles Thomas had over 2 defenders.........it was freakin awesome............just jammed it over em......... :P

mclyte

I agree... Patsa is a player!  Everyone is talking about how we are going to be down next year, but I am not sure about it...  I think Patsa, Sanchez, and Britt are going to step in and be ok!  Thomas absolutely dunked on that guy... I am excited! 

Pignominious

From my vantage point we dominated in all aspects of the game.  It was really a lot of fun.  We pressed all game long and we forced like 30 some odd turnovers.  We completely outclassed them and it was obvious.  There was a stretch in the 2nd half when we just laid it on them we went from about 64 points to 90 in a few minutes. 

In my opinion the team looks a lot faster and much scrappier.  Thomas looks like he has gotten even more athletic over the offseason.  He actually blocked a couple of shots and straight up tomahawked on a defender.  Our pressure was everywhere and we made them extremely uncomfortable the whole game. 

Individually I was impressed with Washington, Patsa, Britt, Beverley and Welsh.  Everyone else looked pretty solid or about par for the course. 

Mainly it just looked like the team was motivated and in shape.  They looked like they were having fun.  Its going to be a fun season thats for sure.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

pimphog

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on November 02, 2007, 09:23:07 pm
From my vantage point we dominated in all aspects of the game.  It was really a lot of fun.  We pressed all game long and we forced like 30 some odd turnovers.  We completely outclassed them and it was obvious.  There was a stretch in the 2nd half when we just laid it on them we went from about 64 points to 90 in a few minutes. 

In my opinion the team looks a lot faster and much scrappier.  Thomas looks like he has gotten even more athletic over the offseason.  He actually blocked a couple of shots and straight up tomahawked on a defender.  Our pressure was everywhere and we made them extremely uncomfortable the whole game. 

Individually I was impressed with Washington, Patsa, Britt, Beverley and Welsh.  Everyone else looked pretty solid or about par for the course. 

Mainly it just looked like the team was motivated and in shape.  They looked like they were having fun.  Its going to be a fun season thats for sure.

their team did look uncomfortable all night........it was awesome to see that...........i am so freakin excited about basketball...........the team had a great time tonight.......you could see it on the court and the bench.........

slopinhogs

washington wqas the man of the game 23 points 10 rebounds and he never quit hustling.

i think weems set out the second half because of the score and Britt needed some time as well as Pat. Briit and Welch and Ervin all handled the point well.

the dunk was awesome and there were a couple more that were fair as well. sanchez didn't score a lot tonight but played good defence.

pat. was 3 of 4 on threes anbd ended with 9 points. weems had a couple welch had a couple

shot 45 percent for the three but more inpressive 75% from the foul stipe.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

mclyte

Quote from: slopinhogs on November 02, 2007, 09:34:22 pm
washington wqas the man of the game 23 points 10 rebounds and he never quit hustling.

i think weems set out the second half because of the score and Britt needed some time as well as Pat. Briit and Welch and Ervin all handled the point well.

the dunk was awesome and there were a couple more that were fair as well. sanchez didn't score a lot tonight but played good defence.

pat. was 3 of 4 on threes anbd ended with 9 points. weems had a couple welch had a couple

Weems had a slight pulled hammy... Nothing serious but no sense in risking him. 

I also thought Sanchez looked good...  He makes everyone else better.  His basketball IQ is very high.  He will be a Shane Battier type player.

pimphog

Quote from: mclyte on November 02, 2007, 09:41:39 pm

I also thought Sanchez looked good...  He makes everyone else better.  His basketball IQ is very high.  He will be a Shane Battier type player.

i had no idea Sanchez was that thick.......the dud is way bigger than I thought...........they need to beef him up a little more.........how tall is he anyway?

Adam Stokes

Quote from: pimphog on November 02, 2007, 09:43:35 pm
Quote from: mclyte on November 02, 2007, 09:41:39 pm

i had no idea Sanchez was that thick.......the dud is way bigger than I thought...........they need to beef him up a little more.........how tall is he anyway?

6'8" 231

hogchick26

It was an awesome game. Townes looks slimmer, Washington was THE MAN, Sanchez will be a force as well. Very unselfish play! I'm excited for the bball year!
It's a new day in Razorback Nation! Go Hogs!

jschulte

Man, that crowd after that technical was great.  It was quite an exciting game for preseason.  Every player looks REAL motivated and focused.    As long as they keep this up, there is no stopping them.

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: mclyte on November 02, 2007, 09:07:57 pm
Quote from: hillhog on November 02, 2007, 08:45:42 pm

The John Pelphrey era got off to a good start...  This team and style of play reminds me a lot of Florida the past two years.  It is hard to judge a team in the preseason but I think you can make a strong case that this team will be a force this year.  They HUSTLE, HUSTLE, HUSTLE....  I have never seen the Razorbacks hustle like this since I don't know when!!!  They were also very unselfish tonight!  Distributed the ball all around the floor... Michael Washington is going to be a star folks...  This style of play will fit him perfectly and he showed it tonight!  He is so lean and athletic and is perfect for the press...  He looks like he has picked up from the end of last year...  Ladies and Gentlemen, Get your popcorn ready!!!  This is going to be a fun year!

Good writeup - I'd echo that.  This was definitely the most exciting team to watch we've had in a while; it was shocking at first, and took some getting re-used to.  But fastbreak, uptempo Hogball is back albeit with a Kentuckyesque twist.  The offense looked very crisp, and defense seemed to play hard, but not sloppy.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient