Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nolan Richardson

Started by claycohog, November 01, 2007, 10:04:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Since the football field is going to be named after Broyles who thinks the BB court should be named after Nolan?

It should be named after Nolan
363 (73.2%)
It should not be named after Nolan
133 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 450

claycohog

mopork

It should be done.  Hopefully Jeff Long will have the stones to do it.

Chad In Real Life

c'mon he's the only one that actually won a REAL national championship
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

budcampbellfan

November 01, 2007, 10:08:05 am #3 Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:10:19 am by budcampbellfan
Not til Nolan publicly apologizes like he publicly threw a fit.  Then I'm ok with it.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

MysticHog

Nolan built that arena, it should have his name on it.

Tripod1

He made public remarks he needs to apologize for before naming the court after him.  Then I would be all for it.

The Marmot

Quote from: budcampbellfan on November 01, 2007, 10:08:05 am
Not til Nolan publicly apologizes like he publicly threw a fit.  Then I'm ok with it.

Thank you. +1
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The Marmot

Quote from: MysticHog on November 01, 2007, 10:09:53 am

Bud Walton built that arena. Thats why his name is on it.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

MysticHog

Quote from: The Marmot on November 01, 2007, 10:11:15 am

If Nolan would of asked for the money Bud would of paid for all of it instead of half of it. Without Nolan none of it would of happened.

Hollywood_HOGan45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyitFk1ONrE

oh yeah
name it after Nolan. He helped build the bud barn.

grayhawg

The Nolan Richardson Basketball Court at Bud Walton Arena. A little long. you think? Frank Broyles Field at Reynolds Razorback Stadium is a Dumb azz idea. You can't say either one in one breath. :puke: :puke: :puke:

blue

Ta Da

The Marmot

Quote from: MysticHog on November 01, 2007, 10:12:13 am

If Nolan would of asked for the money Bud would of paid for all of it instead of half of it. Without Nolan none of it would of happened.

I guess you talked to Bud about that?

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

dacskc

Did anyone ever apologize to Nolan for the crap he took? Just sayin'...don't judge somebody til' you walk in his shoes...he probably had a lot of pent up stuff that made him do what he did. I can over-look that. Should he have done it? No. Was he justified in his feelings? Probably.

Razorpimpin01

[/quote

What did Nolan say that wasn't true? That he was treated differently than other coaches? Boy, that's a stretch.

MysticHog

Quote from: The Marmot on November 01, 2007, 10:14:28 am

I guess you don't know the difference between common knowledge or anything else as far as that goes. Just what do you bring to the board?

MJ2

Yes.  Do it now.   He deserves a big celebration and give him his due!!!

Call Mr. Sow

Actually, what I really want to see is a huge Nolan statue inside the BAC, but that's really more about sticking it to Frank than honoring Nolan.

The Marmot

Quote from: MysticHog on November 01, 2007, 10:17:12 am

I guess you don't know the difference between common knowledge or anything else as far as that goes. Just what do you bring to the board?

Common knowledge??? How the F is that common knowledge???

Don't spout stuff like its fact unless it is.... and what you said ain't fact, its pure speculation and hypothetical.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

gcraise1

I say he doesnt need to apologize, by looking at whats going on currently I am believing more and more that ole Nolan was telling the truth about how he was treated and the Dork was treated.

And yes he should have the court named after him, so far to date he is the only won who outright won a national championship.

grayhawg

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on November 01, 2007, 10:18:50 am
Actually, what I really want to see is a huge Nolan statue inside the BAC, but that's really more about sticking it to Frank than honoring Nolan.
That I would support.

havok

Quote from: Tripod1 on November 01, 2007, 10:09:55 am
He made public remarks he needs to apologize for before naming the court after him.  Then I would be all for it.

A year ago I would have agreed....but inlight of the total unethical, and lack of intergrity from Frank, Dork and the powers... I feel more sympathetic to Coach Richardson and wht he saw and endured...  I am willing to give him a pass....as long as he shows that he loves the fans..

The Marmot

I'm good as long as there is room for other statues when we win future championships... Nolan did great things here but he is not the end-all in Razorback basketball.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

MysticHog

Quote from: The Marmot on November 01, 2007, 10:19:30 am

Don't spout stuff like its fact unless it is.... and what you said ain't fact, its pure speculation and hypothetical.

Can you not even read?  I watch the post you make and you are just out here trying to cause some trouble Jr.  When the money was brought in from Bud and Frank told Nolan that Bud was paying for half Nolan told Frank "If you had let me ask He would of paid for the whole thing".  Looke it up, you can find it in the ADG archives.

claycohog

Just think if your boss constantly tried to set you up for failure.  I believe most of us would break at some point.  The only difference is that Nolan had cameras in his face most of the time when he spoke publicly.

MysticHog

Quote from: The Marmot on November 01, 2007, 10:22:05 am

I'm good as long as there is room for other statues when we win future championships... Nolan did great things here but he is not the end-all in Razorback basketball.

Who is then?  What coach has taken Arkansas to the final four three times and won a national title? 

The Marmot

Quote from: MysticHog on November 01, 2007, 10:22:41 am

Can you not even read?  I watch the post you make and you are just out here trying to cause some trouble Jr.  When the money was brought in from Bud and Frank told Nolan that Bud was paying for half Nolan told Frank "If you had let me ask He would of paid for the whole thing".  Looke it up, you can find it in the ADG archives.

Obviously you dont read what I post... or you just cant understand them.

You're the one over in NFL stirring up stuff betting Cowboy fans on the GB game, Boy.

And as for as the little quip you quoted... how in the HELL does Nolan know if Bud would have paid for it all?? You give too much credit to the speculation of those you respect.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Dr Swineglove

Hopefully a new era is beginning - up till now, however, Nolan is/was definitely the pinnacle of Razorback success in a major sport. 

IMO, Nolan should be honored, and I think Pel and Long are the kind of men who will make it happen.  That said, Nolan should clarify/apologise for the outbursts that got him fired.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

The Marmot

Quote from: MysticHog on November 01, 2007, 10:24:27 am

Who is then?  What coach has taken Arkansas to the final four three times and won a national title? 

NO ONE is!!

The program will prosper and survive long after any coach that we have. Nolan is the most accomplished coach so far, but, just like we are clamoring to be better in football, most of us still have hope and expectations that another coach will accomplish bigger and better things here.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Tripod1

Quote from: dacskc on November 01, 2007, 10:15:47 am
Did anyone ever apologize to Nolan for the crap he took? Just sayin'...don't judge somebody til' you walk in his shoes...he probably had a lot of pent up stuff that made him do what he did. I can over-look that. Should he have done it? No. Was he justified in his feelings? Probably.

For the money these big time coaches make, they just need tougher skin.  I cannot feel sorry for him or anyone who makes a million plus just for coaching a sports team.  They can get a real job as far as I am concerned if they think they are being treated unfairly.

MysticHog

Quote from: The Marmot on November 01, 2007, 10:28:37 am

Can you not even read?  I watch the post you make and you are just out here trying to cause some trouble Jr.  When the money was brought in from Bud and Frank told Nolan that Bud was paying for half Nolan told Frank "If you had let me ask He would of paid for the whole thing".  Looke it up, you can find it in the ADG archives.

You're the one over in NFL stirring up stuff betting Cowboy fans on the GB game, Boy.

And as for as the little quip you quoted... how in the HELL does Nolan know if Bud would have paid for it all?? You give too much credit to the speculation of those you respect.

Profanity is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself.  Can you not type on paragraph without using it?  For that answer on how Nolan knew this you might want to ask him.  I do not understand why some people like yourself show such little respect for Nolan.  Bud Walton arena and the tiles inside echo his name every time I walk in the place.

The Marmot

Quote from: MysticHog on November 01, 2007, 10:34:57 am
Quote from: The Marmot on November 01, 2007, 10:28:37 am

Profanity is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself.  Can you not type on paragraph without using it?  For that answer on how Nolan knew this you might want to ask him.  I do not understand why some people like yourself show such little respect for Nolan.  Bud Walton arena and the tiles inside echo his name every time I walk in the place.

I apologize for the veiled profanity... I generally dont use it, but for some reason I'm worked up this morning.

As for the answer from Nolan, you made my point... don't try and use facts that aren't true facts. BWA exists b/c of Bud Waltons donation, and in some part to Broyles asking and Nolans coaching.

As far as Nolan... I have nothing but respect for what he did here as a coach, and the mid-90s were the best times I've had as a Hog fan. But he really let me down with his apparent apathy near the end and the way he handled himself. IMO, there were things going on in the background that he shouldnt have had to deal with, but I dont know that for sure and I can only go off what I saw from Nolan publicly at the end, which was not good.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

grayhawg

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on November 01, 2007, 10:31:08 am
Quote from: grayhawg on November 01, 2007, 10:12:47 am
The Nolan Richardson Basketball Court at Bud Walton Arena. A little long. you think? Frank Broyles Field at Reynolds Razorback Stadium is a Dumb azz idea. You can't say either one in one breath. :puke: :puke: :puke:

You need to get in better shape.
Ouch! lol

Bama Hog™

November 01, 2007, 10:46:26 am #33 Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:49:39 am by Bama Hog
Quote from: Chad In Real Life on November 01, 2007, 10:07:56 am
c'mon he's the only one that actually won a REAL national championship

True!
1964 Football NC:
Alabama (AP)(UPI) 10-1 Lost Orange Paul "Bear" Bryant
Arkansas (FWAA)(H) 11-0 Won Cotton Frank Broyles

Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

Bama Hog™

Agree with grayhawg Nolan Richardson Court at Bud Walton Area and FB field at RR stadium, geeze. Where does it end?

If we hire Jimmy J as HC, to pay him will he have to legally change his name to "Walker Reynolds Walton Jimmy Johnson Head Coach"

MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

chuckinss

It should NOT be named after him.  I loved Nolan, loved his teams, BUT he SUED the university for heaven sakes!!  He "called out" the university at the end and he left on bad terms.  You don't name something after someone who threatens to "bring in the tanks."  Good Grief!!

JHGiunta

Quote from: grayhawg on November 01, 2007, 10:12:47 am

You must have very small lungs!

MysticHog

Quote from: chuckinss on November 01, 2007, 10:55:13 am
It should NOT be named after him.  I loved Nolan, loved his teams, BUT he SUED the university for heaven sakes!!  He "called out" the university at the end and he left on bad terms.  You don't name something after someone who threatens to "bring in the tanks."  Good Grief!!

The only wrong with him suing is that he didn't win. It's obvious to most that Nolan was telling the truth.

budcampbellfan

called people "turds", teams quit on him.  Bad mouthed the city and area.  destroyed his own recruiting.  Said, "they can have this job, show me the money".  
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Bama Hog™

Frank's fault.

Bama Hog™

Quote from: budcampbellfan on November 01, 2007, 10:59:57 am
called people "turds", teams quit on him.  Bad mouthed the city and area.  destroyed his own recruiting.  Said, "they can have this job, show me the money".  

See Frank.

Fatty McGee

Destroyed his own recruiting?  Andre Igoudala was coming in the year he left.  That's not a bad catch.

How is any of the above any different or worse than what Broyles or Nutt has said?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

claycohog

He called the media turds, not the fans.  The Bac and the media put a spin on what he said.  What?  Spin?  It can't be.

The Marmot

Quote from: Bama Hog on November 01, 2007, 11:02:31 am

See Frank.

Frank caused him to badmouth the fans and the area, and become bad at recruiting?

I think Broyles may have caused alot of heartache for Nolan, which is bad.... but I also think Nolan had his own issues seperate from Broyles.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Fatty McGee

How did he badmouth the fans and area any worse than John White, Frank Broyles, and Houston Nutt have?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

The Marmot

Quote from: Fatty McGee on November 01, 2007, 11:06:32 am
How did he badmouth the fans and area any worse than John White, Frank Broyles, and Houston Nutt have?

And it will be good when they are gone... whats your point?

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Bama Hog™

November 01, 2007, 11:10:29 am #46 Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 11:13:42 am by Bama Hog
Quote from: The Marmot on November 01, 2007, 11:05:52 am
Quote from: Bama Hog on November 01, 2007, 11:02:31 am

See Frank.

Frank caused him to badmouth the fans and the area, and become bad at recruiting?

I think Broyles may have caused alot of heartache for Nolan, which is bad.... but I also think Nolan had his own issues seperate from Broyles.

Agree. Nolan was pissed. Spoke out of arse. See Frank.

budcampbellfan

This is an argument for honoring the guy?  Fuzzy thinking here.

claycohog

We are honoring Frank Broyles, the most self-centered person I have ever encountered.  He is also training his protege to be just like him.  Yes, the man we are trying to get rid of.  Yet we are honoring the one and only Frank Broyles.  RIDICULOUS!

secfan30

He did apologize. The very next game he Coached he was on the radio and apologized during the after game broadcast.