Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

your predictions

Started by razorbackjapan, November 01, 2007, 08:55:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackjapan

there are 30 regular season games.  what will the Hogs final record be?

I'm saying 13-1 non-conference and 11-5 conference  for 24-6 overall

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: razorbackjapan on November 01, 2007, 08:55:12 am
there are 30 regular season games.  what will the Hogs final record be?

I'm saying 13-1 non-conference and 11-5 conference  for 24-6 overall

who do you think we lose to in the non SEC season?

HogsGoneWild

I say 12-4 in conference, ( loses to Tenn, Miss St., Kentucky, Alabama) perfect through non-conference which puts us at 26-4, number 7 in the nation, but only getting a number 3 seed because we will not come perpared to play and lose our first game in the SEC Tourney which will help us refocus for a run in the Big Dance.

Hogtropolis™

14-0 non-conference.

12-4 in conference with losses at LSU, at Tenn, at Kentucky, and at Ole Miss which is good enough for 1st in the SECW.

3-0 in SECT to win the SEC Championship against Kentucky to get revenge for the loss earlier in the season.

Total record of 29-4 which will be good enough for at least a #2 seed in the NCAAT and probably even a #1 seed.

I know that is very optimistic, but I don't really see why it can't happen.

dotnet

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on November 01, 2007, 02:34:28 pm
14-0 non-conference.

12-4 in conference with losses at LSU, at Tenn, at Kentucky, and at Ole Miss which is good enough for 1st in the SECW.

3-0 in SECT to win the SEC Championship against Kentucky to get revenge for the loss earlier in the season.

Total record of 29-4 which will be good enough for at least a #2 seed in the NCAAT and probably even a #1 seed.

I know that is very optimistic, but I don't really see why it can't happen.

I think the SECT would have a huge effect on 1-3 seeds.  14-0 won't get us any points concerning seeding because of the lack of competition.  Other quality teams will have played better competition. 

I see 12-4 with loses to Miss. St, Tenn, Georgia, and Bama.  I think we end up being a 3-4 seed.

Hollywood_HOGan45

our toughest game in the pre SEC season will probably be OKlahoma.

I think we have better players than them and i believe we will have much better guards than them but they will be improved and they have 6-10 5* Blake Griffin coming in for them.

Plus it will be our first true road game.
Definitly think that is a game we can win and should win.

go hogs go!

razorhead94

November 01, 2007, 05:07:05 pm #6 Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 05:25:51 pm by razorhead94
I'll say we go 13-1 in non-conference....dont know which game we will lose but I'm just putting that in there for an off night.  I think we will go 12-4 in conference and will be a #4 seed in the South region.

Go hogs!
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

yocdaddy

12-2 non-conference and 11-5 conference.  We will be 23-7 heading into the SEC Tournament.  We'll get a bye, win a couple, and lose in the finals.  We will 25-8 heading into the NCAA Tournament with a #4 seed.  We'll make it to the Sweet 16 where Kansas (#1 seed) beats us.  How's that?
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: yocdaddy on November 01, 2007, 05:26:20 pm
12-2 non-conference and 11-5 conference.  We will be 23-7 heading into the SEC Tournament.  We'll get a bye, win a couple, and lose in the finals.  We will 25-8 heading into the NCAA Tournament with a #4 seed.  We'll make it to the Sweet 16 where Kansas (#1 seed) beats us.  How's that?

sure hope we dont drop two in the pre SEC season.

chiefsfan

11-5 SEC

13-1 Non conference  (Loss to either Missouri or OU)

2-1 SECT

26-7  overall

#4 seed in the NCAA's and a first round site at Alltel...wouldnt that be fun
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: chiefsfan on November 01, 2007, 05:48:19 pm
11-5 SEC

2-1 SECT

26-7  overall

dang i really hope if we drop a game in the pre SEC season, it wont be to Mizzou or OKlahoma.

i cannot stand losing to oklahoma especially

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 01, 2007, 05:52:17 pm
11-5 SEC

2-1 SECT

26-7  overall

dang i really hope if we drop a game in the pre SEC season, it wont be to Mizzou or OKlahoma.

only other realistic option would be the Baylor game, or in that 3 game tournament.   Missouri is our toughest nonconferene game this year by far.   OU plays very well at home...  ORU isnt a slouch either...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: chiefsfan on November 01, 2007, 05:54:06 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 01, 2007, 05:52:17 pm
11-5 SEC

2-1 SECT

26-7  overall

only other realistic option would be the Baylor game, or in that 3 game tournament.   Missouri is our toughest nonconferene game this year by far.   OU plays very well at home...  ORU isnt a slouch either...

ORU will be okay but they lost Caleb Green and Ken Tutt. They may be in reloading mode. We should take them.

Mizzou will be pretty tough but we get them at home and thats a revenge type game. Tough game nonetheless.

If we're as good as we're supposed to be this year I think we'll beat oklahoma even at their place. Thats a huge game. You are right they usually play very well at home but thats a game we should win if we play like we can.

razorbackjapan

The one non conference loss will come early.  My guess is in the tournament.  i think they still need to get used to pelphreys system and we'll see them struggle at times to do so.  old habits die hard. But I think they'll be ready to roll come Ncaa tourney.  I am optimistic we can see the elite 8 this year...if we are lucky..maybe further.  Go hogs!

RedSatinHog

I see at least 3 teams in the PR tourney alone that can beat us in the non-conference schedule.  College of Charleston is a solid mid-major.  That trip won't be easy.

I also see Appy State as being better than we expect going in.  I'm not saying we'll lose to them in NLR, but they will give us plenty to deal with.

I can see losing about 5-6 in conference, an overall record of about 23-7 and an NCAAT bid.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd