Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sporting News Ranks Patrick Beverley #6 overall shooting Guard in college.

Started by TRUHOG718, October 31, 2007, 09:36:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TRUHOG718

Thats a huge nod for Beverley. Pel calls em "paper championships",  and we sure are killing a lot of trees this preseason. WPS  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:   :razorback:  :razorback: 

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=281474

In case you still were searching, you can find him here. Drew Neitzel, I mean. You can call him a point guard all you want, and certainly that'll be the position he'll ultimately play professionally, but he spent last year playing primarily as a shooting guard for Michigan State. So until further notice, he's a shooting guard. And a pretty doggone good one.

There are other players on this list who handle the ball quite a bit, specifically Mississippi State's Jamont Gordon and Arkansas' Patrick Beverley. But none lately has been a point guard in the traditional sense.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

booogaga

awesome. if he stays another year ( i think he wont ) he will be rankedeven higher.
GO HOGS!

alaback

I think what's even more impressive about that list is that 3 of the top 6 are SEC guards.  What does that say about the level of guard play in league?

PBev must have really done something special at the under 19s to be getting this much national love because he really didn't finish very well in the SEC and NCAA tourney.  Word is that he was the best player on a team that included future top 5 pick Michael Beasley.  Bev averaged almost 14 a game last year.  Maybe he could get 18 to 19 this year putting in the top 2 or 3.  Lofton will likely win the scoring crown this year, but Bev is ahead of same major names like Ellington and AJ Abhrams.

I can't wait to see what he's got this year.  I'm sure he's bigger and stronger.

pimphog

Quote from: booogaga on October 31, 2007, 11:09:50 am
awesome. if he stays another year ( i think he wont ) he will be rankedeven higher.

that brings up a good question.........how long do you think Bev will stay?  I hope he stays all 4 years, but people are seeing now what a good ball player he is...

earshot

I think he is a great college player. I also think he should stay at least until his Jr year.

6-1 180ibs shooting guard is a little small for the NBA. He needs to develop into a point guard or just be a phenomenal scorer. At that size you are competing with 6-6 to 6-9 type players.

booogaga

every team in the NBA has a pg/sg that is in the 6-1 180 pound range. i am tired of hearing that. go to nba.com and see for yourself.
GO HOGS!