Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steven Hill?

Started by littledel, October 31, 2007, 09:25:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

littledel

How did he do in the Red/White game. What about the rest of the players. And who do you think the starters will be for the opening game?

TRUHOG718

Quote from: littledel on October 31, 2007, 09:25:47 am
How did he do in the Red/White game. What about the rest of the players. And who do you think the starters will be for the opening game?

Unless I missed something he looked like the same ol Hill to me. Was abused by Townes. Had a few blocks and not many points. Vintage Steven.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Beaverfever

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on October 31, 2007, 09:40:56 am

Unless I missed something he looked like the same ol Hill to me. Was abused by Townes. Had a few blocks and not many points. Vintage Steven.
I agree...He just has no offensive ability.  IMO if he can't step it up on offense we should give townes the majority of the minutes.  I think he is going to finally play to his potential.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Beaverfever on October 31, 2007, 09:54:11 am

I agree...He just has no offensive ability.  IMO if he can't step it up on offense we should give townes the majority of the minutes.  I think he is going to finally play to his potential.

How much loner should I wait. 2011.  He is a tall shot blocker and great defender. Luckily for him theres always room for those in the NBA. He's not in my starting 5 either but I'm not the one making the decisions.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

earshot

The bigger problem I have with Hill is his rebounding. He is very athletic for a 7 footer, but only averaging 4.4 rebounds in 24 min is weak.

It would be great if he averaged 14 pts but he needs to pull down more rebounds to be a solid 1st round draft pick.

Hogtropolis™

As far as the Starters go, I would expect to see it go pretty much like it did last year.  We'll really just have to wait and see until at least an exhibition game.  I expect to see the starting lineup Friday to be something like this.

F - Thomas
F - Weems
C - Hill
G - Bev
G - Ervin

With Washington, Townes, and Welsh getting A LOT of minutes and a few of the freshmen seeing some playing time.

Hog Fan from Camden

With his athleticism and size he should average 10 rebounds a game!

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: earshot on October 31, 2007, 02:22:02 pm
The bigger problem I have with Hill is his rebounding. He is very athletic for a 7 footer, but only averaging 4.4 rebounds in 24 min is weak.

It would be great if he averaged 14 pts but he needs to pull down more rebounds to be a solid 1st round draft pick.

He will never have a large number of rebounds because he's always out of position, as a shot blocker you take yourself out of rebounding position to go after the block... He wasn't counted on to get rebounds, I wonder if Pel will have him going after less shots and more rebounds?  I hope not, he's too much of a difference maker blocking shots than he would be by letting the shots go and getting into position... before it was his job to clean up the mess if the guards got beat and I suspect he'll be doing the same... as far as Townes, he's got offense to spare but he couldn't guard my grandmother in the post, I'm hoping they worked on that but a lot of that was lack of effort, I guess we'll see Friday... Go Hogs Go!

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on October 31, 2007, 02:32:33 pm
As far as the Starters go, I would expect to see it go pretty much like it did last year.  We'll really just have to wait and see until at least an exhibition game.  I expect to see the starting lineup Friday to be something like this.

F - Thomas
F - Weems
C - Hill
G - Bev
G - Ervin

With Washington, Townes, and Welsh getting A LOT of minutes and a few of the freshmen seeing some playing time.

Barring injuries, that's a heck of an 8 man rotation... it'd be nice if Britt or Patsa could provide some valuable time...

booogaga

didnt he score like 10 points
GO HOGS!

VenturaHog

They tried to feed him a bunch of alleyoops, the timing was off most of the time. he made like 1/4 from what i saw

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Beaverfever on October 31, 2007, 09:54:11 am

Maybe we finally found a coach that won't take his $hit.(townes)
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Ironhawg

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on October 31, 2007, 04:12:21 pm
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on October 31, 2007, 02:32:33 pm

F - Thomas
F - Weems
C - Hill
G - Bev
G - Ervin

Barring injuries, that's a heck of an 8 man rotation... it'd be nice if Britt or Patsa could provide some valuable time...

I want to see Patsa in a real game.  He sure seems like he might be the shooter we've been missing.