Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bev and Wash

Started by jmalott86, October 29, 2007, 01:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jmalott86

what do you think the chances of Beverly and Washington going into the draft after this season? I dont think either are ready but with our recent history (famutimi, brewer, johnson) we just dont seem to have any luck keeping guys around. If they played at least three full seasons I think they would have a much better chance of being successful in the NBA.

Hollywood_HOGan45

i cannot see Bev leaving.

Not many NBA teams looking for 6-1 smallish shooting guards.

Who knows about Washington? Just cant see him getting enough PT to wow scouts unless he really really outplays Townes, Hill, or Thomas.

booogaga

i can see bev leaving. are you kidding. he would fit in perfect as a shooting guard that can rattle off 3's and make steals. the nba loves  role players like that. now washington on the other hand i think will need another year to mature.
GO HOGS!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: booogaga on October 29, 2007, 01:34:52 pm
i can see bev leaving. are you kidding. he would fit in perfect as a shooting guard that can rattle off 3's and make steals. the nba loves  role players like that. now washington on the other hand i think will need another year to mature.

your average NBA shooting guard is about 6'4 to 6'6.
The NBA usually does not draft potential role players in the first round. Sometimes they turn into role players but most teams draft players in the first round with the intention of them becoming a star in the NBA.

Beaverfever

Bev's best shot at getting drafted after this year would be him growing 3-4 inches.  Because of his height he would have to set the world on fire to ever be a first rounder. 

booogaga

i am sorry, you guys make very good points. but i think he would be fine. i am not saying lottery but def a first rounder (if he keeps the same numbers and improves on them.)
GO HOGS!

Dr Swineglove

October 29, 2007, 04:40:11 pm #6 Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 04:42:22 pm by Dr Swineglove
I concur with Hollywood regarding PBev.  From the Pro's POV, Pbev has the same thing
working against him as Scotty Thurman did - he's a 'tweener; too small to be starter at SG and
not enough of a passer/ballhandler to start at PG (ST wasn't quick enough to play SG and was too small to be a SF).

Don't get me wrong - PBev is outstanding player and is a going to be a great college star, but he has a lot of work cut out for him to be a factor in the pros.  I expect he'll be a pro someday, but he'll be picked towards the middle of the draft and he'll be a role player; he doesn't have the size to be a lottery pick and a star.

Washington, on the other hand, has an prototype NBA body.  Barring a breakthrough this season, I'd look for Washington to come back for his junior year to refine his skills, become a breakthrough star once he's no longer competing for playing time, then possibly to go pro after next season.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

booogaga

thurman was much larger than PB
GO HOGS!

clifflee4mvp

Bev is too small to play his position in the NBA. They will convert him to point just like they did to Pargo. He will be back for his senior season and if he's not he'll end up like Thurman because he will be making a bad mistake.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Carrmaduke

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on October 29, 2007, 05:33:03 pm
Bev is too small to play his position in the NBA. They will convert him to point just like they did to Pargo. He will be back for his senior season and if he's not he'll end up like Thurman because he will be making a bad mistake.

I agree, +1

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: booogaga on October 29, 2007, 04:57:13 pm
thurman was much larger than PB

That's why I clarified that Thurman was a tweener at a different position than Bev, SF instead of SG.  My point was that both PBev and Thurman are/were tweeners, not that they play the same position (they don't).  The same logic could be applied to why Dwight Stewart never made it big as pro, despite helping the Hogs to win a NT - Dwight was too small to play center in the NBA, and was not athletic enough to be a NBA power forward.

The NBA seems to have very rigid physical prototypes of what they look for in players - tweeners can be stars in college, but they rarely stand out in the Pros.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

booogaga

well i wish him well in what ever decision he makes.
GO HOGS!

mbgrulz

the issue is more about who bev and MW believe and who is talking to them. if he has a slimeball relative out of the woodwork advising him, then he may be brainwashed into thinking that the NBA is the best choice.

i do know that PB is highly motivated to get to the league. he is not going to class with the fervor of a man wanting a degree.

this may be why we are willing to sign almost 6 guys this class. pel may be bracing for impact.

slopinhogs

going out this year would be a mistake for both of them.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

PorkSoda

I agree.  Both should have the chance to be good this year and exceptional next year.   MW will be the starter next year.  Also the more time they spend under Pel will only improve thier work ethic and give them a better shot at making an impact in the draft.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

alaback

Currently only Sonny Weems and Stephen Hill are projected 2nd rounders according to nbadraft.net.  Jamont Gordon of MSU is a projected 1st rounder.  Does anyone else wonder why he gets so much love?  He's good and all, but I'm not really sure he's all that skilled.  The projections of the 1st round have 9 freshman so enjoy them while they last.  I'm just glad they have to play a year in college now although it probably would have been unfair to have made Kobe or Lebron play against college competition.