Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how are season ticket sales going for basketball?

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, October 29, 2007, 09:19:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

heard all offseason about ticket sales for football, what about basketball?

seems to me that ticket sales would go up because of what we have coming back and the new coach. \

thanks for the info

hogfan98

i got season tickets for the first time this year and was told the only thing they had left were upper deckers behind the baskets.

hogfankb

I looked into getting regular season tickets with a Razorback foundation donation this year and they told me they would only have the top 3 rows. I didn't want to watch what could be a great season from the nose bleeds so I went ahead and got student tickets. Maybe next year when we might be in a little more of a rebuilding mode it will be worth starting my climb down from the rafters.

Modsquad24

the way the hogs are recruiting and with Beverley, Welsh, Washington, Sanchez, etc. coming back I dont see rebuilding as much as just reloading in the 08-09 season, GHG!

cityhog

Quote from: hogfankb on October 29, 2007, 10:31:34 am
I looked into getting regular season tickets with a Razorback foundation donation this year and they told me they would only have the top 3 rows. I didn't want to watch what could be a great season from the nose bleeds so I went ahead and got student tickets. Maybe next year when we might be in a little more of a rebuilding mode it will be worth starting my climb down from the rafters.

mistake.  you should have grabbed them while you could.

hogfankb

Quote from: cityhog on October 30, 2007, 12:08:06 pm
Quote from: hogfankb on October 29, 2007, 10:31:34 am

mistake.  you should have grabbed them while you could.

I know. I may be kicking myself next year but with a RF contribution and the price of tickets I just couldn't justify it on top of the cash for grad school. Besides it will be great to experience a real razorback basketball season in the best spot in the arena - the student section. I have been their the last 6 or 7 years and i haven't really gotten to experience a really good team in that time.

Tomhog™

I'm hearing it's tough to buy single-game tickets to any of the games.  I only want to go to one game all season and that is the Florida game.  Wish I could get a set of tix for that one...

Dr Swineglove

From my understanding, the problem at BWA the last few years hasn't been ticket sales, it's been getting the people who bought tickets to actually show up for the games.

IMO, a fossilized gameday atmosphere, stale and left over from the mid-90's, a boring brand of basketall, a bad case of Richardson withdrawal, on-court letdowns and a general apathetic feeling of what-have-you-done-for-me-lately all contributed to poor attendance the last few years.  However, I've always heard ticket sales per se remained pretty steady.

Hopefully attendance will go way up this year, and stay there.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

olblueyes

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 30, 2007, 02:15:45 pm
I'm hearing it's tough to buy single-game tickets to any of the games.  I only want to go to one game all season and that is the Florida game.  Wish I could get a set of tix for that one...
There are tickets abvailable on stubhub.com. Of course they are inflated prices, but for only one game, it might be an option.
Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!