Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red-White game Friday night

Started by Modsquad24, October 24, 2007, 02:47:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

October 24, 2007, 02:47:50 pm Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 03:07:11 pm by Modsquad24
I am making my way up and am really looking forward to it, I hope that they turn out in bunches this Friday, because the excitement is back in hawgball land, what would you guess the attendence will be? It would be nice to get 10-13k. GHG!

16 days until the Arkansas Razorback Basketball Season Opener!

olblueyes

This being home coming weekend, and the fact that there were approximately 6500 at the scrimmage, I would venture to say between 12K and 14K to watch the game. I am so stoked about BB season. GHG... :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

slopinhogs

someone please keep us who can't go posted on your thoughts on it. thanks in advance. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Omahabound

Maybe Arkansas will win this Friday.

The_Iceman

i will have a full report after the game for everyone.

chiefsfan

Quote from: HIREANYONEOTHERTHANNUTT on October 24, 2007, 10:07:31 pm
Maybe Arkansas will win this Friday.

If Houston Nutt was coaching he would have found a way to lose it

Biggest thing to hope for in this game is a game somewhere in the high 70's   You dont want low scores because that means the offense was bad.   You dont want high scores because that means the defense was bad.   Well that and you want no injuries
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Grumpy Old Main

I've been to every midnight or 9:30 madness for the past 11 years and by my eye this year was the lowest attendance of any of them.  I was shocked how few people were there.

Modsquad24

I think if they would go back to the traditional midnight madness when it was a big deal and put it KATV, then there would be a much better turnout, Pel's gonna bring the excitment back, when they asked Jimmy Dykes at SEC media days about John Pelphrey as Arkansas basketball coach, he said that Pel was gonna do a super job here. GHG!

Tone

Quote from: Grumpy Old Main on October 25, 2007, 10:00:11 am
I've been to every midnight or 9:30 madness for the past 11 years and by my eye this year was the lowest attendance of any of them.  I was shocked how few people were there.

It was on Friday night was it not.  That is hard to make if you have kids that play football.  That is the reason we didn't go. 

razorbackfan4life

TRUHOG718

This would have given us a good gauge of where Rakestraw is at, having to start against Bev and go against him most of the game. also would have given him major confidence when playing against less skilled players at the 2 guard spot early in the year.  Oh well Britt lets see what ya got kid!!  Pinch me Bball season is almost here!! WPS
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Carrmaduke

This game is usually on ARSN radio, hopefully my local station (107.1 in Paragould) will carry it. I wanted to go, but I can't get away from work in time. Oh well, maybe I can listen.

hogfankb

Does anyone know how the teams will be devided?

Just wanted to know if there were going to be any matchups to keep an eye on.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: hogfankb on October 25, 2007, 12:33:27 pm

We wont know until Pel releases the info..  Its anybody's guess as of right now.

TRUHOG718

I would keep an eye on Wash vs Manimal and Hill vs Townes and Welsh vs Ervin. Thats assuming they are on different teams.

hogfankb

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on October 25, 2007, 02:29:23 pm

I would keep an eye on Wash vs Manimal and Hill vs Townes and Welsh vs Ervin. Thats assuming they are on different teams.

I'm interested in the Patsa vs. Weems matchup and Britt vs anyone. We know what all the guys you listed can do. It will be interesting to see how they have improved but it doesn't intrigue me as much as seeing how our new comers will do against SEC competition.

Grumpy Old Main

Quote from: Tone-Loc on October 25, 2007, 10:41:25 am
Quote from: Grumpy Old Main on October 25, 2007, 10:00:11 am

It was on Friday night was it not.  That is hard to make if you have kids that play football.  That is the reason we didn't go. 
I thought of that too.  Ironic if you got more for midnight than for 9:30, but maybe that's the way it was.  Last year was also at 9:30 and I don't remember being surprized at how few people were there, but maybe it was the same.

Carrmaduke

Washington, Ervin and Beverly all suspended for the Red/White game. I don't like the way this is shaping up.

WESTYHOGS

Pel is trying to instill some discipline.Its a good thing.
SMITTY

Carrmaduke

Quote from: WESTYHOGS on October 25, 2007, 05:27:12 pm

I agree...but what does it say about these guys? Did they do the same things without consequence last year? There's been enough suspensions that the guys should get it by now. Are they slow learners?

mbgrulz

Quote from: Carrmaduke on October 25, 2007, 05:31:35 pm

I agree...but what does it say about these guys? Did they do the same things without consequence last year? There's been enough suspensions that the guys should get it by now. Are they slow learners?
last year, there was no discipline what so ever. coach heath and co. were quite frankly soft on player discipline rules.

olblueyes

During the 6:00 news tonight on KFSM, Coach Pel basically stated that he is not happy with some of the behavior away from the court. That encludes the classroom. He did not specify what was the rules that were broken, but belive me he is getting their attention. He said "We will get it fixed, by suspending now or lets say Georgia or what ever". This is Washington's second go round. I am will to bet that Coach Pel and staff will prevail.

Beaverfever

I don't understand why Pel chose Bev to go to media days when he was having classroom trouble.  Seems like making him skip school for a day or two was not the best decision.  Odd way to handle the situation. 

The_Iceman

Hunter was solid, didn't try to do too much.

Britt made 4 threes, good role player and knows it.

Patsatsia hit some good shots, good defender.

Weems will be good in the system.

Thomas looks lean, has extra 5 inches on vertical, and has much better footwork.

Sanchez needs time to adjust, looks unconfident.

Hill is the same ole Hill, but still dominate on the put backs and on defense.

FootballHog

Vincent Hunter was a man among boys out there tonight. It seemed like he had 30 points. I think Hunter and Weems share the foward position this year.....not joking at all.

Pelphrey went in there for about 10 minutes, and made 3 points(also made a sweet no-look pass).

Sanchez will be a BEAST next year.

Free throw shooting for the team was outstanding tonight. Hill has improved his free throw shooting motion extremely well(he went 2-2)

mbgrulz

its good to hear that hunter is doing well. i am not going to judge too much off of one scrimmage, but its better than hearing that he looked like crap.

bigheadred

I was at the game and liked the effort I saw. Hunter looks great on his three point shots. Weems surprises me with how smooth and accurate he is when he shoots. Sanchez is tough, no one will push him around. Hill has his typical defense. Welsh has some good moves inside. Townes is incredible at times and has a nasty mean streak that I like to go along with great faking and inside moves. Patisia has a good touch. Cox looks like a cocky countryboy that is a work in progress. Pelfrey shot 3 or 4 times and connected on a 3 pointer. He also made an incredible no look pass behind him between three defenders to a player cutting to the basket. He looks good too. Weems, Hunter, and Townes looked the best to me.  :) :) :) :)
I am Bigheadred and I support this message. Yo soy el hombre.

TuckFexas

Quote from: bigheadred on October 26, 2007, 10:14:58 pm
Welsh has some good moves inside.

I'm by no means an expert in basketball, but it seemed to me this was Welsh's problem last year. Did it not seem like he penetrated too much last year, left his feet and either gave the ball away, got his shot blocked, or just got off a poor shot? Someone help me out here.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Hollywood_HOGan45

mbgrulz

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 26, 2007, 10:46:21 pm
was rotnei clarke really there?
yep, and he's coming back for the exhibition game next friday.

daniel payne was also there. payne is the 6-7 SF who is a JUCO preseason AA.

olblueyes

Quote from: mbgrulz on October 26, 2007, 11:34:01 pm

For mbgrulz: Was that Rotnei Clark setting behind the White team with Nate Rakestraw? He had on a black shirt.

RazorAg

Quote from: olblueyes on October 28, 2007, 09:16:21 pm

For mbgrulz: Was that Rotnei Clark setting behind the White team with Nate Rakestraw? He had on a black shirt.

Not mbgrulz, but to answer your question, yes, that was Rotnei.

olblueyes

Quote from: RazorAg on October 29, 2007, 02:23:59 pm
Quote from: olblueyes on October 28, 2007, 09:16:21 pm

Not mbgrulz, but to answer your question, yes, that was Rotnei.
Thanx for the info. I thought it was him. Did you notice how much interaction was going on during halftime between Rotnei and Frank Broyles. I would be surprised if Rotnei did not commit to the Hogs after my observations Friday night. Again, thanx for the info.

booogaga

i hope we get rotnei, he sounds like a good kid. i heard him on the radio a while back, plus he has a good pedigree in basketball knowledge. i think he would be great here.
GO HOGS!