Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dykes on Razorback Basketball

Started by javajockey, October 18, 2007, 10:34:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

javajockey

Bo was interviewing Jimmy Dykes on his show today.  They talked mainly about the Nutt garbage but as he was about to let Dykes go, Bo stated that he would like to have him back to talk about Pel and Arkansas basketball.  Dykes responded by saying something like:  "I watched two hours of practice today and let me tell you, It is a new day for Razorback Basketball."  This was music to my ears because whatever you think about Dykes, you have to admit the guy knows basketball!  I can't wait!  Go Hogs Go!   :razorback:

RedSatinHog

That's the truth and then some.  I would rather listen to Jimmy Dykes call a game than ANYONE, ANYWHERE!!!!
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: javajockey on October 18, 2007, 10:34:57 pm
Bo was interviewing Jimmy Dykes on his show today.  They talked mainly about the Nutt garbage but as he was about to let Dykes go, Bo stated that he would like to have him back to talk about Pel and Arkansas basketball.  Dykes responded by saying something like:  "I watched two hours of practice today and let me tell you, It is a new day for Razorback Basketball."  This was music to my ears because whatever you think about Dykes, you have to admit the guy knows basketball!  I can't wait!  Go Hogs Go!   :razorback:

That was definitely uplifting to hear!

PulledPork

Dykes?  We need pictures my man!!

:D

Pulled out....

tolerati

Jimmy D knows his basketball. So that is good news. We needed a new day in Razorback Basketball.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: PulledPork on October 19, 2007, 08:34:37 am

Pulled out....

I was thinking isn't that the case with all women's basketball teams?
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

RedSatinHog

Quote from: HogZ28 on October 19, 2007, 06:25:12 am
Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on October 19, 2007, 02:55:43 am
That's the truth and then some.  I would rather listen to Jimmy Dykes call a game than ANYONE, ANYWHERE!!!!

him and that Brad Nesler are awesome to listen to when they announce games....

Brad Nessler is another great one.

I personally cannot stand listening to Billy Packer, and after last year's tourney selection tirades, I refuse to listen to Vitale about anything.  Bill Raftery is another one whose announcing skills need a little brushing up.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

3kgthog

Thank God Jimmy said that. You can tell just by watching his demeanor and talking to him that Pelphrey is the disciplinarian that Stan Heath never was. Pel is a player's coach, but he can dig the spurs in when he needs to. It's a welcome change.

Raftery has relied on "Send it in Jerome" to support his career. Every call he makes he tries to bring back the glory from his only known phrase. You can tell he is trying too hard which in turn makes him awful.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind seeing Nolan Richardson on a college pre-game show or something. He's got some good knowledge, good stories, and he was pretty funny on that coaches roundtable they had on ESPN a year or two ago.

javajockey

Quote from: tolerati on October 19, 2007, 04:22:59 pm
Jimmy D knows his basketball. So that is good news. We needed a new day in Razorback Basketball.

We need a good day Period!

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Quite Frankly

I can tell you that the practices are simply not comparable to the past few years.

For one thing, the entire staff has a vocab that uses many of George Carlin's 7 words.  It' ain't church there!

Porkem

Jimmy D is a rising star.  He's an outstanding analyst and knows his stuff...but I still remember when he had his afro back in the Eddie Sutton days.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: PulledPork on October 19, 2007, 08:34:37 am

Pulled out....

Aggie fans have them all + the gay pics, remember

WxHog

Jimmy Dykes is great on ARSN and ESPN.   Even though he supposed to be neutral when he announces our games on ESPN, I am proud to have as one of our own.   An Arkansan. 

jbcarol

Jimmy's branching out.  He anchored the Krystal's burger eating contest in Chattanooga.

I agree that he and Nessler are a great duo.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

WxHog

Quote from: jbcarol on October 30, 2007, 08:19:25 am
Jimmy's branching out.  He anchored the Krystal's burger eating contest in Chattanooga.

I agree that he and Nessler are a great duo.

He's also done some outdoor related games on ESPN.   Logrunning, dog jumping, etc.