Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All discussion about TU's offense post-OU game is here (merged threads)

Started by island hog, September 21, 2007, 11:28:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogtheball

I can guarantee you one thing - There's no way in Hell Nutt would change the schedule to play Tulsa while Gus is there.  Not a chance.  The Hogs want no part of Tulsa.  That offense would eat our d-backs alive and everyone knows it.   Tulsa has no talent and they would put up 50 on us next week (mcfadden might have 600 yds rushing against them, but it would be one high-scoring affair).  Start mentioning getting Tulsa on the schedule and see how far it goes.   

That would be a fun bowl game to watch...
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

riccoar

THAT offense would have us 2-0 instead of 1-1 right now.

mrcrowley

Quote from: pigmania on September 21, 2007, 11:56:48 pm
Quote from: arkybuc on September 21, 2007, 11:45:18 pm
Quote from: pigmania on September 21, 2007, 11:41:36 pm
Quote from: island hog on September 21, 2007, 11:28:18 pm
based on what I saw tonight.  It reminded me too much of the old Oiler offense with Warren Moon...much like our current offense, it's too one dimensional for me.  I would much prefer a pro style, OU type offense...nothing against Malzahn, I like him, but I'm not convinced that a wide open offense will work full time. 

Hogs 41, KU 20
Nearly 450 yds of total offense against the #2 defense in the country is not too bad.

Yards don't mean jack without putting up points....
Not a victory, but scored the most points against the OU D, so far this year, at a school with only 2700 students, occuring during the 3rd game of his first year there, with an offensive system totally different from what they had last year.
they put up more points against OU then we would.

10thPlanet

OU is #4 in the Nation.TU's 'O' did not look good at all against the #4 team in the Nation.#4,#4,#4......
I like OU's O it was nice and balanced, and something is going to work against all D's.
I love the Hogs and I hope all you Nutt supporters are on here tomorrow night after the game, that will mean we won.

arklahoman36

Quote from: mclyte on September 22, 2007, 12:52:16 am
The game re-airs at 2... Stay up and chart them! I am correct on this... Check it out!

In college, sacks are counted as rushing attempts I believe, which if correct means of the 14 rushes by Smith, at most 9 were designed rushes because he was sacked 5 times.

DSW

Wow.  A few words come to mind after that debacle I saw tonight.

Fraud
Gimmicky
Exposed
Overrated
Run and Shoot for Highschoolers

No thank you.  Clearly, Frank's so-called experts were right.  That crap might work in the Sun Belt or the C-USA, but no way does it win week in and week out against major conference teams.  Sure, you can get lucky since the offense can be a great equalizer with inferior talent, but it aint gonna win jack shiite routinely.  Good defenses with any quickness will crush this pop warner high school crap.

If you have a wealth of talent at your disposal like OU or Florida, you might be able to get it to work.  But why try if you are an upper echelon school?  The DC must hate this crap, especially if the OC gets his way and actually runs it with the HUNH.  Talk about a crazy system!

Exposed!  Thank goodness we got rid of that pile of excrement last year.  Good riddance.  I'll happily take DMac and David Lee for 38 at Bama over that junk.  What a joke.

riccoar

Pork Twain

I would love to have Gus here instead on HDN just for the fact that Gus can only get better and Nutt topped out long ago.  I do find it funny that only the darksiders are allowed to bash a twist the stats to suit their needs.

354 passing yards and 44 rushing...  Now that is balance.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

riccoar

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: BeoPig on September 22, 2007, 04:48:29 am
Quote from: riccoar on September 22, 2007, 04:25:32 am
Yes, Gus will bring integrity back.
That's good because Butch Davis sure wouldn't

Yeah, what did that loser do at Miami? (sarcasm) I'm not talking about how he made them back into a national power,  but what he did for the integrity of the program. 
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: BeoPig on September 22, 2007, 04:25:14 am
I would love to have Gus here instead on HDN just for the fact that Gus can only get better and Nutt topped out long ago.  I do find it funny that only the darksiders are allowed to bash a twist the stats to suit their needs.

Hmmmm...did you really think that TU would be able to run against OU?  Really?  You think they should have kept forcing the run?  Really?  Not sure how that is twisting...but, whatever.
Retired Radio Host

VRaptor

Quote from: hogs25 on September 22, 2007, 04:22:51 am
It'll be fun next year when Gus is our coach.  At least Gus want text his side stuff 19 minutes before the LSU game. 

and you know this how?

waphill

Quote from: lower_arkansas on September 22, 2007, 12:49:32 am
Quote from: CabotHog on September 22, 2007, 12:34:15 am
Quote from: lower_arkansas on September 22, 2007, 12:31:32 am

Yeah you can say that but our offense is a run oriented offense.  If you take out Tulsa's number 1 QB how do you think they would've performed?  I know our passing game is horrible but honestly, when your starting reveivers are fish and rojo and your QB is casey dick, your not going to throw the ball all over the field

And whose fault is it that Dick is our QB and Fish/Rojo are our starting recievers?

I'm not even getting into this argument because I know there is no hope in winning it with people on here.  I was just trying to make a point that it's funny how people on here get so mad because we are a 1 demensional team but are not bothered with the fact that Tulsa is just as one demensional as we are except for the fact they are throwing the ball instead of running it.  And yes I think our recruiting does need to get much better and no I do not love HDN but I also don't hate the man.  I am just a rational fan who follows the razorbacks and make observations as I see them.  Like I said wherever Gus goes he will always have a good passing attack but at best an average running attack just as HDN will allways have good running teams and best average passing teams.  Now this might not always be the case as of course Gus could very well end up coaching a great RB one day and Houston might one day coach a great QB (ala Clint Stoerner) but for the most part coaches will stick with what they're most comforatable with.  It's all about philosophies people and I'm not saying one is better than the other.

On the year TU has 88 rushing attempts and 68 pass attempts. Is it possible that they are trying to be balanced, just don't have the horses up front to do it. I believe this is before the OU game, I don't think espn has updated stats on their website yet.

malzhanista

Albert Einswine

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 22, 2007, 05:30:18 am

Hmmmm...did you really think that TU would be able to run against OU?  Really?  You think they should have kept forcing the run?  Really?  Not sure how that is twisting...but, whatever.

That's what Nutt would have done.  If Nutt had been coaching Tulsa using his philosophy they wouldn't have scored on OU and would probably have given up 80+ points.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

TDHog

Quote from: hawgette on September 21, 2007, 11:48:24 pm
Quote from: 3kgthog on September 21, 2007, 11:44:47 pm
based on what I saw tonight.  It reminded me too much of the old Oiler offense with Warren Moon...much like our current offense, it's too one dimensional for me.  I would much prefer a pro style, OU type offense...nothing against Malzahn, I like him, but I'm not convinced that a wide open offense will work full time. 

Hogs 41, KU 20

You do realize that Tulsa doesn't have the o-line or the backs to run a balanced offense don't you?

Watch some Springdale tapes and tell me the Malzahn system isn't or can't be balanced. I believe Clinkscales was a 1,000 yard rusher in Gus's offense. If Gus has WRs and RBs he uses both of them. He doesn't have the RBs at Tulsa so they run the offense that gives them the best chance to score against the teams in their conference.

What did Gus do to make all of yall defend him like you do?  You are doing the same crap that you accuse huggers doing.  Making excuses.  They just sucked and I thought moral victories were unheard of? 

So hugger let me get this straight.  Gus leaves and goes to Tulsa, which you say is a second rate team whose players belong on a high school field.  Yet when those same players only rack up 400 yards and 21 points against the #2 D inthe nation, the coach was clearly overated?  You can't have it both ways.  With the talent Tulsa has, their O played very well.  Did you actually hear the announcers say that colleges across the country have began adapting the Wildcat using a runningback at some point in the game?  Hmmmm.  Has the smoke draw caught on that well?

razorhead69

I could care less and really have no opinion of Gus. Hope he does well but shiite guys 62-21 says plenty. All that yardage should produce more than 21.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: razorhead69 on September 22, 2007, 07:37:56 am
I could care less and really have no opinion of Gus. Hope he does well but shiite guys 62-21 says plenty. All that yardage should produce more than 21.

Yep,  it says Tulsa doesn't have the athletes to hang with OU at this time.  You would think all the athletes Arkansas has would produce more than 17 and 14 points against USC.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

razorhead69

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 22, 2007, 07:43:41 am

Yep,  it says Tulsa doesn't have the athletes to hang with OU at this time.  You would think all the athletes Arkansas has would produce more than 17 and 14 points against USC.

Couldn't agree more. ;D

Same guy was OC in both games. ;)

TDHog

Quote from: DSW on September 22, 2007, 04:01:14 am
Wow.  A few words come to mind after that debacle I saw tonight.

Fraud
Gimmicky
Exposed
Overrated
Run and Shoot for Highschoolers

No thank you.  Clearly, Frank's so-called experts were right.  That crap might work in the Sun Belt or the C-USA, but no way does it win week in and week out against major conference teams.  Sure, you can get lucky since the offense can be a great equalizer with inferior talent, but it aint gonna win jack shiite routinely.  Good defenses with any quickness will crush this pop warner high school crap.

If you have a wealth of talent at your disposal like OU or Florida, you might be able to get it to work.  But why try if you are an upper echelon school?  The DC must hate this crap, especially if the OC gets his way and actually runs it with the HUNH.  Talk about a crazy system!

Exposed!  Thank goodness we got rid of that pile of excrement last year.  Good riddance.  I'll happily take DMac and David Lee for 38 at Bama over that junk.  What a joke.

TOP was almost equal
TU doesn't have the talent regardless of offense
More yards and points than Miami
Defense is not Gus's job

Nice post troll, did mommy let you stay up late or did you catch sportcenter this morning.

SPAL

Hogs 41, KU 20

You do realize that Tulsa doesn't have the o-line or the backs to run a balanced offense don't you?

Watch some Springdale tapes and tell me the Malzahn system isn't or can't be balanced. I believe Clinkscales was a 1,000 yard rusher in Gus's offense. If Gus has WRs and RBs he uses both of them. He doesn't have the RBs at Tulsa so they run the offense that gives them the best chance to score against the teams in their conference.

What did Gus do to make all of yall defend him like you do?  You are doing the same crap that you accuse huggers doing.  Making excuses.  They just sucked and I thought moral victories were unheard of? 

and u are a female...nuff said.

PulledPork

Quote from: razorhead69 on September 22, 2007, 07:45:25 am

Couldn't agree more. ;D

yep, Nutty was OC in both games!  ;)

Pulled out....

Nashville Fan

Men against boys and the boys played a great game. TU made a better showing than Miami and that game was men against men.
Pittman or Bust!

subjectstorm

62-21

yeah, that score actually does say plenty.  Take the 21 for example - the highest number of points scored against OU this year.

Here's another number for you:  398.  That's the number of yards that TU put up against OU (according to espn).  That's more than any other opponent OU has faced this year.

How about this number:  3.  That's the number of touchdowns that TU scored against OU.  Doesn't sound too impressive - until you realize that it's more than OU's first three opponents scored COMBINED.  What's especially funny about that is that TU pulled their starting qb in the fourth quarter.  They probably could have tacked on another meaningless td if they'd have left him in.

TULSA HAD THE NUMBER 4 OFFENSE IN THE COUNTRY GOING INTO THIS GAME.

We all KNEW Tulsa had no defense, right?  This game was about gus, right?  This game was about Arkansas fans feeling more secure about the way our coach screwed over and ran off a talented offense coordinator.  It was about convincing yourselves that we didn't need him anyway. 

I mean, it really must be KILLING you to see articles like the one the guy in Birmingham wrote about our coaching staff, calling our offense "Pee Wee League" while Gus and TU are getting NATIONAL recognition for the numbers they are putting up.  We're getting dissed and they're getting respect. 

You know, I could give a damn if some of you guys like Gus or hate him - but when you bash him SOLELY for the sake of making yourselves feel better about our current coaching staff, that kind of pisses me off.

hogifino

The game was a mismatch.  I judge any coach not just the annoited one or the whipping boy by the scoreboard.  If the team wins by more than 10 its the players.  If the team wins by less than 10 then coaching decisions, calls, luck or  whatever you choose to pinpoint probably focuses more on the coaching.  Guys that is why everyone goes after the best players that WILL come to their institution of higher learning.  You guys try to simplify the game by looking at offensive philosophies, when probably the defense on both sides of the ball has more to do with the opportunity to be offensive than you discuss.  My knee jerk reaction to most offensive arguments is you really do not understand the game.  You are just watching the ball.  There are only two to three people involved with the ball leaving 19 to 20 that you should focus to see why things work as a unit.  In summary schemes showcase your talent...Each team prepares for the other teams schemes for months in advance...players make plays...teams win...coaches stand on the sidelines.  Most of the above is not opinion but fact.  Please feel free to derail as needed.  No stats needed they tend to confuse the final results.

Albert Einswine

Here's the box score from the OU/Miami game of a couple of weeks ago.   Miami tallied 139 total yards offense with 52 yards rushing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore;_ylt=Arj3001N9a8We3Tmq9NhjmPyvbYF?gid=200709080024

Here's the box score from the Tulsa game.    http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore;_ylt=Arj3001N9a8We3Tmq9NhjmPyvbYF?gid=200709210107

Tulsa showed up very well offensively.  They sucked defensively.  But, their defense looked like dwarves against giants.

waphill

Quote from: hogifino on September 22, 2007, 08:16:48 am
The game was a mismatch.  I judge any coach not just the annoited one or the whipping boy by the scoreboard.  If the team wins by more than 10 its the players.  If the team wins by less than 10 then coaching decisions, calls, luck or  whatever you choose to pinpoint probably focuses more on the coaching.  Guys that is why everyone goes after the best players that WILL come to their institution of higher learning.  You guys try to simplify the game by looking at offensive philosophies, when probably the defense on both sides of the ball has more to do with the opportunity to be offensive than you discuss.  My knee jerk reaction to most offensive arguments is you really do not understand the game.  You are just watching the ball.  There are only two to three people involved with the ball leaving 19 to 20 that you should focus to see why things work as a unit.  In summary schemes showcase your talent...Each team prepares for the other teams schemes for months in advance...players make plays...teams win...coaches stand on the sidelines.  Most of the above is not opinion but fact.  Please feel free to derail as needed.  No stats needed they tend to confuse the final results.

I think you are absolutely right. A good coach puts his players in a position to succeed. They do this with schemes, play calling, etc. I thought the TU offense looked great. Disregard the points and yards. If you watched the game, you would've seen how many open recievers TU had. The OU secondary looked really confused at times. They had some running lanes, not many, but they had many open recievers all night long. You can't expect TU's players to make every play against a team with that much more talent. The QB Smith would be second string and Charles Clay would probably get some playing time. No one else on Tulsa's offense would ever see the field if they player for OU.

VRaptor

Quote from: PulledPork on September 22, 2007, 08:11:00 am

Couldn't agree more. ;D

Pulled out....

If you believe that then you have to give Nutt props for letting Gus accept his(Nutts) OCOY award. Just a thought :)

HOGPICKER

Quote from: HogMavFan on September 22, 2007, 12:27:25 am
How do you start a forum room. I want to start one that says Dean Weber is a major problem with our athletic dept. and should go out with Broyles and hopefully Nutt. He cost us the Alabama game with a misdiagnosed "concussion". Who wouldn't have a headache after that game. You don't recover from a concussion in one day.
Acturally you don't always have headaches with concussions.  I've had several concussions, and no headaches.  I got one in my junior year, woke up the next morning and didn't remember playing in the game.  No headache though.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

hogifino

So sports fans in the final analysis the better players usually win.  This ain't brain surgery.  I know there are some doctors on the board that will support this argument.

retired-rambler

OU QB is redshirt freshman that looks like he could have helped OU last year but Stoops bit the bullet and went with the red shirt.  One of the many differences between Stoops and Nutt.  Thought I would throw that out!!!

HOGPICKER

I was impressed with how well Tulsa ran the offense in their first year.  But, I just don't like finesse football.  I wish we had their QB.  He made a couple of bad decisions, and was hung up by the receiver once, but all and all was impressive spreading the ball around against a very good D.  Tulsa is a terrible matchup for OU on D.  This was unfortunately exacerbated by their lack of a power running game to control the ball and give their D a little more rest.  If they would dump the 3-3-5, I wouldn't mind seeing the entire Tulsa staff on the hill starting spring 2008. 
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

stevenwayneslane

Hogs 41, KU 20

Sucked. I didn't think they sucked. Infact on game day first thing this morning they were talking about how good that offense was just that they were simply out classes. Now I wouldn't say that they sucked. They were putting pressure on Oklahoma early. If you noticed it was not HUNH either. Several times there was just a second or two before the ball was snapped. Most of the time they took the 35 second clock down to 7 to 8 seconds. Classie how they pulled the QB in the 4th quater too. No reason to get him hurt. Nutt would have left him in there as long as he could have to score as many points as possable.

Hawgon

[CENSORED], some of you people are stupid.  Tulsa is not Texas Tech, it is not a horribly unbalanced offense.  Against ULM, Tulsa ran for over 200 yards.  They point is, they go with what is working. 

No one, and I mean no one is going to run against OU this year.  It won't happen.  But, last night, the pass was working for Tulsa.  So, instead of running 40 times into a brick wall like HDN would have, they passed that ball a lot.

That is the whole thing with Malzahn's offense, you do what works.  You tailor your game plan to individual games.  In one game the running back may get a bunch of yards because the other team is loading up to stop the pass.  In another, the pass will be open and the run won't.  The point is, you don't waste valuable possessions trying to do something that just isn't going to work.

Against that defense, if HDN had been calling the plays for Tulsa, they wouldn't have had 100 yards offense and they would have scored 0 points.  Hell, DMac and Jones wouldn't break 150 yards combined against it and we might score a touchdown if someone for OU [CENSORED] up.

Pork Twain

So all you darksiders only want balance when it is possible unless it is the hogs and then it is a must???  The twisting is not in the stats it is in most talking out of both sides of their mouths. 

Balance is a must, unless it is another team...

What kind of coach lets his players get into trouble???  Mack Brown, Bobby Bowden, and every other HC in the world but HDN is a failure because he doesn't follow the kids home every night. 

HDN can't recruit, but we should have won it all last year with that talent...   We should have won it all last year due to our good recruiting but we didn't due to our poor coaching.

Gus was OC of the year, but HDN called all the plays, well at least all the bad ones. 

Blah, blah, blah...

At least try to be fair.  You guys let your hatred cloud things.  I want HDN gone as well, but we lost last week because our D was not ready and let us down and a very bad call to pass when it should have been run.

I am officially with NotShavin...  I hope we lose em all from here on out but I hope our RB's put up amazing numbers while we are doing it.  I hope Long has a set and cuts the arrow out and cauterizes the wound once he gets here.

Dirty

stevenwayneslane

Quote from: HOGPICKER on September 22, 2007, 08:45:40 am
I was impressed with how well Tulsa ran the offense in their first year.  But, I just don't like finesse football.  I wish we had their QB.  He made a couple of bad decisions, and was hung up by the receiver once, but all and all was impressive spreading the ball around against a very good D.  Tulsa is a terrible matchup for OU on D.  This was unfortunately exacerbated by their lack of a power running game to control the ball and give their D a little more rest.  If they would dump the 3-3-5, I wouldn't mind seeing the entire Tulsa staff on the hill starting spring 2008. 
He had two passes intercepted off tips from his own recievers. Tulsa is the smallest school in division one football. There academic requirements are much higher than most schools. They will have a very hard time winning with any coaches, but they still looked impressive against OU on the offensive side of the ball. If they had some athelets the would really be good.

everhawg

If you watched both games, OU's intensity was very low for TU. This game proves nothing for huggers or darksiders. Just like The games TU does well in, because it is against even lesser talent than they have.

lrhog2007

My problem with this thread...If UA had lost to OU 62-21 you'd all call for the governor's head.  Tulsa (yes, TULSA!) loses 62-21 and you find positives all over the field.  Let's drop the Tulsa crap, remember who YOUR TEAM is, and support Hogs against KU.

txrzrbk

Quote from: respirback on September 21, 2007, 11:58:02 pm
Didn't GM leave here because he didn't want to adapt?  I thought he wanted the opportunity to run his no huddle spread offense exclusively.

He left because of Nutt's lack of ethics and I think just about everyone in Arkansas knows that except for a few of you in denial.

txrzrbk

Quote from: hawgette on September 21, 2007, 11:44:29 pm
Quote from: pigmania on September 21, 2007, 11:41:36 pm

Hogs 41, KU 20
Nearly 450 yds of total offense against the #2 defense in the country is not too bad.

Ummmmm no moral victories

Don't you mean no morals?

TDHog

Quote from: BeoPig on September 22, 2007, 09:03:38 am

So all you darksiders only want balance when it is possible unless it is the hogs and then it is a must???  The twisting is not in the stats it is in most talking out of both sides of their mouths. 

Balance is a must, unless it is another team...

What kind of coach lets his players get into trouble???  Mack Brown, Bobby Bowden, and every other HC in the world but HDN is a failure because he doesn't follow the kids home every night. 

HDN can't recruit, but we should have won it all last year with that talent...   We should have won it all last year due to our good recruiting but we didn't due to our poor coaching.

Gus was OC of the year, but HDN called all the plays, well at least all the bad ones. 

Blah, blah, blah...

At least try to be fair.  You guys let your hatred cloud things.  I want HDN gone as well, but we lost last week because our D was not ready and let us down and a very bad call to pass when it should have been run.

I am officially with NotShavin...  I hope we lose em all from here on out but I hope our RB's put up amazing numbers while we are doing it.  I hope Long has a set and cuts the arrow out and cauterizes the wound once he gets here.

"Balance is a must, unless it is another team..." 1 game versus 9 years does not a comparison make (imagine Yoda's voice).  Tulsa tried to run, they just couldn't.  They have ran very well in their other games. 

cjhog1418

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 22, 2007, 02:05:29 am
Quote from: cjhog1418 on September 22, 2007, 01:50:29 am
TU's offense was fun to watch but without a qb like Smith, it won't work.  We had NO qb that could have run that offense last year.  Smith is mobile and has a heck of an arm.  OU took about a half and figured it out.  You could tell their defense was just half ssing it in the 4th quarter. 

It would have taken OU 2 minutes to solve our predictable offense.  Nice try though.
Is that the only spin you can come up with??  A hypothetical against OU??  REEEEEEDICULOUS.  Thats why instead of coaching your on the computer.  Now your going to take away how OU exposed TU and spin what they would do to us?  I respect the opinion but it doesn't take away from the facts.  The Hogs had NO ONE last year that could have run that offense.  What, MM is going to roll out left and right and then wing it 50 yards?????  He may have In HS but not the SEC.  It takes a mobile QB with a great arm to run that offense.

PulledPork

Quote from: VRaptor on September 22, 2007, 08:28:42 am
Quote from: PulledPork on September 22, 2007, 08:11:00 am

Couldn't agree more. ;D

Pulled out....

If you believe that then you have to give Nutt props for letting Gus accept his(Nutts) OCOY award. Just a thought :)
dipshiit, you do realize that gus was not on staff for that first game with USC?  that was my point.  Also, how long did it take for us to score in the second game when running the HUNH?  Go ahead and get back to me on that one.

Pulled out...

PulledPork

Quote from: lrhog2007 on September 22, 2007, 09:35:54 am
My problem with this thread...If UA had lost to OU 62-21 you'd all call for the governor's head.  Tulsa (yes, TULSA!) loses 62-21 and you find positives all over the field.  Let's drop the Tulsa crap, remember who YOUR TEAM is, and support Hogs against KU.
I thought we were playing Kentucky?

Pulled out...

rmcchris

Hey, see if you guys can follow my logic on this and per comments in my last paragraph.

The Tulsa offense is way to one dimensional.  Try these points on for consideration.  

3rd down and a lot to go (20 yds or so) and Gee Wheez Gus called that play, the smoke draw up the middle.

4th and one and Gus's offense can't get a first down.

HUNH allows the other team offense to be on the field quickly and score 62 points.  Even with a good defense, they will lose a lot of games.

No balance in Gus's offense, at half TWO YARDS rushing and for the game 44 yards.  So what if you pass for 354, yards are yards.

ESPN talked more about the Hogs offense than Tulsa's during a long stretch of commentary.

2 Interceptions, too many turnovers, just like too many fumbles.

Now the logic from my viewpoint.   I actually like Gus and think he will be very good as time goes on.  I'm for sure not a Hugger and do not like the integrity issue with HDN.  But the game is the game and shakes out in many different ways and is not always because of coaching.  Think about this the next time you continue to bash our coaches and university.

PulledPork

Quote from: rmcchris on September 22, 2007, 10:20:57 am
Hey, see if you guys can follow my logic on this and per comments in my last paragraph.

The Tulsa offense is way to one dimensional.  Try these points on for consideration. 

3rd down and a lot to go (20 yds or so) and Gee Wheez Gus called that play, the smoke draw up the middle.

4th and one and Gus's offense can't get a first down.

HUNH allows the other team offense to be on the field quickly and score 62 points.  Even with a good defense, they will loose a lot of games.

No balance in Gus's offense, at half TWO YARDS rushing and for the game 44 yards.  So what if you pass for 354, yards are yards.

ESPN talked more about the Hogs offense than Tulsa's during a long stretch of commentary.

2 Interceptions, too many turnovers, just like too many fumbles.

Now the logic from my viewpoint.   I actually like Gus and think he will be very good as time goes on.  I'm for sure not a Hugger and do not like the integrity issue with HDN.  But the game is the game and shakes out in many different ways and is not always because of coaching.  Think about this the next time you continue to bash our coaches and university.
why do you guys keep bringing up the rushing yds?  He attempted to rush as much as he passed, just was unable to based o-line vs. d-line.

Pulled out....

phadedhawg

Stats are for losers and I'm certain that Gus would be the first to tell you that this morning.

What a sickening loss for Tulsa against OU.  I hope they bounce back strong for the next game.

rmcchris

Thanks Pulled. By the way, I really value your opinions and input.  Thanks

To answer your last question, because yards are yards,  and attempts are just that.  Different offenses can work and must be adjusted for the players at hand.