Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OU at TU (If you aren't interested in it, don't click here.)

Started by stchane, September 21, 2007, 03:17:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigHog396

Quote from: cjhog1418 on September 21, 2007, 09:22:16 pm
Quote from: Porkyswine on September 21, 2007, 06:55:49 pm
So, IMO, If he scores more that 28 pts on OU -- Look out.  I don't give a F*** who wins.  28 pts by a mid major on OU, Nutt bites what's left of his fingernails.
If he scores 28, it will be against OU 3rd team.  This game is going just as I figured.  TU offense fun to watch, but unproductive in the grand scheme of things.  There is NO WAY we could have run that offense last year.  We didn't have a QB that could run or pass nearly as good as TU's.  That offense is relying on a very mobile QB.  DMac is the only player who could QB that offense for us.  
Really?  You figured TU would be within 2 TD's and would have put 21 on OU only 5 minutes into the 2nd half?

Smokehouse

The ESPN announcers are plugging the whole "you can't run the ball with the NH approach" line. I've never understood that thought, it just doesn't make any sense.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Lord of the Hogs

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on September 21, 2007, 09:27:05 pm
Who thinks we woud be moving the ball on OU like this?  Theyve easiy surpassed all of OU's other opponents in yardage in the first half, and are going to get plenty more.  If their 'D' was average they could win this game.

Nutt shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Gus.  Gus is TRULY doing more with less. 

I don't care how many points they score or how many yards they gain, it is STUPID to play an offense that puts a weak defense like Tulsa's on the field so much.

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

NuttinItUp

Dang. OU is so much better than Tulsa as evidenced on that runback right there

BigHog396

Quote from: BigDeal on September 21, 2007, 09:26:06 pm
So, IMO, If he scores more that 28 pts on OU -- Look out.  I don't give a F*** who wins.  28 pts by a mid major on OU, Nutt bites what's left of his fingernails.
If he scores 28, it will be against OU 3rd team.  This game is going just as I figured.  TU offense fun to watch, but unproductive in the grand scheme of things.  There is NO WAY we could have run that offense last year.  We didn't have a QB that could run or pass nearly as good as TU's.  That offense is relying on a very mobile QB.  DMac is the only player who could QB that offense for us. 

You are correct. Let me tell you the problem with Gus's offense. It may be genius, but too complicated. It WON'T EVER work. Sorry. This reminds me of genius technology that has been developed for the Internets, but never comes into play because it is too difficult for developers and engineers to get their hands around it. Same problem with Gus' offense. He will never find a group of guys in college that will get it enough.

Kind of like the genius' it took to figure out that one of the TOP 5 Offenses in D1 football "WON'T EVER work"!

BigDeal

Looks like Shibest is coaching Tulsa's special teams.

missippihog

I guess next will be Gus doesn't coach special teams either.

blue

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on September 21, 2007, 09:27:05 pm
Who thinks we woud be moving the ball on OU like this?  Theyve easiy surpassed all of OU's other opponents in yardage in the first half, and are going to get plenty more.  If their 'D' was average they could win this game.

Nutt shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Gus.  Gus is TRULY doing more with less. 
I was thinking the same thing. The funny thing is, Gus won't find any satisfaction in losing no matter what, But nutt will be defensive about any offensive success he might have.

Smokehouse

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 21, 2007, 09:31:05 pm
Dang. OU is so much better than Tulsa as evidenced on that runback right there

OU's players are just too big for TU to handle.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

ark30inf

Everybody sees what supports their agenda.  Whatever it is, I would say he at least isn't "High School".  We will see in a few years where he ends up.  Whether he fades out, or whether he ends up as a Tuberville, Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis somewhere at a bigger program.   

NuttinItUp

Was anyone else not able to connect to hogville for awhile there? I am guessing that is why there are so few posts in the last little bit

BigDeal

Quote from: blue on September 21, 2007, 09:24:30 pm
Why has the board been down? Anybody know.

Tulsa is playing tonight and the board has been overloaded.

Smokehouse

Quote from: missippihog on September 21, 2007, 09:31:36 pm

You seem to imply that there would be something wrong in saying that... when it's true.

Lord of the Hogs

Quote from: stronguard on September 21, 2007, 09:28:21 pm
Quote from: Lord of the Hogs on September 21, 2007, 09:24:46 pm
Quote from: stronguard on September 21, 2007, 09:23:08 pm
Points on a major program by a MID-major counts.  Points on a major program by a MAJOR program mean squat if you lose.

Oooops I forgot, Huggs think we ARE a mid-major.  WTH was I thinking?

For your education. I am NOT a Hugger, not a fan of Nutt's at all, not one bit, one him gone, like yesteryear. I don't feel the same about Lee.

For your education I did not call YOU a Hugg.  You assumed that one all by yourself.   With all of this paranoia you're exhibiting, maybe you ARE a closet Hugg.  :D

GIve me a break, you clearly implied that I am a hug. I simply said that I am not. I really am sick of Nutt as our coach, it's beyond disgusting, that has NO bearing on the discussion in this thread.

Lord of the Hogs

Quote from: Smokehouse on September 21, 2007, 09:33:03 pm

You seem to imply that there would be something wrong in saying that... when it's true.

Could you please remind me who our WR coach was last season? I've forgotten.

N HOG

We didn't have a QB that could run or pass nearly as good as TU's.  That offense is relying on a very mobile QB.  DMac is the only player who could QB that offense for us.  

Uh....I'm thinking we had a QB who was 8-0 as a starter last year who was at least MILDLY knowlegeable concerning the offense.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Lord of the Hogs on September 21, 2007, 09:34:15 pm

Our WRs affect Tulsa special teams? Please explain.

hogster23

If he scores 28, it will be against OU 3rd team.  This game is going just as I figured.  TU offense fun to watch, but unproductive in the grand scheme of things.  There is NO WAY we could have run that offense last year.  We didn't have a QB that could run or pass nearly as good as TU's.  That offense is relying on a very mobile QB.  DMac is the only player who could QB that offense for us. 

You are correct. Let me tell you the problem with Gus's offense. It may be genius, but too complicated. It WON'T EVER work. Sorry. This reminds me of genius technology that has been developed for the Internets, but never comes into play because it is too difficult for developers and engineers to get their hands around it. Same problem with Gus' offense. He will never find a group of guys in college that will get it enough.

So you are saying that high school kids are smarter then D1 athletes?

riccoar

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 21, 2007, 09:32:41 pm
Was anyone else not able to connect to hogville for awhile there? I am guessing that is why there are so few posts in the last little bit
It was down, not sure why.  Would have to ask Douglas.

dmac4sainthood

As I predicted...if TU gets stomped, there would be Gus apologists coming out of the woodwork to say its OU and he doesn't have the talent to play with them...sort of like Troy doesn't have the talent to play with OSU, but that didn't stop them...Cincy with the other OSU as well.

Had TU won, there would have been a glorious uprising in Gus's greatness.

Gus people, settle the hell down.  No one was going to judge Gus or set this game as a bench mark.  We understand they are OU.  Thou dost protest too much!!!!  If you are that damn worried about the guy you are supporting being judged, perhaps you don't have as much confidence in him as you profess.

If DMac goes out and lays an egg on saturday, we will still be comfortable with having DMac in the backfield every time out the rest of the way out.  

Support your guy, and the way to support him is not to apologize and make excuses.  We know for TU to beat OU, it was a tall task, and the offense has been ok, probably a C+ (decent yardage, but the bulk of the consistant movement of the football came on the first drive, which happens a lot)  

blue

You mean who had the title, or who was the coach?

missippihog

I forgot, Gus translated in Arkansan is God.

Boarcephus

You have to admit that Tulsa has thrown to more wide open receivers tonite than we have the last couple years.   One more thing...Casey couldn't start for Tulsa.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Lord of the Hogs

Quote from: hogster23 on September 21, 2007, 09:36:16 pm

[/quot

IMO that issn't the case. IMO this HS defenses simply didn't have the horses to stop this offense but any decent college does. THAT is the difference between the levels of play.

RocknRollRazorback

Quote from: missippihog on September 21, 2007, 09:37:36 pm

if that were true, he'd be here
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

ishankem

tulsa had 2 yds rushing in first half.   

you got to have a balanced offense to win big.   thats 1 reason tulsa won't win the big game and why the hogs won't win the big game this year!

hogster23

Quote from: dmac4sainthood on September 21, 2007, 09:36:51 pm
As I predicted...if TU gets stomped, there would be Gus apologists coming out of the woodwork to say its OU and he doesn't have the talent to play with them...sort of like Troy doesn't have the talent to play with OSU, but that didn't stop them...Cincy with the other OSU as well.

Gus people, settle the hell down.  No one was going to judge Gus or set this game as a bench mark.  We understand they are OU.  Thou dost protest too much!!!!  If you are that damn worried about the guy you are supporting being judged, perhaps you don't have as much confidence in him as you profess.

If DMac goes out and lays an egg on saturday, we will still be comfortable with having DMac in the backfield every time out the rest of the way out.  

Support your guy, and the way to support him is not to apologize and make excuses.  We know for TU to beat OU, it was a tall task, and the offense has been ok, probably a C+ (decent yardage, but the bulk of the consistant movement of the football came on the first drive, which happens a lot)  
Are you watching the game? they seem to be moving the ball pretty well against the #2 defense in the nation....to bad they dont have a running game....and a defense....or this could be a pretty close game....

Smokehouse

Quote from: missippihog on September 21, 2007, 09:37:36 pm

I don't think Gus is God. I think it would be irrational to blame Gus for anything going bad in this game except for the offense and QB, which he has control over, and those are both doing well against a team with a lot more talent than they have.

missippihog

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 21, 2007, 09:37:58 pm
You have to admit that Tulsa has thrown to more wide open receivers tonite than we have the last couple years.   One more thing...Casey couldn't start for Tulsa.

Yes, bc that TU QB is great. (see last pass).

razorhogfan

Tulsa looking like sh*t, OU going to cover the spread

cmakrzrbak

Imagine if Gus would have had full reign with D-Mac, Monk, Jones, Hillis, Williams, Cleveland, and Mustain.

I'll be back after I go vommit...
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

pigmania

Big Deal hasn't got a clue. He needs to think long and hard and obtain the facts before he posts.

Lord of the Hogs

Quote from: blue on September 21, 2007, 09:37:11 pm

You mean who had the title, or who was the coach?

So you're denying that Gus was infact in charge of the development of our WR lat season? Hmmm, guess he didn't call any of the plays that didn't work either?

missippihog

Quote from: razorhogfan on September 21, 2007, 09:40:09 pm

But they are scoring points.

dmac4sainthood

Quote from: N HOG on September 21, 2007, 09:34:50 pm
We didn't have a QB that could run or pass nearly as good as TU's.  That offense is relying on a very mobile QB.  DMac is the only player who could QB that offense for us.  

Uh....I'm thinking we had a QB who was 8-0 as a starter last year who was at least MILDLY knowlegeable concerning the offense.

Don't forget, a few of those 8 wins we won in spite of Mustain, not because of him....See Alabama...also why don't we fluff up his stats with the fact that 3 of those remaining 7 wins were against Utah St., La-Monroe, and SEMO.  Not to mention he threw all of 10 passes against Auburn.

When we want to give #5 and #25 the credit they deserve...maybe I will get off it.  Just wish we would remember where our bread is and has been buttered once in a while.  

blue

Quote from: missippihog on September 21, 2007, 09:39:21 pm
You have to admit that Tulsa has thrown to more wide open receivers tonite than we have the last couple years.   One more thing...Casey couldn't start for Tulsa.

I thought you turned the corner. Are you a counterfeit like HDN?

chortle

I've got no dog in this fight really, but if DMAC, Felix, MM, Damian, Hillis, Monk and Cleveland were running THIS TU offense, not Dale's watered down version of Gus's offense, the Hogs would be blistering OU's a$$.

ishankem

by the way,  how did this Clay guy get out of state?  did the hogs go after him big?
he looks great for a freshman!

missippihog

Quote from: blue on September 21, 2007, 09:41:23 pm

I thought you turned the corner. Are you a counterfeit like HDN?

Because I think HDN should go doesn't mean I have to kiss GM's AZZ.

WBChogfan

Before we blast Tulsa too much, let us remember...

OU has been steamrolling EVERYONE.  OU would likely take the Hogs to the woodshed this year. 

Smokehouse

You have to admit that Tulsa has thrown to more wide open receivers tonite than we have the last couple years.   One more thing...Casey couldn't start for Tulsa.

Oh noes, an interception against a much better team!

If the offense gets consistently shut down and he throws picks against conference opponents, then the time for sarcasm is upon you. For now, putting up 21 against the #4 team in the country when you're Tulsa is pretty good.

riccoar

Looks like OU will go undefeated this year because the Big12 is down.

pigfeet

Quote from: BigDeal on September 21, 2007, 09:21:44 pm
History shows I have always liked Gus. Unfortunately, he is getting embarrassed tonight with that offense.

Put the crack pipe down

razorhogfan

Quote from: razorhogfan on September 21, 2007, 09:40:09 pm
at least he was funny on the half time show..well a little funny

Lord of the Hogs

Quote from: chortle on September 21, 2007, 09:42:07 pm
I've got no dog in this fight really, but if DMAC, Felix, MM, Damian, Hillis, Monk and Cleveland were running THIS TU offense, not Dale's watered down version of Gus's offense, the Hogs would be blistering OU's a$$.

Not if they had Tulsa's defense.

dmac4sainthood

Quote from: hogster23 on September 21, 2007, 09:38:59 pm
Quote from: dmac4sainthood on September 21, 2007, 09:36:51 pm

Are you watching the game? they seem to be moving the ball pretty well against the #2 defense in the nation....to bad they dont have a running game....and a defense....or this could be a pretty close game....

Haven't changed the channel once, not to mention I am indifferent about Gus, so I will not allow it to sway me pro or anti.  I don't like Nutt for the record, but I am not about to crown Gus Pop Warner just yet!  Tulsa has looked as they should look...executed decently, but outmatched in all areas, and that isn't the coach's fault...it is a level thing.

missippihog

Quote from: WBChogfan on September 21, 2007, 09:42:36 pm
Before we blast Tulsa too much, let us remember...

OU has been steamrolling EVERYONE.  OU would likely take the Hogs to the woodshed this year. 

It is about to be a 4 TD lead and the 3rd Q isn't over. They are steamrolling Tulsa too.

BigDeal

Yes. I don't think D1 athletes glue together like HS kids can.

stormyhog

Quote from: swisshog on September 21, 2007, 03:43:57 pm
I watch Tulsa games and don't watch UA games.

Why is your name SwissHOG?  You do realize that you are missing the best player ever to wear a Razorback uniform?  It's really sad that you would miss that opportunity because I guess you can't stand HDN.  That's pathetic.  I don't care for HDN either, but wouldn't miss D-Mac for the world.  Go to a TU board and change your screen-name to SwissGusLover