Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noticeable difference between Nutt and Saban during the game.

Started by jamie72921, September 17, 2007, 09:35:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you rather be our head coach? Houston Nutt or Gus Malzahn

Houston Nutt
49 (16.9%)
Gus Malzahn
241 (83.1%)

Total Members Voted: 264

jamie72921

After Crawford's fumble, the broadcaster's pan to Nut who talks to Crawford before he letting him go to the bench.

At that point Nutt hadn't done anything wrong, but they pan to the bench where the idiot line coach Markuson is shown screaming in the faces of the receivers like a maniac.

The camera pans back to Nutt who is making a face as if someone is holding a little turd directly under his nose and he is repeatedly saying "Unbelievable, Unbelievable, UNBELIEVABLE!" Then the dork notices he is on camera and instantly breaks into cheerleader mode. What a fake!

He was caught red handed pouting and sulking about a player instead of trying to pick the kid up because he might be needed later in the game.

Saban's team also made unbelievable mistakes but to his credit he was the first coach out on the field doing encouraging his team to get past the mistake. Instead of pouting, he realized those kids wouldn't have a chance later on if a coach got in their face like a crazed banshee.

Do you think that might have something to do with why his kids continued to play with poise even though they were being manhandled?

Do you thing that an atmosphere where Nutt openly pouts in front of his team while letting Markuson and Baby Huey Herring scream at players in public might contribute to the consistent panic of our players late in the games over the last decade?

Nutt doesn't respect his players and it shows.
Bless your heart

bphi11ips

Hadn't noticed but will take your word for it.  Astute observation and good post.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

unkosher

I can't stand Houston and have wanted him gone forever, but chewing kids out and being tough on them is a good thing.  I have seen Saban do it multiple times when he was at LSU.  I am not slamming on you, but this is not a criticism I agree with.  Now the unbelievable comments were lame, but then Dale is lame; however, I have to admit I was saying the same thing.  Nobody even touched the kid.

bvillepig

Good post

Did you guys see the Boise coach in the bowl game against OK.  After his QB threw the interception that gave OK the lead he went straight to the the player picked him up and told him to get over it ,get your head in the game,  and go win it.

Thats leadership

One other note.  I saw enough with my own eyes of Markunson (the real OC) and how he treated Malzahn last year that I was finished with him.

CorningHog

Nutt is like the kid that you beat a hundred times in pickup basketball one on one in your carport.  He acts all nice and friendly and the one time he beats you he runs around clapping wildly, running in circles, screaming and pointing his finger saying " I'm number one " " I'm number one ".!!!!

He never acts like he has been there.  Easily wears his emotions on his sleeve and does not exude confidence or a calm demeanor.

This staff looked much worse in 2005 at Tuscaloosa and what is sad, the "Chinese Firedrill" that is the Arkansas coaching staff, is just a repeat performance of "Groundhog Day".  It never gets any better.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

The HogDog

The biggest thing I noticed was HDN running around like a junior high student at the high school prom and Saban was calm and cool like he's been there before... oh wait... he has. 

Did you notice his expression when the game winning TD was thrown?  He raised both arms and smirked a little bit but again he acted as if he had been there before and was Joe Cool about it.  I don't like Saban but his demeanor was what a "professional" coach should have been.

CorningHog

Oh, and the person above that said Markuson is the real "OC" is correct.

Or at least he thinks he is and probably, Nutt feels he should be but that no one would respect Nutt if he hired him as the OC.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

FWF79

Groundhog Day
I spit beer on that one. Thats the best one I have heard in some time.

Hawgballz

Quote from: jamie72921 on September 17, 2007, 09:35:00 pm
After Crawford's fumble, the broadcaster's pan to Nut who talks to Crawford before he letting him go to the bench.

At that point Nutt hadn't done anything wrong, but they pan to the bench where the idiot line coach Markuson is shown screaming in the faces of the receivers like a maniac.

The camera pans back to Nutt who is making a face as if someone is holding a little turd directly under his nose and he is repeatedly saying "Unbelievable, Unbelievable, UNBELIEVABLE!" Then the dork notices he is on camera and instantly breaks into cheerleader mode. What a fake!

He was caught red handed pouting and sulking about a player instead of trying to pick the kid up because he might be needed later in the game.

Saban's team also made unbelievable mistakes but to his credit he was the first coach out on the field doing encouraging his team to get past the mistake. Instead of pouting, he realized those kids wouldn't have a chance later on if a coach got in their face like a crazed banshee.

Do you think that might have something to do with why his kids continued to play with poise even though they were being manhandled?

Do you thing that an atmosphere where Nutt openly pouts in front of his team while letting Markuson and Baby Huey Herring scream at players in public might contribute to the consistent panic of our players late in the games over the last decade?

Nutt doesn't respect his players and it shows.

You may want to watch again for Satan tearing into Wilson after the Norton interception.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

El Dog Hog

Shouldnt someone have been chewing on London? He dropped the ball at midfield when no one was around him. Someone needed to tell him how bone-headed that was. Call it like it is, b/c if they would have not said anything to him, then you would be mad b/c he was letting him get away with whatever, and something about a moral victory. London deserved to get chewed out and should have sat out a series. He fumbled the ball at midfield!!!

Hoggish1

Quote from: CorningHog on September 17, 2007, 09:58:49 pm
Nutt is like the kid that you beat a hundred times in pickup basketball one on one in your carport.  He acts all nice and friendly and the one time he beats you he runs around clapping wildly, running in circles, screaming and pointing his finger saying " I'm number one " " I'm number one ".!!!!

He never acts like he has been there.  Easily wears his emotions on his sleeve and does not exude confidence or a calm demeanor.

This staff looked much worse in 2005 at Tuscaloosa and what is sad, the "Chinese Firedrill" that is the Arkansas coaching staff, is just a repeat performance of "Groundhog Day".  It never gets any better.

So, can someone please explain to me why this guy is STILL COACHING OUR TEAM?

hair of the hog

maybe it wasnt a turd maybe he smelled his own play calling
Go sell crazy somewhere else , we are all stocked up around here

TN_Realist

Not really trying to support Nutt, just think you are trying to find something where there is nothing
But what was your reaction when that happened?  If it wasn't "Unbelievable" I Would like to know what it was.

ballhogger14u

I thought the stupid move was Saban taking the 3pts when we had been running it right down their throat the whole night. If Dmac could have played that last series I think we would have won the game and Alabama would have been calling for his head, but of course we pass the ball on 3rd down and give them the ball back with plenty of time to drive down the field with a little help from the men in stripes and score and bale Saban out. now somehow he is a genius

Hawgon

Quote from: El Dog Hog on September 17, 2007, 10:28:36 pm
Shouldnt someone have been chewing on London? He dropped the ball at midfield when no one was around him. Someone needed to tell him how bone-headed that was. Call it like it is, b/c if they would have not said anything to him, then you would be mad b/c he was letting him get away with whatever, and something about a moral victory. London deserved to get chewed out and should have sat out a series. He fumbled the ball at midfield!!!

I submit that it if any chewing was to be done, it should be the head coach or his position coach, not the offensive line coach.  Honestly, these kids are better men than I.  If I were a rather large and in shape kid, and Mike Markuson was getting in my face acting like an idiot, and he isn't even my position coach, I would probably kick his ass right there on the sideline for everyone in the whole stadium to see.

Mark my words, Alex Wood is going to be the scape goat for the whole season.  They are going to blame all of their passing woes on the receivers.

High schools receivers out there who may be reading this post, if Arkansas comes to recruit you, run, hide, lock the doors.  Do whatever is necessary but by no means ever, and I mean ever, come to Arkansas if you want to actually play football.

Arazorbackguy1

UNBELIEVABLE!!!   I said it along with Houston, because IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE THAT HE DID THAT!!!!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Hawgon on September 18, 2007, 06:36:29 am

I submit that it if any chewing was to be done, it should be the head coach or his position coach, not the offensive line coach.  Honestly, these kids are better men than I.  If I were a rather large and in shape kid, and Mike Markuson was getting in my face acting like an idiot, and he isn't even my position coach, I would probably kick his ass right there on the sideline for everyone in the whole stadium to see.

Mark my words, Alex Wood is going to be the scape goat for the whole season.  They are going to blame all of their passing woes on the receivers.

High schools receivers out there who may be reading this post, if Arkansas comes to recruit you, run, hide, lock the doors.  Do whatever is necessary but by no means ever, and I mean ever, come to Arkansas if you want to actually play football.

I doubt you'd make a pee wee league team, much less a D1 school roster. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

taoteching

September 18, 2007, 07:13:49 am #17 Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 07:21:09 am by taoteching
I vote for Gus Malzahn for our head coach.  He has clearly demonstrated that he is the better coach.

I saw the Arkansas-Alabama game Saturday on TV.  Then I saw the Tulsa-BYU game live Saturday night.  I simply could not beleive what I was seeing.  Tulsa demonstrated fastastic offensive power.

BYU was bigger and more talented.  BYU is a big time program.  The Las Vegas odds makers had BYU to be the favorite and I can see why because they are very good.  But everytime BYU would score, Tulsa would come right back with long passes and score again.  It was the best game I have have ever seen.  The worst thing about it, I was thinking that Gus Malzahn should still be the offensive coach at Arkansas or even the head coach.

My final conclusion is that the Reggie Herring's defense lost the Alabama game.  Arkansas had better talent but the Arkansas coaching was not equal to the task.

gcraise1

I also watched the tulsa vs byu game and was amazed. And it looked like a familar offense that I saw arkansas run last year when we won 10 games as well. IMO lesser talented teams are using this offense to level the playing field and are doing it very well. Way to go GM you continue to prove you are a winner.

jrparrish

blue

LuckyGiraffe

I'm not sure that Gus is ready to head up a big D1 school yet, but better him than Nutt.

I could instantly be a better HC than Nutt!  My philosophy when hiring is to always hire people that can do the job better than I can.  Sure you will have to replace them when they leave for better jobs/promotions, but man, my peers keep talking about how great MY staff is!  I pass the credit to them, but it is no secret that it makes me look good.

Too many people are scared of talented people below them:
Exhibit 1: the huge ego of Hooten Dale Nutt

Bucksnort

The line forms to the right to throw Hooten under the bus.  Gus is a man, Hooten is a blamer.

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

granny grunt

At this point I would take Bozo the Clown over Nutt,   oops,  Nutt is Bozo!!!!

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

i would rather Homer Simpson be our coach than nutty.

MsNuttsandBolts

Hands down,,,,,,,,,,,,Gus. He has more class in his little finger than our coach could ever dream of having. I hope our new AD is a mamber of Hogville. Just in case,,,,,,,,,,,Jeff, welcome.
MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

Boardon Hamsay

GM for the sake of this poll, but I would take a lukewarm bucket of water or a muffler bracket from a '78 Pinto over HDN.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Albert Einswine

If those are the only choices I get it's Malzahn without hesitation.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hog Nutt

Quote from: opineonswine on September 18, 2007, 08:22:10 am
neither was not an option in this particular poll.  Pick one.

Just like the Arkansas Football program, they don't have that option either.
But, if you insist, Gus

The Marmot

Quote from: opineonswine on September 18, 2007, 08:22:10 am
neither was not an option in this particular poll.  Pick one.

If I had to pick one, its obviously Gus.

But back in the real world, I don't want either of them right now.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

bullwarrior

Let's see, a high school coach in his second year of being an assistant at the college level, or a coach with 7-8 bowls, 12-15 years head coaching exp., boy I like the high school coach with little college experience!!  I don't think so.  I will take Nutt. 

The real Hogules

Gus Malzahn is already three times the D-1 coach that Nuttless will EVER be, so of the two of them it's a no brainer, Gus.

Now if we were in the market for a self proclaimed winner & fighter, then Nuttless would win hands down, but just don't expect him to back his talk up with on the field accomplishments.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: bullwarrior on September 18, 2007, 08:41:54 am
Let's see, a high school coach in his second year of being an assistant at the college level, or a coach with 7-8 bowls, 12-15 years head coaching exp., boy I like the high school coach with little college experience!!  I don't think so.  I will take Nutt. 

And you'll continue to underperform and embrace mediocrity.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

The real Hogules

Quote from: Bigdaddy Freaknasty on September 18, 2007, 08:40:36 am
You guys are all crazy...Bet you all graduated from Springdale high huh?  I am not a Nutt fan either, but Malzahn is much worse.  He breads hate and discontent and could have easily put out the fires with baby boy Mustain last year but he did nothing...of the 2 choices Nutt is by far the better choice.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if YOURS is based on ignorance/stupidity.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

MsNuttsandBolts

You guys are all crazy...Bet you all graduated from Springdale high huh?  I am not a Nutt fan either, but Malzahn is much worse.  He breads hate and discontent and could have easily put out the fires with baby boy Mustain last year but he did nothing...of the 2 choices Nutt is by far the better choice.

What a lousy first post. Where are you from, Texas?

anthonytkr

Quote from: bullwarrior on September 18, 2007, 08:41:54 am

And his record in these 7-8 bowls is?

Silver Hog

hoggystyle78

More likely from the BAC. Don't those guys ever work?
Quote from: MsNuttsandBolts on September 18, 2007, 08:44:29 am

Albert Einswine

Quote from: MsNuttsandBolts on September 18, 2007, 08:44:29 am

Check the name, Bigdaddy Freaknasty.    Sounds like a Houston Nutt text handle.

Bigdaddy Freaknasty

And where are you from?  This site says Hogville on it, why are all the threads here doing nothing but bashing the hogs?  And I can already hear your reply "I am not bashing Hogs just their Coach"  Well guess what, that is the exact attitude Malzahn and those Springdale boys had and that is where all the problems came from.  I'll bet you are one of thos "oh I support the troops but not the war"  people aren't you?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Bigdaddy Freaknasty on September 18, 2007, 08:48:13 am
And where are you from?  This site says Hogville on it, why are all the threads here doing nothing but bashing the hogs?  And I can already hear your reply "I am not bashing Hogs just their Coach"  Well guess what, that is the exact attitude Malzahn and those Springdale boys had and that is where all the problems came from.  I'll bet you are one of thos "oh I support the troops but not the war"  people aren't you?

PROOF?  Show one shred of evidence that Malzahn or the Springdale players were guilty of one thing you just accused them of.

Annax10

I chose Malzahn.  Because I like the spread attack (running and passing, mind you) and I enjoy watching his trick plays.  His style of football is fun to play and watch.  And I think Houston Nutt makes poor play-calling choices and holds his players to standards less than excellence.

"Bigdaddy"-  I would like to know what makes you think everyone who like Gus Malzahn is from Springdale?  I am from Greenwood, AR.  I like Gus Malzahn, and I don't like Houston Nutt.  This is not a geographical issue, as has been stated many times before.  I think the "hate and discontent" is likely more Nutt's fault for letting it happen on a team he's in charge of.

-1 for making yourself sound so ignorant.

hoggystyle78

Wow!, idiot alert!, idiot alert!

MsNuttsandBolts

anthonytkr

Here we go with some idiot troll bringing the war into it again.  Go back to class.

HedgeDweller

September 18, 2007, 08:55:57 am #49 Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 08:58:16 am by HedgeDweller
Flawed poll,  Malzahn hasn't had the first bit of college head coaching experience, and very little college experience AT ALL.

He, like Mustain, may have potential and all the high school accolades there are, but folks, neither were/are ready for the big time yet.

Get real, folks.