Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I heard from someone today that Gruden has hinted he may want to try

Started by Hogeyeblind, September 17, 2007, 09:17:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Nashville Fan on September 19, 2007, 02:20:47 pm
Face it, if LSU opens... he would go there first. Anyone would. And I think LSU will open.
I have MI losing to Penn st, Wisc, OSU, maybe to MIST. Carr is gone.

I think LSU would go after Tedford or Belloti, just my opinion though.  I could see Chucky prowling the sidelines...
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: rlh06 on September 19, 2007, 02:45:26 pm
Quote from: Nashville Fan on September 19, 2007, 02:20:47 pm
Face it, if LSU opens... he would go there first. Anyone would. And I think LSU will open.
I have MI losing to Penn st, Wisc, OSU, maybe to MIST. Carr is gone.

I think LSU would go after Tedford or Belloti, just my opinion though.  I could see Chucky prowling the sidelines...
My fear is the void left when a top program loses a coach will suck all of the top choice coaches away from AR. The reshuffling will leave AR dealt out. Pardon the pun. Similiar to the KY void in BB. We might not get as lucky two times in a row.
Pittman or Bust!

stan the man

No way Gruden (Dennis the Menace)ends up at Arkansas because he will have much better options.

texas tush hog

Quote from: HoopHog on September 17, 2007, 09:41:55 pm
Quote from: ThisLittlePiggie on September 17, 2007, 09:33:50 pm
If Gruden ends up in college football it will be at Notre Dame. "The only job he would ever take outside of the NFL". Notre Dame thought they had him when it settled for Ty Willingham.

Gruden did not play at Notre Dame...Charlie Weiss did.  Gruden played QB at the University of Dayton. 
Charlie Weiss never played college football at all.

texas tush hog

Quote from: stan the man on September 19, 2007, 03:49:05 pm
No way Gruden (Dennis the Menace)ends up at Arkansas because he will have much better options.
I hate to say it but you are right. Gruden will have Tennessee,Michigan, U.C.L.A, and possibly
Notre Dame to choose from if not L.S.U , Penn State, and Florida State.

texas tush hog

shanewayne

Maybe Long would bring another Pittsburg guy in here. Bill Cowher. Enough said!!
The decisions that you make today WILL affect you for the rest of your life.

mrcrowley

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 17, 2007, 10:22:23 pm
I would take him over what we have.
are you nuts. chucky would probably pass on 3rd and 12 with 2 minutes left in the game and the opponent having no timeouts. oh wait that was dale.
id take him or Butch id even take knute in his present state poor health.

SuthrnFballer15

Quote from: Hogeyeblind on September 17, 2007, 09:17:46 pm
college football.

Long hired a NFL washout at Pitt, would he try it here?

How would that go over with the Hog faithful?  He has pretty much stunk it up in Tampa the last several years.

I like the coach, his record may not be spectacular but he is charismatic on the sideline and expects  hard work from his players. He's a no bs kind of coach. Plus the fact that he is still younger than most coaches could mean hes got a plenty of time to prove himself. Plus I'll take any coach that coached a Super Bowl and won. 
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

nychog

If Gruden ends up in college football it will be at Notre Dame. "The only job he would ever take outside of the NFL". Notre Dame thought they had him when it settled for Ty Willingham.

It's been mentioned that he's next in line for the Florida St. job as well.

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: HoopHog on September 17, 2007, 09:41:55 pm

Gruden did not play at Notre Dame...Charlie Weiss did.  Gruden played QB at the University of Dayton. 

And exactly where was it that I said Gruden played for ND. All I said was Gruden has been quoted saying "The only job I would ever take outside of the NFL is ND". Now...that was about 5 or 6 years ago.