Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama Sportswriter understands: ARK has great talent; Pathetic Coaching

Started by TULAWHOG, September 17, 2007, 04:17:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reb-87

wooo

ark30inf

Quote from: Flatfoot on September 17, 2007, 07:03:25 pm
You notice anything, not one hugger has placed a thread on here to dispute what was written. 

Maybe some folks will sit up and take note.  Sometimes its only out-of-state embarassment for Arkansas that gets action.

Hogphilia

Quote from: cpohog on September 17, 2007, 06:24:08 pm
So that explains it!
This coaching staff (pee wee league) were actually giving Malzahn a compliment when they were calling him High school. LOL. They, deep down wanted to be as good as him.

Now that is FUNNY and TRUE....+1 to you my man.

Lady Hawg Buff

Quote from: Hogphilia on September 17, 2007, 07:30:17 pm
So that explains it!
This coaching staff (pee wee league) were actually giving Malzahn a compliment when they were calling him High school. LOL. They, deep down wanted to be as good as him.

I wonder what they think now...but then again, we know, they think they are the greatest coaches of all time...BUT are nothing but products of the 'Good Ole Boy' system.  And it's coming back to bite them.  I didn't like the comment Reggie had to say about, "Ask the referees" - what a wussy statement. 

Now that is FUNNY and TRUE....+1 to you my man.

HawgTide

Great article!Unfortunately the Alabama game won't be the only one we lose this year due to inferior coaching.

carlyle513

That writer can expect an explitive filled email that begins with "Listen Mister! %$#@@@!@$%^&"

Rick will be crying as he pounds away furiously at the keyboard.

ark30inf

Quote from: NEVERWAS1 on September 17, 2007, 07:43:31 pm
Great article!Unfortunately the Alabama game won't be the only one we lose this year due to inferior coaching.

This needs to be posted everywhere.

jblack19

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 17, 2007, 04:20:44 pm
Quote from: TULAWHOG on September 17, 2007, 04:17:53 pm
I have rarely read words this true.  Alabama sportswriter sees things as they are here on the hill.
Click here
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070916/SPORTS/709160322/1055

Damn ! He's right though

PSHHHHHHH... Typical sports writer, he would be crying in his oatmeal and saying how good the Hogs were if Alabama would have lost.. he's gloating and you guys bow to this man? WTH

jrparrish

you will never see wally hall write an article like this. that is why he will always be known as barely a mediocre sports writer. i would hate to go through life knowing i did my job half-assed because i had no backbone and was too scared of the U of A and lil nutt, and what they would say. grow a pair wally.

ark30inf

Quote from: jblack19 on September 17, 2007, 07:58:33 pm
PSHHHHHHH... Typical sports writer, he would be crying in his oatmeal and saying how good the Hogs were if Alabama would have lost.. he's gloating and you guys bow to this man? WTH

THEY WON....they have no selfish reason to demean us and laugh at us at this point...being 3-0.  In fact it would be more in their favor to come out and say that they beat a genius.  It does them no good to say that they beat a fool.  In this case.....they just told the truth.....but some in this state have not realized that they are being embarassed yet.  Sooner or later something so stupid will happen that the whole nation will laugh at and it can't be blown off.

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

pimpndistress

:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

PIGINAPOKE

The same thing I have known for years....Awesome.. Someone get this out local!! Great find and all truth.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Biggus Piggus

Wowie zowie.  Zing!  Amazing that it's not just manufactured controversy from the 5 Percenters.  And I bet he doesn't even have relatives in Springdale.
[CENSORED]!

HoopHog

More people from outside our borders are seeing how mis-managed this Arkansas program has become.  Nutt is going to have a tough time finding any toher collegte program that would even give him an interview!

jtnhogs

This is a MUST-read for anyone who cares about the Hogs.  Finally, someone recognizes how watching a Nutt team makes a fan want to pull his hair out. 

NFL players and Pop Warner coach.

hogchick26

So that explains it!

You are absolutely right. +1
It's a new day in Razorback Nation! Go Hogs!

HoopHog

Quote from: hogchick26 on September 17, 2007, 08:57:23 pm
So that explains it!

You are absolutely right. +1

and earn the compliments of college coaches who had purchased his book and video...even though he was JUST a high school coach.  Nutt fears intelligence like Americans fear the Al Quada!

coachp

Damn I thought the further South you went the more Nutt was loved (according to him) there must be a freakin mob waitning for Nutt's a** in Springdale (The Hater's up North).

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Chad In Real Life

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

paradigm

WOW!!!!! That is the truth!!! How long will it be before there is a change on the hill???

Hoggish1

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 17, 2007, 04:20:05 pm
"But hey, look at the bright side. You could be an Arkansas fans, and have two of the best running backs in the country, a solid offensive line and a decent defense and have all of it undone by a bad coaching staff.

And goodness, is Houston Nutt and staff ever pitiful. You can't help but feel sorry for poor ol' Darren McFadden. The guy runs for almost 200 yards and two touchdowns and loses. That doesn't happen at many SEC schools, especially at the ones lacking really good basketball programs.

But McFadden and his backfield mate, Felix Jones, are stuck in this Pee Wee league offense, where they try to figure out every goofy way imaginable to get these guys the ball. As if simply turning around and handing it to them isn't enough.

Really, it's like Pee Wee ball, where you have that one kid on the team who's clearly better than everybody else and you come up with every scheme imaginable to let that kid touch the ball. The problem is the guys on defense aren't in the Pee Wee league, so that nonsense only works every now and then, and often backfires altogether. But that doesn't deter Nutt and the boys.

The Arkansas coaches have McFadden playing running back, quarterback, kick returner and on-the-field offensive coordinator. You half expect him to trot out and knock through an extra point or two.

Then you've got quarterback Casey Dick, who must be wondering just what in the world he's supposed to do in such a setup. Every fifth play, he's on the sidelines. And then people wonder why he's not playing very well.

It's maddening to watch the kind of talent Arkansas has be wasted. And that's coming from me. It must be head-bangingly frustrating for Razorback fans." 

AMEN to that.  Can we hire this writer to write for some publication in Arkansas?

You can't have a writer tell it like this in Arkansas, which is why we are in this mess to begin with.

budcampbellfan

nut thought he was in the running for the Alabama job.  Shows how totally our of touch with reality this guy is.  His self-perception must be just insane.  "Winner, winner and a fighter."  uh huh.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

War Warthog

So would it be out of order to wear a bunch of "PEE WEE LEAGUE" t-shirts to RRS?

Resignation called, brutha!

TransAmHawg

He's just a plant from the Wookie Nation.
  Should at least be sticky'd
  +1 for the find but now the Huggers will be after you.
  Let's foi his phone records and see who he's been calling
  Must be Teresa's ex-husband
  Ride Posse ride, They're going on a road trip to Montgomery
  He might want to watch out for a MSM drive-by.
  He obviously doesn't "want to be a Razorback."
  Quick, ship him some Koolaid!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Jabba Da Chuck won't like this.
  He just blew his trout fishing trip with Clay.
  Can some one read this to Dale, He might not understand some of dem big wurds
  Hope he doesn't wake up with a dead elephant head in bed with him.
  You got to ask yourself, "What would Zena do?"

You see how my mind wonders, Good work my friend.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

pignatious

So sad, but true. All the talent in the world and a coaching staff that is Pee Wee football caliber. He is wrong about his comment we have a solid defense though. Herring is totally over-rated as a defensive coordinator. We have holes all over the field. Bama had guys running wide open all night. All we can hope for is the new AD has some sense and is willing to dig deep into the wealthy pockets of the University and its boosters. I hope a post-season performance review reveals the obvious, that this coach is Sun Belt quality at best, not SEC material. In a league with Saban, Miles, Spurrier, Fulmer, Richt and Tuberville the best we can do is Nutt??? Let's get real.
Freedom is never free.

Hoggish1

Quote from: ark30inf on September 17, 2007, 08:04:46 pm
Quote from: jblack19 on September 17, 2007, 07:58:33 pm

THEY WON....they have no selfish reason to demean us and laugh at us at this point...being 3-0.  In fact it would be more in their favor to come out and say that they beat a genius.  It does them no good to say that they beat a fool.  In this case.....they just told the truth.....but some in this state have not realized that they are being embarassed yet.  Sooner or later something so stupid will happen that the whole nation will laugh at and it can't be blown off.

Now, would that something so stupid happen in the UK game?

mword

I really like this part of the article - "And goodness, is Houston Nutt and staff ever pitiful."

PorkSoda

Quote from: pignatious on September 17, 2007, 09:59:36 pm
So sad, but true. All the talent in the world and a coaching staff that is Pee Wee football caliber. He is wrong about his comment we have a solid defense though. Herring is totally over-rated as a defensive coordinator. We have holes all over the field.
I don't think herring is that bad, we have just done a terrible job recruiting DB's.  Right now Grant is the only serviceable DB we have, and he can't play all 4 positions, not to mention we have no depth.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

pignatious

Quote from: PowderHawg on September 17, 2007, 10:07:04 pm
Quote from: pignatious on September 17, 2007, 09:59:36 pm
So sad, but true. All the talent in the world and a coaching staff that is Pee Wee football caliber. He is wrong about his comment we have a solid defense though. Herring is totally over-rated as a defensive coordinator. We have holes all over the field.
I don't think herring is that bad, we have just done a terrible job recruiting DB's.  Right now Grant is the only serviceable DB we have, and he can't play all 4 positions, not to mention we have no depth.
Part of my assessment of his coaching is his lack of recruiting ability. He should be out there busting his butt for quality DB's. I don't think he is doing that.
Freedom is never free.

HogFan1973

just read it again, and it is just as funny the third time as it was the first.  Have we gotten this to Jeff yet?  Has anyone posted it over at other boards yet?

unkosher

"I've said it for years and I'll say it again.  Houston Nutt is simply not a smart man.  I'm glad the rest of the world is finally catching on.  Give it another 15-20 years (and a few funerals) and maybe someone in the Arkansas media will begin to get a clue."

I blame the media for the current situation as much as I blame anyone.  The press in Arkansas are weak spined and dishonest.  They hint and make general reference to problems that they have known were going on forever.  It is not that they don't have a clue.  Even now, people like Grant Hall will make every excuse and act like they are just playing Devils Advocate.  It is bullcrap.  You watch when Houston is forced out, even if he is not fired, they will do the whole "see I told you so" routine.  Wally is a prime example.  He has only written one article where he took the gloves off and it created a state wife controversy.

bhuie

That was awesome!  If only some of the media clowns in Arkansas had such a grasp of the obvious...

RazrBakr

Quote from: usnavyhogfan on September 17, 2007, 04:33:13 pm
anyway we can get that put in the the papers around the state? its pretty bad when you have to go out of state to hear the truth. nutt sucks. always have and always will. you get what you pay for
Really, I don't see that he's worth 1.2 million, but that's what the payroll leak is knocking down.  Get what you pay for?   I wish we got that much out of the Dork!
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

hair of the hog

Go sell crazy somewhere else , we are all stocked up around here

TennesseeRaz

hardcorehog

Typical Alabama Bear Bryant BS

I guess Saban sharted his wealth with the refs in the closing moments.  I guarantee, Hogs will have better win record than Bama this year. With all of the dropped balls, penalties, etc.  Bama should have beat us by 30 if Saban was worth anything.

ark30inf

Quote from: hardcorehog on September 18, 2007, 12:27:05 am
Typical Alabama Bear Bryant BS

I guess Saban sharted his wealth with the refs in the closing moments.  I guarantee, Hogs will have better win record than Bama this year. With all of the dropped balls, penalties, etc.  Bama should have beat us by 30 if Saban was worth anything.

We will have a better Sun Belt record for sure.

The "it's the refs" deal is getting as old as "they are all Texans except for us and its not fair".

hogs25

God I hope Jeff Long cans his arse and start someone new with a clean slate.  No need in waiting another year or two to do it, do it now.  Put yourself in his shoes would you wanna put up with that sob?  NO!

Salty Hog

If this article doesn't hit the nail on the head, nothing does!!  If only someone in the AR media would have the intestinal fortitude to write such an article and call our offense what it is: "Pee-Wee league". Great stuff!!!  I love the Hogs, but I'm so frustrated seeing this coaching staff hang all their hopes on one outstanding player (i.e. M. Jones / Dmac), and not develop or squander the rest of the talent that is available.
Fear The Hog!!!!

Westcoasthog

Josh Moon the sports writer for the Montgomery Advertiser said the TRUTH - Arkansas has great talent, but a coaching staff like Pee Wee ball.
    Jeff Long take care of your first order of business FIRE HOUSTON NUTT AND ALL OF HIS STAFF!

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

HogStang

Quick fix=dirty stinking money.

Oh, that means paying a NEW coach loads of cash.....not piling more money on the current coach.

Albert Einswine

Classic!  This guy understands because Bama fans have been through it.  Bama had the smarts to fix it.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070916/SPORTS/709160322/1055

"And goodness, is Houston Nutt and staff ever pitiful. You can't help but feel sorry for poor ol' Darren McFadden. The guy runs for almost 200 yards and two touchdowns and loses. That doesn't happen at many SEC schools, especially at the ones lacking really good basketball programs.

But McFadden and his backfield mate, Felix Jones, are stuck in this Pee Wee league offense, where they try to figure out every goofy way imaginable to get these guys the ball. As if simply turning around and handing it to them isn't enough.

Really, it's like Pee Wee ball, where you have that one kid on the team who's clearly better than everybody else and you come up with every scheme imaginable to let that kid touch the ball. The problem is the guys on defense aren't in the Pee Wee league, so that nonsense only works every now and then, and often backfires altogether. But that doesn't deter Nutt and the boys.

The Arkansas coaches have McFadden playing running back, quarterback, kick returner and on-the-field offensive coordinator. You half expect him to trot out and knock through an extra point or two.

Then you've got quarterback Casey Dick, who must be wondering just what in the world he's supposed to do in such a setup. Every fifth play, he's on the sidelines. And then people wonder why he's not playing very well.

It's maddening to watch the kind of talent Arkansas has be wasted. And that's coming from me. It must be head-bangingly frustrating for Razorback fans."
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 18, 2007, 07:04:22 am
Classic!  This guy understands because Bama fans have been through it.  Bama had the smarts to fix it.

"And goodness, is Houston Nutt and staff ever pitiful. You can't help but feel sorry for poor ol' Darren McFadden. The guy runs for almost 200 yards and two touchdowns and loses. That doesn't happen at many SEC schools, especially at the ones lacking really good basketball programs.

Damn Albert, does it get any plainer than that.
How can anyone still support this clown?

dman

I am not a hugger and am not a hater, but damn this guy nailed the situation.  Felix had that "coach why am I not on the field" look when Smith was playing and I was wondering the same thing.