Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama Sportswriter understands: ARK has great talent; Pathetic Coaching

Started by TULAWHOG, September 17, 2007, 04:17:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Feralhog

Quote from: JoeHog27 on September 18, 2007, 04:20:33 pm
A great post, what a great find. Too bad you didn't see it had already been posted on here and what exactly are the good points we are supposed to learn? That a pee wee offense scored 38 points God's defense? If you get what you pay for, then what will all the coaches who make more than HDN do to that defense then? It was a homer written article full of BS. Take this crap to Hogville or one of those boards and you will get a better response.

This is a response from otis kirk After i posted it on rivals.

Otis may have a point.  He's the local chief expert on homerism.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Hog in MO

From the Montgomery, AL Advertiser.  Pretty sad when outsiders can see what some of us can't see for ourselves.  Sorry if this is a repost - I looked down the first page but I'm not gonna scroll the entire board for it - smite me  8)

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20070916&Category=SPORTS&ArtNo=709160322&SectionCat=&Template=printart

chortle

There is a thing called a search tool.

LSUFan

Quote from: JoeHog27 on September 18, 2007, 04:20:33 pm
A great post, what a great find. Too bad you didn't see it had already been posted on here and what exactly are the good points we are supposed to learn? That a pee wee offense scored 38 points God's defense? If you get what you pay for, then what will all the coaches who make more than HDN do to that defense then? It was a homer written article full of BS. Take this crap to Hogville or one of those boards and you will get a better response.

This is a response from otis kirk After i posted it on rivals.

Otis can't even read the article, b/c his head is buried up Nutt's ass to his chin.

Otis is a BAC prostitute, he says what he gets paid to say.

TulsaJack32

Otis is like the rest of the Ark media, they are all idiots.  Everyone is too busy kissing the athletic dept's ass, no one will write the truth.  That article was true and I think the guy was writing what he thought.  Everyone knows and repects who and what McFadden, Jones and Hillis are on the field.  Especially SEC writers outside of the state of Ark. 

Salty Hog

Quote from: saywhat? on September 18, 2007, 01:35:18 pm
An Auburn writer talking about pee wee offenses.  Now that is hilarious.  And what is with this talent thing?  I thought Nutt couldn't recruit?  Or is it whatever fits the agenda.  

Truth hurt?
Fear The Hog!!!!

OKhogfan1959

The truth is THE truth! It don't matter who writes about it..Its worse than the Greenwood pee wee offense..

doo-ran

TruthHog

Quote from: jst01 on September 17, 2007, 04:22:06 pm
Wow!  I would give anything for that guy to be a part of the Arkansas media!! 

Dream on. They all suck up to the U up here. Some are even told to pipe down when they start to tell the dark side of the story.
Calmer than you are.

therealdecoy

I'm sure Arkansas Coaching understands: BAMA has great talent; pathetic sportswriters (if you can call this guy a sportswriter).

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

sechog

Well that Pee-Wee Offense put 38 points on the mighty Saban coordinated Defense. Many people on this board would believe offensive guru of college football GM developed that Pee-Wee play for D-MAC. And it works. Our Pee-Wee coach that gets paid Pee-Wee money compared to other SEC coach gave the 4 million dollar man a run for his money and score 38 points in 3 quarters.

tenhog

Whataboar™

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 17, 2007, 04:20:05 pm
"But hey, look at the bright side. You could be an Arkansas fans, and have two of the best running backs in the country, a solid offensive line and a decent defense and have all of it undone by a bad coaching staff.

And goodness, is Houston Nutt and staff ever pitiful. You can't help but feel sorry for poor ol' Darren McFadden. The guy runs for almost 200 yards and two touchdowns and loses. That doesn't happen at many SEC schools, especially at the ones lacking really good basketball programs.

But McFadden and his backfield mate, Felix Jones, are stuck in this Pee Wee league offense, where they try to figure out every goofy way imaginable to get these guys the ball. As if simply turning around and handing it to them isn't enough.

Really, it's like Pee Wee ball, where you have that one kid on the team who's clearly better than everybody else and you come up with every scheme imaginable to let that kid touch the ball. The problem is the guys on defense aren't in the Pee Wee league, so that nonsense only works every now and then, and often backfires altogether. But that doesn't deter Nutt and the boys.

The Arkansas coaches have McFadden playing running back, quarterback, kick returner and on-the-field offensive coordinator. You half expect him to trot out and knock through an extra point or two.

Then you've got quarterback Casey Dick, who must be wondering just what in the world he's supposed to do in such a setup. Every fifth play, he's on the sidelines. And then people wonder why he's not playing very well.

It's maddening to watch the kind of talent Arkansas has be wasted. And that's coming from me. It must be head-bangingly frustrating for Razorback fans." 

AMEN to that.  Can we hire this writer to write for some publication in Arkansas?
Sent him an email complimenting him on nailing it on the head when it comes to Nutt and his staff.
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

Mr. Hog

Arkansas journalists are the biggest chicken s%+#% people i have ever seen, they realize if they don't pump the sunshine they are out of the loop.

somebody please prove me wrong.
Go Hogs Go!

ArkieBrat

I have already emailed this journalist commending him on an excellent, well written article along with letting him know he had completely nailed the situation.  This article blew me away.."excellent" is such a lame adjective. 

Amazing what a journalist can see when NOT wearing rose colored glasses.

My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

Pecos Hog

Nutt just has this uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.    Over and over and over again.