Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama Sportswriter understands: ARK has great talent; Pathetic Coaching

Started by TULAWHOG, September 17, 2007, 04:17:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bvilleboar

I have never been able to understand how our own fans can defend this joke of a coach. 

Dmac is the best player in college football right now.  Not even close.  Dmac may be the best RB the SEC has even seen, and that says a lot.  He will never win the heisman with Houston the BOZO as coach.
2012 the year of the HOGS

Tripod1

Perfect take on Nuttless and his coaching ability.  There is a possibility that riding DMAC so hard has caused him to not be 100% for weeks to come.  Concusions are nothing to sneeze at and although he is tough he may not bounce back like we hope.  What a fighter he is though.  Too bad he has to have a coach like Nuttless.

secfan30

So much for the idea the The Idiot is respected outside of Arkansas.

whitecohogg

If this guy would have had anything good to say about HDN you clowns would have been saying how he doesn't know squat about Arkansas and how can he comment on Arkansas when he's in Alabama. Guaranteeed!!

Conway Cool Daddy

If he had anything good to say about Nutt he would probably be wrong......

Houston h

Houston is a joke of a coach everywhere in the country except Arkansas.  I live out of state and listen to the regional radio shows in the south that blast Nutt week in and week out and they have for years.  This is nothing new guys, he has wasted great talent every since he got here.  Think what Cobbs, Madre, MJ and others could have done in an offense that worked aroung their skills.

hoggystyle78

If only our "homegrown" media would grab thier balls and TELL THE TRUTH!, about the clown we have coaching our football team then more of the fans, especially the casual fans would know what kind of embarrassing idiot we have for a head coach! I can only hope that Long gets rid of this embicile before he can further damage the Hog program. Fire his arse now!!, the sooner the better. >:(

Juboar

Todays ADG picked up a portion of Moons article on page 6--"What They're Saying"

at least they printed a portion.

Quote from: jst01 on September 17, 2007, 04:22:06 pm
Wow!  I would give anything for that guy to be a part of the Arkansas media!! 
Its easy to go off on another school's staff. I wonder if that guy speaks the same about Auburn or Alabama? That would be apples to apples.

Hawgasaurus

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

pfrg999

Never has more truth been written about the Hogs in an Alabama paper.
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

MsNuttsandBolts

The bottom lined spelled out by someone other than a Hog fan. More articles like this are going to happen this year. I hope the Dork is beefing up his resume. I just wish we could keep the 10 million that he is gonna take with him. Who wrote that deal anyway? What an *** joke.
MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

doo-ran

Quote from: opineonswine on September 18, 2007, 08:29:05 am
I wish the Ark papers would re-print this article for all to read.  Some of the lies we've been handed that the whole world thinks Dale is Knute Rockne except the mean ole haters, would be severely discredited.
Here, I'll do my part to help.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070916/SPORTS/709160322/1055

Hogwaller

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Hogwaller on September 18, 2007, 09:20:41 am
Apparently the long arm of the BAC doesn't reach to Alabama.

It's obvious that it reaches the Arkansas media.  It's funny how an out of state reporter rips our coaching staff a new one while the Arkansas media continues to pump sunshine into this state.  The Alabama media is a better voice for Arkansas than the Arkansas media...at least they voice our sentiments.

TULAWHOG

Quote from: opineonswine on September 18, 2007, 09:40:02 am
Quote from: TULAWHOG on September 18, 2007, 09:32:32 am

It's obvious that it reaches the Arkansas media.  It's funny how an out of state reporter rips our coaching staff a new one while the Arkansas media continues to pump sunshine into this state.  The Alabama media is a better voice for Arkansas than the Arkansas media...at least they voice our sentiments.

But I thought the sentiments of out-of-staters was that DMW was a great coach?  I'm confused.  Maybe Josh Moon is a hater?
Ha Ha, sure, that's why they were offering DMW so much money to succeed Shula.  Alas, they decided they didn't want the second coming of Shula and opted for, we'll say, a slightly more proven coach that takes responsibility for his actions...what would that be like? 
It's funny because Moon has absolutely Zero reason to bash DMW and company.  As a matter of fact, you would think it's more in his interest than the Arkansas media to bolster DMW's credibility because Alabama has MORE of an incentive to encourage us to keep DMW than we do.  He is sick of watching it as an ALABAMA FAN!!!!!  That's just simply unbelievable.

go hogues

Great article. 
Articles like this are perfect for keeping the heat on Nutt's sorry butt this year.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Juboar on September 18, 2007, 08:14:16 am
Todays ADG picked up a portion of Moons article on page 6--"What They're Saying"

at least they printed a portion.

What portion did they print?

intoxhog

QuoteBut McFadden and his backfield mate, Felix Jones, are stuck in this Pee Wee league offense, where they try to figure out every goofy way imaginable to get these guys the ball. As if simply turning around and handing it to them isn't enough.

Really, it's like Pee Wee ball, where you have that one kid on the team who's clearly better than everybody else and you come up with every scheme imaginable to let that kid touch the ball. The problem is the guys on defense aren't in the Pee Wee league, so that nonsense only works every now and then, and often backfires altogether. But that doesn't deter Nutt and the boys.

WOW!!!!!

EVERYONE PLEASE EMAIL JEFF LONG and add this link.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

LSUFan

LSUFan

But I thought the sentiments of out-of-staters was that DMW was a great coach?  I'm confused.  Maybe Josh Moon is a hater?

I thought the further South he went, the better he was as a coach?

intoxhog

I just emailed the writer to give him a big THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

TULAWHOG

Quote from: LSUFan on September 18, 2007, 10:18:09 am

I thought the further South he went, the better he was as a coach?

Ya, if you go far enough South.  I'm sure they LOVE him in Baton Rouge; they get to beat him every year.  I guarantee you that LSU has no interest in our changing coaches.

intoxhog

Albert Einswine

Quote from: LSUFan on September 18, 2007, 10:16:45 am

PLEASE HURRY UP YOU DUMBA$$E$, I GOTTA TEXT DONNA!

Exhibit A:   Crazier than a sack full of rabid weasels.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Rev. Hog

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Rev. Hog on September 18, 2007, 10:29:53 am
Pretty much says it all...

Almost.  If he would have mentioned the fact that we have no quarterback on campus but in the past 2 years had 3 of the nations BEST prospects at QB LEAVE the state of Arkansas (Mallet, Burns, Mustain for those in the dark), then he would have been a little bit closer...save for Malzahn, D. Williams, B. Green etc. etc. etc.

BamaHamr

For those of yall saying this is a Bama homer writing this you couldn't be more WRONG!
Josh Moon is in Montgomery(auburnland) and has been bashing Bama since we hired Saban, he is not I repeat NOT a Bama homer.

check out everydayshouldbesaturday.com and read some of the comments if you want to know what fans around the country think of nutt.

TULAWHOG

Quote from: BamaHamr on September 18, 2007, 10:38:48 am
For those of yall saying this is a Bama homer writing this you couldn't be more WRONG!
Josh Moon is in Montgomery(auburnland) and has been bashing Bama since we hired Saban, he is not I repeat NOT a Bama homer.

check out everydayshouldbesaturday.com and read some of the comments if you want to know what fans around the country think of nutt.

So??  It doesn't change anything from our perspective.  So it's an AUBURN FAN and sportswriter who is tired of watching Nutt waste talent...it's still pretty revolting.  He has no reason to unduly criticize Nutt and company.  He's just doing his job and for that we THANK you Josh Moon.

drivetimeporks

Quote from: silvertip on September 17, 2007, 04:27:03 pm
Everybody over here in Bama is shaking their heads over Nutt's passing on 3rd down & giving Saban enough time to run his 2-minute offense. They're laughing about it on talk-radio.

well..for some reason the "dear god, we gotta pass" sceanrio didnt work....again...oh..and u knowthat clock thingy does stop when u throw an incompletion... fyi houston

khawg95

I wonder what people think about this writer's shot at Malzahn, who came up with the Wildcat-hog. The writer is calling IT pathetic. I thought people liked the wildcat-hog. Which is it? I do not have any problem putting the ball in the hands of DMAC, but not having Hillis run the ball from the tailback spot up the middle on the last drive was stupid.

OUSoonerJedi

Considering the better half time adjustments were made on the Arkansas side of the ball and that the "Pee Wee" offense took Alabama to the woodshed in the second half I don't think he has much credibility. One could argue that Arkansas' coaches did as good or better than Bama's did.

Feralhog

Quote from: OUSoonerJedi on September 18, 2007, 11:15:58 am
Considering the better half time adjustments were made on the Arkansas side of the ball and that the "Pee Wee" offense took Alabama to the woodshed in the second half I don't think he has much credibility. One could argue that Arkansas' coaches did as good or better than Bama's did.
We clearly have more talent that Bama, at damn near every position except the secondary.  Jay Sarah Parker Wilson Phillips has a noodle for a friken arm.  I wonder what the score had been if Saban had been coaching the hogs and Nutt coached the tide?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

TULAWHOG

That would be a ridiculous argument. Here's why:
1)  McFadden is the reason Bama was taken to the woodshed, NOT the "pee-wee" offense that consists of five yard outs; run on first down, run on second down; pass the 5 yard out on 3rd.  The point is, if you have the best player in the nation in the backfield, it should be enough to just hand the ball off to him and let him do his thing.  You should have an more sophisticated passing game than "pee wee" football so that all you have to do with McFadden is hand off to him and throw him the ball (like SC did with R. Bush).

2)  HDN's decision to pass the ball when the defense was out of timeouts with two minutes left was absolutely terrible.  Further, why wasn't F. Jones in the game?  If Nutt runs the ball there, BAMA runs out of time, game over.

3)  Halftime Adjustments?  We should have never been trailing at halftime because:
         1) The coaching staff should have should have known prior to the BAMA game that Norton couldn't cover receivers.
         2)  The playcalling was so terribly predictable in the first half that commentators were even saying we should try passing on first down. 
If Nutt and Co. were half as prepared as Saban, this game wouldn't have been close.  We clearly have more talent on offense.  Defense is probably a wash, because Alabama has a ton of new faces just as we do.  Our LBs are more experienced, we got all but one DB back and our defensive line still has some solid players.  Coaching lost this game, anyway you look at it.

TULAWHOG

Quote from: khawg95 on September 18, 2007, 11:11:00 am
I wonder what people think about this writer's shot at Malzahn, who came up with the Wildcat-hog. The writer is calling IT pathetic. I thought people liked the wildcat-hog. Which is it? I do not have any problem putting the ball in the hands of DMAC, but not having Hillis run the ball from the tailback spot up the middle on the last drive was stupid.

People do like it when its not a substitute for a solid passing game!!

Salty Hog

[
Quote from: TULAWHOG on September 18, 2007, 11:30:09 am

That would be a ridiculous argument. Here's why:
1)  McFadden is the reason Bama was taken to the woodshed, NOT the "pee-wee" offense that consists of five yard outs; run on first down, run on second down; pass the 5 yard out on 3rd.  The point is, if you have the best player in the nation in the backfield, it should be enough to just hand the ball off to him and let him do his thing.  You should have an more sophisticated passing game than "pee wee" football so that all you have to do with McFadden is hand off to him and throw him the ball (like SC did with R. Bush).

2)  HDN's decision to pass the ball when the defense was out of timeouts with two minutes left was absolutely terrible.  Further, why wasn't F. Jones in the game?  If Nutt runs the ball there, BAMA runs out of time, game over.

3)  Halftime Adjustments?  We should have never been trailing at halftime because:
         1) The coaching staff should have should have known prior to the BAMA game that Norton couldn't cover receivers.
         2)  The playcalling was so terribly predictable in the first half that commentators were even saying we should try passing on first down. 
If Nutt and Co. were half as prepared as Saban, this game wouldn't have been close.  We clearly have more talent on offense.  Defense is probably a wash, because Alabama has a ton of new faces just as we do.  Our LBs are more experienced, we got all but one DB back and our defensive line still has some solid players.  Coaching lost this game, anyway you look at it.

Amen!
Fear The Hog!!!!

arkrzrbacks

I emailed Justin Acri this article this morning asking how much kool-aid Rick would have to use on it. I just received an email back from Justin stating he personally does not like the article but would bring it up on the air today on 103.7 the buzz.   I'm at work and unable to listen, but I wonder how he downplayed it?

PulledPork

anyone notice how the huggers are slowly coming out of their holes in this thread....kind of like releasing the hounds one at a time.

Pulled out....

TULAWHOG

Quote from: PulledPork on September 18, 2007, 01:22:45 pm
anyone notice how the huggers are slowly coming out of their holes in this thread....kind of like releasing the hounds one at a time.

Pulled out....

That's because not as many people are viewing the thread anymore and they figure they can get the last word in without opposition.  Cowards.

saywhat?

An Auburn writer talking about pee wee offenses.  Now that is hilarious.  And what is with this talent thing?  I thought Nutt couldn't recruit?  Or is it whatever fits the agenda.  

TULAWHOG

Quote from: saywhat? on September 18, 2007, 01:35:18 pm
An Auburn writer talking about pee wee offenses.  Now that is hilarious.  And what is with this talent thing?  I thought Nutt couldn't recruit?  Or is it whatever fits the agenda.  

Still can't recruit.  We could make a laundry list of in state recruits that have left the state either due to HDN directly or indirectly.  Most notable: Mallet, Burns, Mustain, D. Williams, B. Green, L. Ziemba, DeAngelo Williams, Charles Clay (WR for Tulsa this year who starts as a Freshmen and has more TDs than any WR on our team) etc. etc. etc.

Nutt got McFadden because McFadden would have been a Hog if YOU were the coach...he was a Razorback through and through and committed as soon as he could.  Nutt has lost very Key prospects in the state and most of them either started or played significantly as true freshment.  That's terrible and unacceptable.

As far as Auburn's offense, take a look at the last 10 years and tell me which team has had more balance on offense.  While you are at it, tell me which team has went undefeated.  Which has played in a BCS game?  Which has a SEC Title?

clockwisehog

I played pee wee football and man that article is an insult to my coach!!! 
"Doctors are always trying to tell me, you've got to start slowing it down.  But there's more old drunks than there are old Doctors, so I guess we should have another round" -- Willie Nelson

ebay286

I dont even consider my self a darksider but here is an excerpt from an article and its dead on:

"But hey, look at the bright side. You could be an Arkansas fans, and have two of the best running backs in the country, a solid offensive line and a decent defense and have all of it undone by a bad coaching staff.

And goodness, is Houston Nutt and staff ever pitiful. You can't help but feel sorry for poor ol' Darren McFadden. The guy runs for almost 200 yards and two touchdowns and loses. That doesn't happen at many SEC schools, especially at the ones lacking really good basketball programs.

But McFadden and his backfield mate, Felix Jones, are stuck in this Pee Wee league offense, where they try to figure out every goofy way imaginable to get these guys the ball. As if simply turning around and handing it to them isn't enough.

Really, it's like Pee Wee ball, where you have that one kid on the team who's clearly better than everybody else and you come up with every scheme imaginable to let that kid touch the ball. The problem is the guys on defense aren't in the Pee Wee league, so that nonsense only works every now and then, and often backfires altogether. But that doesn't deter Nutt and the boys.

The Arkansas coaches have McFadden playing running back, quarterback, kick returner and on-the-field offensive coordinator. You half expect him to trot out and knock through an extra point or two.

Then you've got quarterback Casey Dick who must be wondering just what in the world he's supposed to do in such a setup. Every fifth play, he's on the sidelines. And then people wonder why he's not playing very well.

It's maddening to watch the kind of talent Arkansas has be wasted. And that's coming from me. It must be head-bangingly frustrating for Razorback fans."

TULAWHOG

Quote from: ebay286 on September 18, 2007, 03:31:13 pm
I dont even consider my self a darksider but here is an excerpt from an article and its dead on:

"But hey, look at the bright side. You could be an Arkansas fans, and have two of the best running backs in the country, a solid offensive line and a decent defense and have all of it undone by a bad coaching staff.

And goodness, is Houston Nutt and staff ever pitiful. You can't help but feel sorry for poor ol' Darren McFadden. The guy runs for almost 200 yards and two touchdowns and loses. That doesn't happen at many SEC schools, especially at the ones lacking really good basketball programs.

But McFadden and his backfield mate, Felix Jones, are stuck in this Pee Wee league offense, where they try to figure out every goofy way imaginable to get these guys the ball. As if simply turning around and handing it to them isn't enough.

The Arkansas coaches have McFadden playing running back, quarterback, kick returner and on-the-field offensive coordinator. You half expect him to trot out and knock through an extra point or two.

Then you've got quarterback Casey Dick who must be wondering just what in the world he's supposed to do in such a setup. Every fifth play, he's on the sidelines. And then people wonder why he's not playing very well.

It's maddening to watch the kind of talent Arkansas has be wasted. And that's coming from me. It must be head-bangingly frustrating for Razorback fans."

The real burn: "And goodness is Houston Nutt and staff ever pitiful."  Ouch, and that's not even from an Arkansas fan.

JoeHog27

A great post, what a great find. Too bad you didn't see it had already been posted on here and what exactly are the good points we are supposed to learn? That a pee wee offense scored 38 points God's defense? If you get what you pay for, then what will all the coaches who make more than HDN do to that defense then? It was a homer written article full of BS. Take this crap to Hogville or one of those boards and you will get a better response.

This is a response from otis kirk After i posted it on rivals.

Pigmund Freud

Hurts from that source but it's dead-on. Hope Long and the BOT see it.

intoxhog

QuoteI played pee wee football and man that article is an insult to my coach!!! 

bahahaaha :)
sad but true