Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt climbs to #2 in CoachesHotSeat.com update; Blog predicts Hogs losing season and TT as new coach

Started by mathhog, September 16, 2007, 08:22:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: PulledPork on September 16, 2007, 11:13:56 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on September 16, 2007, 11:05:36 pm
TT is just like HDN.  Blindly looyal to upper classmen, wont stay away rom the offense, and can not get top SEC talent.  Good grief his 07 class had 10 kids not even qualify.  Do not forget, JFB wanted TT.

still drunk from the disappointing loss, huh, Sanity?

Pulled out....

I dont drink, i have better things to do than spend money on something that makes people act like morons and feel miserable the next day. 

As for the TT idea, i just do not see what would be so great about it.  His teams have regressed greatly since the undefeated season.  This year is shaping up as a complete disaster for him.I just think we can do better han TT if we are indeed looking for a coach after this year.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ChicoHog

No way way we want TT.  He did have an undefeated team but that was only while Bama was on probation and now Auburn is on a downhill slide.  Plus with Saban at Bama he will get less recruits.  He probably would take the Hog job but i don't think he is much of an improvement.  No Major Applewhite or Jason garrett either.  We want some experienced coaches.  Maybe like BC did and get a pro assistant.  he has done very well so far.  Or an established college coach but it would take big bucks.  I think the guy at South Florida (Leavitt) is probably as good a candidate as any.  Although he is the only coach they have ever had and he has virtually no pressure there so he may not want to leave.  Patterson from TCU is another although they lost their last two games so he loses some luster. 

HuntinHog421

He just lost to Miss. State, why would we want that son of a bitch? That's like a micro-step up from Nutt.
Nutt is gone, so let's move on.

VenturaHog

I would take TT over houston in a heartbeat but I feel like we could do better. Whoever it is needs to bring HOPE to arkansas, take our program to new heights, give us a reason to expand the stadium again.

Todd Grahm and GM would get no complaint from me...

HogFanInTulsa

Hell, I am going to go ask my boss MAYBE if I start acting like a idiot if I can get paid 1 mill + over the course of a year. No matter what I do still keep my job. Think hed go for it?

mathhog

Quote from: HogFanInTulsa on September 17, 2007, 06:09:40 am
Hell, I am going to go ask my boss MAYBE if I start acting like a idiot if I can get paid 1 mill + over the course of a year. No matter what I do still keep my job. Think hed go for it?

only if your boss knows he can manipulate you, and if you invite the boss to your office and let him make some decisions for you, oh and if your boss' name is on your building...

bigyellowdog

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

parrishw

Quote from: mathhog on September 16, 2007, 08:22:27 pm
These guys are usually pretty brutal, but pretty good at having a good read on reality.  I'm not sure I agree with the 5-7 prediction, but who knows.  Nutt was named one of last weekend's coaching "disasters".  Notre Dame's Charlie Weis is #1 on the hot seat.  Lots of SEC coaches fill the ranks as well: Auburn's Tuberville at #5, Ole Miss' Orgeron at #7, and Tennessee's Fulmer at #8 (yes Fulmer won a national championship, even without an under construction period)

LOTS of interesting stuff to read if you are a CF junkie.... pay attention to the big chart, the first link.    One thing of note:  a coach that was in the top 5 hot seat that has 'improved' all the way until 20?   Miss State's Croom.  I really think MSU is going to be better this year than expected.

Best line about Nutt:  Does anyone really believe that this guy isn't as good as gone come Thanksgiving?

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/HoustonNutt.htm
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatBlog.htm

Here's the site's prediction, too.... whaddaya think?

COACHES HOT SEAT PREDICTED 2007 SCHEDULE:  5-7
Troy    W   
at Alabama     L   
Kentucky     L   
North Texas    W   
UT Chattanooga    W   
Auburn    L   
at Ole Miss   L   
Florida Int'l    W   
South Carolina    L   
at Tennessee   L   
Mississippi St.     W   
at LSU     L   

"Disaster"?

I don't know what makes these guys so smart................I been predicting 5-7 for weeks and nobody has been listening.

PaleHorse

Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

stevenwayneslane

I would like to have that coaching staff from Tulsa. Look what they have done already. They will put up 30 points on Oklahoma. I didn't say they would beat them I said they would put up 30 points. Now on the flip side of that I think OK will score 70 or better. Tulsa's defense is aweful. They have no size or speed on that side of the ball.

realistic fan

Bring in Gus Malzahn. After this year he will have so much national news for the amazing job he has done at Tulsa that he will be wanted across the country for a head coaching job. We should bring him to Arkansas and let him work his majic.

cosmodrum

Wow, they think we'll only beat the cupcakes. Even a loss to Ole Miss? Now, the Dork blows, but we can go better than 5-7 with the blonde guy from Queer Eye at the helm. Even our staunchest darksiders don't think he'll go 5-7.

But then again, who knows.
Go away, batin'

WarEagle

Auburn fan weighing in here.  Tub is not on the hotseat.  Auburn is obviously off to a surprisingly bad start, but I frequent Auburn boards and only the very fringe is even suggesting getting rid of him. 

Our biggest problems are turnovers, qb and offensive line.  Tub addressed the qb situation by putting Kodi Burns in this week, and he looked okay for his first college action.  We have a ton of young talent.

We were not expecting this to be a bad year, and we are all upset about it, but the future still looks good and we all want TT to be part of that future.

Any Arkansas fans who say they would not like to have TT over Nutt are crazy, IMO.  The only SEC coaches I would trade for are Spurrier and maybe Meyer.  I think Tub is on par w/ Richt and Saban.
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

Hoggie1952

Norm Chow would be a godsend.  I agree with the 5-7 prediction only changing the Miss schools.  I think we win with Ole Miss and lose to Miss State

PaleHorse

Quote from: Hoggie1952 on September 17, 2007, 09:26:38 am
Norm Chow would be a godsend.  I agree with the 5-7 prediction only changing the Miss schools.  I think we win with Ole Miss and lose to Miss State

Lose?  Mississippi State? In the Rock?
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

major_hog_fan

I would take TT, but I am doubting we will have a losing season this season with the schedule we have. 

BentonHog

"Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."             --Calvin Coolidge

mathhog

Quote from: major_hog_fan on September 17, 2007, 10:53:28 am
I would take TT, but I am doubting we will have a losing season this season with the schedule we have. 

Are you sure about that?  I know 5-7 seems a stretch, but 6-6 could happen easily.  We have 1 L already, 2 more definite 'L's (@LSU, SoCar), and only need 3 more losses out of (@ Tennessee, Kentucky, MSU, @OMiss, Auburn).  If I were a betting man I'd say 7-5 but I would NOT be surprised to see us drop Ky, TN, AND Ole Miss from that last list!!!

ChicoHog

South carolina a guaranteed loss!  I doubt it  Their defense is good but their offense is very mediocre.  I think it's a toss up game at this point.  we still have a lot of football to play before that game. 

HoopHog

Chad In Real Life

If they fire Nutt and hire Tuberville thats doing nothing but making a laterall move in my opinion.
Its time to open the damn wallets and pay for quality.  Alabama did, I seriously doubt we would have to pay near 4 million to get an above average coach.

You cant tell me the Razorback foundation doesnt have the money.  Hell they would make the money back in the bowl appearances alone.
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

FWF79

I just hope the football coaching search goes better than the basketball (Altman) incident.

BTW I am not against Pelphrey, I was referring to the Gillespi and Altman saga.

mathhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 17, 2007, 09:23:14 pm
South carolina a guaranteed loss!  I doubt it  Their defense is good but their offense is very mediocre.  I think it's a toss up game at this point.  we still have a lot of football to play before that game. 

um, SC is 12 in the nation.  they have young guys who get more experienced each year...  i think SC and LSU are the for sure losses

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: mathhog on September 16, 2007, 08:22:27 pm
These guys are usually pretty brutal, but pretty good at having a good read on reality.  I'm not sure I agree with the 5-7 prediction, but who knows.  Nutt was named one of last weekend's coaching "disasters".  Notre Dame's Charlie Weis is #1 on the hot seat.  Lots of SEC coaches fill the ranks as well: Auburn's Tuberville at #5, Ole Miss' Orgeron at #7, and Tennessee's Fulmer at #8 (yes Fulmer won a national championship, even without an under construction period)

LOTS of interesting stuff to read if you are a CF junkie.... pay attention to the big chart, the first link.    One thing of note:  a coach that was in the top 5 hot seat that has 'improved' all the way until 20?   Miss State's Croom.  I really think MSU is going to be better this year than expected.

Best line about Nutt:  Does anyone really believe that this guy isn't as good as gone come Thanksgiving?

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/HoustonNutt.htm
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatBlog.htm

Here's the site's prediction, too.... whaddaya think?

COACHES HOT SEAT PREDICTED 2007 SCHEDULE:  5-7
Troy    W   
at Alabama     L   
Kentucky     L   
North Texas    W   
UT Chattanooga    W   
Auburn    L   
at Ole Miss   L   
Florida Int'l    W   
South Carolina    L   
at Tennessee   L   
Mississippi St.     W   
at LSU     L   

"Disaster"?

If this guy thinks that, why are we even playing this year.  We should just fold up now and crawl over to the corner of the room and cry.
This guy is obviously an idiot.  Who thinks that we are actually going to go 1-7 in conference this year.  Absolute worst case scenario would be 3-5.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

pfrg999

Quote from: taintlint on September 16, 2007, 09:26:34 pm
Some of you are so naive.

This is a bad bad bad team.

They will finish no better than 8-4 but 7-5 is more of a reality......as I have said for MONTHS.

Welcome back to earth Hog fans.

There's the old Taintlint's optimistic spirit that we love so much.... But you are probably right... However HDN will not have his little spot on Papa's lap after this season, well he may have it But Papa will be in the rocking chair and Jeff Long will be in the AD's office
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hilljack

...Hog fans would stay away from the next home game, Florida International on October 27.  A half-full Razorback Stadium, on Homecoming Weekend none the less will be the end...

How awesome would this be?  An empty staduim worked for the basketball program and if the season is anywhere near what the CoachesHotSeat predict, it could happen...and I think their predictions will be pretty accurate....

Bo Pelini (asst. LSU), Brent Venables (asst. Oklahoma), Charlie Strong (asst. Florida),Jimbo Fisher (asst. FSU), Tyron Nix (asst. South Carolina),

Any one of these guys would be a vast improvement.  Coaches who worked/learned from great coaches who know how to win, how to recruit and how to finish out a season.   

PeytonManningSUCKS

they've got us losing every sec game except Miss St.  I mean, come on, we're gonna pick up a win or two along the way.  That's just silly.  We'll lose some, but we'll dominate a couple too with our back breaking run game.  Don't call me a homer, I'm a realist in that.  7 games is about the least wins I see and hopefully that will bring Norm Chow to the fold.

WESTYHOGS

Major Applewhite is going to be a bigtime coach somday he might be a good fit here.He's a winner.
SMITTY