Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt climbs to #2 in CoachesHotSeat.com update; Blog predicts Hogs losing season and TT as new coach

Started by mathhog, September 16, 2007, 08:22:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

These guys are usually pretty brutal, but pretty good at having a good read on reality.  I'm not sure I agree with the 5-7 prediction, but who knows.  Nutt was named one of last weekend's coaching "disasters".  Notre Dame's Charlie Weis is #1 on the hot seat.  Lots of SEC coaches fill the ranks as well: Auburn's Tuberville at #5, Ole Miss' Orgeron at #7, and Tennessee's Fulmer at #8 (yes Fulmer won a national championship, even without an under construction period)

LOTS of interesting stuff to read if you are a CF junkie.... pay attention to the big chart, the first link.    One thing of note:  a coach that was in the top 5 hot seat that has 'improved' all the way until 20?   Miss State's Croom.  I really think MSU is going to be better this year than expected.

Best line about Nutt:  Does anyone really believe that this guy isn't as good as gone come Thanksgiving?

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/HoustonNutt.htm
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatBlog.htm

Here's the site's prediction, too.... whaddaya think?

COACHES HOT SEAT PREDICTED 2007 SCHEDULE:  5-7
Troy    W   
at Alabama     L   
Kentucky     L   
North Texas    W   
UT Chattanooga    W   
Auburn    L   
at Ole Miss   L   
Florida Int'l    W   
South Carolina    L   
at Tennessee   L   
Mississippi St.     W   
at LSU     L   

"Disaster"?

sihog

Quote from: mathhog on September 16, 2007, 08:22:27 pm
These guys are usually pretty brutal, but pretty good at having a good read on reality.  Though i'm not sure I agree with the 5-7 prediction, but who knows.  Nutt was named one of last weekend's coaching "disasters", and the blog screamed "RUN THE BALL HOUSTON".  Notre Dame's Charlie Weiss is #1 on the hot seat.  Lots of SEC coaches fill the ranks as well: Auburn's Tuberville at #5, Ole Miss' Orgeron at #7, and Tennessee's Fulmer at #8 (yes Fulmer won a national championship, even without an under construction period)

LOTS of interesting stuff to read if you are a CF junkie.... pay attention to the big chart, the first link.    One thing of note:  a coach that was in the top 5 hot seat that has 'improved' all the way until 20?   Miss State's Croom.  I really think MSU is going to be better this year than expected.

Best line:  Does anyone really believe that this guy isn't as good as gone come Thanksgiving?

Troy    W   
at Alabama     L   
Kentucky     L   
North Texas    W   
UT Chattanooga    W   
Auburn    L   
at Ole Miss   L   
Florida Int'l    W   
South Carolina    L   
at Tennessee   L   
Mississippi St.     W   
at LSU     L   

"Disaster"?
L. Carr at 19?
GO HOGS GO

mathhog

Quote from: sihog on September 16, 2007, 08:28:03 pm
L. Carr at 19?

Too high or too low?

I'd say that's about right.  So they lost 2 in a row, I'd be surprised if they didn't end up with 9 wins after the bowls at least.

hayesnjess

TT, no way.  SEC coaches don't go from one team to another in conference with out a NFL appearence.
Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on June 01, 2008, 02:13:24 pm
Cornhole her when she's on the leg curl machine.  She will know you mean business then.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

mathhog

Quote from: hayesnjess on September 16, 2007, 08:30:55 pm
TT, no way.  SEC coaches don't go from one team to another in conference with out a NFL appearence.

He won a nat'l champ a few years ago at Auburn didn't he, or tied for one.... I would think the BOT would take him if Nutt didn't come back on his own and somehow TT wanted to come here.

Not saying I agree with it, just saying, we would take him (by we I mean BOT)

jaredhoyt

WBChogfan

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on September 16, 2007, 08:33:31 pm
Quote from: hayesnjess on September 16, 2007, 08:30:55 pm

TT did it already.... ole miss to Auburn

Yes.  We don't need Ole Miss' and Auburn's leftovers.

SmokedBacon

i can have faith right?  fire the DORK

Troy    W  
at Alabama     L  
Kentucky     L  
North Texas    W  
UT Chattanooga    W  
Auburn    L  
at Ole Miss   L    
Florida Int'l    W  
South Carolina    L  
at Tennessee   L  
Mississippi St.     W  
at LSU     L  
lets talk Hog Sports Talk  and not smack mouth the team or coaches

mathhog

Quote from: jaredhoyt on September 16, 2007, 08:42:42 pm
Wow. Who knew Todd Graham was making more over at Tulsa than Nutt is in the SEC.

Why not...  his team actually closes out games....

scarolinahog

I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

I still think we win 8 in the regular season. Who knows though. And even though it should not be, it will probably be enough for Nutt to keep his job.

HeathWimp

These guys are usually pretty brutal, but pretty good at having a good read on reality.  I'm not sure I agree with the 5-7 prediction, but who knows.  Nutt was named one of last weekend's coaching "disasters".  Notre Dame's Charlie Weis is #1 on the hot seat.  Lots of SEC coaches fill the ranks as well: Auburn's Tuberville at #5, Ole Miss' Orgeron at #7, and Tennessee's Fulmer at #8 (yes Fulmer won a national championship, even without an under construction period)

Best line about Nutt:  Does anyone really believe that this guy isn't as good as gone come Thanksgiving?

Troy    W   
at Alabama     L   
Kentucky     L   
North Texas    W   
UT Chattanooga    W   
Auburn    L   
at Ole Miss   L   
Florida Int'l    W   
South Carolina    L   
at Tennessee   L   
Mississippi St.     W   
at LSU     L   

"Disaster"?

I wish that I could believe he'd be gone by Thanksgiving...but history tells us otherwise.  Nutt is here until **he** is ready to leave.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

geoffhog

"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Oliver

It wouldn't be Nutt's first 5 win season would it?  And he didn't get fired for the last one.

Oliver

Quote from: geoffhog on September 16, 2007, 09:10:35 pm
Quote from: scarolinahog on September 16, 2007, 09:04:35 pm
TT Is a helluva lot better than Nuttless
Auburn has lost to South Florida and Miss St.. and thats who you want?

He's also had an undefeated season and been to a BCS bowl game...something completely alien to Nuttjob.

mword

Nutt's possible replacements, one of them is Charlie Strong (asst. Florida). He would be the top of my list.

Oliver

Quote from: schweine on September 16, 2007, 09:16:34 pm
Nutt's possible replacements, one of them is Charlie Strong (asst. Florida). He would be the top of my list.

Great choice.  Him or Brent Venables.

hayesnjess

Bama coughed up the cash and got a big time coach.  We should do the same.  Find the name you want and through money at him till he says yes.
Cornhole her when she's on the leg curl machine.  She will know you mean business then.

sihog

Quote from: mathhog on September 16, 2007, 08:30:15 pm
Quote from: sihog on September 16, 2007, 08:28:03 pm
L. Carr at 19?

Too high or too low?

I'd say that's about right.  So they lost 2 in a row, I'd be surprised if they didn't end up with 9 wins after the bowls at least.
Low
GO HOGS GO

taintlint

Some of you are so naive.

This is a bad bad bad team.

They will finish no better than 8-4 but 7-5 is more of a reality......as I have said for MONTHS.

Welcome back to earth Hog fans.

Calling All Hogs

Weis has 8 more years on his contact with ND. They would have to pay him his weight in gold to get rid of him. Well, OK,
maybe not that much but several million for sure!  :D

hayesnjess

ICEman

Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on September 16, 2007, 08:27:35 pm
No way we go 5-7.
If DMac's injury is more pronounced than reported, or if his durability is brought into question, it is conceivable that we could finish 6 and 6 or worse.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HamShank

CarolinaHog1176

Troy    W   
at Alabama     L   
Kentucky     L   
North Texas    W   
UT Chattanooga    W   
Auburn    L   
at Ole Miss   L   
Florida Int'l    W   
South Carolina    L   
at Tennessee   L   
Mississippi St.     W   
at LSU     L   

5-7??  are you freakin' kidding me?  not a chance.  we're going to have a lot of close games like we had tonight, but our defense will improve like it always does throughout the season.  and the prediction that TT is the new coach?  no thanks.  his auburn teams have been decent, but their offense is almost as predictable as HDN's... I don't care if he's an arkansas guy or not.  if there's going to be a change, I'd like to get an ex-nfl coach who can attract the top tier recruits and run a pro style offense. 
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Panthers63

I would take tubby in a heart beat. He is a heck of a recruiter and not a bad coach, unless you think going undefeated is bad. Come on back home to Ark!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on September 16, 2007, 09:57:52 pm
Troy    W   
at Alabama     L   
Kentucky     L   
North Texas    W   
UT Chattanooga    W   
Auburn    L   
at Ole Miss   L   
Florida Int'l    W   
South Carolina    L   
at Tennessee   L   
Mississippi St.     W   
at LSU     L   

5-7??  are you freakin' kidding me?  not a chance.  we're going to have a lot of close games like we had tonight, but our defense will improve like it always does throughout the season.  and the prediction that TT is the new coach?  no thanks.  his auburn teams have been decent, but their offense is almost as predictable as HDN's... I don't care if he's an arkansas guy or not.  if there's going to be a change, I'd like to get an ex-nfl coach who can attract the top tier recruits and run a pro style offense. 

Like David Lee?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

oldtimerhog

Quote from: schweine on September 16, 2007, 09:16:34 pm

I have Charlie Strong or Norm Chow.
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

hayesnjess

Dixie Chicken

I'll take TT for 4-5 years. He'd take the job b/c of AR ties and no JFB. I agree he coaches soft teams and can be a whiner, but he's still an exponential improvement over what we have. He'd be prefect to get the team enough credibilty and success to go out and get a respectable coach to take the job.

hayesnjess

Credibilty and success do not lure a respectable coach.  Ask Saban what lures a coach.

T-hawg

As much as I hate the Cowgirls. I would take Jason Garrett. He is a offensive genius.

Major Applewhite would be a good one as well.

OR

Gus...

Shut cho mouth!
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hoglady

Why would any one want TT? Yes, he had one undefeated season at Auburn, but he obviously couldn't or didn't use that to make that program good year in and year out. His offense this year is just plain awful. He started ranked high last year and then tanked. I would hope we could do a lot better than that. Hell, what's Nutt's record against Tuberville? Why do we want someone who can't out coach Houston Nutt?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ark30inf

hayesnjess

jfb4ever

Let Tommy stay at Auburn, go back to Ole Miss, or sell used cars with Houston, but not Coach at Arkansas!

hayesnjess

mathhog

Quote from: hoglady on September 16, 2007, 10:37:41 pm
Why would any one want TT? Yes, he had one undefeated season at Auburn, but he obviously couldn't or didn't use that to make that program good year in and year out.

I'm no Tuberville cheerleader, but here is his record the last few years:
11 wins, 9 wins, 13 wins.

I'd say that's a heckuva lot better than Nutt's 8 wins, 4 wins, 5 wins (ok ok we had a 10 win season not 8 but no way nutt gets credit for vandy & bama's kickers having nightmare afternoons)

hayesnjess

beansandtaters

Quote from: jfb4ever on September 16, 2007, 10:41:00 pm
Let Tommy stay at Auburn, go back to Ole Miss, or sell used cars with Houston, but not Coach at Arkansas!

You must be crazy. The man has a 75% winning percentage, an undefeated SEC season, and has done it all while coaching at Alabama's second college.

jfb4ever

Do we want TT just because he is a little better than Nutt? He has done well at Auburn, but Alabama has been in the pits. TT would come because he knows he can't compete with Saban in Alabama. So do we want a coach who is afraid of Saban!

hoglady

Quote from: mathhog on September 16, 2007, 10:43:52 pm
Quote from: hoglady on September 16, 2007, 10:37:41 pm
Why would any one want TT? Yes, he had one undefeated season at Auburn, but he obviously couldn't or didn't use that to make that program good year in and year out.

I'm no Tuberville cheerleader, but here is his record the last few years:
11 wins, 9 wins, 13 wins.

I'd say that's a heckuva lot better than Nutt's 8 wins, 4 wins, 5 wins (ok ok we had a 10 win season not 8 but no way nutt gets credit for vandy & bama's kickers having nightmare afternoons)

Have you watched Auburn play this year? What's happenning there - no reason Auburn 3 years removed from an undefeated season should look the way they do this year. He'll be fired from Auburn if that team doesn't start playing better. If Nutt gets canned why wouldn't people want to hire someone better than him. I don't agree with hiring him just because of his AR ties. Forget that - go after the best coach that will come and open up the checkbook.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogsanity

TT is just like HDN.  Blindly looyal to upper classmen, wont stay away rom the offense, and can not get top SEC talent.  Good grief his 07 class had 10 kids not even qualify.  Do not forget, JFB wanted TT.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

beansandtaters

Quote from: hogsanity on September 16, 2007, 11:05:36 pm
TT is just like HDN.  Blindly looyal to upper classmen, wont stay away rom the offense, and can not get top SEC talent.  Good grief his 07 class had 10 kids not even qualify.  Do not forget, JFB wanted TT.

Uh oh...hogsanity, did you just admit that Nutt won't stay away from the O and can't get SEC talent?? Did you have a come to jesus moment this weekend?

hogsanity

Quote from: beansandtaters on September 16, 2007, 11:09:49 pm

Uh oh...hogsanity, did you just admit that Nutt won't stay away from the O and can't get SEC talent?? Did you have a come to jesus moment this weekend?

I have never said Nutt was not involved in the offense.  And No coach has gotten SEC talent, at least enough of it, to the UA.  These are common complaints about HDN.  They are also 2 things that TT des not do well either.  Why would we want him.  Also, as I said, TT was the choice of JFB.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PulledPork

still drunk from the disappointing loss, huh, Sanity?

Pulled out....