Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kentucky Predictions

Started by RedRock, September 16, 2007, 01:08:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tiber

Quote from: jimmur74 on September 16, 2007, 05:11:57 pm
Hogs 38
Kentucky 20

I was at the game last night. My observation is we have a great offense and its only going to improve when Monk Returns. Herrings defense WILL improve.  People BAMA won last night but we GIFT WRAPPED IT!   ie; one BAMA drive started at the three and the other at the 13 Following a punt return and INT. Anyone with half a brain could see BAMA was riding adrenaline in the 1st half and then we physically took it to them. Timne after time punishing them with the run. Why we threw on 3rd and 12 is beyond me. However it was STUPID! Perhaps the most dissappointing thing is the lack of urgency shown by the defense and the decision to rush 3 on the final drive.   BTW.. The pass interference was absolutley BUSH LEAGUE!  Hogs are a great team. Forget the polls they are a joke

Good post there... I tend to agree with all of that.  We clearly had the better athletes, with the probable exception of WR.

Bomis Hawg

38-35, Hogs win.  Going against trends.

I bet McFadden might have as many yards as Andre' Woodson.
I wasn't sold on Kentucky before, but I am starting to change my mind.
Arkansaas' defense is a tad bit better than The Ville.  I think pressure on Woodson will hurt him.

Rafael Little probably won't have any room to run.  Then what?

SemperFi

Quote from: WoooPigSooie on September 16, 2007, 04:58:50 pm
Quote from: FlyFisher on September 16, 2007, 03:52:05 pm
Quote from: WoooPigSooie on September 16, 2007, 03:07:42 pm
Quote from: Shizzle on September 16, 2007, 02:43:35 pm
Only chance we have is that Kentucky is coming off a huge victory. They are ripe for the picking because mental fatigue sits in after an emotional high like they are on.

Thats insane frankly.  Coming off beating a top 10 team they are going to be ripe for the picking due to "mental fatigue."  Sure you dont wanna try that again?

UK 52
UA 38

How can you say that uk is going to score 52 on the HOGS? Do you hate hdn that much that you simply cannot think straight.

Fact#1: uk has given up 555 yards on the ground in three games
Fact#2: The HOGS have gained 651 yards on the ground in two games

Expect Herring to fix the secondary and the HOGS will control this game and clock with an unstoppable ground game.

Its called a 3000 yard passer for a QB, and a secondary that is easily picked apart.

Also, how do your "Facts" support your disagreement with UK scoring 52 points?  Read your facts and decide what they have to do with how many points UK is going to score. 

Ball control. Keep uk's offense on the sideline and they cannot score. How is uk going to stop the HOGS rushing attack? They can't and we'll eat the clock up because of that. I don't care how good you believe Andre Woodson to be, he won't complete every pass and we have a much better defense than louisville has. We're not going to shut them out by any means, but there's no way that they can slow down Mcfadden and Jones and eventually their defense will wear down. Monk should be back and I bet you see a much improved secondary. HOGS will walk/run all over the mildcats.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Mr. Prozac

While I know the trend is to drop two in a row, we are at home and I have to think our players are as disgusted with the Alabama loss as the fans.

Kentucky will have tremendous difficulties with our running game, and as the blind hog occasionally finds a nutt, our secondary will be just good enough to stop a Kentucky drive or two. :
Arkansas 49
Kentucky 42

John Futrall

September 17, 2007, 11:33:21 am #54 Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:55:43 am by mikeyg31
Hawgs 27
WildHogs 17

Mr. Porkleone

Wildcats......48

Hogs...........27

Sad day for the Razorbacks

stevenwayneslane

I can see a 50 to 20 score. Something like that will be about accurate. Kentucky unfortunately will be on cloud nine and full of confidence after beating a really good Louisville team.

GrumpyHog

Quote from: BartIV on September 16, 2007, 01:59:50 pm
UK 54
Arkansas 27

Kentucky will destroy us and I don't think Houston Nutts record in a game after an SEC loss in previous game is good.

Have to agree on your prediction.  +1

joedirt

Moving Michael Grant to corner saves our a$$.  Casey continues to improve and our receivers actually catch a couple.

Hogs 34
Cats 24

regi

Hogs win in a blowout. UL gave up 520 yards of Offense and 42 points to MTSU, they (UL) were the most overratted team in America (including Meeeeechigan). Uk at home should have won. As for UK, To quote Lou Hotlz, "they are living a lie." UK is not good at all on defense, as poor as our defense has played, only Woodward would get any pt with Arkansas. Outside of Woodward and Woodson their team is full of guys with offers from MTSU, ULM, Akron, Troy and WKU, if Arkansas offered over half of the guys on UK's team we would all be in  meltdown mode.

Nutt and Arkansas' secondary will bite the team in the ass later (UT, Carolina), but this want be the week.

Hogs 49 (550 yads of total offense)
Woodsen 28 (300 yards passing)

TechHog

UK-  38
AR-  27

Woodson  (22-29 passing)  353 yards --4 TD's -- 1 int.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

go hogues

September 17, 2007, 12:08:53 pm #62 Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 12:11:01 pm by go hogues
UK- 34
Moral Victory U- 24
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Spiral_cut

We will own the clock, Hogs win 48-44

AFWarrior83

As long as we don't get jumped out of the gate we will win.

Hogs 41 - UK 38 (Score look familiar?)
Hogville member since 2005.

Archie Gaines

Ole Kentuck  =  34

Hogs @ home =  27

Guess we'll see if our secondary improves enough this week...

Kicking game may be able to keep it closer than this prediction.

? WHEN do we get Nathan Dick into the game ??     :)
"No man who is corrupt,  no man who condones corruption in others,  can possibly do his duty in the community... "

Teddy Roosevelt  -  May 12, 1900

longtimeHogfan

I hope Reggie comes out with zone coverage right from the start.  If he tries to man-up we could be in for a long day.   

Either way I think the Hogs start the season 1-2.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

gohawgsgo

Hogs 81 UK 79

an ncaa record 71 yard three-pointer as time expires by alex tejada.  WPS

SteelShot

First team to 50 wins.  UK passes the ball and we cant defend the pass.  UK also allowed 400 yards rushing against Kent State so they shouldn't be able to stop us either.  Losses during the Nutt era come in bunches so I will go ahead and predict a Kentucky win. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

MsNuttsandBolts

At least Reggie took responsibility for the loss. +1 Reggie. I am afraid of another loss this week. UK- 41, UA- 31. There is one good thing about a loss. It gets us one step closer to a new coach, or at least thats my take.
MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

major_hog_fan

UA 37
UK 34

Winning in a close one.

camden5r

UA 45

Uk  28

GHG :razorback: :razorback:

cosmodrum

49-24...Cats. I can't believe I'm saying that, either. Pitiful.

Andre Woodson will have his career day in Fayetteville. We won't touch him, and he'll put up at least 400 YDs, 4-5 TDs. I mean, we just made a halfway decent QB look like Joe Friggin Namath, I can only imagine what a good QB will do against us.
Go away, batin'

RZBC9