Now that we lost to Bama...

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, September 16, 2007, 12:11:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Will You Cheer for Kentucky?

Yes
No

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Told you so.

Who will be cheering for Kentucky so we can start moving toward finally having a chance to rid ourselves of Nutt?

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Oliver

I'm not cheering for anybody anymore.  I'm cheering for DMAC and Felix.  I know that losing won't get rid of Nutt and I know that when we won't make a BCS bowl game this year...so what's the point?  I'm pretty much just don't care what happens until Nuttjob is gone.

mrye2369

HogHillbilly

I agree.............I'm cheering that we win enough games for DMac to win the Heisman...............

It's not looking good though
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

WBChogfan

I'm so conflicted about it.

Last night I was ready to hope for a thrashing, but it's so difficult to root against the Hogs.  It just doesn't want to process in my mind.  I know that the only way we can return to glory is to get rid of the Nutt.  I know that we won't get rid of the Nutt unless we lose a bunch of games because his playcalling prevents a sufficient number of wins to get another school to take him.  He's going to have to be fired, which won't happen unless the floor drops out of the season (has it already?).

That being said, if we lose to Kentucky, I might be ready to burn the building down metaphorically.

I want those Hogs to run all over Kentucky, but I don't want Nutt to get the credit for the win. 

LoseAnutt

Quote from: WBChogfan on September 16, 2007, 12:19:58 pm

Last night I was ready to hope for a thrashing, but it's so difficult to root against the Hogs.  It just doesn't want to process in my mind.  I know that the only way we can return to glory is to get rid of the Nutt.  I know that we won't get rid of the Nutt unless we lose a bunch of games because his playcalling prevents a sufficient number of wins to get another school to take him.  He's going to have to be fired, which won't happen unless the floor drops out of the season (has it already?).

That being said, if we lose to Kentucky, I might be ready to burn the building down metaphorically.

I want those Hogs to run all over Kentucky, but I don't want Nutt to get the credit for the win. 
It's hard being a darksider. I know your pain.

porkurina

I can not root against the hogs but i want Nutt gone.

pigmania

Apathy is starting to set in. I hate it, but with Nutt still being here, I can't help it.

Quote from: WBChogfan on September 16, 2007, 12:19:58 pm

That's exactly where I was last year.  I knew Nutt would sabotage the team and would never be a good CEO coach.  It has to be all about him.

Last season I had trouble cheering against the Hogs, especially with the talent we had.  That all changed in the offseason.  Last night I actually stood up and cheered at BWW here in Dallas when Bama would make a great play.  I was elated when they scored that last TD.  The Arkansas buddies I was with just looked at me like I was crazy.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 16, 2007, 12:16:10 pm
I agree.............I'm cheering that we win enough games for DMac to win the Heisman...............

It's not looking good though

Regardless of DMAC performance, the heisman won't be given to a running back on a 7-5 or 6-6 team...

budcampbellfan

How many are still going to the UK game?  Still willing to put up with the frustration of watching nut blow another one?  Kentucky will be fired up just like Alabama was.  Herring will again insist on man coverage until its 21-0 before he realizes whats up.   Will the wheels come off next Sat.?

How long, how long?  Gonna be a long year.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

redbarn

I have changed the name of the Hogs...........from now on I will call them the DMac Razorbacks because DMac played his heart and soul out trying to win that game for us.  Nutt deserves no mention whatsoever.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

hog_co-pilot

I choose to root (pray) for the miracle: the Hogs don't lose any more this season, McFadden wins the Heisman, AND we lose Nutt at the end of the season!
Woo Pig Sooie!

WBChogfan

Quote from: hog_co-pilot on September 16, 2007, 12:31:54 pm
I choose to root (pray) for the miracle: the Hogs don't lose any more this season, McFadden wins the Heisman, AND we lose Nutt at the end of the season!

Does that change if (when?) we lose a few more?

hog_co-pilot

Quote from: WBChogfan on September 16, 2007, 12:32:53 pm
Quote from: hog_co-pilot on September 16, 2007, 12:31:54 pm

Does that change if (when?) we lose a few more?

Probably...
Woo Pig Sooie!

L.A.

Quote from: pigmania on September 16, 2007, 12:28:46 pm
Apathy is starting to set in. I hate it, but with Nutt still being here, I can't help it.

We lose one game and apathy sets in?? Most fans are so fickle these days.

Oliver

Quote from: lower_arkansas on September 16, 2007, 12:34:39 pm

No.  The 9th season will be a repeat of every other season that Nutt has been coach.  That is what sets apathy in. 

WBChogfan

It's not being fickle.  It's a decade of NUTTBALL.  Different verse, same as the first!  We hope that it will be different, but when reality hits, we go back to apathy.  We SHOULD have won this game. 

bfosh

bfosh

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 16, 2007, 12:35:54 pm
How do ya'll like my new avatar?   

your avatar sucks and so does your post

T3T

How about you just shut your mouth and leave opinions to yourself. Anyone who would rather please themself over almost 100 young kids who are actually out there trying to give happiness to the hog fans out there is just someone who is insecure, get a life notshavin, go take up bowling or something, but just leave those kids alone.

Quote from: T3T on September 16, 2007, 12:38:09 pm
How about you just shut your mouth and leave opinions to yourself. Anyone who would rather please themself over almost 100 young kids who are actually out there trying to give happiness to the hog fans out there is just someone who is insecure, get a life notshavin, go take up bowling or something, but just leave those kids alone.

Losing would be the best thing for those kids, too.

burt

i will be cheering for kentucky and any other team that plays arkansas. thats my new favorite team. any team that plays arkansas.

TransAmHawg

Quote from: bfosh on September 16, 2007, 12:37:20 pm
grow up or find another team

Grow up and move out of your mommy's basement.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

Calling All Hogs

Nutt is gone at the end of this year regardless of the Hogs record. Feel free to cheer the Hogs.

diamondheadhog

What a loser!! It is frustrating beyond words to continue losing the big games that we deserve to win. There was nobody more devastated (other than the players!!) than I was/am after last night. However, some of these threads are ridiculus and exactly why the fans have become somewhat of a National joke.

TransAmHawg

Wookie love ain't it sweet.
  we need the nuclear option at this point.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

HogHillbilly

Quote from: CallMeHog on September 16, 2007, 01:05:58 pm
Nutt is gone at the end of this year regardless of the Hogs record. Feel free to cheer the Hogs.

Here we go again..............I want him outa here..............But the dude is magic

The only way he leaves...............Is if HE wants too
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

ivanhog

I have a few random thoughts on it.

Well, you have to give the Devil his due.  It would have been nothing unusual having been blown out in the 1st quarter to just pack it in and head for the bus.  Nutt, D-mack and most of the team pulled it together and made a come back and were in position to win the game with only minutes left to play.  This in front of 92,000 hostile fans, and in one of the most brutal games I've ever seen.  Players on both teams were staggering by the end of the game.  I think Alabama is going to better than people think and we've got some holes.

Casey is a much better player than I first thought.  If you let him throw on 1st or 2nd down or 3rd and short the results are pretty good.  Its clear we only need to thrown the ball about 20 times a game.  But we've got to complete 14 or 15 of them and get 200 or more yards out of the throwing game.  If the only chance you get to throw is on 3rd and long you're going to be lucky to complete 50% and you're only going to have time to throw a short one.

Ryan Mallet is starting at Michigan,  Cody Burns is only a play or two away from being the starter at Auburn. and T. Jackson is playing in the NFL.  Which makes me wonder if we have a problem evaluating talent or if we're more interested in feeding ego's than doing whats best for the team.

Reggies defense is pretty simple I think I understand it now.  He puts 9 men in the box and goes to a man to man and hopes he can shut down the run and get to the quarterback before he can burn them deep.  Or after giving up two or 3 touchdowns goes to a zone with a 3 man rush and gives up 10 yards per carry on the ground and is picked apart.  I don't see us being able to stop Kentucky, Tennessee or South Carolina.  Any team with a competent quarterback is going to give us fits.  And a team like South Carolina that is going to take what we give them is going to be just about unstoppable.  Looks like we should be able to beat Ole Miss and Auburn we also have a chance against Miss St since their quarterback is injured.  Other than the blind academies we're playing I afraid thats going to be it.

I don't think the way McFadden was played in the game yesterday is sustainable.  I don't see how he could make it through the season, he wasn't able to finish the game.  I think thats a serious coaching error, although I was pleased that at least they had the good sense to get him out of there after he was used up.

Bottom line is while I don't think I'm a hater, I think for the good of the program Houston has to leave at the end of this season.  Its just too obivous that things are being done to feed the ego that are not in the best interest of the players or the program.

hog.goblin

Quote from: redbarn on September 16, 2007, 12:31:03 pm
I have changed the name of the Hogs...........from now on I will call them the DMac Razorbacks because DMac played his heart and soul out trying to win that game for us.  Nutt deserves no mention whatsoever.

Nutt deserves plenty of mention.  He should be mentioned as personally costing us the game on 3rd and 12 by calling a pass play.

Oliver

If only I believed that, losses like last night wouldn't hurt as much as they do.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 16, 2007, 12:11:20 pm
Told you so.

Who will be cheering for Kentucky so we can start moving toward finally having a chance to rid ourselves of Nutt?

Don't need to cheer for other teams at all.......Nutt can screw this whole deal up without our hep or our cheering for the opponent.
Go Hogs Go!

taintlint

I'm on the I told you so wagon.

7-5 or 8-4 .......as I have said for months.

TX HOG

I want Nutt gone, but I will always cheer for the Razorbacks.

Flatline

I will not cheer for Kentucky but I won't be upset if we lose.

slopinhogs

when the going gets tough that should bring out the best in you. that's how Medal of Honor medals are won.

somehow though it doesn't seem like we have our best when the going gets rough.when Bama got behind Saban went to the defence a railed on them.
not that they got any better but he at least tried to make them do so.

he bragged about his 2 minute drill in the post game interview and said they worked hard on it.

i have never heard anyone brag about anything that we worked hard on.

i don't know i may be asking for to much. i just want a game that is handled the way it should be and the clock managed to the second. the plays called to get us where we need to be and not have to rely on one man to do it us. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Hogs4Ever

Same thing was said last year BEFORE all the MM mess.  Only way Nutt is gone is if we have a losing season.  I just don't see that happening this year UNLESS Dmac gets injured.

pigmania

Should I have to remind you we have lost 4 of the last 5 games. Nutt is still the coach. Our national "Offensive Coordinator of the year" is coaching elsewhere due to the Dork wanting to bring in a retread to take his job. Should I go on or do you now understand?

bfosh

Quote from: burt on September 16, 2007, 12:47:17 pm
i will be cheering for kentucky and any other team that plays arkansas. thats my new favorite team. any team that plays arkansas.

good deal...go post on their message boards and leave this one for razorback fans

if you hate nutt or want him gone ...your opinion, whatever....but if your cheering for the hogs to lose...your more pathetic than you think hdn is and are not a true hog fan

devildog

Quote from: bfosh on September 16, 2007, 12:37:51 pm

I second that, I don't care for Houston and his antics but we could have won or lost the Bama game with or without him. If you root for the opposition you are the opposition.

Albert Einswine

I will never cheer against the Razorbacks.  I believe Kentucky will beat us but I don't want it to happen and I hope it doesn't.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

rzrbcks2120

Quote from: ivanhog on September 16, 2007, 01:14:58 pm
I have a few random thoughts on it.

Well, you have to give the Devil his due.  It would have been nothing unusual having been blown out in the 1st quarter to just pack it in and head for the bus.  Nutt, D-mack and most of the team pulled it together and made a come back and were in position to win the game with only minutes left to play.  This in front of 92,000 hostile fans, and in one of the most brutal games I've ever seen.  Players on both teams were staggering by the end of the game.  I think Alabama is going to better than people think and we've got some holes.

Casey is a much better player than I first thought.  If you let him throw on 1st or 2nd down or 3rd and short the results are pretty good.  Its clear we only need to thrown the ball about 20 times a game.  But we've got to complete 14 or 15 of them and get 200 or more yards out of the throwing game.  If the only chance you get to throw is on 3rd and long you're going to be lucky to complete 50% and you're only going to have time to throw a short one.

Ryan Mallet is starting at Michigan,  Cody Burns is only a play or two away from being the starter at Auburn. and T. Jackson is playing in the NFL.  Which makes me wonder if we have a problem evaluating talent or if we're more interested in feeding ego's than doing whats best for the team.

Reggies defense is pretty simple I think I understand it now.  He puts 9 men in the box and goes to a man to man and hopes he can shut down the run and get to the quarterback before he can burn them deep.  Or after giving up two or 3 touchdowns goes to a zone with a 3 man rush and gives up 10 yards per carry on the ground and is picked apart.  I don't see us being able to stop Kentucky, Tennessee or South Carolina.  Any team with a competent quarterback is going to give us fits.  And a team like South Carolina that is going to take what we give them is going to be just about unstoppable.  Looks like we should be able to beat Ole Miss and Auburn we also have a chance against Miss St since their quarterback is injured.  Other than the blind academies we're playing I afraid thats going to be it.

I don't think the way McFadden was played in the game yesterday is sustainable.  I don't see how he could make it through the season, he wasn't able to finish the game.  I think thats a serious coaching error, although I was pleased that at least they had the good sense to get him out of there after he was used up.

Bottom line is while I don't think I'm a hater, I think for the good of the program Houston has to leave at the end of this season.  Its just too obivous that things are being done to feed the ego that are not in the best interest of the players or the program.

I agree with most of what you say however I disagree about McFadden. He is clearly the best player on the team and every time he touches the ball there's a chance he could score. Giving him the ball 30-35 times a game is what we should do.

devildog

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 16, 2007, 01:45:37 pm
Quote from: devildog on September 16, 2007, 01:40:09 pm
Quote from: bfosh on September 16, 2007, 12:37:51 pm

I second that, I don't care for Houston and his antics but we could have won or lost the Bama game with or without him. If you root for the opposition you are the opposition.

LOL.  You're not going to put this on my "permanent record" are you?  I hate when that happens. 

"You are the opposition".  How cheezy can you get? 

No, just double secret probation for now.

CDOGHOG

I BELEIVE THAT HOOTEN IS GONE AT THE END OF THE SEASON REGARDLESS OF OUR RECORD, SO I WILL CONTINUE TO ROOT FOR THE HOGS TO WIN. THE PLAY CALLING /CLOCK MGMT WAS TOTALLY TERRIBLE ON OUR LAST SERIES.  HOOTEN GAVE ANOTHER ONE AWAY.

arkansas razorbacks

all of those thats said they would be pulling for kentucky are pathetic. go find a new team to cheer for. we dont want you!

mword

September 16, 2007, 01:57:14 pm #45 Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 03:40:54 pm by schweine
Just because the Hogs lost to Alabama, we suppose to root for the other team now? Kinda dumb question, you think?

samske

September 16, 2007, 01:57:57 pm #46 Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 01:59:31 pm by samske
Switch it back to a Hog, but maybe place a black arm(leg)band on the hog or something to show you're a supporter of the kids, but not the regime.  Nobody roots for Kentucky, except the players families, c'mon.

PS:  Before anyone questions mine, I was born and raised in WV and followed them good and bad (there was a lot of bad).  It's just being true to your heritage.  I proudly live in Arkansas now and love living near the university...there is NOTHING like college sports when they are played with integrity and pride.

devildog

Quote from: schweine on September 16, 2007, 01:57:14 pm
Just because the Hogs lost to Alabama, we suppose to root for the other team now? Kind of a dumb question, you think?

34 posters think it's a legit question - sad

tobs54

Once again another ridiculous post by "captain darkside" himself.

Notshavin, do you really think that a losing season will mean that HDN is gone?  REALLY?

I don't care how much I disapprove of HDN (yes I said that), I cannot and will not cheer against the hogs. 

Here's to hoping that we have a great season.  *Cheers*

Tejano Jawg

Just curious...so will the 25% of you who voted that you WILL CHEER for KENTUCKY do it at the game? The first time they burn us deep, will you stand up and scream "yesssssssss"? Right there in the middle of Section 105, where everyone around you is dressed in red and white, cheering for the Hogs? Heck, you might not even be wearing red and white yourselves...if you come in blue and white, maybe you'll look like Kentucky grads visiting UA friends. That certainly wouldn't look so strange.

Or, if you go to the game, are you secretly/quietly cheering? Sure you'll clap when DMac takes one 80 yards to the house, but underneath, were you wishing someone had rolled his knee?? Which is it??

Maybe it's easier if you don't have tickets. In the privacy of your own home, you don't have to worry about what people think if you jump off your couch when Casey gets sacked. Is that it??

Again, I'm just curious. Afterall, Notshavin so articulately asked such a brilliant, meaningful and thoughtful question...I'm sure, like him, you've thought it though. I know why you're cheering (I think), I'd just like to know HOW you're doing it.

Truly pathetic.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork