Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I cannot believe you frickers are using this as an excuse to bash Houston Nutt again

Started by Biggus Piggus, September 15, 2007, 10:33:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonytkr

Nutt blames the pass on Casey anyway, but if it where a first down, he would have been like " I called that play brotha!", but instead its, " I wish Casey would have made a better choice.  Way to go Nutt, throw your QB under the bus.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogwaller

Does ANYBODY actually believe that HDN would leave that decision to Casey Dick? He doesn't even like having an OC!

MsNuttsandBolts

September 18, 2007, 09:00:32 am #503 Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:58:57 pm by MsNuttsandBolts
According to Nutt, its always somebody else's fault. If Casey decided that he should throw the ball, then he needed better coaching to teach him how to play the game. Pure and simple. The good ole boys are packing up after this season. Jeff,,,,,,,we are counting on you buddy. Please, oh please, make us proud!!
MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

JIHawg

He was also headed out of bounds.  Seems like Robert Johnson has a problem with when to get out of bounds, thinking back to the Vandy game two years ago.

RazorsEdge

Not only was the route at least 5 yards short, rolling the QB to the same side brought all the defense to that side as well.  There was no separation.  The linebacker going after Dick tipped the pass and could have made the tackle on RJ or Dick depending on where the ball was.  This was a poorly designed play.  RJ needed to be at least 10-15 yards farther downfield to allow any trajectory on the pass.

Call Mr. Sow

Feralhog

Other than miracle on markum and the 00 tenn game, I can't think of a situation where the hogs took the lead late and won, in a game with Nutt as coach.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

biggiepiggie

Quote from: scarolinahog on September 16, 2007, 08:45:00 pm
Why Pass on third down? why pass at all? we have no QB, we haven't had stability st QB since stoerner left, and thats a fact. The "wildcat" is nothing but the same ole Matt Jones game only with a stronger mcfadden. Welcome to Houston nutt football. I think Houston is an old Indian word meaning "lost". Lost Nutt. I will say one thing for Nuttless, he is consistent! From 2000 to now our teams look the same. I pray Long implements modern football at Arkansas instead of 1964 Frank brolyes relics.
We should have run Felix wide right.  We could have used up 30 to 40 minutes
off the clock - enough to have won the game.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

MakeMeOink

anthonytkr

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 10:33:23 pm
Can't you wait a decent interval?  It was an outstanding game to watch.  Arkansas didn't lose 70-17.  It was not a display of unbroken incompetence, or wretched ill-preparedness.  The Razorbacks rallied from a three-TD deficit to take the lead, and had the football with a chance to salt it away with a few minutes left.  Nothing was decided till the very end.  Maybe a really good football team wins games like that one.  Maybe the Razorbacks are not quite there.  Could be Houston Nutt will never get them there.  But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

Go Franking Hogs.  Glad to be a Razorback tonight.

Till the coaching by nutt improves the verbal Floggings will continue. FIRE THE DORK AKA DMW!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hamdrag

I am so tired of hearing the HUGGERS excuses for our used car salesman of a coach.....face it ...when you throw the ball on 3rd and 12 with 2 minutes and change left and Bama out of TO's you need to be canned Sunday morning. Everbody around the country is laughing at HDN.....Face it people he is TERRIBLE !!!!!   We will NEVER be as good as we should be with that dumb--- coaching us..............WIth all of the bad plays we made we still should have won the football game......We are 3 TD's better than Bama and we lose .....I hope we win every other game all year so HDN can get hired by the Farmington Jr High football team.....that is where he belongs!!!!!!!!

Hogphilia

Quote from: kdogstew on September 15, 2007, 11:48:02 pm
I know I loved seeing all the discouraged looks by the Alabama Players in the 4th quater when we were dominating them on both sides of the ball.

Sure Bama won and had every reason to celebrate that amazing win over us, but man we really had them beat for the end of the 3rd quater and beginning of 4th quater.

Seeing the looks on discouragement for those 2 quaters should be enough.  Really. Thats enough for me.  Final score, well you know, not that important, but boy those two quaters we really had them on the ropes.

Go Hogs

This has to be some veiled attempt at sarcasm.....You didn't really say that the final score didn't matter....

My god, this is D1 football not some 3rd grade intramural touch football game....They operated the scoreboard at Bryant-Denny Stadium for a reason...

I know, the next thing that Li'l Abner will do after he protests with the conference office the officials calls, he will tell the pollsters not to consider the final score....our players laid it on the line and made a valiant comeback so don't count that as a loss and leave the Razorbacks ranked where they are....Oh, and by the way, we played Florida pretty good last year....go back and give us the SEC Championship Trophy since the final score doesn't really matter...those Florida players had a depressed look on their faces and that is enough for a Championship Trophy.

John Futrall

Quote from: opineonswine on September 15, 2007, 10:36:09 pm
WE LOST.  We played not to lose and WE LOST....again.  It does no good to stage a great comeback and then pull boneheaded, moronic moves and lay down for the opponent.  Only losers do that.  I'm sick of us spitting the bit.

Ahhh, the truth.....nicely said :)

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Feralhog on September 18, 2007, 09:17:24 am
Other than miracle on markum and the 00 tenn game, I can't think of a situation where the hogs took the lead late and won, in a game with Nutt as coach.
I think  some posters are on to something that needs to be turned around at our school. We're becoming "Choker U". We have a serious past with this disease also. Many games against Texas,Tenn., LSU,....

Lady Hawg Buff

Biggus Piggus - I can't believe you started this frickin topic/post.

cjhog1418

Quote from: hamdrag on September 18, 2007, 09:42:40 am
I am so tired of hearing the HUGGERS excuses for our used car salesman of a coach.....face it ...when you throw the ball on 3rd and 12 with 2 minutes and change left and Bama out of TO's you need to be canned Sunday morning. Everbody around the country is laughing at HDN.....Face it people he is TERRIBLE !!!!!   We will NEVER be as good as we should be with that dumb--- coaching us..............WIth all of the bad plays we made we still should have won the football game......We are 3 TD's better than Bama and we lose .....I hope we win every other game all year so HDN can get hired by the Farmington Jr High football team.....that is where he belongs!!!!!!!!
Face it, it never should have come to that play anyway.  The defense just blew it.  No one play lost the game.  You go out and make plays.  38 points should be enough to win.  Our defense gave up way too many plays.

txrzrbk

Can't you wait a decent interval?  It was an outstanding game to watch.  Arkansas didn't lose 70-17.  It was not a display of unbroken incompetence, or wretched ill-preparedness.  The Razorbacks rallied from a three-TD deficit to take the lead, and had the football with a chance to salt it away with a few minutes left.  Nothing was decided till the very end.  Maybe a really good football team wins games like that one.  Maybe the Razorbacks are not quite there.  Could be Houston Nutt will never get them there.  But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

So, now I am a fricker?!?  That ticks me off! Wait, what's a fricker anyway?  Once a fricker always a fricker?  Frick it and frick you!

MsNuttsandBolts

MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Please, cry me a river! That game was over in the first quarter. Nutt was outcoached before the opening whistle blew. No matter how much more talent we had on the field, (we have alot more than Bama, by the way)  :puke:  Nutt was going to be outdone. He is a joke, always has been and always will be.
     It was a great game to watch, however. Go!Hogs!Go!
     Did I mention Fire  :puke:  Houston Nutt?!
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

HogginAllDay&Nite

Quote from: Feralhog on September 18, 2007, 09:17:24 am

The Arkansas/Alabama game in 2003???
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

roundball

Because it happens every year? ???

rlamb

Biggus, obviously you accept a lying, medicore loser who is as dumb as home made soap a lot better than I!