Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I cannot believe you frickers are using this as an excuse to bash Houston Nutt again

Started by Biggus Piggus, September 15, 2007, 10:33:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

El Puerco Grande

Dmac didn't play the last series because he got his bell rung. Had Nutt put him in, and he got blindsided, or knocked out for the season, THAT would have been a bad decision.
How 'bout them hogs?

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: opineonswine on September 15, 2007, 10:36:09 pm
WE LOST.  We played not to lose and WE LOST....again.  It does no good to stage a great comeback and then pull boneheaded, moronic moves and lay down for the opponent.  Only losers do that.  I'm sick of us spitting the bit.
The way we managed the clock and played in the last drive (offensive and defensive) really hurts.  I know a lot of it is second guessing at this point, but we definitely played not to lose at the end of the game.  All the credit in the world though for half-time adjustments and execution when we were making the comeback.  You still have to finish the game though.

31to6

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on September 15, 2007, 10:47:35 pm
  I'm proud of McFadden.  I'm also aggravated that he won't be able to win the Heisman due to poor decisions.
I have to say I was proud of Casey Dick too. He didn't burn the house down, but he did much better than it looked like in the 1st quarter.  He made a couple bad tosses, but most of the mistakes in the passing game were all about hanging onto the ball.

UAfan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 10:33:23 pm
Can't you wait a decent interval?  It was an outstanding game to watch.  Arkansas didn't lose 70-17.  It was not a display of unbroken incompetence, or wretched ill-preparedness.  The Razorbacks rallied from a three-TD deficit to take the lead, and had the football with a chance to salt it away with a few minutes left.  Nothing was decided till the very end.  Maybe a really good football team wins games like that one.  Maybe the Razorbacks are not quite there.  Could be Houston Nutt will never get them there.  But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

Go Franking Hogs.  Glad to be a Razorback tonight.
Damn proud to be a Hog tonight.  No I don't believe in moral victories.  Yeah I'm disappointed in the loss, but this was not on Nutt's shoulders.  You guys are absolutely pathetic, and this site is the laughing stock of the Razorback fan base.  You are so delusional that you think that this is the majority, but the majority is nowhere near this naive or dumb.  It was funny I was talking to someone at a HS football game last night and I asked them if they ever get on Hogville and he started laughing.  He said something on the lines of those people are what makes UA look bad.  I don't mind getting on here to read insightful posts about the Razorbacks, but this site has gotten to a point where I almost get sick to my stomach.  Its time for you guys to stop acting like being little babies and quit whining about a hard fought battle at Tuscaloosa tonight.  This team is gonna surprise a lot of people.  Arkansas lost one effing game, and have ten more, ten more to go.  Give me a freaking break.  Mods this is getting outta control and its time for you to put an end to it or continue to be the laughing stock of the state.

ark30inf

Coaches are paid millions TO WIN.   But we have no choice but to watch the rest of this season and see where we end up.

I can tell you this.....having a moral victory in every game this year will not mean anything.  Yelling about people for complaining will not stop the steamroller.  Expectations are high this year and the coaching staff should not be very far off those expectations......this is not a particularly awesome start for them. 

It is likely to be nail-biter ain't it?  But maybe he can come back and win in the end in a miracle finish and justify your support. ;D

3kgthog

I guess I watched a different game. The offense looked unprepared the first half and the defense was unprepared the entire game. How's that saying go, players win games, coaches lose them. Learn it.

hogblade

Houston and Herring allowed the team to go down 21-0 to start the game. They put themselves in a huge hole then had to work McFadden extremely hard and admirable and awesome as he was, it was too much, and he couldn't be there when we needed him to close the game for us, so then its up to Houston to close the game for us and makes his dumbA 3rd down blunder. McFadden and Jones brought us back over 3 quarters. 

Another case of the players working their A^^es off in game they deserved to win like LSU and Florida last year, but Nutt's bad decisions and lack of preparation caused them to lose. Nutt just expects McFadden and Jones to win all his games for him. An offensive gameplan would have been nice. The difference was Saban knew what he had to do to win the game despite us storming back. He went for the unpopular field goal the possesion before last to go for the win later. He knew he could throw on us.

SuperHog

Can't you wait a decent interval?  It was an outstanding game to watch.  Arkansas didn't lose 70-17.  It was not a display of unbroken incompetence, or wretched ill-preparedness.  The Razorbacks rallied from a three-TD deficit to take the lead, and had the football with a chance to salt it away with a few minutes left.  Nothing was decided till the very end.  Maybe a really good football team wins games like that one.  Maybe the Razorbacks are not quite there.  Could be Houston Nutt will never get them there.  But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

I'm never proud of a loss...I dont' get off on moral victories...and YES Nutt is to blame.  Poor preparation gets us down 21-0 in the first quarter.  Stupid decision making cost us the game with his 3rd down call late in the 4th.  the one freaking time Nutt needs to call a smoke draw and he calls a freaking pass.  Nutt puckered up late in the game, Saban didn't.  Saban>Nutt.  Bama's talent is waaaaaay inferior to ours, but yet we got OUTCOACHED by a team with tired players.  A good coach always takes the blame for a loss and praises his players for wins. Nutt does the opposite, he finds someone to throw under the bus for a loss and sticks his chest out on wins.  HE IS TO BLAME FOR THIS LOSS, PERIOD.  IF YOU SAY ANYTHING DIFFERENT, YOU ARE A BLATANT HUGGER.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

missippihog

Oklahawg

Fresh, I'm not on the fence. I want HDN gone.

However, I won't overlook a masterful job of getting back in the game and creating enough offensive diversity in the process to keep Bama on their heels.

Boneheaded call by Nutt? Damn skippy.

Was it the only reason we lost? Hell no.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

macgyver hawg

I disagree Biggus, comebacks are great but I'm tired of seeing this game again.  I watched it three times against florida in 2003/2004/2006.
I'm tired of the offense being asleep for two quarters and having to play catch up when we are the 16th ranked team in the nation.

PLAY A COMPLETE GAME.  The defense got burned in the first half and took it to them in the second.  Just like we always do.

Gotta beat an unranked team with a new coach.  A win is precious.  :razorback:

Cartoon Man

happyhawgal

Quote from: PulledPork on September 15, 2007, 10:43:23 pm
Quote from: HOGPICKER on September 15, 2007, 10:41:51 pm
The dork didn't lose it.  Too many mistakes on the field, i.e. flags, drops, bad snap.  It was a great game that Bama was lucky to get out with, but no excuse to bash Nutt.  Bash him because we won't go down field, oh wait we did.  Bash him because we won't go over the middle or use the tight end. Did that too.  Playing not to lose at the end was also using some clock and getting decent field position, which is in most circle consider sound coaching.  Maybe not in Madden 2008 if that is where your experience lies.
that's funny.....Saban figured out a way to do it.

Pulled out....

After the game Saban said "WE have a good 2 minute plan. He has a 2 minute drill, after coaching at Bama for less than one year. What is HDN excuse??

Saban is a real coach.
We have an idiot.
WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

COCHISE

Quote from: UAfan on September 15, 2007, 10:51:19 pm

Damn proud to be a Hog tonight.  No I don't believe in moral victories.  Yeah I'm disappointed in the loss, but this was not on Nutt's shoulders.  You guys are absolutely pathetic, and this site is the laughing stock of the Razorback fan base.  You are so delusional that you think that this is the majority, but the majority is nowhere near this naive or dumb.  It was funny I was talking to someone at a HS football game last night and I asked them if they ever get on Hogville and he started laughing.  He said something on the lines of those people are what makes UA look bad.  I don't mind getting on here to read insightful posts about the Razorbacks, but this site has gotten to a point where I almost get sick to my stomach.  Its time for you guys to stop acting like being little babies and quit whining about a hard fought battle at Tuscaloosa tonight.  This team is gonna surprise a lot of people.  Arkansas lost one effing game, and have ten more, ten more to go.  Give me a freaking break.  Mods this is getting outta control and its time for you to put an end to it or continue to be the laughing stock of the state.
+1, this is freaking ridiculous.

deltahogfan

Why wait. We have simply picked up where we left off last year. No cut to the players. The only hope I have is that our new AD realizes that we need a new football coach and will start moving in the right direction. As to this year, I wish our players the best. They deserve much better leadership than they are receiving. >:(
Those who get there first with the most.

SuperHog

Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

pseudorabies

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on September 15, 2007, 10:53:12 pm
I disagree Biggus, comebacks are great but I'm tired of seeing this game again.  I watched it three times against florida in 2003/2004/2006.
I'm tired of the offense being asleep for two quarters and having to play catch up when we are the 16th ranked team in the nation.

PLAY A COMPLETE GAME.  The defense got burned in the first half and took it to them in the second.  Just like we always do.

Gotta beat an unranked team with a new coach.  A win is precious.  :razorback:

Finally someone gets it.  But hey, what do we know, we are both morons. 

Cartoon Man

PulledPork

Quote from: 870 RZR on September 15, 2007, 10:49:11 pm
WE LOST.  We played not to lose and WE LOST....again.  It does no good to stage a great comeback and then pull boneheaded, moronic moves and lay down for the opponent.  Only losers do that.  I'm sick of us spitting the bit.
We played not to lose??  Are you fricken kidding me?  We were down 21-0 and took the lead in the fourth, these boys played their hearts out and all you can say is "WE LOST".  Tonight confirms to me that we will win 10 games again, WE WILL NOT LOSE AGAIN UNTIL LSU...MAYBE.  Your precious Saban got outcoached PERIOD, our staff made major adjustments and should have won the game had it not been for a phantom pass interference call.....PLEASE
uhhh, don't forget Cantucky....we won't win that one either.

Pulled out....

phoggy

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 15, 2007, 10:47:13 pm
The same coach that is getting grief for the last 2:30 on the clock is the coach who pulled us out of 21-0, 24-10, and 31-17 holes to go up by a TD in the 4th Q.

While I can point at some coaching faux pas that I am bothered by (and realize that when you lose the negatives are far more important to most folks) I am also impressed that we came back with a more diverse attack than we've seen in a while.

Two dropped passes in the middle of nowhere may be more explanatory than any single coaching gaffe.

Anyone wonder if Mitchell doesn't pop Britt with the helmet if we have a better pass rush that last series?

Arn't you tired of coaching gaffe's yet?
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

COCHISE

Quote from: PulledPork on September 15, 2007, 10:55:14 pm
We played not to lose??  Are you fricken kidding me?  We were down 21-0 and took the lead in the fourth, these boys played their hearts out and all you can say is "WE LOST".  Tonight confirms to me that we will win 10 games again, WE WILL NOT LOSE AGAIN UNTIL LSU...MAYBE.  Your precious Saban got outcoached PERIOD, our staff made major adjustments and should have won the game had it not been for a phantom pass interference call.....PLEASE

Pulled out....
Would you like to make a friendly wager, I'm glad UK won tonight so  when we beat their a$$es we'll be right back in it.

PulledPork

Quote from: 870 RZR on September 15, 2007, 10:57:01 pm

Pulled out....
Would you like to make a friendly wager, I'm glad UK won tonight so  when we beat their a$$es we'll be right back in it.
knock yourself out....how much?

Pulled out....

TruthHog

Then why are you here, Teresa? It's called free speech. Or is that only *your* right to have?
Calmer than you are.

clockwisehog

So whose fault is it?  Are the planets aligned against us?  Or casey dick?  Or DMAC (afterall if he was in better shape, he could have been in on the last possesion).  Of course blaming the refs is always en vogue.  At the end of the day, the Boss is responsible for the performance of the company.
"Doctors are always trying to tell me, you've got to start slowing it down.  But there's more old drunks than there are old Doctors, so I guess we should have another round" -- Willie Nelson

Oklahawg

Quote from: phoggy on September 15, 2007, 10:55:53 pm
The same coach that is getting grief for the last 2:30 on the clock is the coach who pulled us out of 21-0, 24-10, and 31-17 holes to go up by a TD in the 4th Q.

While I can point at some coaching faux pas that I am bothered by (and realize that when you lose the negatives are far more important to most folks) I am also impressed that we came back with a more diverse attack than we've seen in a while.

Two dropped passes in the middle of nowhere may be more explanatory than any single coaching gaffe.

Anyone wonder if Mitchell doesn't pop Britt with the helmet if we have a better pass rush that last series?

Real Freakin' Tired. Lots of it the first quarter, not just at the end. But, I still want the Hogs to win. Lots of reasons in this one. I think its easier to purge a 10-2 (regular season) HC than an 8-4 HC. That's motivation as well, as I think HDN would have options at 10-2. Not many, but more than 8-4.

Hey, has anyone blamed the Bama kicker? He didn't botch this one!

SuperHog

Pulled out....

mark it down right now.  WE WILL LOSE TO UK.

T2 RZB

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 10:44:46 pm
You guys are pathetic.  You can point to this and that, but you cannot pin this one on Nutt.  What if he would have made all the decisions the way you ask?  What if they had run the ball on that third down?  If they'd fumbled, you'd say Nutt was stupid for running.  No passing game, that idiot!  You've all gone a thousand miles overboard, and you are overeager to spew hatred at the man, way overeager.  This was a fine football game.  A calamity was salvaged by a 28-0 Arkansas run, and then without our star player we ran out of gas.  It still was decided at the very end.  If we had won, you wouldn't give him any credit either.  This just makes you look stupid, ranting like this after a game like that.

Yes

Porkem

Huggers love moral victories.  

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."
-Vince Lombardi
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

COCHISE

+1 to Biggus, at least one Mod is supporting the Hogs and recognizing their effort tonight instead of taking the opportunity to bash the team

Franchise_Hog

It wouldn't have mattered if Mitchell was in there or not....that's what happens when you only rush 3 and a better than average QB has time to pick his spots.

BigDPiggie

All I wanted was a running play on third down after Alabama had used their last time out. Win or lose, at least I would have seen intelligent clock management. Could have had 20+ seconds less in the game when they got the ball for their game winning drive that left 8 seconds left on the clock. We gave them an extra 12 seconds to win with. And, yes, it is a fact that was poor clock management.
It's Festivus... for the rest of us!

TruthHog

Quote from: hogblade on September 15, 2007, 10:52:28 pm
Another case of the players working their A^^es off in game they deserved to win like LSU and Florida last year, but Nutt's bad decisions and lack of preparation caused them to lose. Nutt just expects McFadden and Jones to win all his games for him. An offensive gameplan would have been nice.

True! He did the same thing with Matt Jones!
Calmer than you are.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: ArkansasI on September 15, 2007, 10:45:24 pm
I can't tell if you are being serious BP.  However, I will say that this game gives us a taste of what Bama must have felt after last year's game.

Under Houston Nutt, the Hogs have had a very admirable quality:  Fortitude.  No matter what happens on the field, no matter how bad things get, Houston's Razorbacks don't quit.  I am very proud of them.

Unfortunately, the saddest measurement of Houston's teams is that they appear unable to cure their deficiencies... unless Tejada shows that he can kick a 40 yard field goal.  Otherwise, we continue to run the ball with incredible success and fail to throw the ball with any imagination or reasonable average.  These deficiencies in our football program will prevent us from being a top 15 team in the country.

That said, I love watching those guys run.

They don't throw the ball to the receivers they don't have.  It's just mind-boggling, some of the things that happened in this game.  A freshman got assigned to cover the Tide's best receiver in man coverage and got burned, over and over.  Our so-called top receiver caught the football and then ran away from it.  Our best defensive tackle picked up a guy's helmet, threw it at him and got ejected.

The thing Houston Nutt did not do is completely freak out after falling behind by three touchdowns.  He used his available manpower and his regular plays, and engineered four straight touchdown drives.  The beleaguered defense produced consecutive turnovers.  Long after 100 "fire the coach" threads appeared on this board, the Hogs were ahead in the fourth quarter.

How stupid do you feel when you abandoned the team to rant about Nutt and screech fire them all on Hogville, and then they storm right back and take the lead?

You can't enjoy anything.  All you want is perfection or nothing.  This was a great football game.  Nobody's talking about the game.  It is sad.
[CENSORED]!

arkrzrbacks

opinion +1,,,,  piggus -1   score tied, in case your wondering I voted not to lose just to play

Pigdiana Jones

Quote from: ArkansasI on September 15, 2007, 10:45:24 pm
I can't tell if you are being serious BP.  However, I will say that this game gives us a taste of what Bama must have felt after last year's game.

Under Houston Nutt, the Hogs have had a very admirable quality:  Fortitude.  No matter what happens on the field, no matter how bad things get, Houston's Razorbacks don't quit.  I am very proud of them.

Unfortunately, the saddest measurement of Houston's teams is that they appear unable to cure their deficiencies... unless Tejada shows that he can kick a 40 yard field goal.  Otherwise, we continue to run the ball with incredible success and fail to throw the ball with any imagination or reasonable average.  These deficiencies in our football program will prevent us from being a top 15 team in the country.

That said, I love watching those guys run.

Who cares about fortitude, if you lose.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

WordToYourLlama

I'm just wondering if everyone here thinks that the coaches at UCLA, Louisville, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Nebraska are idiots.

They all lost today, but by way more than the Hogs.

Hugulus Hog

You guys are pathetic.  You can point to this and that, but you cannot pin this one on Nutt.  What if he would have made all the decisions the way you ask?  What if they had run the ball on that third down?  If they'd fumbled, you'd say Nutt was stupid for running.  No passing game, that idiot!  You've all gone a thousand miles overboard, and you are overeager to spew hatred at the man, way overeager.  This was a fine football game.  A calamity was salvaged by a 28-0 Arkansas run, and then without our star player we ran out of gas.  It still was decided at the very end.  If we had won, you wouldn't give him any credit either.  This just makes you look stupid, ranting like this after a game like that.

Discuss the Franking game, morons.  Not your danged e-peens.

Agreed, +1.

The Hogs played a hell of game tonight.  Showed a lot of poise and a lot of character to even get back into this one.  Like it or not, the ability to persevere says a lot of about coaching.  It's possible to 2nd guess a lot of calls on that game, but hdn didn't play not to lose.  On 3rd and long, hdn didn't try to bleed the clock and sit on his lead.  He tried to get the first down and that is playing to win guys.

It's tough to come up short like that, but they played a good game.

COCHISE

Quote from: SuperHog on September 15, 2007, 10:58:34 pm

Pulled out....

mark it down right now.  WE WILL LOSE TO UK.
Mark it down, we will not lose again before LSU, we got our "bad game" out of the way tonight and almost won, 10-2 regular season record.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: 870 RZR on September 15, 2007, 10:53:43 pm

+1, this is freaking ridiculous.
I agree UAfan...A lot of posters on here are just looking for any reason whatsoever (whether it is a legitimate reason or not) to post "Fire Nutt".  I read and post on here about half as much (or less) as I used to because of it.  It's downright ridiculous.

arkrzrbacks

WindyCityHog

BS.

Wilson used the term "stupid bastard" in another thread.....I thought he was being abnormally nice.

Great comeback for sure.....but the Hogs STILL lost one that really mattered.  Last I checked, that's 4 in a row (with Troy in between).

IF HDN is to garner credit for 10 wins last year, he damn sure earned "credit" for this loss.

Newhopehog

great come back my a$$...we were the 16th ranked team against an unranked team...we are supposed to win those game period....all falls on coaching .....team not ready to play 1st qtr.....stupid clock management at the end...all falls on coaching.....

Smokehouse

I could be proud of almost-winning, except that almost-winning is the norm, and almost-winning gets old after a while.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

chrismo

YES BABY WE CAME SOOOOOOOO CLOSE!!! i love coming close.  i dont care about winning big cames, cause coming close feels SOOOOOOOOOO good.

arkrzrbacks

Hogville = Those who can see through the smoke screen of Nutt and supporters like schaffer

Hogwired = Those that support Nutt and believe Schaffer speaks Gospel

WBChogfan

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 15, 2007, 10:58:24 pm
Quote from: phoggy on September 15, 2007, 10:55:53 pm

Real Freakin' Tired. Lots of it the first quarter, not just at the end. But, I still want the Hogs to win. Lots of reasons in this one. I think its easier to purge a 10-2 (regular season) HC than an 8-4 HC. That's motivation as well, as I think HDN would have options at 10-2. Not many, but more than 8-4.

Hey, has anyone blamed the Bama kicker? He didn't botch this one!

I'd like the Hogs to go 10-2, but I just don't see how that's possible.  Assuming a loss to LSU, how do we beat the other teams?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: WordToYourLlama on September 15, 2007, 11:01:12 pm
I'm just wondering if everyone here thinks that the coaches at UCLA, Louisville, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Nebraska are idiots.

They all lost today, but by way more than the Hogs.
lol...good post

PulledPork

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 15, 2007, 11:00:43 pm

Discuss the Franking game, morons.  Not your danged e-peens.

Agreed, +1.

The Hogs played a hell of game tonight.  Showed a lot of poise and a lot of character to even get back into this one.  Like it or not, the ability to persevere says a lot of about coaching.  It's possible to 2nd guess a lot of calls on that game, but hdn didn't play not to lose.  On 3rd and long, hdn didn't try to bleed the clock and sit on his lead.  He tried to get the first down and that is playing to win guys.

It's tough to come up short like that, but they played a good game.
and that's all that matters.....poise!

Pulled out....