Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I cannot believe you frickers are using this as an excuse to bash Houston Nutt again

Started by Biggus Piggus, September 15, 2007, 10:33:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDPiggie

It's Festivus... for the rest of us!

secfan30

hog.goblin

Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on September 15, 2007, 11:56:46 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on September 15, 2007, 11:47:10 pm
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 10:33:23 pm
Can't you wait a decent interval?  It was an outstanding game to watch.  Arkansas didn't lose 70-17.  It was not a display of unbroken incompetence, or wretched ill-preparedness.  The Razorbacks rallied from a three-TD deficit to take the lead, and had the football with a chance to salt it away with a few minutes left.  Nothing was decided till the very end.  Maybe a really good football team wins games like that one.  Maybe the Razorbacks are not quite there.  Could be Houston Nutt will never get them there.  But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

Go Franking Hogs.  Glad to be a Razorback tonight.

Proud of that an embarrassing passing game - throwing a rollout pass 5 yards over a midget wr's head or throwing a pass 3 yards short of a first down with less than 3 min to go?  I'm proud they didn't quit.  I'm proud and feel for DMac carrying this damn team.  The piece of crap arrogant know-nothing coaching staff can go to hell.

Of course, in your rant you conveniently fail to mention the two outstanding TD passes C.Dick pitched tonight.  Not to mention when he hit London Crawford in stride across the middle.  There comes a time when hate makes a person irrational...and that time is upon us.

Dick started off shaky but was good enough to win tonight.  HDN wasn't.  He lost the game, not Dick or anybody else (well, maybe Herring - but the defense should have had 45 more seconds off the clock if not for Nutt). 

Porkahontas

Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on September 15, 2007, 11:56:46 pm
Of course, in your rant you conveniently fail to mention the two outstanding TD passes C.Dick pitched tonight.  Not to mention when he hit London Crawford in stride across the middle.  There comes a time when hate makes a person irrational...and that time is upon us.

Dick should've had the pass on 3rd down late in the game picked off. He threw at a guy who had 2 Bama defenders directly between he and the WR. Had the first Bama defender not tipped it, the second one would've likely picked it off and been streaking down the field for a TD.

Dick had 4 or 5 decent throws out of the 20+ he threw tonight. A few of the completions were little dinky rollouts to the FB/RB for 4 or 5 yards that my 4 year old daughter could've hit.

Casey Dick will NEVER be a go-to guy for Arkansas that we can lean on to win games for us. Most schools recruit QB's who can be leaders and guys to go to in the clutch to make the needed throws. Nutt recruits mediocre QB's (outside of running off the one QB in the past 8 years who could somewhat throw the ball worth a damn) to hand the ball off and when the throws must be made, we don't have that QB to do it with.

Enjoy being mediocre again for the 8th straight year, fellas. 38-37 in SEC play says all you need to know.

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 15, 2007, 11:59:24 pm
Not to mention the fact we passed the ball when we should have ran more of the clock out.

No disrepect, but I know as sure as I am typing right this instant that if we had not thrown the football on that 3rd down there would be people on here bitching and moaning that we should have.  You know it's true, too.

My post history will show that I do not support Houston Nutt as the coach of AR but I'm not hanging this loss on poor coaching.  Questionable officiating on Bama's last possession cost us this game.

Smokehouse

Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on September 16, 2007, 12:07:12 am
Not to mention the fact we passed the ball when we should have ran more of the clock out.

No disrepect, but I know as sure as I am typing right this instant that if we had not thrown the football on that 3rd down there would be people on here bitching and moaning that we should have.  You know it's true, too.

My post history will show that I do not support Houston Nutt as the coach of AR but I'm not hanging this loss on poor coaching.  Questionable officiating on Bama's last possession cost us this game.

I disagree. Maybe people would have complained about not throwing earlier, but I think most (except apparently for Nutt) can tell that at that point it was time to run the clock down.

Or, at least, if we're going to seal the win, don't just run it up the middle for the first two downs and then try and throw.

And, if you're going to throw in that situation, make sure you can throw effectively. We obviously cannot, and nobody in their right minds thinks that we can.

When you've built the team around the philosophy of playing not to lose, then at least stick with that.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hognacious44

The Clock Beat Us.....Any not biased spectator would agree. 

You huggers need to are ridiculous. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 16, 2007, 12:18:00 am
Quote from: opineonswine on September 16, 2007, 12:08:28 am

Nope.  Had we ran the ball, like Tulsa just did in the exact same situation, we would prob. have won like Tulsa just did.
See, that is the problem, we have a coach that is scared to coach and can't devise a game plan on the fly.  We needed to get 2 1st downs, sad, we could not do it. 

Most people I knew thought Saban was not enough, I guess he proved he was.

He proved he was enough against Nutt.  Alabama will struggle against other teams until they get more talent...which they will.

chrismo

Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on September 15, 2007, 11:54:23 pm
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 10:44:46 pm
You guys are pathetic.  You can point to this and that, but you cannot pin this one on Nutt.  What if he would have made all the decisions the way you ask?  What if they had run the ball on that third down?  If they'd fumbled, you'd say Nutt was stupid for running.  No passing game, that idiot!  You've all gone a thousand miles overboard, and you are overeager to spew hatred at the man, way overeager.  This was a fine football game.  A calamity was salvaged by a 28-0 Arkansas run, and then without our star player we ran out of gas.  It still was decided at the very end.  If we had won, you wouldn't give him any credit either.  This just makes you look stupid, ranting like this after a game like that.

Discuss the Franking game, morons.  Not your danged e-peens.

I agree w/Biggus on this one.  I'm not a fan of Houston Nutt at all but he's not to blame for this loss.  It was an awesome football game fought out to the end by two very good football teams which, IMHO, will both win a lot of football games this season.  The Razorbacks showed a lot of character tonight and overcame a 21-pt deficit.  Take away what looked to me like two bad interference calls on Bama's last drive and we win that game.

take away 300 passing yards and we win too.  not sure how those pass interference calls werent warranted by the way...when theres contact and you dont attempted to look at the ball, expect to get flagged.

beachhawg

Can't you wait a decent interval?  It was an outstanding game to watch.  Arkansas didn't lose 70-17.  It was not a display of unbroken incompetence, or wretched ill-preparedness.  The Razorbacks rallied from a three-TD deficit to take the lead, and had the football with a chance to salt it away with a few minutes left.  Nothing was decided till the very end.  Maybe a really good football team wins games like that one.  Maybe the Razorbacks are not quite there.  Could be Houston Nutt will never get them there.  But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

WTH?
Did you see the game Biggus?
You like to lose?
Nutt cost us this game despite the great determination of a few players.

ark30inf

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 15, 2007, 10:47:13 pm
While I can point at some coaching faux pas that I am bothered by (and realize that when you lose the negatives are far more important to most folks) I am also impressed that we came back with a more diverse attack than we've seen in a while.

I agree that there were spots of different play-calling tonight.

Last year I could tell which series Malzahn was calling and which Nutt was calling.  I get a little sense of that tonight also.  I am going to lay off Lee a little.  Tonight was not Malzahn style.....but I think Lee maybe had some positive input after all.

bhuie

Nutt choked, pure and simple.  The team played with amazing heart, but the mistakes on the field and penalties reflect poor coaching.  Going down by 21 in the first quarter shows that even with two weeks to prepare for Bama, Nutt and company couldn't get it done.  And the last three possessions of the game (ALA, ARK, ALA) showed what many on this board already knew:  Saban is ten times the coach Nutt will ever be.  I'm really tired of huggers peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining.  Another Nutt moral victory is still an SEC LOSS...

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: chrismo on September 16, 2007, 12:24:22 am
You guys are pathetic.  You can point to this and that, but you cannot pin this one on Nutt.  What if he would have made all the decisions the way you ask?  What if they had run the ball on that third down?  If they'd fumbled, you'd say Nutt was stupid for running.  No passing game, that idiot!  You've all gone a thousand miles overboard, and you are overeager to spew hatred at the man, way overeager.  This was a fine football game.  A calamity was salvaged by a 28-0 Arkansas run, and then without our star player we ran out of gas.  It still was decided at the very end.  If we had won, you wouldn't give him any credit either.  This just makes you look stupid, ranting like this after a game like that.

I agree w/Biggus on this one.  I'm not a fan of Houston Nutt at all but he's not to blame for this loss.  It was an awesome football game fought out to the end by two very good football teams which, IMHO, will both win a lot of football games this season.  The Razorbacks showed a lot of character tonight and overcame a 21-pt deficit.  Take away what looked to me like two bad interference calls on Bama's last drive and we win that game.

take away 300 passing yards and we win too.  not sure how those pass interference calls werent warranted by the way...when theres contact and you dont attempted to look at the ball, expect to get flagged.

There can be contact.  The defender cannot impede the receiver's motion.  On the interference call against Woods in the endzone, he did not impede the receiver's ability to catch the football.  That was a bad call and very well may have cost us the game.

ark30inf

Not officiating.  Should have run the ball there.....and should have run the ball at least once at the end of that field goal drive.

I try to be fair....I did not complain about the one pass attempt and was sort of happy that they tried that....but would have followed it up with a run (or vice-versa).

Problem is that we seem to run in passing situations and pass in running situations.  Thats okay sometimes if subterfuge is part of it.....but its usually just a bad call. 

And if somebody is blitzing you like mad......draw or screen and use their penetration against them....nearly everyone knows that.....nearly everyone.

ark30inf

Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on September 16, 2007, 12:33:55 am

There can be contact.  The defender cannot impede the receiver's motion.  On the interference call against Woods in the endzone, he did not impede the receiver's ability to catch the football.  That was a bad call and very well may have cost us the game.

When I saw it real-time I groaned and yelled "pass interference CRAP!".....when I saw it in slo-mo it didn't look like it was.  I can see where the ref would have thought it was interference.

deucea729

Biggus, I really respect you as one of the most deeply analytical and straight-shooting posters on this board.  Your insights are nothing short of amazing.

But dude - are you freaking serious???????

chrismo

Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on September 16, 2007, 12:33:55 am

bottom line...as i basically said in my post...turn and look for the ball, and you dont have to worry about it.  agree????

NightTrain

Quote from: bhuie on September 16, 2007, 12:31:02 am
Nutt choked, pure and simple.  The team played with amazing heart, but the mistakes on the field and penalties reflect poor coaching.  Going down by 21 in the first quarter shows that even with two weeks to prepare for Bama, Nutt and company couldn't get it done. 

What is more suprising is that with two weeks to prepare, they couldn't get thru 3 plays without burning a timeout.

proud2bpork

Oliver

I don't see how anybody can feel anything near pride about tonight's game.  We had a guy get kicked out of the game for throwing a punch at a player.  Sure we came back by scoring 28 consecutive points but we shouldn't have fallen behind 21-0 in the first place.  Our fantastic coach once again proved that he makes terrible decisions in the clutch and that he can't win the big game.  Our defense  is nothing short of god-awful.  This should have been a game where we took care of business.  We lost to AN UNRANKED TEAM!  A team that will continue to beat us over the years as long as Nutt is our coach.  Saban was able to take us down tonight despite being behind in talent.  You should be more ashamed that Houston Nutt tonight for having pride in what you saw tonight.

IowaHog

Biggus, you can't run your best player to death and have a happy ending.
"Dorks.  They look like a couple of dorks". 
-Quentin Tarantino, apparently when asked about Hooten and Danny...

Brer Hog

Quote from: jamie72921 on September 15, 2007, 11:33:52 pm

Is this for real?

Which game did you watch.

I just got done watching the one where a team with very little defense and an average offense just beat a team with a Heinzman candidate and another thousand yard rusher in the backfield.

Pretty sure I saw breakdowns in the kicking and passing games. Never seen that before in the last 10 seasons, have we?

Saw a defense that couldn't rush the passer and gave up 300 yards passing and the game winning drive of 70 yards.

Saw an ineffective passing game and mediocre qb play. Has that happened before? Pretty sure it has.

Saw the head football coach blow the chance milk the clock of another 30 seconds, this coming almost immediately after the rb ran out of bounds. There is the game right there in those 2 plays alone.

Have we ever seen boneheaded clock management before tonight? Yes, I believe we have.

I saw the same game you did. I am proud of the kids. It is a shame for them.

However, this game is a microcosm of Nutt's career at Arkansas.

What he said!  This is as good as Nutt has to offer.  Next!

iivydriff

Well first the Hogs got two breaks when they got the interception and the fumble and then scored off them they were freabies take those away and the score woudnt have been even close what I saw Was the hogs Getting thrashed.  But what lost the game was when the Hogs had the ball the last time Nutty boy screwed around and lost the game for em because he didnt want to get serious and keep pounding it to the tide Nutty boy let up and put in the third string TB and could not keep the ball moving and eat up the clock.  Nutty boy decided to let the Tide have another shot at it and that is what happens when a stupid freakin Moron is the coach.   One thing I liked about tonights game was Nutt did not have his usual cocky smart a$$ look on his face.  He had a different look.   

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

blu

Well, I agree with Biggus - smite away. I came out of that game smiling - not because we lost - of course not. But proud of the talent and heart that we displayed. HDN said the players played their hearts out, and that is true. I think Biggus was feeling like I was at the end - we should be proud, very proud, of how this team came back and made this one of the most exciting games I've watched. We'll probably lose a couple or three more this year, but we have some talent. Our DL and LBs came to play. Our DBs and WRs need some help. Casey showed some leadership - he'll make better decisions as the season goes on.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Hogphilia

Quote from: HOGPICKER on September 15, 2007, 10:41:51 pm
The dork didn't lose it.  Too many mistakes on the field, i.e. flags, drops, bad snap.  It was a great game that Bama was lucky to get out with, but no excuse to bash Nutt.  Bash him because we won't go down field, oh wait we did.  Bash him because we won't go over the middle or use the tight end. Did that too.  Playing not to lose at the end was also using some clock and getting decent field position, which is in most circle consider sound coaching.  Maybe not in Madden 2008 if that is where your experience lies.

Using the clock?  When on 3rd and LONG with only 2 minutes on the clock, he sends in a (woefully) incomplete pass (by our very average QB) that goes flying somewhere incomplete....WE USED 5 FREAKING SECONDS OF THE CLOCK on that play before punting to Bama for their winning drive....Let's see they scored with 8 seconds on the clock....if we had used even just 25 seconds on the punt play that I described, Bama runs out of time and we win....

And you want to talk to me about Li'l Abner's clock management????

Hogphilia

Quote from: FAABrad on September 15, 2007, 11:09:14 pm
I liked what I saw during the comeback.  Offense looked really good at times (even Casey).  Defense played better in the second half but our DB's got butned a few too many  times.  I thought the third down pass on our last drive was an extremely poor decision and gave Alabama an extra 30 secs on the last drive.  Houston deserves credit for holding the team together when we got down 21 in the second half.  He gave most of that credit back however with the 3rd down call IMO.

Holding the team together????  Try again....Did you see the shots of that baboon who is supposed to be our coach on the sidelines when Bama was torching us and we had just mounted somewhat of a comeback....This mid level primate had a deer in the headlights, scared crapeless look on his face as he started eating the ends of his fingers off....It was a great piece of camera work....I so wish I had that shot framed....it was typical of the Li'l Abner regime....

The fact is that there are so many great players on the team (Dmac, Hillis, Jones, et al) that they almost made this neanderthal look good....until of course this midlevel-Primate calls a running play on 3rd and LONG with 2 min. on the clock and us nursing a 4 point lead....

DeltaBoy

NO MORAL VICTORIES

1. The loss rest on Herring hard head because he waited till it was 21-0 before going zone vs man to man that was killing us.

2. I blame Nutt for not controlling his staff.

3. I congratulate Nick Sabin for a great job in preparing the TIDE for UA.

Lastly This staff minus Rocker needs to be GONE ASAP!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

dc10x1103

houston nutt lost that game for us last night.   how much intelligence does it take to tell your qb on the 3rd down pass.....don't force it. if the receiver is not open, don't throw into coverage. an interception kills us. an incomplete pass kills us. if the receiver is covered tuck the ball and run. even lost yardage doesn't kill us.  keep the clock running.      and yes, the receiver was covered, big time.  that pass had absolutely no chance.

hawgbawb

BP is correct. Alabama played a great game. Wilson played as well as he ever has, in my estimation, and their recievers made lots of big plays.

We almost overcame that, and in a very hostile environment.

Casey Dick played well. With Monk we would have won.

This team is better than last year's, after 2 games.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

HoggySTruman

ummm......blah

Boarcephus

There was a time not long ago when a loss like this would have kept me up all night but last night the only reason I could't sleep was I'd taken a nap yesterday afternoon.  Just doesn't hurt anymore and that's a bad sign.   A mediocre bama offense hung 41 on us so just wait til Saturday and see what UK does.  Without McFadden, we get beat 41-10, if we're lucky.  No matter what happens this year, when McFadden leaves, we'll go down quicker than this girl I promised I'd take to Red Lobster.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

arkrzrbacks

Quote from: hawgbawb on September 16, 2007, 07:15:49 am
BP is correct. Alabama played a great game. Wilson played as well as he ever has, in my estimation, and their recievers made lots of big plays.

We almost overcame that, and in a very hostile environment.

Casey Dick played well. With Monk we would have won.

This team is better than last year's, after 2 games.

whhh we lost,,,,,in the SEC,,,,,,,,again......  maybe we need more Troy states to pad Nutt's record.

hogifino

38 points is enough to win a ballgame...not faulting the players but it is a young defense and it has been the concern of most people who know football....this is not about lovn or haten.  Great game by two teams with strengths and weaknesses.  neither team is LSU athletically.

xteri

The game was much closer than I had prognosticated. That we didn't lose by 19 was the surprise for me.

Alabama did some things that simply caught our defense in a sluggish mode. It was a great game.

That we lost will continue to rankle.

That people use it as an indicator of Nutt's inevitable unsuitability to coach in the SEC is a given.

Great game, regardless.

mopork

Biggus, I'm not going to wade through 5 pages to see if this has been posted, but here is my answer to your post:

It is entirely HDN's fault we lost the game.  We showed up flat and unprepared.  We didn't wake up and start playing until 25 minutes into the game.  This is coming after an off week.  The head coach's job is to make sure his team and his staff are ready; HDN failed to do so.  We were 2 touchdowns better than Bama, but we spotted them 3 TDs before we got "adjusted to the speed of the game."  This lack of focus and preparation lays at the feet of Houston Dale Nutt, period.

MysticHog

Biggus I know you are just as pissed as we are and you are giving us sarcasm

HogShine

The boys were freakin' awesome. THEY made me proud. The coaching made me ill. 

4thdownnutt

dont worry with you're boy cause a new ad isn't gonna get rid of him-A new ad is the best thing to happen to nutt   

arkrzrbacks

Just read Nutt's post game quotes from last year by mistake and actually thought it was from last night until I read that he said Mustain can only get better.   Geesh

LSUFan

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=155205.0;topicseen

Feralhog

There was a time when our expectations were so high, fans would be madder than hell after a loss in a game we should have won, NO MATTER WHO THE OPPONENT WAS!

Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

4thdownnutt

losses are accepted here unliked a place like bama -- wait didn't they just hire a coach because of that?  If you don't win at bama you don't stay.  But at ark it's a lifetime job if you're a GOB

harbingerofhog

*applauding*

gohawgsgo

You are right BP and I am mourning!  I can't believe we were in position to win late.  Hope D-mac is 100% for Kentucky.

razorback93

Quote from: mopork on September 16, 2007, 08:18:23 am
Biggus, I'm not going to wade through 5 pages to see if this has been posted, but here is my answer to your post:

It is entirely HDN's fault we lost the game.  We showed up flat and unprepared.  We didn't wake up and start playing until 25 minutes into the game.  This is coming after an off week.  The head coach's job is to make sure his team and his staff are ready; HDN failed to do so.  We were 2 touchdowns better than Bama, but we spotted them 3 TDs before we got "adjusted to the speed of the game."  This lack of focus and preparation lays at the feet of Houston Dale Nutt, period.
I believe Hillis said after the game that the off week sort of messed them up.  He said it took them awhile to get inot the flow of the game or something like that.

5 little pigs

Nutt cannot do it!  The team played it's heart out but are lead unfortunately by a guy that is not capable of getting it done.  Poor decisions and some of the those "trick" plays were so unimaginative they were like sandlot!!  The DMac to RJ back to DMac was especially "tricky"!!  What a moron!

nlrwildcat1

everytime we lose we are so close players played their heart out coaches made a bad decision to pass instead of run. And speaking of nutt isn't a coaches job to make sure his team is ready to play their oppenent. It loked like the defense didn't know they were playing alabama till the 2nd half

Hogphilia

Quote from: UAfan on September 15, 2007, 10:51:19 pm

Damn proud to be a Hog tonight.  No I don't believe in moral victories.  Yeah I'm disappointed in the loss, but this was not on Nutt's shoulders.  You guys are absolutely pathetic, and this site is the laughing stock of the Razorback fan base.  You are so delusional that you think that this is the majority, but the majority is nowhere near this naive or dumb.  It was funny I was talking to someone at a HS football game last night and I asked them if they ever get on Hogville and he started laughing.  He said something on the lines of those people are what makes UA look bad.  I don't mind getting on here to read insightful posts about the Razorbacks, but this site has gotten to a point where I almost get sick to my stomach.  Its time for you guys to stop acting like being little babies and quit whining about a hard fought battle at Tuscaloosa tonight.  This team is gonna surprise a lot of people.  Arkansas lost one effing game, and have ten more, ten more to go.  Give me a freaking break.  Mods this is getting outta control and its time for you to put an end to it or continue to be the laughing stock of the state.

So you are asking the Mods to only consider posts that agree with you and the Hugger boards....and if they don't we should delete them????

Sounds like you are part of the BAC conspiracy to shut everybody up so that middle Primate can keep his coaching job.