Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I cannot believe you frickers are using this as an excuse to bash Houston Nutt again

Started by Biggus Piggus, September 15, 2007, 10:33:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

COCHISE

Quote from: WindyCityHog on September 15, 2007, 11:02:16 pm
BS.

Wilson used the term "stupid bastard" in another thread.....I thought he was being abnormally nice.

Great comeback for sure.....but the Hogs STILL lost one that really mattered.  Last I checked, that's 4 in a row (with Troy in between).

IF HDN is to garner credit for 10 wins last year, he damn sure earned "credit" for this loss.
Then it's not exactly 4 in a row, is it?

Hugulus Hog

Great comeback for sure.....but the Hogs STILL lost one that really mattered.  Last I checked, that's 4 in a row (with Troy in between).

With Troy in between, doesn't that make this loss 1 in a row?  Seriously, you're reaching with that junk. You're better than that.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 15, 2007, 11:04:14 pm
BS.

Wilson used the term "stupid bastard" in another thread.....I thought he was being abnormally nice.

IF HDN is to garner credit for 10 wins last year, he damn sure earned "credit" for this loss.
I said this on the 1st page.

Yeah, let's blame Nutt for all those failed man coverages.  He did that too.  Gawd.  It's a mob.
[CENSORED]!

PulledPork

Quote from: 870 RZR on September 15, 2007, 11:01:03 pm
Quote from: SuperHog on September 15, 2007, 10:58:34 pm
Quote from: 870 RZR on September 15, 2007, 10:57:01 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on September 15, 2007, 10:55:14 pm
Quote from: 870 RZR on September 15, 2007, 10:49:11 pm
Quote from: opineonswine on September 15, 2007, 10:36:09 pm
WE LOST.  We played not to lose and WE LOST....again.  It does no good to stage a great comeback and then pull boneheaded, moronic moves and lay down for the opponent.  Only losers do that.  I'm sick of us spitting the bit.
We played not to lose??  Are you fricken kidding me?  We were down 21-0 and took the lead in the fourth, these boys played their hearts out and all you can say is "WE LOST".  Tonight confirms to me that we will win 10 games again, WE WILL NOT LOSE AGAIN UNTIL LSU...MAYBE.  Your precious Saban got outcoached PERIOD, our staff made major adjustments and should have won the game had it not been for a phantom pass interference call.....PLEASE
uhhh, don't forget Cantucky....we won't win that one either.

Pulled out....
Would you like to make a friendly wager, I'm glad UK won tonight so  when we beat their a$$es we'll be right back in it.

mark it down right now.  WE WILL LOSE TO UK.
Mark it down, we will not lose again before LSU, we got our "bad game" out of the way tonight and almost won, 10-2 regular season record, BOOK IT.
I'm still waiting.....

Pulled out...

Smokehouse

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 15, 2007, 11:05:35 pm

With Troy in between, doesn't that make this loss 1 in a row?  Seriously, you're reaching with that junk. You're better than that.

Ok, 3 SEC game losing streak, then.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: PulledPork on September 15, 2007, 11:04:45 pm
Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 15, 2007, 11:00:43 pm
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 10:44:46 pm
You guys are pathetic.  You can point to this and that, but you cannot pin this one on Nutt.  What if he would have made all the decisions the way you ask?  What if they had run the ball on that third down?  If they'd fumbled, you'd say Nutt was stupid for running.  No passing game, that idiot!  You've all gone a thousand miles overboard, and you are overeager to spew hatred at the man, way overeager.  This was a fine football game.  A calamity was salvaged by a 28-0 Arkansas run, and then without our star player we ran out of gas.  It still was decided at the very end.  If we had won, you wouldn't give him any credit either.  This just makes you look stupid, ranting like this after a game like that.

Discuss the Franking game, morons.  Not your danged e-peens.

Agreed, +1.

The Hogs played a hell of game tonight.  Showed a lot of poise and a lot of character to even get back into this one.  Like it or not, the ability to persevere says a lot of about coaching.  It's possible to 2nd guess a lot of calls on that game, but hdn didn't play not to lose.  On 3rd and long, hdn didn't try to bleed the clock and sit on his lead.  He tried to get the first down and that is playing to win guys.

It's tough to come up short like that, but they played a good game.
and that's all that matters.....poise!

Pulled out....

Funny things:
When we lose, all that matters is wins.
When we win, all that matters is integrity/character/appearances/anything BUT wins.

Pulled out...to lunch?

Smokehouse

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 11:06:17 pm
BS.

Yeah, let's blame Nutt for all those failed man coverages.  He did that too.  Gawd.  It's a mob.

So the coach shouldn't have to take credit/blame for the defense of his team?
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 15, 2007, 11:05:35 pm

With Troy in between, doesn't that make this loss 1 in a row?  Seriously, you're reaching with that junk. You're better than that.

Sorry...

Throw out Troy and that's 4 in a row with a percieved better or equal opponent.

The Hogs do beat the weak.

A moral victory does nothing for me. 

pseudorabies

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 11:00:09 pm
Quote from: ArkansasI on September 15, 2007, 10:45:24 pm
I can't tell if you are being serious BP.  However, I will say that this game gives us a taste of what Bama must have felt after last year's game.

Under Houston Nutt, the Hogs have had a very admirable quality:  Fortitude.  No matter what happens on the field, no matter how bad things get, Houston's Razorbacks don't quit.  I am very proud of them.

Unfortunately, the saddest measurement of Houston's teams is that they appear unable to cure their deficiencies... unless Tejada shows that he can kick a 40 yard field goal.  Otherwise, we continue to run the ball with incredible success and fail to throw the ball with any imagination or reasonable average.  These deficiencies in our football program will prevent us from being a top 15 team in the country.

That said, I love watching those guys run.

They don't throw the ball to the receivers they don't have.  It's just mind-boggling, some of the things that happened in this game.  A freshman got assigned to cover the Tide's best receiver in man coverage and got burned, over and over.  Our so-called top receiver caught the football and then ran away from it.  Our best defensive tackle picked up a guy's helmet, threw it at him and got ejected.

The thing Houston Nutt did not do is completely freak out after falling behind by three touchdowns.  He used his available manpower and his regular plays, and engineered four straight touchdown drives.  The beleaguered defense produced consecutive turnovers.  Long after 100 "fire the coach" threads appeared on this board, the Hogs were ahead in the fourth quarter.

How stupid do you feel when you abandoned the team to rant about Nutt and screech fire them all on Hogville, and then they storm right back and take the lead?

You can't enjoy anything.  All you want is perfection or nothing.  This was a great football game.  Nobody's talking about the game.  It is sad.

WTH?  you really expect people to be happy that Nutt didn't freak out and crawl into a fetal position and rock himself back and forth?  Great game?   Yeah, I guess, if your a Bama fan.  This wasn't anywhere close to a great game if you are a Razorback fan.  So [CENSORED] what if we came back and made it a game in the end.  We shouldn't have put ourselves in a position to do that in the first place. 

This was supposed to be the year.  No more excuses, just win.  What the Frank happened to you?

BigDPiggie

Quote from: WordToYourLlama on September 15, 2007, 11:01:12 pm
I'm just wondering if everyone here thinks that the coaches at UCLA, Louisville, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Nebraska are idiots.

They all lost today, but by way more than the Hogs.
Phillip Fulmer is an idiot, win or lose.
It's Festivus... for the rest of us!

HognotinMemphis

If it had not been 21-0 in the 1st quarter, the Hogs would not have had to put on a rally that got them the lead only to lose it by Bama scoring the last 10 points. I said in a thread that the Hogs' defense was done and that was correct. A bunch of passes and a couple of PI penalties and Bama scored easily to win the game. Only a Nutt team can be down by 21, take the lead back, then give up 10 points in a row to lose it by 3.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

FAABrad

I liked what I saw during the comeback.  Offense looked really good at times (even Casey).  Defense played better in the second half but our DB's got butned a few too many  times.  I thought the third down pass on our last drive was an extremely poor decision and gave Alabama an extra 30 secs on the last drive.  Houston deserves credit for holding the team together when we got down 21 in the second half.  He gave most of that credit back however with the 3rd down call IMO.

COCHISE

I've got a link to the Bama boards if ya'll would like to go their and celebrate with THEIR FANS.

BradyHolzhauer

Houston Nutt isn't worth as much as dental floss at a Willie Nelson concert

riccoar

We got outcoached, period.  Our secondary is going to see a high octane offense next week and give up big yardage. 

hog.goblin

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 10:33:23 pm
Can't you wait a decent interval?  It was an outstanding game to watch.  Arkansas didn't lose 70-17.  It was not a display of unbroken incompetence, or wretched ill-preparedness.  The Razorbacks rallied from a three-TD deficit to take the lead, and had the football with a chance to salt it away with a few minutes left.  Nothing was decided till the very end.  Maybe a really good football team wins games like that one.  Maybe the Razorbacks are not quite there.  Could be Houston Nutt will never get them there.  But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

Go Franking Hogs.  Glad to be a Razorback tonight.

I am very proud of the way the Hogs came back.  I am very disappointed Nutt/Lee called the worse play in the history of college football to forfeit the game.  Okay, perhaps not, but it's right up there.

pseudorabies

BS.

Who brought Vaughn back onto the field?

deltahogfan

What is sad is that nothing has changed from last year. And guess what/ If Nutt is here next year everything will be the same.
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 11:00:09 pm
Quote from: ArkansasI on September 15, 2007, 10:45:24 pm
I can't tell if you are being serious BP.  However, I will say that this game gives us a taste of what Bama must have felt after last year's game.

Under Houston Nutt, the Hogs have had a very admirable quality:  Fortitude.  No matter what happens on the field, no matter how bad things get, Houston's Razorbacks don't quit.  I am very proud of them.

Unfortunately, the saddest measurement of Houston's teams is that they appear unable to cure their deficiencies... unless Tejada shows that he can kick a 40 yard field goal.  Otherwise, we continue to run the ball with incredible success and fail to throw the ball with any imagination or reasonable average.  These deficiencies in our football program will prevent us from being a top 15 team in the country.

They don't throw the ball to the receivers they don't have.  It's just mind-boggling, some of the things that happened in this game.  A freshman got assigned to cover the Tide's best receiver in man coverage and got burned, over and over.  Our so-called top receiver caught the football and then ran away from it.  Our best defensive tackle picked up a guy's helmet, threw it at him and got ejected.

The thing Houston Nutt did not do is completely freak out after falling behind by three touchdowns.  He used his available manpower and his regular plays, and engineered four straight touchdown drives.  The beleaguered defense produced consecutive turnovers.  Long after 100 "fire the coach" threads appeared on this board, the Hogs were ahead in the fourth quarter.

How stupid do you feel when you abandoned the team to rant about Nutt and screech fire them all on Hogville, and then they storm right back and take the lead?

You can't enjoy anything.  All you want is perfection or nothing.  This was a great football game.  Nobody's talking about the game.  It is sad.
Those who get there first with the most.

NMHog

Sorry, but I believe we can blame this on HDN.  He gave 'Bama the extra 30 seconds they needed to score the winning touchdown.  When the other team is out of timeouts, you don't give them the extra time by passing on third down.  Even if the pass had been completed, they threw a sideline pass, so that the receiver could have been tackled out of bounds to stop the clock.  Another run play may or may not have gotten a first down, but it would have taken 30-40 seconds off the clock.  We simply gave them too much time at the end, and it cost us.

Nevertheless, Go Hogs Go forever and ever.
Debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid-off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of choice. - Dave Ramsey

chrismo

Quote from: Smokehouse on September 15, 2007, 11:08:12 pm
BS.

no.  the head coach only gets credit for wins.  assitants are there for credits for losing.  they have NO accountibility to the head coach, and he's not responsible for anything his staff does.

HognotinMemphis

It's Nutt's fault he has one returning scholarship QB who has a career sub .500 pass completion rate...and he was well under .500 tonight.

122 yds passing in the SEC will lose you most games regardless of how many rushing yards your team gets.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

TruthHog

Quote from: 870 RZR on September 15, 2007, 11:09:31 pm
I've got a link to the Bama boards if ya'll would like to go their and celebrate with THEIR FANS.

Ummm....thanks, we're all too stupid to figure that out by ourselves. We thought this was a UA board
Calmer than you are.

Smokehouse

Quote from: chrismo on September 15, 2007, 11:11:24 pm
Quote from: Smokehouse on September 15, 2007, 11:08:12 pm
BS.

no.  the head coach only gets credit for wins.  assitants are there for credits for losing.  they have NO accountibility to the head coach, and he's not responsible for anything his staff does.

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot. I wish I could have a job were people only evaluated me on the good things that I did.

riccoar

Exactly.  We played much better when Campbell was coaching this unit.

COCHISE

Quote from: TruthHog on September 15, 2007, 11:12:01 pm
Quote from: 870 RZR on September 15, 2007, 11:09:31 pm

Ummm....thanks, we're all too stupid to figure that out by ourselves. We thought this was a UA board
You would certainly think so, the way you're all up on Saban's junk.

ArkansasI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: ArkansasI on Today at 10:45:24 PM
I can't tell if you are being serious BP.  However, I will say that this game gives us a taste of what Bama must have felt after last year's game.

Under Houston Nutt, the Hogs have had a very admirable quality:  Fortitude.  No matter what happens on the field, no matter how bad things get, Houston's Razorbacks don't quit.  I am very proud of them.

Unfortunately, the saddest measurement of Houston's teams is that they appear unable to cure their deficiencies... unless Tejada shows that he can kick a 40 yard field goal.  Otherwise, we continue to run the ball with incredible success and fail to throw the ball with any imagination or reasonable average.  These deficiencies in our football program will prevent us from being a top 15 team in the country.

They don't throw the ball to the receivers they don't have.  It's just mind-boggling, some of the things that happened in this game.  A freshman got assigned to cover the Tide's best receiver in man coverage and got burned, over and over.  Our so-called top receiver caught the football and then ran away from it.  Our best defensive tackle picked up a guy's helmet, threw it at him and got ejected.

The thing Houston Nutt did not do is completely freak out after falling behind by three touchdowns.  He used his available manpower and his regular plays, and engineered four straight touchdown drives.  The beleaguered defense produced consecutive turnovers.  Long after 100 "fire the coach" threads appeared on this board, the Hogs were ahead in the fourth quarter.

You can't enjoy anything.  All you want is perfection or nothing.  This was a great football game.  Nobody's talking about the game.  It is sad.

It is sad.  But I have to tell you, the things about the game that bothered me relate back to coaching.  Does anyone expect to savour this game?

We played an average Bama team...  I suspect that Bama will lose 4 games this year.  We had 2 weeks to prepare for Nick Saban - a coach who is very familiar with what we do.  Bama was able to get coached up to defend us for 1 1/2 quarters.  The nature of our offense doesn't have huge impacts upon a defense until we have had they ball a few series and begin to wear down the defense.

In spite of all this, we had nothing new to come out with against Alabama.  We just figured that we would walk into that stadium - a place we knew would be high as a kite - and run Alabama off the field.  We needed something to throw them off those first few series before settling in to do what we do best - and the thing that this Bama team can't stop.

Instead, we play into their hands.  Our defense gets torched in press man coverage about 2 series straight before we start protecting that freshman DB...  WTH?  It was just hard to watch.

The best coaches are revealed at the beginning and ending of a game.  The players control the middle.  Somebody tell me what happened.

I know that it is not all Houston's fault.  The truth is, he coached well enough to win.  However, the Razorbacks lost tonight.  And there was a lot riding on this game.

SuperHog

the only coaches we have on staff that are worth anything are:

tracey rocker
alex wood-maybe
tim horton-maybe...not enough time to form an opinion yet

nutt-worthless waste of $ to the university
herring-before tonight, I was a fan...he had two weeks to prepare his D and we are down 21-0 before the end of the 1q, unacceptable.
vaughn-couldn't coach in jr. high
shibest-do I really need to explain here
bobby allen-lifelong nutt yes man, nuff said
david lee-no comment needed, 3rd stint at same school, same ** predictable offensive schemes
markuson-can't teach pass blocking

Here's hoping Jeff Long cleans house, from Nutt all the way down to the janitors.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

hogblade

Arkansas is the 16th ranked team in the country, we went down 21-0 in the 1st quarter. Nutt had to run McFadden until he got hurt over 3 quarters to get back in the game, then McFadden wasn't in there to seal the deal for Nutt and Nutt blew it with the 3rd down call offensively speaking.

Defense-wise, we didn't recruit good enough D-backs to play man coverage. Herring waited till we were down 21 before he tried zone to slow them down, but all in all. It has nothing to do with the coaches, right. I guess you still just want to blame Fish, Crawford, and Mitchell for their miscues.

I knew our players were good enough to bring us back. We have the Heisman trophy runner-up, and the 16th ranked team in the country but I also knew Hooten and Herring INC. was that much of a clusternutt to screw things up at the end.

Notre Dame is bad and Weiss deserves any heat he gets.
Louisville got beat by a very high-powered Kentucky team that is going to scorch us next week, we better hope McFadden is healthy.
Tennessee was overmatched by Florida. Florida was the better team going in by far.
UCLA was awful today and the coach deserves all the heat he gets today.
but let's leave poor Houston alone. He kept his composure on the sidelines after all when we went down 21 points.

ArkansasI

One other thing to discuss about the game...  I hate the prevent defense.  When does that thing ever kick in and work?  Maybe with 20 seconds.  But 2 minutes... geez.

jamie72921

Can't you wait a decent interval?  It was an outstanding game to watch.  Arkansas didn't lose 70-17.  It was not a display of unbroken incompetence, or wretched ill-preparedness.  The Razorbacks rallied from a three-TD deficit to take the lead, and had the football with a chance to salt it away with a few minutes left.  Nothing was decided till the very end.  Maybe a really good football team wins games like that one.  Maybe the Razorbacks are not quite there.  Could be Houston Nutt will never get them there.  But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

Is this for real?

Which game did you watch.

I just got done watching the one where a team with very little defense and an average offense just beat a team with a Heinzman candidate and another thousand yard rusher in the backfield.

Pretty sure I saw breakdowns in the kicking and passing games. Never seen that before in the last 10 seasons, have we?

Saw a defense that couldn't rush the passer and gave up 300 yards passing and the game winning drive of 70 yards.

Saw an ineffective passing game and mediocre qb play. Has that happened before? Pretty sure it has.

Saw the head football coach blow the chance milk the clock of another 30 seconds, this coming almost immediately after the rb ran out of bounds. There is the game right there in those 2 plays alone.

Have we ever seen boneheaded clock management before tonight? Yes, I believe we have.

I saw the same game you did. I am proud of the kids. It is a shame for them.

However, this game is a microcosm of Nutt's career at Arkansas.
Bless your heart

Jim Red23

Biggus, you can't be serious.  We came back and took the lead, and then just played not to lose.  Much of that rides on Nutt's shoulders.  That last drive we should've been playing to win, but in typical Nutt fashion we play not to lose instead, and we end up losing.  Our best player not carrying it even once on that last drive is still driving me crazy.  He had shown all night he was good for 5-8 yards every carry, even with defenders hitting him at the line of scrimmage.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

HogginAllDay&Nite

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 15, 2007, 11:13:56 pm
Quote from: pseudorabies on September 15, 2007, 11:10:08 pm
BS.

Like I said, if ole HDN gets all the credit for the " 10 " Wins last year, he can have ALL of it for the Franking loss we had tonight! 

I guess the H/C doesn't have anything to do w/ making sure the right coach is teaching the right people how to cover? Or better yet, the H/C has nothing to do w/ Recruiting the right players to coach? 

Nope, not HDN, he has nothing to do w/ any of that, that is the real Problem!

Well if I recall when we had the 10 game winning streak going I remember people saying it was Gus doing.....but during the LSU/Florida/Wisconsin games it's all of a sudden Nutt's fault....It seems it's a no win situation either way it goes for Houston.....
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

unkosher

"So at what point are we allowed to blame the coach?  After he CHOKES on 20 games? 30? 50?"

This says it best.  See, the fact is that when the season is going it is "support the team, don't get on the coaches."  Then it is don't mess up recruiting by badmouthing Houston.  Then in the summer it is," can't you lay off until these guys even play a game?"  This was a great game, but as soon as we threw on 3rd down, I knew what was going to happen.  The same thing that always happens.

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Hognacious44

WHEN WE ARE DOWN BIG, WE THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD, "PLAY-ACTION," WE CATCH UP.  WHEN WE ARE WINNING, WE THROW THE 1/8 YARD ROLLOUT PASS ON 3RD AND LONG, WE LOSE.  HOW MANY TIMES HAS THE SAME JUVENILE PLAY CALLING  BEEN MADE IN NUTT'S CAREER?  WELL, IT AIN'T GONNA STOP UNTIL WE CUT'EM OFF. :puke:

ArkansasI

iknodarren,

I think most people believe that Houston was frustrating Gus as the season went on... he certainly didn't allow Gus to do what he thought he was hired to do at Arkansas.

This is why Gus is now coaching at Tulsa.

I am not one to say that Gus is a great coach or that the University of Arkansas will suffer without him.  However, I believe that Gus was a good man, an inspirational coach and a tireless worker.  We could use more of those type of men in our athletic program.

gcraise1

I am blaming HDN. He was beat by a team with less talent than us, and outcoached by a first year coach of the alabama program, who said after the game they had a good 2 minute drill. Our coach has been here 10 years now, running pretty much the same ole offensive scheme, he should of had the upper hand. But what does he do on third down, he passes instead of just running the ball. and even if we didnt make a first down the clock still runs. We then could take a delay of game penalty before punting away. BONEHEAD move that I am tired of seeing by a coach who has been with a program for 10 years.

kdogstew

I know I loved seeing all the discouraged looks by the Alabama Players in the 4th quater when we were dominating them on both sides of the ball.

Sure Bama won and had every reason to celebrate that amazing win over us, but man we really had them beat for the end of the 3rd quater and beginning of 4th quater.

Seeing the looks on discouragement for those 2 quaters should be enough.  Really. Thats enough for me.  Final score, well you know, not that important, but boy those two quaters we really had them on the ropes.

Go Hogs

Hugulus Hog

In response to Biggus' thread title.

The sky is blue, it's hdn's fault, fire nutt.
Water is wet, it's hdn's fault, fire nutt.
Bears do it in the woods, it's hdn's fault, fire nutt.
We lost, it's hdn's fault, fire nutt.
We won, it's hdn's fault, fire nutt.

The pathetically predictable thing about some folks is that literally anything can be manufactured into an excuse to bash hdn.  

Porkahontas

Good God.

After 9 years of this darn, we're suppose to still be happy with moral victories?

A loss is a loss. A loss at the hands of the 2nd grade playcalling of our offense and the lousy clock management late in the game shouldn't be a loss.

Enjoy your moral victory tonight, Biggus. In fact, you might want to get used to them the rest of the season. With Nutt at the helm, we're probably going to lose a couple more that we shouldn't lose because of ineffective play-calling at crucial times and piss poor clock management and personnel moves during the game.

This should be a win. Period. Houston freaking Nutt lost this game for the Hogs.

Cartoon Man

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 10:44:46 pm
You guys are pathetic.  You can point to this and that, but you cannot pin this one on Nutt.  What if he would have made all the decisions the way you ask?  What if they had run the ball on that third down?  If they'd fumbled, you'd say Nutt was stupid for running.  No passing game, that idiot!  You've all gone a thousand miles overboard, and you are overeager to spew hatred at the man, way overeager.  This was a fine football game.  A calamity was salvaged by a 28-0 Arkansas run, and then without our star player we ran out of gas.  It still was decided at the very end.  If we had won, you wouldn't give him any credit either.  This just makes you look stupid, ranting like this after a game like that.

Discuss the Franking game, morons.  Not your danged e-peens.

I agree w/Biggus on this one.  I'm not a fan of Houston Nutt at all but he's not to blame for this loss.  It was an awesome football game fought out to the end by two very good football teams which, IMHO, will both win a lot of football games this season.  The Razorbacks showed a lot of character tonight and overcame a 21-pt deficit.  Take away what looked to me like two bad interference calls on Bama's last drive and we win that game.

hogblade

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: donewithdale on September 15, 2007, 11:47:10 pm

Proud of that an embarrassing passing game - throwing a rollout pass 5 yards over a midget wr's head or throwing a pass 3 yards short of a first down with less than 3 min to go?  I'm proud they didn't quit.  I'm proud and feel for DMac carrying this damn team.  The piece of crap arrogant know-nothing coaching staff can go to hell.

Of course, in your rant you conveniently fail to mention the two outstanding TD passes C.Dick pitched tonight.  Not to mention when he hit London Crawford in stride across the middle.  There comes a time when hate makes a person irrational...and that time is upon us.

Porkahontas

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on September 15, 2007, 11:11:33 pm
It's Nutt's fault he has one returning scholarship QB who has a career sub .500 pass completion rate...and he was well under .500 tonight.

122 yds passing in the SEC will lose you most games regardless of how many rushing yards your team gets.

Most schools try to recruit QB's who can win a game for a team if needed.

Our genius head coach recruits most of his QB's to get bus drivers who won't make mistakes in the limited attempts at throwing the ball. We end up getting mediocre QB's who can't make the key throws because of this, rendering our offense impotent as a 90 year old (minus the blue pills).

Some of these people out here forget yesterday as quick as the sun comes up each new morning. This is the same song and dance we've seen for 8 years under Houston Nutt. Last year is as good as it's ever going to get with the idiot. 10 wins and it took 14 games to get there, barely over a 70% winning percent over the entire season.

secfan30

COCHISE

Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on September 15, 2007, 11:56:46 pm

Proud of that an embarrassing passing game - throwing a rollout pass 5 yards over a midget wr's head or throwing a pass 3 yards short of a first down with less than 3 min to go?  I'm proud they didn't quit.  I'm proud and feel for DMac carrying this damn team.  The piece of crap arrogant know-nothing coaching staff can go to hell.

Of course, in your rant you conveniently fail to mention the two outstanding TD passes C.Dick pitched tonight.  Not to mention when he hit London Crawford in stride across the middle.  There comes a time when hate makes a person irrational...and that time is upon us.
not to mention the pass that Fish dropped that was a sure TD.

BigDPiggie

Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on September 15, 2007, 11:56:46 pm

I won't fail to mention we lost.
It's Festivus... for the rest of us!