Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I cannot believe you frickers are using this as an excuse to bash Houston Nutt again

Started by Biggus Piggus, September 15, 2007, 10:33:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Can't you wait a decent interval?  It was an outstanding game to watch.  Arkansas didn't lose 70-17.  It was not a display of unbroken incompetence, or wretched ill-preparedness.  The Razorbacks rallied from a three-TD deficit to take the lead, and had the football with a chance to salt it away with a few minutes left.  Nothing was decided till the very end.  Maybe a really good football team wins games like that one.  Maybe the Razorbacks are not quite there.  Could be Houston Nutt will never get them there.  But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

Go [CENSORED] Hogs.  Glad to be a Razorback tonight.
[CENSORED]!

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Styflin

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 10:33:23 pm
Can't you wait a decent interval?  It was an outstanding game to watch.  Arkansas didn't lose 70-17.  It was not a display of unbroken incompetence, or wretched ill-preparedness.  The Razorbacks rallied from a three-TD deficit to take the lead, and had the football with a chance to salt it away with a few minutes left.  Nothing was decided till the very end.  Maybe a really good football team wins games like that one.  Maybe the Razorbacks are not quite there.  Could be Houston Nutt will never get them there.  But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

Go Franking Hogs.  Glad to be a Razorback tonight.

Best thread all night!  +1

pigsnoter49

Ding Dong The Dork Is Gone Oh Happy Day!

rljjr

Hawgon

Woo Hoo, we just lost to an unranked team that we should have beaten after forgetting to show up for the first quarter.

Fire the Dork.

PulledPork

see, we really didn't lose.....we are stuck in the "Twilight Zone". Remember, we were assured by the huggers that with Dmac and Felix we will not fail!

ah hell with it, we expected it and another one next week!

Pulled out....

hogpowr

The future of nuttball was determined when houston dork, couldn't accept the apology of an 18 year old.
Welcome Coach Bielema!

stronguard

Can't you wait a decent interval?  It was an outstanding game to watch.  Arkansas didn't lose 70-17.  It was not a display of unbroken incompetence, or wretched ill-preparedness.  The Razorbacks rallied from a three-TD deficit to take the lead, and had the football with a chance to salt it away with a few minutes left.  Nothing was decided till the very end.  Maybe a really good coachedfootball team wins games like that one.  Maybe the Razorbacks are not quite there.  Houston Nutt will never get them there.  But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

Fixed it for you Biggus
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Justifiable Hogicide

Ex-Trumpet

"Well, Chuck, I'm just so proud of our guys!  They gave a hunnerd n'ten percent.  They're fighters!  Just gotta execute, keep givin' a hunnerd n'ten percent..."
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

LAhog123

We're all about moral victories here....that's apparently all Arkansas Razorback fans are about...not

ThisTeetsTaken

You're right, we're only a play or two away. Yeeehaw.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

wooo

it was a great game, we almost won it..TO BAD OUR COACH IS A DUMBASS!!!!

TruthHog

But tonight, you should be proud of the Hogs and should be mourning what could have been.  It was so close.  It was decided at the end.

Perfect example of the predominant loser mentality that holds Arkansas back. Rigoddamdiculous. Start winning some of these, instead of losing every m-effing one. WAKE THE Fvc& UP!
Calmer than you are.

WordToYourLlama

I agree.  I'm very sad we lost and disappointed, but I'm proud of the fight the team showed.

Mr. Porkleone

RedRiverHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2011, 12:45:49 pm
Then I luuuuuvs the dick.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

stchane

Quote from: Hawgon on September 15, 2007, 10:36:35 pm
Woo Hoo, we just lost to an unranked team that we should have beaten after forgetting to show up for the first quarter.

Fire the Dork.

This is where HDN is to blame.  We didnt show up at all until 5:00 left in the 1st half.  If we'd have shown up when the game began, its pretty likely that we woulda won.  The depressing thing is that we're gonna lose next week two.  Say goodbye to the season folks.  At least we have a Heisman candidate to put hope into.
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

Rooka

For god's sake why are all the huggers still denying it!!!! FIRE NUTT!!

Dont you understand, when you play to lose you are asking to lose! Thanks Nutt! Without Dmac and his 2323113 rushes this game would not have been close. FIRE NUTT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Face it:  Houston Nutt is solely to blame tonight.  The players gave a heck of an effort to get back in this game--and take the lead--only to get Nutted once again.  When will "Nutt-Supporters" come to "grip" with the fact that Nutt can't coach?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

pseudorabies

Some of us mourn in different ways.  We just lost a game we should have won.  I'm tired of moral victories Biggus.  I am confused by your post.

Cartoon Man

HOGPICKER

The dork didn't lose it.  Too many mistakes on the field, i.e. flags, drops, bad snap.  It was a great game that Bama was lucky to get out with, but no excuse to bash Nutt.  Bash him because we won't go down field, oh wait we did.  Bash him because we won't go over the middle or use the tight end. Did that too.  Playing not to lose at the end was also using some clock and getting decent field position, which is in most circle consider sound coaching.  Maybe not in Madden 2008 if that is where your experience lies.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

Reaganite

PulledPork

Quote from: HOGPICKER on September 15, 2007, 10:41:51 pm
The dork didn't lose it.  Too many mistakes on the field, i.e. flags, drops, bad snap.  It was a great game that Bama was lucky to get out with, but no excuse to bash Nutt.  Bash him because we won't go down field, oh wait we did.  Bash him because we won't go over the middle or use the tight end. Did that too.  Playing not to lose at the end was also using some clock and getting decent field position, which is in most circle consider sound coaching.  Maybe not in Madden 2008 if that is where your experience lies.
that's funny.....Saban figured out a way to do it.

Pulled out....

El Puerco Grande

My stance on HDN has been negative 100%. Although early in the game we looked real bad on defense, I don't think we got "outcoached" be the Great and Powerful Saban. Did you see him on the sidelines? He looked like he might wet his pants when we came storming back and not only tied, but took the lead. We should have won, moral victory, and all that. But I, for one, thought the coaching was above par.
How 'bout them hogs?

hview

Proud of the team for a tremendous comeback, but we shouldn't have lost this game.

Hogtropolis™

Agree 100%

It was a great game to watch but a horrible ending for Hog fans.  The only coaching that I fault right now is that of Reggie Herring for not having his defense better prepared.  38 points should always be enough to get you a win.  Our offense is fine, but we have got to get better on D.

I'm very disappointed right now in the loss which takes a little bit of the luster away from the Kentucky game next week, but as always I will be rooting for the Hogs no matter what.  GO ARKANSAS!!!  BEAT KENTUCKY!!!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

So what you're saying is that the kids fought their hearts out, but poor coaching decisions and worse clock management (shutting it down as soon as we got the lead) lost us ANOTHER game, but we shouldn't blame the coach?

So at what point are we allowed to blame the coach?  After he CHOKES on 20 games? 30? 50?

Biggus Piggus

You guys are pathetic.  You can point to this and that, but you cannot pin this one on Nutt.  What if he would have made all the decisions the way you ask?  What if they had run the ball on that third down?  If they'd fumbled, you'd say Nutt was stupid for running.  No passing game, that idiot!  You've all gone a thousand miles overboard, and you are overeager to spew hatred at the man, way overeager.  This was a fine football game.  A calamity was salvaged by a 28-0 Arkansas run, and then without our star player we ran out of gas.  It still was decided at the very end.  If we had won, you wouldn't give him any credit either.  This just makes you look stupid, ranting like this after a game like that.

Discuss the [CENSORED] game, morons.  Not your danged e-peens.
[CENSORED]!

Cartoon Man

palooza agree with you. We have so much talent, and the boys played their hearts out, then Nutt goes conservative, and puts it on the D. These players and players in the future deserve better.

ArkansasI

I can't tell if you are being serious BP.  However, I will say that this game gives us a taste of what Bama must have felt after last year's game.

Under Houston Nutt, the Hogs have had a very admirable quality:  Fortitude.  No matter what happens on the field, no matter how bad things get, Houston's Razorbacks don't quit.  I am very proud of them.

Unfortunately, the saddest measurement of Houston's teams is that they appear unable to cure their deficiencies... unless Tejada shows that he can kick a 40 yard field goal.  Otherwise, we continue to run the ball with incredible success and fail to throw the ball with any imagination or reasonable average.  These deficiencies in our football program will prevent us from being a top 15 team in the country.

That said, I love watching those guys run.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: abostian on September 15, 2007, 10:44:26 pm

So what you're saying is that the kids fought their hearts out, but poor coaching decisions and worse clock management (shutting it down as soon as we got the lead) lost us ANOTHER game, but we shouldn't blame the coach?

So at what point are we allowed to blame the coach?  After he CHOKES on 20 games? 30? 50?

This was no choke.  That's ridiculous.  This place is poisonous.
[CENSORED]!

WMHawgfan

LAhog123

phoggy

Didn't see much of DMAC with 4 minutes or so left. Frick you.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Oklahawg

The same coach that is getting grief for the last 2:30 on the clock is the coach who pulled us out of 21-0, 24-10, and 31-17 holes to go up by a TD in the 4th Q.

While I can point at some coaching faux pas that I am bothered by (and realize that when you lose the negatives are far more important to most folks) I am also impressed that we came back with a more diverse attack than we've seen in a while.

Two dropped passes in the middle of nowhere may be more explanatory than any single coaching gaffe.

Anyone wonder if Mitchell doesn't pop Britt with the helmet if we have a better pass rush that last series?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

kuhog

It wasn't because of "wretched ill-preparedness"? How do you explain a 21-0 deficit? It doesn't sound as if we were prepared at all.

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

taintlint

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 15, 2007, 10:44:46 pm
You guys are pathetic.  You can point to this and that, but you cannot pin this one on Nutt.  What if he would have made all the decisions the way you ask?  What if they had run the ball on that third down?  If they'd fumbled, you'd say Nutt was stupid for running.  No passing game, that idiot!  You've all gone a thousand miles overboard, and you are overeager to spew hatred at the man, way overeager.  This was a fine football game.  A calamity was salvaged by a 28-0 Arkansas run, and then without our star player we ran out of gas.  It still was decided at the very end.  If we had won, you wouldn't give him any credit either.  This just makes you look stupid, ranting like this after a game like that.

Discuss the Franking game, morons.  Not your danged e-peens.

Losers lose.

We lost.

What does that make us?

Bama is mediocre at best and we lost to them.

WE ARE THE SUCK.

31to6

Quote from: WordToYourLlama on September 15, 2007, 10:38:28 pm

I agree.  I'm very sad we lost and disappointed, but I'm proud of the fight the team showed.
The team showed great fight. But the coaches threw the game away on that last offensive drive with HDN's typical hyper-conservative mentality.

How many games have we thrown away a lead once we had the opposing defense torn up?!?!?

I'm so tired of it.

There's a reason Pete Carrol sometime runs up the score: he doesn't turn the offense off till the final buzzer sounds.

COCHISE

Quote from: opineonswine on September 15, 2007, 10:36:09 pm
WE LOST.  We played not to lose and WE LOST....again.  It does no good to stage a great comeback and then pull boneheaded, moronic moves and lay down for the opponent.  Only losers do that.  I'm sick of us spitting the bit.
We played not to lose??  Are you fricken kidding me?  We were down 21-0 and took the lead in the fourth, these boys played their hearts out and all you can say is "WE LOST".  Tonight confirms to me that we will win 10 games again, WE WILL NOT LOSE AGAIN UNTIL LSU...MAYBE.  Your precious Saban got outcoached PERIOD, our staff made major adjustments and should have won the game had it not been for a phantom pass interference call.....PLEASE

elkhog

The first half was terrible.  We were getting humiliated.  Alabama let us back in it in the second half with two costly turnovers.  In the end, the best coach won.  I said COACH, not TEAM!
GO HOGS!!!

Hawgon

21-0 in the first quarter was a choke.  Get those boys ready to play from the gun, and we win this game easily.