Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All post about Burns and Ziemba playing for Auburn go HERE (merged threads)

Started by Porkyswine, September 15, 2007, 11:50:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkyswine

Cox is done.

razorbackfan4life

I hope so...  I want to see him play!

Bomis Hawg

rljjr

You know, that QB we didn't need and didn't recruit all that hard.

hawgbawb

We lost him and Mallet because of Mustain. So sad.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

MountieDawg

SEC!

RazorWire™

September 15, 2007, 12:23:10 pm #6 Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 12:25:35 pm by RazorWire™
NM

hawgfan101

Yeah I've already seen Kodi and Lee playing. Such a pity....but I guess they didn't have enough talent to play on Houston's team.

Roger
Got Bobby?? Arkansas recruits do....

merccedes

They dont seem to be doing alot for Auburns team at the moment

Zen_Hog

Burns is driving teh ball downfield right now.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Zen_Hog

I hope Burns tears it up today.

Starter for the next 3 years.

burt

we lost mustain because of nutt even sadder  :(

WordToYourLlama

Quote from: hawgbawb on September 15, 2007, 12:02:39 pm

Agreed.  It is unfortunate that they stayed away because of Mustain and then we lost him.

diehardrbackfan

September 15, 2007, 12:50:50 pm #14 Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 07:17:15 pm by diehardrbackfan

pigmania

We lose all 3 QB's and now we're stuck with Dick. Thanks Dork!

BigArkyintheRock

He looks good out there.

WPS! :razorback:
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

burt

you talk about a guy becoming a hero before our eyes is what the announcer just said about kodi burns

PiggyBack

Boy I sure do like seeing Ziemba and Burns playing for Tommy "Ears" Tubberville.
Thanks Paw-paw.
Thanks Dale.

Geez, I hate those guys.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: PiggyBack on September 15, 2007, 12:53:34 pm
Boy I sure do like seeing Ziemba and Burns playing for Tommy "Ears" Tubberville.
Thanks Paw-paw.
Thanks Dale.

Geez, I hate those guys.

It is enough to make one mad.
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

PaleHorse

he's got about 60 yards rushing and a TD
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

Hogndog36

Quote from: rljjr on September 15, 2007, 12:01:04 pm

I thought that yall wanted a passing game. He sucks at passing, all he does is run the option. Make up your mind, do you want to pass and run
Smite me..... HAHA Smite me

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: diehardrbackfan on September 15, 2007, 12:50:50 pm
Quote from: burt on September 15, 2007, 12:49:06 pm
we lost mustain because of nutt even sadder  :(

If I had the choice I would probably take Mallet over Mustain, but that may be just me.  I just think Mallett has all the tools to be a top 5 pick in the NFL Draft one day.
As a Razorback fan, I would take burns over Mallet and Mustain.  Burns would have fit it great with the type of offense that we run.  I sure hate we lost him just because Mustain was on the team at the time.  If only Mustain would have transferred a little sooner.

Hogndog36

Quote from: donewithdale on September 15, 2007, 12:58:58 pm
Quote from: Hogndog36 on September 15, 2007, 12:55:57 pm

I thought that yall wanted a passing game. He sucks at passing, all he does is run the option. Make up your mind, do you want to pass and run

Both. 

Well kodi can't pass, so he would be nothing but a running QB here, therefor going against moving to a better passing attack

STRILE

Should both be starting today.  Who is our QB again?  Mustain should be starting for us, if not us he should be starting for ND.  Burns is twice as good as anybody we have on campus.  Thanks again, Houston.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

SquirrelMasterFunk

Do not forget Mallet playing for Michigan later today.
Wilson going to Tulsa.

Boy Hooten sure is a good coach.    :puke:

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: STRILE on September 15, 2007, 01:01:24 pm
Thanks again, Houston.

For your absolute dereliction of duty in recruiting your own state.

elkhog

GO HOGS!!!

Hogndog36

once again if you were one of the people that wanted to get away from running it right and left every play. If you wanted a more productive passing game then you would not like Burns. He can't pass it at all. All he does is run it. That would not change anything for HDN's old play calling.

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: pigmania on September 15, 2007, 12:50:56 pm
We lose all 3 QB's and now we're stuck with Dick. Thanks Dork!

Do not forget Dick's little bro that we stole from RICE.    >:(

NateMan

Quote from: Hogndog36 on September 15, 2007, 01:04:08 pm
once again if you were one of the people that wanted to get away from running it right and left every play. If you wanted a more productive passing game then you would not like Burns. He can't pass it at all. All he does is run it. That would not change anything for HDN's old play calling.

True, but it sure looks like Burns can run the option better than Dick can.  If anything, I expect to see more and more of DMAC at QB the rest of the year, and more and more option just like Auburn is using today.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: cbad on September 15, 2007, 01:02:39 pm
Do not forget Mallet playing for Michigan later today.
Wilson going to Tulsa.

Boy Hooten sure is a good coach.    :puke:

And a fence mender!

zorbacks06

'Quarterbacks are overrated" - Houston Nutt

Hogndog36

Quote from: NateMan on September 15, 2007, 01:06:09 pm

True, but it sure looks like Burns can run the option better than Dick can.  If anything, I expect to see more and more of DMAC at QB the rest of the year, and more and more option just like Auburn is using today.

But remember less than an hour ago you were probly saying how Arkansas can't pass it and that all we can do it run, now look at you. You are complaining because we don't have a RUNNING QB

forrest city joe

No we did not. we lost them because of Houston Nutt. do not re-write history.

AFWarrior83

Get over it.  Griping about it isn't going to change anything. 
Hogville member since 2005.

natehog

Nonetheless, I think Burns would be a better runner and handoffer than Dick.  If Nutt is going to stick with the run Burns would have been a good one

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 15, 2007, 12:56:20 pm

That is absolutely not true. Burns was not afraid of competing against Mustain.

I had heard that Burns' desicion was a family choice, due to how HDN treated Kodi's brother Khayyam.

Hogndog36

Quote from: donewithdale on September 15, 2007, 01:08:25 pm

From less than one half of play vs an SEC opponent you have decided he can't pass? 

No from watching him play for about 7 years, and knowing that Auburn has tried to pass once or twice with him in there.

Razorpimpin01

Hard to believe some people are blaming Mustain for recruiting failures. While you're at it I think you can blame Mustain and Malzahn for global warming. Hell, I think they caused the National deficit too.

OKCHawg

Remind me, who was recruiting Burns and Ziemba for the Hogs???

Hogndog36

how did burns do last year when the pressure was on him, how did he do when it was his time to shine. He is a great runner, but he will never be a great passer, and I am just suprised that everyone on here is saying how we miss will miss him and then going right back into the same discussion saying that we will never get over the hump until we get a passing QB.

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: Razorpimpin01 on September 15, 2007, 01:10:13 pm
Hard to believe some people are blaming Mustain for recruiting failures. While you're at it I think you can blame Mustain and Malzahn for global warming. Hell, I think they caused the National deficit too.

They may have been on that canoe with Scooter Libby and Dick Cheney blowing up levies before hurricane Katrina too.

STRILE

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on September 15, 2007, 01:08:19 pm
Get over it.  Griping about it isn't going to change anything. 
NEVER.  HDN's sins against the program are unforgivable.  I think there is a good chance his ultimate downfall will begin tonight.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

Hawgustus Maximus

[/quote]
With Mcfadden, Jones an Hillis with Burns, passingwould be open all day since only LSU could get away with not putting 11 in the box.

OKCHawg

Remind me, who recruited McFadden and Jones???

Hogndog36

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 15, 2007, 01:05:08 pm
Quote from: Hogndog36 on September 15, 2007, 01:01:03 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on September 15, 2007, 12:58:58 pm
Quote from: Hogndog36 on September 15, 2007, 12:55:57 pm

Both. 

Well kodi can't pass, so he would be nothing but a running QB here, therefor going against moving to a better passing attack

As a senior at Northside, Burns was a better passer than Matt Jones was as a senior at Northside.

As for his college career, he's been on two drives and you're saying he can't throw!?!

How did kodi do his senior year?

How did Matt Do?

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 15, 2007, 01:15:37 pm
Quote from: cbad on September 15, 2007, 01:08:26 pm
Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 15, 2007, 12:56:20 pm

That is absolutely not true. Burns was not afraid of competing against Mustain.

I had heard that Burns' desicion was a family choice, due to how HDN treated Kodi's brother Khayyam.

Negative. That played no role in the decision.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Hawgustus Maximus

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 15, 2007, 01:07:34 pm
No we did not. we lost them because of Houston Nutt. do not re-write history.

We lost them because of impotent nutts/inadequate leaders. What else can I say.

abraHAM_lincoln

It is sickening to hear the "I would rather have ___________ over __________ talk.  WHy the hell do we have to choose???  It is the DORK's job to get the players to WANT to be here..and have more than one QB on your roster.   3 Top Flight big time QB's in the area..and remind me again how many of them are wearing the Razorback Helmet????  Oh yea.. we would rather have a couple division II hander-offers.