Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oklahoma St vs Troy thread

Started by NuttinItUp, September 14, 2007, 08:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Pretty close game right now. Troy up 7-0 early in the 1st.

Will this game shed any more light on how good Arkansas is if Troy does well?

Game on ESPN2

Dwight_K_Shrute

Not necessarily,  True looks much improved from their first game til now and they are playing at home.

I would not want to be playing them at Troy tonight.  Although their QB is still a bit color blind.  Threw a pick in the endzone, it should be 14-0 Troy.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Reaganite

Troy is 16-0 in home openers.

They looked really good against Nutt's old ball club early on.

Table Rocker

a mcfadden/jones mention just now.....announcer said coaches around the country are talking about that combo being one of the best "in a long,long time"

Reaganite

They also announced they'll be going to Tuscalooser in the 3rd quarter to talk to Todd Blackledge about our game.

NuttinItUp

Well, I am rooting for Troy. Besides not liking anything Oklahoma, I think it will help us out in the long run (SOS and all that) if Troy wins. Go Troy.

TransAmHawg

7-3 Trojans, my second favorite Trojans that  is.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

Dwight_K_Shrute

Todd has been doing a food segment during his games as well.  Anyone want to wager he will be visiting Dreamland?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

TD Troy, missed the PAT, 13-3 Trojans.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Troy's kicker is burying them in the endzone on kickoffs.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 14, 2007, 08:30:24 pm
Troy's kicker is burying them in the endzone on kickoffs.
He seems really good. I don't remember him doing that to us.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Who would take Haugabrook over Casey?

I would take him, the appy state QB, or Mid TN State qb, just to name 3 mid to low majors with better QB's.

We would be scary good with any of the 3.

Reaganite

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 14, 2007, 08:37:44 pm

I would take him, the appy state QB, or Mid TN State qb, just to name 3 mid to low majors with better QB's.

Wouldn't matter Dwight.   Nutt can ruin ANY quarterback in his 'Bus Driver' system.

NuttinItUp

3 and out, Troy gonna punt (most likely)

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Reaganite on September 14, 2007, 08:42:21 pm

Wouldn't matter Dwight.   Nutt can ruin ANY quarterback in his 'Bus Driver' system.

If you take away our dreams what do we have?

Ex-Trumpet

If memory serves me, I thought CD looked good for a true freshman--he just got the Nutt...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Defensive TD by Troy.  20-3.  Maybe Gundy will suck so bad they will can his A$$ and go for transfer boy.

The real Hogules

Another turnover by OSU-Stillwater.

Who knows, maybe there will be an opening at Nuttless' almamater at the seasons end.

I'm sure he loves that helmet as well as ours and they're probably just as special and precious to him (if not more so) than the school he left.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

NuttinItUp

NuttinItUp

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Cooper on September 14, 2007, 09:10:25 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 14, 2007, 08:11:36 pm
Well, I am rooting for Troy. Besides not liking anything Oklahoma, I think it will help us out in the long run (SOS and all that) if Troy wins. Go Troy.

We're not going to be in a position for SOS to have any effect on our season.
I sure hope we will be. The only way we wouldn't is if we didn't make a bowl at all. (which would be tragic)

MichaelT.

SPAL

i put a pretty good sum of money on troy to cover....im rooting for troy....that fake punt riled me up.

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: Cooper on September 14, 2007, 09:15:02 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 14, 2007, 09:11:24 pm

I sure hope we will be. The only way we wouldn't is if we didn't make a bowl at all. (which would be tragic)

SOS really only affects BCS bowls.

Which really puts us out of contention for SOS to matter.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Damn another Troy TD   about to be 27-10

Killean

See guys, I told you our secondary was better than you thought.

At this point we're the only team to make Haugabook look bad AND Arkansas has held Troy to fewer points than any other team this season.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Cooper on September 14, 2007, 09:15:02 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 14, 2007, 09:11:24 pm

SOS really only affects BCS bowls.
Indirectly it affects ratings of any kind. (through the human factor)

Emmet Ray

Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on September 14, 2007, 09:14:01 pm
if okie st coach gets fired... hmmmmm maybe nutt transfers there again???

Will he sneak over there again, in the middle of the night, without telling anyone?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Emmet Ray on September 14, 2007, 09:20:46 pm
Quote from: Jerry Swine-feld on September 14, 2007, 09:14:01 pm
if okie st coach gets fired... hmmmmm maybe nutt transfers there again???

Will he sneak over there again, in the middle of the night, without telling anyone?
Any way would be ok with me.

NuttinItUp

27-10 Troy, they are killing OSU.

Troy did fairly well against Florida and are doing really well against OSU; I am hoping this bodes well for Arkansas.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Man just caught a sideline shot of Gundy.  Looked a lot Mike Shula.  Real deer in the headlights look.  If we did send them Nutt I think it would be a win win for both programs.

hogginuplittlerock

WOW....what a friggin play by troy.......

BigoBoys

Troy is going to win this game.  OK State looks like a Div II team

NuttinItUp

Quote from: BigoBoys on September 14, 2007, 09:27:29 pm
Troy is going to win this game.  OK State looks like a Div II team
Good. If I can't see OU lose, next best thing is OSU. ;)

The_Bionic_Pig

Was Arkansas defense that good or Oklahoma State's defense that bad?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dwight_K_Shrute

Troy on the 3 about to score again.  This is a different team than we played. 

NuttinItUp

MysticHog

Dwight_K_Shrute

Troy just screwed the pooch and ran out of time to score.

NuttinItUp

imahoggie

where is the visitors locker room at troy? it looked like okie st was walkin thru the parking lot to get there
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

Buster

troy 16 first downs  pokes 9
hug-a-book 21-27 passing
263 passing
63 run
OSU
8-14
57 passing
27 running

COCHISE

Quote from: imahoggie on September 14, 2007, 09:42:09 pm
where is the visitors locker room at troy? it looked like okie st was walkin thru the parking lot to get there
They were going to the bus to go home.

judgeroyswine

Quote from: imahoggie on September 14, 2007, 09:42:09 pm

That is what I was thinking.  They were crossing traffic and stuff.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

TransAmHawg

Lou just picked Arkansas to win over bummer. Said Dmac and Felix were all we'd need. Mentioned the transfers and coaching changes as distractions but the hogs will come together.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

hog.goblin

I just like to see Troy playing such a good nonconf schedule.  @ Ark, @ FL, home against the Pokes.  Give them credit, they got the balls to schedule tough teams (Pokes are even considered tough relative to the Sun Belt).

Wish we had at least one or two Poke type teams on our nonconf schedule.

hog.goblin

Go Troy, maybe a couple of those OSU commits will rethink about the Hogs.  Pokes are going no where.

judgeroyswine

Okie State's defense is horrible!

NuttinItUp

Good gosh, is OSU supposed to be any good this year? I hope not, cause they look horrible.

judgeroyswine