Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. Alabama prediction thread

Started by alohawg, September 14, 2007, 02:39:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bama Possum

Quote from: AHSC412 on September 14, 2007, 04:49:03 pm
Quote from: AHSC412 on September 14, 2007, 04:47:12 pm
Quote from: Bama Possum on September 14, 2007, 04:11:15 pm
I know that folks are supposed to support their teams, but I wonder what the folks who think Arkansas will blow Bama away are basing their predictions on?

Alabama has basically the exact same team that came within inches of beating you at home with last year, (should have beat you last year!) AND a better coaching staff.

Arkansas has LESS than they beat Bama with last year (no QB or tested receivers), AND they are playing in Tuscaloosa.

Bama 31
Hogs 21

The fact that the Tide are using a 3-4 Defense this year bodes extremely well for Arkansas. This means that DMac will usually only end up 1 on 1 with a linebacker before breaking into the secondary, and DMac will win that battle every time.

JPW has the potential to be good, but last year he was lights out. The JPW we have seen this year does not even REMOTELY resemble the one that went 16/20 passing against us last year in Fayetteville.

We won't even remotely come close to throwing 4 interceptions in this game. Hell, it would be going out a limb to say that we would actually THROW the ball 4 times the entire game.

JPW had the game of his life(you get my drift) and MM had a HORRIBLE game last year.

Hogs roll.

We may still have Nutt and you may have Saban, but in a nutshell, 'Bama is still soft on D and outside of Grant they are far more anemic on offense this year.

Saban can not bring you a world beater in his first season. Bama fans need to understand, you will NEVER return to your former glory on a consistent basis, if you ever even get back there at all.

I guess we have no choice but line them up and let them play.

BTW, I have never attacked anyone on the board, I just asked a question. I have never talked down about Nutt or anything about Arkansas.  Those who feel a need to talk crap and throw insults  need to grow up IMO.

The very same logic you are using to downgrade Bama's defense and JPW can be applied to Arkansas. I know that Troy is one mean team. Actually, JPW didn't have a "game of his life" against Arky last year, he had several along with a couple of so-so games. He missed about three passes last week, and suddenly he has deteriorated into a mediocre QB?

I doubt that. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

hogtusk

Arkansas 31
Alabama  27

If we win this one we could have a better year than I thought before the season.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

David Brent

My picks are the kiss of death, so here's to hoping that the trend continues....

Bama 31

Hogs 27

Just in case the jinx has run it's course:

Hogs 31

Bama 27

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

WichitaStateRazorback

chrismo

Quote from: deserthawg on September 14, 2007, 04:06:36 pm
Casey completes 14 of 22 passes 1 for a td

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA 14 of 22...and a td? WHOOO HOOO good to be optimistic, but this isnt one of our sunbelt conference games.

blue

Quote from: jrparrish on September 14, 2007, 05:00:51 pm
Quote from: 1WildHog on September 14, 2007, 04:46:07 pm
Bama 40
Hogs  27    :'(

Are you kidding? Bama's offense couldn't score 40 if they were the only team on the field and were spotted 21 points. Good God.

Hogs 31
Bama 13
Are you kidding, they will score more than 13 with us trying to stop them.

slopinhogs

September 14, 2007, 05:43:03 pm #58 Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 05:45:14 pm by slopinhogs
ARK 34

Bama 21

we need to get off the number 22 in attempted passes. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Dances With Hogs

September 14, 2007, 05:45:42 pm #59 Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 05:51:00 pm by Dances With Hogs

Mr. Porkleone

Thru 59 posts its:

Hogs 49 picks for
Bama 10 picks for

A bunch of homer picks on this game...Speak from the heart...We have no passing, unless dmac's throwing. Will be defensive struggle...

Bama 33
Hogs 18

WylieHog

mword

hawgbawb

I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

jst01

anyone who thinks we score less than 20 is kidding themselves.  we may score 12 with FGs.  hogs will score 30+ and then its up to the defense.

NuttinItUp

Hoggam's Razor

This game will hinge on special teams...........we make mistakes on'em and we lose.
Hogs-34
Tied-17
I hate it when people complain.

Oinkle Sam

I'm sorry but..

Bama 35
Hogs  10

Bama will pull away in 3rd quarter. And I wouldn't be surprised if the loss of the game is not the worst thing to happen to us tomorrow.

Ironhawg

I am worried about our defense and our passing game, or rather, our lack of a passing game.  I think Bama puts nine in the box and double-dog dares us to pass.  I haven't seen anything so far to reassure me we can throw any better than last year.  On defense I am concerned about whether or not we can put consistent pressure on the QB and cover their receivers.

Bama - 28
Hogs  - 20

:puke:

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

TOM "tbw1"

Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Dwight_K_Shrute

I predict that sometime during the game thread someone will b!tch about us getting no respect and Saban getting all the attention.  Someone will disparage Mark May, and their will be a minimum of 14 posts involving a text messaging reference.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

parrishw

Quote from: Chris on September 14, 2007, 04:35:52 pm
Arkansas 20
Alabama  28

Saban is a great coach and the crowd will be very loud, but none of that will win the game for Bama. Houston Nutt will be chewin' his fingernails during warm-ups. He won't let Dick throw a pass until it's an obvious passing situation. Nutt will be too scared to take a chance early that is needed to back the defense up a little. Saban will out coach him. Nutt loses the game. 

Yep..............this is the future

camden5r

HOGS 28

TIDE 17

Hogs win PERIOD   GHG :razorback:

RedSatinHog

Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

mykidsdad

HamHands

Hogs by 4-7 points. We will be down early, but wear out their D-line down the stretch.
One day at a time.

nathanj

Hogs 26, Bama 21.  4 Tejada field goals.  Geaux Hogs!!

harmonyhog

Alabama 21    Arkansas 19    Tejada misses a 30 yd FG with 3 sec left

Sorry folks, we will not win.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SemperHawg

31-14 Hogs role...Its already gameday over here, I'm stoked.

Go Hogs Go...Beat Bama!!!

MDH

Hogs - 31
Bama - 28

Rushing: Dmac - 105  Jones - 130

Saban grins all the way to the bank, having thoroughly enjoyed watching #5 and #25 play and getting paid to do it.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

RypTyde

Quote from: PorkOpine on September 14, 2007, 11:30:21 pm
Saban's first SEC home game with 90,000 rabid fans behind him.  The sting remaining from last years double OT loss.  Weak QB and defensive secondary play from Arkansas = a BLOWOUT in favor of the Bama. 

It's going to get ugly quick, fast and in a hurry. 

ROLL TIDE! 
Remember last year . . . 4 million doesn't buy a team.  Get a kicker?  Got another back we've got three?  Remember Auburn brought a big crowd too.  14/28 last week.  Hope JP comes out stronger this game.  Bama's overrated don't buy the hype.  Your going to learn why one of your fans was trying to trade any 11 of your player for Darren with me last year at the game.  Awesome new coach with the same overrated team.  3-0 last year coming into Fayetteville.  Here comes the hogs baby. Here comes a 1 where that pretty zero was like last year.

Hogs: 28- Bama 7.  Hogs jump out early lead like last year against LSU and never look back.  Reggie mans the D and JP can't adjust.   
Arkansas convert.  From Gator and Gamecock to hogwild.

softserve

I know that folks are supposed to support their teams, but I wonder what the folks who think Arkansas will blow Bama away are basing their predictions on?

Alabama has basically the exact same team that came within inches of beating you at home with last year, (should have beat you last year!) AND a better coaching staff.

Arkansas has LESS than they beat Bama with last year (no QB or tested receivers), AND they are playing in Tuscaloosa.

Bama 31
Hogs 21

That means the same team who lost to OSU, who just got smoked by Troy.  Last year means nothing.
Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

razorbass

Hogs 34                                                                                                                                                 Tide  17                                                                             

Le Hogtre

TruthHog

Calmer than you are.

InsuranceHog

a wild boar

Arkansas 35

Bama 21
Game is over by start of the 4th Qtr, bama scores late to make it look close. 
What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.

woghild

Bama - 24
Hogs - 17

McFadden/Jones not invincible & no passing game

hogsmaster

blu

Bama 31
Hogs 21

We were very fortunate to win that game. Our offense had not jelled and our QB had a terrible game. Your QB had one of the best games of his career, but we still won. Our line was better than your line last year. They are still at least gonna be even this year. We do have better RBs, you do have better WRs. Usually, in games like this the team that can control the line of scrimmage and move the ball on the ground wins. Hogs will win in a low scoring slobberknocker.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

razorbackjapan

I'm nervous but I still think the Hogs will pull it out today 27-21.  Go HOGS!  BEAT BAMA!

fire_hog

In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

joeyself

Quote from: Chris on September 14, 2007, 04:35:52 pm
Arkansas 20
Alabama  28

Saban is a great coach and the crowd will be very loud, but none of that will win the game for Bama. Houston Nutt will be chewin' his fingernails during warm-ups. He won't let Dick throw a pass until it's an obvious passing situation. Nutt will be too scared to take a chance early that is needed to back the defense up a little. Saban will out coach him. Nutt loses the game. 

I used the same reasoning, but came to 28-23 'Bama.  I think I gave Tejada an extra field goal, based on conservative play calling when in the red zone.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS